RIP Dolores Ed, And now his watch has ended.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Some brilliant scenes. Constant suspense.
    Slightly let down by the death of the NK though. Wanted to see some more plot between him and Bran.

The Jon and NK scene was absolutely incredible though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoroughly enjoyable.

Main issue was the darkness throughout, fucking hurt my eyes.

They were tactically inept. You've got trebuchets in front of your troops? They fired one shot all battle. Dothraki were a bit daft too.

Nearly all of the whining in here is just shite, how did she sneak in snow, face palm, she literally did that an episode ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    About done with the juvenile attempts to get a rise from me?

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't die.
    Source?

Where's ma boi?

EDIT: Just seen the trailer. Looks like Rhaegal is alive too.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the throne being the 'final boss' is good? lots of twists to come and ultimately, the show is and has been primarily about who's sitting on the Iron Throne at the end of it all.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2019-04-29 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Source?

Where's ma boi?
    He was alive in ep4 teaser .

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The true question is:

Who the hell is gonna clean up that mess after the battle ???

There are literally tens of thousands dead bodies lying around now

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why was the NK standing infront of Bran in the first place when he sat out the entire battle on his dragon?

He thought he had won.
    Brann was multitasking.

He checked Cersei, she got a finger in her bum.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the throne being the 'final boss' is good? lots of twists to come and ultimately, the show is and has been primarily about who's sitting on the Iron Throne at the end of it all.
    I hope you are. The whole theme of the show is that they're wasting all their time fighting over the throne, when the real enemy is gathering in the north. For it to just finish with the throne just shows how bad Dan and Dave are at this.

Just look at how they talk about the episode afterwards.

Send light cavalry into a mass of undead for basically suspension. Dany flies off not sticking to the plan because she's so surprised that didn't work. Have Arya kill Night King because everyone expects it to be Jon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    The true question is:

Who the hell is gonna clean up that mess after the battle ???

There are literally tens of thousands dead bodies lying around now
    Well they wont have to worry about feeding the dragons.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would never expect Arya to end this. Like never ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Whether or not Arya put points into Improved Stealth is a stupid thing to waste time arguing about. She trained with the Faceless Men, and even though the show shit the bed with how it depicted her training, you can assume that as a trained assassin she's basically a ninja.
    There are a lot of stupid things that happen in this episode, but Arya appearing behind the Night King has to be the worst. The random zombies in the library could hear one freaking drop of blood fall on the floor, but the white walkers themselves don't notice a girl out in the open running past them and lunging at the Night King? lolwut?

So they were building up the White Walkers for 9 years for absolutely nothing. Just take them out of the plot, and everything would be the same. And the joke that is show Euron is one of the main villains. Is this for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe she face swapped with an undead lool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I hope you are. The whole theme of the show is that they're wasting all their time fighting over the throne, when the real enemy is gathering in the north. For it to just finish with the throne just shows how bad Dan and Dave are at this.

Just look at how they talk about the episode afterwards.

Send light cavalry into a mass of undead for basically suspension. Dany flies off not sticking to the plan because she's so surprised that didn't work. Have Arya kill Night King because everyone expects it to be Jon.

- - - Updated - - -
    So you're wanting the Night King to be the final boss when we know hardly anything about him? When Arya stabbed him, I wasn't cheering. I doubt many people were?

The plot behind the NK was poorly written while Cersei is a really good character. We've seen her slowly getting more bat shit insane for the last 7 seasons. The biggest reveal in the entire show is that Jon is the heir to throne and what the consequences of that will be.

Perhaps if the NK had been given more plot I would agree, but I would rather see the last couple of episodes dedicated to the politics and betrayal of fighting for the Throne, rather than a mediocre living v dead story. I imagine the spin off shows will give us a more fleshed out story to the NK and the Children of the Forest.

Was a great episode, but I'm really hyped for what the next three episodes could bring us.

RIP Night King. Poisoned by his enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    So they were building up the White Walkers for 9 years for absolutely nothing. Just take them out of the plot, and everything would be the same. And the joke that is show Euron is one of the main villains. Is this for real.
    The WWs killed off A LOT of people. Too bad the writers were too scared of killing too many named characters though. I can see not killing off characters who create political problems when they are trying to wrap up the show (Jon, Dany, Sansa) but there had tons of other characters to add some weight to the battle. No one cares if hundreds of extras die.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The WWs killed off A LOT of people. Too bad the writers were too scared of killing too many named characters though. I can see not killing off characters who create political problems when they are trying to wrap up the show (Jon, Dany, Sansa) but there had tons of other characters to add some weight to the battle. No one cares if hundreds of extras die.
    Tormund, Podrick, Brienne, even Jaimie could have died but...

Also House Mormont is officially wiped out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Damn, your salt about the lore forum knows no bounds. You're even spreading your fantasies about it that don't overlap with what people actually say in it to other subforums. Sad, but not unexpected.
    Of course the Sylvanas Salt Mine loved this episode. Of course they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post

Jaime needs to be alive to kill Cersei he also should have scored the kill on the Night King

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    There are some standing forces. Whatever is left of the Tullys. And the Seconds Sons. The House Glover forces. And the Yara Ironborn. Almost none one of them are going to show up though.

So the major dead are Ed, Ser Jorah, Ser Beric, Illyana Mormont . Anyone else? Varys isnt much needed anymore. No one of import in the crypt died.

And where was Nymeria and her pack? What was Bran greensighting or Worging that whole time?

Wonder if unofficial officially if Hodor, Jojenn, and Summer were in the army?

Emotionally drained. Not perfect, but soooo good.
    Whatever knights are still in the vale will join danny, royce seems totally sold on her in hhe preview fof next episode. I guess we'll see more of warden of the east.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post

Mormont said he needed to rest due to injuries, didn't see him actually die.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Clegane is alive, you know what this means for the final episode.

CLEGANE BOWL GET HYPE

So you're wanting the Night King to be the final boss when we know hardly anything about him? When Arya stabbed him, I wasn't cheering. I doubt many people were?

The plot behind the NK was poorly written while Cersei is a really good character. We've seen her slowly getting more bat shit insane for the last 7 seasons. The biggest reveal in the entire show is that Jon is the heir to throne and what the consequences of that will be.

Perhaps if the NK had been given more plot I would agree, but I would rather see the last couple of episodes dedicated to the politics and betrayal of fighting for the Throne, rather than a mediocre living v dead story. I imagine the spin off shows will give us a more fleshed out story to the NK and the Children of the Forest.

Was a great episode, but I'm really hyped for what the next three episodes could bring us.
    That's the fault of the shit writers behind the show. He doesn't even exist in the books, so they could have done anything with him and in the end, he was just someone to nerf Dany before the real final fight with Cersei.

What isn't so poorly written is the actual theme of the series of how everyone in Westeros is obsessed with getting the throne, while the real enemy is preparing to attack from the North. It's the first scene of the show, it's tied to prophecies and literally Bran reveals in the second episode that they've been having this battle over and over and Bran resets it when he dies. This supposed epic battle between these 2 powerful beings, ends with Bran doing nothing the entire time and Arya just stabs the Night King.

You can like Cersei, I do too, but she's not the main villain of the series. It would be like if the next star wars movie has Ben die in the first 30 minutes and Hux is the final enemy for the rest of the movie. No! xD