Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe, now the nerd in me wonders if the snap didn't take that into account - since we are in the realm of make belief and pretty much magic...if Thanos said he wants to kill "exactly" 50% and we have all the other wondrous things in this universe..a magician, gods etc etc...so maybe the snap only killed 23.7362% and the rest died as you described
    No, because Thanos wanted a perfectly random Snap, if it started to anticipate the snap's consequences, it wouldn't be random anymore.

I'm... really confused about a few things regarding Endgame (spoilers because it's about the end of the movie and one big event).
    1- The "un-snap" is nice and all but... It's far from being as perfect as everybody in the movie seem to think this is. What happened to people in motion (cars, trains, planes) ? To people having surgery ?
    2- Captain went to put back the Stones "where they found them". I'm really curious as to how Captain have created a Tesseract around the Space Stone, how on earth did he put the Spirit Stone back inside the Scepter (and gave it back to Hydra, inadvertantly confirming he is part of it in this timeline ?), and most importantly, how he re-implanted the Aether in Jane Foster ? Did he stab her in her sleep with the syringe ? That's not very Captain-y !
    3- Real concern here, we should have never seen Captain "come back" as an old guy. Kinda fucks up the entire thing, and breaks the "we can't impact the future by acting on the past" imo. I liked the fact they explained it like that, thus the three "pasts" are inside their own timeline/dimension/whatever. But somehow, Captain went back in 1970 and made his life with Peggy, and somehow THIS timeline is cannon while the two other ones (2010 and 2013) are not (and they can't be). How ? Why ?
    4- Talking about Peggy, isn't there an age problem ? She looks the same in 1970 as in 1945, that's weird af.

Also disappointed about what they did to Hulk/Banner. I was expecting some deeper look inside his two personalities. I kinda "hoped" the snap would have snapped Hulk but not Banner, explaining his current situation in Endgame, and the un-snap would bring back a fully angry Hulk to the battlefield. But they decided to explain Professor Hulk by, basically, a murder from Banner, who decided to entirely get rid of Hulk's personality to only keep the muscles. What ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-04-29 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Me and my buddy have this theory.
    Cap went back in time to be with Peggy. Of course, this created a splintered alternate reality, since time is a line and not a circle. So you have Universe 1 with all the events of Endgame, and Universe 2 where original Cap is living his life with Peggy.
    In Universe 2, Peggy eventually dies. After she died, Cap used the time travel device to get back to Universe 1 and give the shield to the dude I can never remember how he's called.
    So Cap's travel would be:
    Universe 1, young Cap -> Universe 2 created by his presence till he gets old and Peggy dies -> Universe 1 again where he passes on his shield.
    That would make sense actually, it would also make sense as to why he didn't want to talk about her to sam about her. The only hole in it though, he would have been returned to the pad despite it being "miss-timed"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Here's some more questions
    You have to assume that half the people on flights were dusted. So, when they're snapped back, would they be in the same place they were dusted from, just 5 years later? You'd have half-planefuls of people falling from the sky because the plane hadn't been there in 5 years. The same would happen on highways.
    -You'd have people doubled up in hospital beds or suddenly appearing where the beds used to be and falling to the floor.
    I think it's a safe assumption the stones would place them on the surface or where their ashes fell they'd be in that area

-Peter's classmates would all have graduated, and he'd be with all new kids.
    Since homecoming 2 is minutes after endgame, I think it's a safe assumption (and good coincidence) that peters friends were dusted, so they'd be returning to pick up where they left from. The trip to the EU is probably a bonding exercise to get the "undusted" and new kids to mingle. I can't for the life of my assume a school would be like "You know whats a good idea to do now everyone is back! Educational trip to x!"

-People would have started new relationships. Dusted wives and husbands would show up to their spouse in a new happy relationship. Families with "replacement" kids would suddenly find their houses over-crowded.
    That would happen, I'm sure you'd have some partners run back to their loves while others have made their peace and truly moved on. Also not everyone would have married or got into new relationships. We saw this in the opening where the guy said he had been on a date for the first time in 5 years

-Inheritance money would have been spent.
    -Dusted people would move back into their empty houses, assuming they weren't looted, or the contents were sold, or that new families hadn't moved in.
    Yup, we saw trashed houses via antman. In this scenario you're going to have to assume some sort of emergency relief fund would be in place to get people back on their feet.

-People would undoubtedly re-appear inside newly built walls, or inside other people.
    Again, I don't think this would happen more so just at the new locations

-Let's say you were having sex when you got dusted. You reappear naked and with a rock hard dick.
    Naked yes, hard on no. Every up close shot we saw of people getting dusted, they felt odd and knew something was wrong. Think of it this way, get a hard on, light a match and put it out on your wrist. Watch how quick you lose it.

-What happens to dusted people's jobs?
    We can assume with bigger multi national companies, they'd be able to rehire. Remember Thanos plan and justification, the previous planets like Gamoras flourished in the years after he wiped 50% of them out. It's a safe bet earth would have been the same (remember mention of the whales) while it sucks for populations the result is actually positive

-What happens to the dusted livestock in factory farms when there's suddenly twice as many?
    This is actually the biggest issue. When the livestock got blown, farmers would naturally want to replenish them. The thing about live stock is that's doable in a short space of time. Sheep to cattle levels probably would have been restored easily in those 5 years. Even if they didn't need as much product from it, they'd still want the ££.

So when that live stock was brought back, you've not got the original number doubled, you've got way more. Which means you'll get a massive spike in gases climate wise. You'll have way more consumers than producers which will exhaust the natural food source. You also have a significantly increased chance of disease from the close proximity of the live stock to each other + conditions.

Then we can apply that to animals in the wild. Hypothetically, lets say as a result of Thanos's snap, we have a sudden decrease in parasites such as malaria population wise, they also have less vectors to carry them and less hosts to infect. At the same time, there's now an increase in finance which may lead to more preventative treatments, post treatments and preventive methods of being infected. So we can assume a disease like malaria would be close to being wiped out if not completely containable.

Now pop, 50% of everything is back, relate the live stock example / problem of proximity and disease and apply it humans in third world countries. You're going to get outbreaks. Even worse you're going to get other disease outbreaks from the living conditions. Yea there's hospitals about and there's a chance it could even be free universal health care (again, thanks to thanos) but those facilities have been catered to the area post snap, not before. They wouldn't have the capacity to deal with the increased traffic. Not to mention existing health care problems the restored individuals already had.

LeSean McCoy did nothing wrong.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    No, because Thanos wanted a perfectly random Snap, if it started to anticipate the snap's consequences, it wouldn't be random anymore.

I'm... really confused about a few things regarding Endgame (spoilers because it's about the end of the movie and one big event).
    1- The "un-snap" is nice and all but... It's far from being as perfect as everybody in the movie seem to think this is. What happened to people in motion (cars, trains, planes) ? To people having surgery ?
    2- Captain went to put back the Stones "where they found them". I'm really curious as to how Captain have created a Tesseract around the Space Stone, how on earth did he put the Spirit Stone back inside the Scepter (and gave it back to Hydra, inadvertantly confirming he is part of it in this timeline ?), and most importantly, how he re-implanted the Aether in Jane Foster ? Did he stab her in her sleep with the syringe ? That's not very Captain-y !
    3- Real concern here, we should have never seen Captain "come back" as an old guy. Kinda fucks up the entire thing, and breaks the "we can't impact the future by acting on the past" imo. I liked the fact they explained it like that, thus the three "pasts" are inside their own timeline/dimension/whatever. But somehow, Captain went back in 1970 and made his life with Peggy, and somehow THIS timeline is cannon while the two other ones (2010 and 2013) are not (and they can't be). How ? Why ?
    4- Talking about Peggy, isn't there an age problem ? She looks the same in 1970 as in 1945, that's weird af.

Also disappointed about what they did to Hulk/Banner. I was expecting some deeper look inside his two personalities. I kinda "hoped" the snap would have snapped Hulk but not Banner, explaining his current situation in Endgame, and the un-snap would bring back a fully angry Hulk to the battlefield. But they decided to explain Professor Hulk by, basically, a murder from Banner, who decided to entirely get rid of Hulk's personality to only keep the muscles. What ?

Although this is always supposed to please people and make a big show out of it, it really has plot holes.

The delivery of the stones is one, just like you wrote.

What happens after he gave the soulstone back (to his arch enemy who is stuck in there i believe)? Shouldn't Scarlett's character be revived then? Also the rules for the soulstone seemed to change. At first in avengers 3 it was to sacrifice what they most loved, and then in avengers 4 it became just a stone for a life?

Also in antman his girlfriend's mother was stuck for years in the microscope world, she aged just like her husband and was it horrible to ing her back. Then suddenly antman was brought easily back by a mouse 5 years later, and he only aged 5 hours in 5 years?

They keep saying thanos was inevitable with the probability of 1 in 14 million chances, but his success is always to due his enemies stupidity.
    - Shouldn't nebula already know that she would transmit information to her father when she stepped back into the past?
    - Shouldn't captain marvel be warned about the time travel thing they were doing, because her powers in the past would allow her to get all the 6 stones easily? (well, besides the soul stone).
    - Many times they lost because of stupid choices, like starlord getting angry in avengers 3, thor missing the head, them waiting to save vision when he was doomed anyway killing millions of others trying to defend him, etc.

the endgame movie was a huge fanservice. It made a tribute especially to the original avengers cast, giving especially relevance to iron man, captain america and black widow. Thor also had relevance, but it was mostly a joke. They had to end iron man and captain america's characters, after all both actors were leaving after that movie.

I mean, the whole show was fun, especially the entire last battle, but the plot did have many holes in it. But in the end, it served its goal, which was becoming a huge box office success.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-04-29 at 11:34 AM.

[spoiler]1- The "un-snap" is nice and all but... It's far from being as perfect as everybody in the movie seem to think this is. What happened to people in motion (cars, trains, planes) ? To people having surgery ?
    See my above reply, but the surgery is an interesting one to think about.

This is actually interesting and I'm sure at some point we'll get some written stuff to fill in the blanks. My guess for the tesseract it was placed back without the shell. The power source is the stone not the shell. So in theory everything that happened as a result of the stone, hydra weapons etc can still happen. I'm sure loki can handle the stone and use its portal ability without the case. Only know hes aware it's an infinity stone not just a portal device.

Spirit stone is tricky, the likely hood is he wasn't able to do that but as a result events with that stone just happened sooner in the time line

The Aether wouldn't need to go back into Jane, it gets taken out of her by the dark elfs and the dark elfs can't use it properly until the planets align. So they may get the stone earlier but it won't change the outcome.

It's entirely possible that upon return to new york he got the sorcerer supreme to do some fancy shizzle with the time stone to restore them to the conditions they were in 5 minutes before; but in that time line. Remember, they were only gone for minutes if that.

I had this question and someone answered it above, CA is from time line 1, they collect everything from time line 2, CA returns to time line 2 and returns everything. CA stays in timeline 2 and has his life with peggy. As a result of the serum he outlives her, he then returns to timeline 1 with the shield to put essentially say his good byes.

This is just Fan service for CAs story to give him a nice send off. The decision would have been that, or some how try to wing Howard and Pymm into 1945 ~ which would have stood out way more than her being in 1970.

there was a lot to pack into 3 hours, so somethings like this didn't make it. It was a rushed insight into the character. But that's not banner in that body, nor is it hulk. It's a merger of the two. Have you watched DBZ when they do fusion? It's essentially a mental version of that. If we recall back to avengers 1, Banner told everyone he tried to eat a bullet and hulk spat it back out. While banner is in charge of his human body that scene proved hulk can take over at will or at the least when banner / hulk is in any sort of danger. Hulk reacted to the threat of banner trying to kill himself because it would kill hulk. It's self preservation, so if we take the idea and re look at banner becoming professor hulk, if the result was the destruction of the hulk, hulk would have reacted to stop it. To further fortify this, think back to infinity war Banner tried to turn into the hulk at will (and avengers assemble banner changed into hulk at will). then also remember, hulk resisted, then changed for a second to tell him no. So the transformation isn't completely by instinct.

And in endgame, we do see some hulk traits coming through. Telling thor to get his hand off, throwing the bench into the horizon etc. Also note how the children call him "hulk" not bruce / banner / professor. Also note banner doesn't correct them because he is hulk and hulk is banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    There are an infinite number of heroes.
    LOL... but Disney care about those "other" ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why would he not check timelines where they deny Thanos the time stone?
    Ask Dr. Strange... he's the one that checked 'em.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    I can completely agree they can write whatever they feel like. But if they directly contradict what they want to write, then it's bad writing, and takes away from the quality of the movie.
    Newsflash... all of the Marvel Universe is made up... fantasy... make believe. If you are worried about this, how come you are screaming that ONLY the female heroes backed up Captain Feminist when Peter asked how she was going to get the gauntlet to the van alone?

For me that was a jarring break from immersion... WAY worse than infinite vs. 14 million.

I am please with the film and happy I can go on the Internet again and not be worried over spoilers lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Naked yes, hard on no. Every up close shot we saw of people getting dusted, they felt odd and knew something was wrong. Think of it this way, get a hard on, light a match and put it out on your wrist. Watch how quick you lose it.
    This is peak MMO-C
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

This is actually interesting and I'm sure at some point we'll get some written stuff to fill in the blanks. My guess for the tesseract it was placed back without the shell. The power source is the stone not the shell. So in theory everything that happened as a result of the stone, hydra weapons etc can still happen. I'm sure loki can handle the stone and use its portal ability without the case. Only know hes aware it's an infinity stone not just a portal device.

Spirit stone is tricky, the likely hood is he wasn't able to do that but as a result events with that stone just happened sooner in the time line

The Aether wouldn't need to go back into Jane, it gets taken out of her by the dark elfs and the dark elfs can't use it properly until the planets align. So they may get the stone earlier but it won't change the outcome.

It's entirely possible that upon return to new york he got the sorcerer supreme to do some fancy shizzle with the time stone to restore them to the conditions they were in 5 minutes before; but in that time line. Remember, they were only gone for minutes if that.
    Yeah, pretty sure the Ancient One could use the Time Stone to "restore" the containers of the Stones (Spirit and Space). Would still be weird but that'd be explained, at least. Of course they couldn't expand the movie further than the 3 hours, but that could have been a perfectly acceptable post-credits scene.

I had this question and someone answered it above, CA is from time line 1, they collect everything from time line 2, CA returns to time line 2 and returns everything. CA stays in timeline 2 and has his life with peggy. As a result of the serum he outlives her, he then returns to timeline 1 with the shield to put essentially say his good byes.
    I've seen that, but I don't really buy this explanation. I mean, if Cap used the device to come back to his "original timeline", he would :
    1- Appear inside the device, not a few meters away
    2- Appear with the Ant-Man-like suit, as you travel time through the quantum realm.

There must be an explanation for this but I can't find one which doesn't bring more questions/holes than the official one. There is no way 1970's timeline become the "normal" one while the 2010 and 2013 ones become "other dimensions/non-cannon/whatever". Those two "alternative timelines" are left in a total unfathomable mess.

there was a lot to pack into 3 hours, so somethings like this didn't make it. It was a rushed insight into the character. But that's not banner in that body, nor is it hulk. It's a merger of the two. Have you watched DBZ when they do fusion? It's essentially a mental version of that. If we recall back to avengers 1, Banner told everyone he tried to eat a bullet and hulk spat it back out. While banner is in charge of his human body that scene proved hulk can take over at will or at the least when banner / hulk is in any sort of danger. Hulk reacted to the threat of banner trying to kill himself because it would kill hulk. It's self preservation, so if we take the idea and re look at banner becoming professor hulk, if the result was the destruction of the hulk, hulk would have reacted to stop it. To further fortify this, think back to infinity war Banner tried to turn into the hulk at will (and avengers assemble banner changed into hulk at will). then also remember, hulk resisted, then changed for a second to tell him no. So the transformation isn't completely by instinct.

And in endgame, we do see some hulk traits coming through. Telling thor to get his hand off, throwing the bench into the horizon etc. Also note how the children call him "hulk" not bruce / banner / professor. Also note banner doesn't correct them because he is hulk and hulk is banner.
    Well, Banner himself explained it in the restaurant: the better of two worlds, Banner's mind within Hulk's body (don't know the exact words, seen it in French). To me, he just murdered/poofed out of existence Hulk's mind. There were nothing in Endgame that could give us a hint about Hulk being still alive somewhere. Professor Hulk was 200% Banner, -100% Hulk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Pratt just posted this awesome video on his IG
    Last edited by Crillam; 2019-04-29 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: 

Timeline questions I have:

1) Is it possible that cap grew old in the OG timeline?
    2) Is it possible that Loki's escape can still fit in the OG timeline?
    3) Is it possible that someone restores the Morag timeline by returning Thanos and his daughters with wiped memories?

I think #3 is the least possible outcome. It would be cool if Dr Strange was able to fix it all, though. I'm excited to see where Loki shows up next, I think he is still in our timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I mean it comes down to what Tony actually wanted with his snap. If he snapped away everyone and everything Thanos brought with him to earth than logically Gamora is gone too since he brought her. If he snapped away everything Thanos brought to earth minus anyone who helped team goodguys, well the she might be alive but that would have been an oddly specific snap.
    He snapped away Thanos' forces. She wasn't part of his army since she had turned against him. Pretty clear GotG 3 is going to involve finding her and bringing her back into the team.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    The issue that some have with this is the comics division tried this a couple of years ago and it failed miserably. Quasada admitted it himself, they went for the "progressive buck" but no one was interested in comics about Latina lesbians from other dimensions or gay Icemen. The comics didn't sell and were promptly cancelled.
    This just isn’t true. Gay iceman has just started a new run and America has just been put on the west coast avengers. Not a single “diverse” hero has been canned.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wish to hide it, and preserve the link, you can use the [collapse] tag.

Spoiler: 
    Some might consider this a spoiler, but Chris Pratt just posted this awesome video on his IG https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw0zRW6l...=112fcpc7ixeog
    :O I learn something new every day

I am so glad they killed off
    Spoiler: 
    The black widow, her character is fucking stupid. She's a badass when it comes to fighting other humans but super strong aliens? come on, at least all the other normies have things that give them to an advantage. I suspend my disbelief to an extent when it comes to aliens, but not when a 120lb person punches something that can throw a car.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the movie but i am confused with a few aspects of it but can't post what they are cause i don't know how to use the spoiler thing plus i don't really that does anything as people are going to click on that anyway to see what a person posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    This is peak MMO-C
    Well you answer one of their questions, you gotta answer them all

Yeah, pretty sure the Ancient One could use the Time Stone to "restore" the containers of the Stones (Spirit and Space). Would still be weird but that'd be explained, at least. Of course they couldn't expand the movie further than the 3 hours, but that could have been a perfectly acceptable post-credits scene.

I've seen that, but I don't really buy this explanation. I mean, if Cap used the device to come back to his "original timeline", he would :
    1- Appear inside the device, not a few meters away
    2- Appear with the Ant-Man-like suit, as you travel time through the quantum realm.

There must be an explanation for this but I can't find one which doesn't bring more questions/holes than the official one. There is no way 1970's timeline become the "normal" one while the 2010 and 2013 ones become "other dimensions/non-cannon/whatever". Those two "alternative timelines" are left in a total unfathomable mess.

Well, Banner himself explained it in the restaurant: the better of two worlds, Banner's mind within Hulk's body (don't know the exact words, seen it in French). To me, he just murdered/poofed out of existence Hulk's mind. There were nothing in Endgame that could give us a hint about Hulk being still alive somewhere. Professor Hulk was 200% Banner, -100% Hulk.
    Aye, I said the same above about him not appearing on the pad. Like I say I imagine we'll get some background explanation for it at some point. Hell you never know it might turn out he kept the stones to get back

But like I stated, unless the hulk willingly decided to "die" there's no way he's just been erased. Like I highlighted in multiple examples he comes and goes as he pleases essentially. He wouldn't let banner; someone he describes as weak and essentially hates kill him and take the body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I liked the movie but i am confused with a few aspects of it but can't post what they are cause i don't know how to use the spoiler thing plus i don't really that does anything as people are going to click on that anyway to see what a person posted.
    Just ask dude,

The thread is called "Avengers endgame 2019" if anyone is stupid enough to come in here after the premier date having not seen the movie, it's their own fault. It's obviously going to be full of spoilers.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the implication of Quill looking for her on the ship is that she wasn't snapped away.
    I'm 90% sure she's been snapped.

We would have lost the "good" nebula if he snapped via "everyone and everything thanos brought". it's to vague.

It's more likely he thought "Get rid of Thanos's army". You have to remember Tony had 0 interaction with gamora, he knows little if anything about her. Even then, he didn't know she turned during the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I am so glad they killed off
    Spoiler: 
    The black widow, her character is fucking stupid. She's a badass when it comes to fighting other humans but super strong aliens? come on, at least all the other normies have things that give them to an advantage. I suspend my disbelief to an extent when it comes to aliens, but not when a 120lb person punches something that can throw a car.
    Even the "badass when it comes to fighting" is debatable. Unless you're a BJJ practitioner, or fighting a half-comatose drunk, a 120lb woman is going to get roflstomped in a fight.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    use the [spoiler] tag at the begining and [/.spoiler] end of your post to hide it (obviously without the DOT, that was just to prevent the comment from being considered a spoiler

I'm a bit baffled by something on the time travel aspect.

Why was it so important that the infinity stones/mjolnir be put back in time, but it's okay that Thanos and his forces were snapped? Does this mean there's now a split timeline where Thanos just vanished one day?