Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Tormund, Podrick, Brienne, even Jaimie could have died but...

Also House Mormont is officially wiped out.
    Jorah is alive. And while the show was silent about it, Lyanna has 4 older sisters in the books (though one died at the Red Wedding).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Of course the Sylvanas Salt Mine loved this episode. Of course they did.
    Likewise, i'm not surprised the "hoomin potential" memesters hated it.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jaime needs to be alive to kill Cersei he also should have scored the kill on the Night King
    Someone posted this on /tv/

>final battle of humanity vs the dead
    >Bran is warged into the past, being protected by Jaime and Brienne
    >white walker stabs Brienne with her own sword, she lays on the ground dying
    >cut to young Jaime kneeling, with Aerys Targaryean saying "In the name of the Warrior, I charge you to be brave..."
    >Jaime kills the WW, and after a brief moment of grief, draws the sword from Brienne, now aflame
    >cut to Aerys: "Do you swear to defend the innocent and the helpless, in the name of the Seven?" "I swear it"
    >audio of Jaime and Brienne's parting plays as Jaime looks around
    >"They say the best swords have names. Any ideas?"
    >Night King appears and stares at Bran, his ultimate target
    >"Oathkeeper."
    >Jaime steps in between them, laughing somberly
    >"Do you know what they call me?"
    >as Azor Ahai walks toward the Night King, all that can be heard is a cacophony of voices from past seasons cursing:
    >"Kingslayer.. Kingslayer! KINGSLAYER!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Where the fuck where the knights of the vale anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Someone posted this on /tv/

>final battle of humanity vs the dead
    >Bran is warged into the past, being protected by Jaime and Brienne
    >white walker stabs Brienne with her own sword, she lays on the ground dying
    >cut to young Jaime kneeling, with Aerys Targaryean saying "In the name of the Warrior, I charge you to be brave..."
    >Jaime kills the WW, and after a brief moment of grief, draws the sword from Brienne, now aflame
    >cut to Aerys: "Do you swear to defend the innocent and the helpless, in the name of the Seven?" "I swear it"
    >audio of Jaime and Brienne's parting plays as Jaime looks around
    >"They say the best swords have names. Any ideas?"
    >Night King appears and stares at Bran, his ultimate target
    >"Oathkeeper."
    >Jaime steps in between them, laughing somberly
    >"Do you know what they call me?"
    >as Azor Ahai walks toward the Night King, all that can be heard is a cacophony of voices from past seasons cursing:
    >"Kingslayer.. Kingslayer! KINGSLAYER!"
    The /tv/ Jaime pasta would've been a 10/10 kino ending. We will never be lucky enough to watch Azor Jaime, the finest swordsman in Westeros™, kill the Night King, while feeling the weight of his personal struggles as Mark Addy's Robert Baratheon booms "KINGSLAYER!" in the background.

That's the fault of the shit writers behind the show. He doesn't even exist in the books, so they could have done anything with him and in the end, he was just someone to nerf Dany before the real final fight with Cersei.

What isn't so poorly written is the actual theme of the series of how everyone in Westeros is obsessed with getting the throne, while the real enemy is preparing to attack from the North. It's the first scene of the show, it's tied to prophecies and literally Bran reveals in the second episode that they've been having this battle over and over and Bran resets it when he dies. This supposed epic battle between these 2 powerful beings, ends with Bran doing nothing the entire time and Arya just stabs the Night King.

You can like Cersei, I do too, but she's not the main villain of the series. It would be like if the next star wars movie has Ben die in the first 30 minutes and Hux is the final enemy for the rest of the movie. No! xD
    Nearly every good character that has died has been the victim of the Throne or the politics surrounding it.
    At this point, after everything that has transpired, I feel Cersei and the Throne should be the ultimate conquest. In the books, I have no doubt it will be different once we get some more flesh to the White Walker legend.

Ever since they've described the NK as being 'the embodiment of death', I knew it wouldn't be a suitable ending. What even is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Likewise, i'm not surprised the "hoomin potential" memesters hated it.
    Funny you should say that, considering Human Potential is an objective problem in the Warcraft Universe. What's it like having objectively bad taste in media?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Jorah is alive. And while the show was silent about it, Lyanna has 4 older sisters in the books (though one died at the Red Wedding).
    The video they do talking about the episode afterwards, I think they said Jorah's dead. Also, those sisters probably don't exist in the show if they weren't ahead of her for leadership. Arianne Martell exists in the books, but some bastards took over Dorne like it was nothing in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Jorah is alive.
    Black dude, question mark meme

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also forgot to mention how trash Davos was portrayed. He was more seen stalking Melisandre super fire mage instead of actually doing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Nearly every good character that has died has been the victim of the Throne or the politics surrounding it.
    At this point, after everything that has transpired, I feel Cersei and the Throne should be the ultimate conquest. In the books, I have no doubt it will be different once we get some more flesh to the White Walker legend.

Ever since they've described the NK as being 'the embodiment of death', I knew it wouldn't be a suitable ending. What even is that?
    I don't know what that even is either... I was expecting to find out... you know??

But seriously, this is something they themselves made. Even moreso this character and it's like... is it too much to ask them to deliver on it? It feels like Rian Johnson took over and said "Night King? He's no one, SUBVERT EXPECTATIONS!"(Also that scumbag made a tweet after the episode, making a joke about theories)

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Btw Jorah is dead. No doubt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny you should say that, considering Human Potential is an objective problem in the Warcraft Universe. What's it like having objectively bad taste in media?
    What's it like? Wouldn't know, i don't go shoving my subjective opinions down peoples throats while claiming it to be objective.

The only objective thing one can take from this is that you think anyone who disagrees with you has bad taste.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Where the fuck where the knights of the vale anyway
    I think they were under Brienne's command

10+ Year Old Account
    What's it like? Wouldn't know, i don't go shoving my subjective opinions down peoples throats while claiming it to be objective.

The only objective thing one can take from this is that you think anyone who disagrees with you has bad taste.
    Have you ever noticed it's the people with extraordinarily bad takes that routinely shout "subjective!!" over and over? I have.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think they were under Brienne's command
    But if memory serves they're mounted knights. In the battle of the bastards they were for sure. What happened to their horses?

Do you play a human in a fantasy setting that has numerous fantasy races to choose from? If so... then you have bad taste

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    But if memory serves they're mounted knights. In the battle of the bastards they were for sure. What happened to their horses?
    Drogon got hungry

Seriously though, seeing how they treated their light cavalry, it's probably best they didn't keep those guys on horses. But I'm going to assume budgets. I was actually really annoyed that there's literally like 5 different armies here and you don't really get to see it, but that's why books are better.

I feel the episode was very entertaning, but man, what at let down in terms of the NK..
    Like, you know nothing of his motives/history with Brann, and he dies so easily without any fuss.
    I mean, there's still 4 episodes left, so we might get more story behind it, but still.
    And also, in the courtyard you have all the main characters with a circle of undead around them, without a scratch. The plot armor was a little too thick for my liking..
    But overall, still a very good episode!

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever noticed it's the people with extraordinarily bad takes that routinely shout "subjective!!" over and over? I have.
    Have you ever noticed that the people who hate everything mindlessly shout "objective!!" over and over as if trying to make their subjective opinions sound like facts? I have.

Enjoying something or not is entirely subjective, you either do or you don't. But the moment you try to make your opinion sound like the end all be all of facts, you end up sounding like an asshole trying to push their own agenda instead.

Saying the episode is bad because events didn't go as you wanted is a subjective opinion. Saying the episode is bad because the lighting was so god damned horrible that you couldn't see half the stuff going on is an objective fact.

Learn the difference.

Do you play a human in a fantasy setting that has numerous fantasy races to choose from? If so... then you have bad taste
    Good thing i play an orc death knight then!
    TEA IS DOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I feel the episode was very entertaning, but man, what at let down in terms of the NK..
    Like, you know nothing of his motives/history with Brann, and he dies so easily without any fuss.
    I mean, there's still 4 episodes left, so we might get more story behind it, but still.
    And also, in the courtyard you have all the main characters with a circle of undead around them, without a scratch. The plot armor was a little too thick for my liking..
    But overall, still a very good episode!
    I was really hoping we were going to get more backstory, like Bran goes back and tries to figure out more about him and how to defeat him. Even more when Tyrion decided to talk with him about what he's been through. Just a huge letdown for someone who has been the "real enemy" this entire time, to just be some terminator that gets stabbed(despite that he can supposedly also see the past/future/etc...)

Episode was extremely fun to watch though, kinda like how TLJ was somewhat fun when I first watched it :/

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing i play an orc death knight then!
    Ehh, average taste then. Not as good as blood elf