Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    None of those reasons come across as particularly impactful, and this is assuming you are even correct. Point 1 is a bit ridiculous and not true. The main point in WoWs history that is famous for ninja looters was vanilla, where xmog didn't exist sooo... Points 2 and 3 I can see I guess (but it's still a non-issue) and point 3 is just weird. You know how a fight is going to go because of your buddies gear? What?

If you are saying that you could assume how good/bad the player is based on their gear and adjust your gameplay accordingly, then that's just silly af since all you have to do is inspect them to see their gear (which you should be doing ANYWAY to check enchants, etc)
    If you see a warrior and a healer running around in crappy gear, you might initiate them with fewer people than if they had full T2,5 gear. In vanilla we couldn't see the health and mana points of players, but we knew all the tier sets for all the classes so we judged by their gear if we'd engage head on or if we had to avoid them until we outnumbered them.

Transmog would have a huge effect on PvP in vanilla.

There literally is no difference between people in vanilla wearing T3 and people today wearing mythic BOD gear
    I like transmog... but... what you are saying here is just not true. There is almost zero prestige in wearing mythic BOD gear.

All of you mog hater realize that :

-You can see progression just by looking at the HP pool of a player ? (and so choose to engage him or not in world pvp)
    -You can always go farm old raid to loot old tier set and wear it so the prestige doesn't mean anything ?
    -You always have new set to farm and can show off new Mythic raid set for prestige ?
    -You have limited-time transmog actually prestigious wearable for all the lifetime of the game ?(Challenge-mode Gold armor and weapons)

15+ Year Old Account
    Again people mix up nostalgia with reality.
    I actually played through whole classic. From being a noob and inspecting people to raiding in MC, bwl, aq40 and even a wing in naxx (no not the whole thing)
    It was nice because it was my first mmo and when I saw a Paladin in his bananas set (T1) in ironforge I thought it was a banana god and kind of jealous but when I started raiding I looked like a clown most of the time. At the beginning and even in the end when raiding aq40 and swapping between feral tank and resto.
    Even if I would roll on a classic server now (which I wouldn't) I would miss transmog, sorry
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2019-04-29 at 07:36 AM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

How so? Only 13% of all guilds are more than 3/9 Mythic BOD. Only 6% have killed Mythic Mek, 5% Mythic blockade, and a mere 1% of all guilds have killed mythic Jaina.

You aren't going to see many people running around in a full set of mythic BOD gear. Prestige is what you make of it.
    This is not to argue against transmog.

The current mythic BOD gear only looks slightly different from LFR BOD gear. No one will notice a player with full mythic BOD gear. However a person with tier is noticed in vanilla.

I'm not saying this is good or bad. I'm just stating a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    If having a full raid tier set in pre transmog times is not one hell of a drug for you...thats because you lack any comprehension on how this world works.
    Im pretty sure only a Psyduck pokemon would be clueless in this scenario.

Everyone around you looks ugly.
    You look awesome.
    100% effective drug of dopamine.
    You do realize that it's subjective thing?

- - - Updated - - -

So for transmog to work you need people to whisper you...woah, just so you know another person has the same "subjective" taste as you.

Without transmog nothing is "subjective" though. Its a FACT you are the best.
    You can feel it in your veins, you can feel it in your soul...because its a fact on a community level.

I prefer this way But both worlds can exist. Is fine.
    No tmog in classic
    Tmog in retail.
    And don't you see a contradiction in your posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You do realize that it's subjective thing?

- - - Updated - - -

And don't you see a contradiction in your posts?
    I dont understand how i contradicted myself

Transmog = subjective world

No Transmog (complete raid tier set) = fact you are awesome on a community level

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand how i contradicted myself

Transmog = subjective world

No Transmog (complete raid tier set) = fact you are awesome on a community level
    having a full complete raid tier set is not a fact of "awesomeness", it's your subjective opinion on someone being "awesome". You feelings towards someones look is completely subjective to begin with, transmog simply gives players more options to be subjectively "awesome"
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

having a full complete raid tier set is not a fact of "awesomeness", it's your subjective opinion on someone being "awesome". You feelings towards someones look is completely subjective to begin with, transmog simply gives players more options to be subjectively "awesome"
    How is it not a fact of awesomeness?

Lets see:
    1) Everyone around you looks like a clown
    2) You dont
    3) Your gear, even though not BiS is still pretty amazing
    4) Extremely difficult to get all pieces

Its awesome on a community level. And is not subjective. The only thing subjective about it is if the tier set is good looking or not.
    BUT it still is a great acievement considering the fact "everyone around you looks ugly".
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-04-29 at 01:16 PM.

Considering less than 1% of playerbase even have chance to see past MC seeing T2 is awesome (assuming it's as hard as vanilla was). Equivalent to retail's hall of fame title.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it not a fact of awesomeness?

Lets see:
    1) Everyone around you looks like a clown
    2) You dont
    3) Your gear, even though not BiS is still pretty amazing
    4) Extremely difficult to get all pieces

Its awesome on a community level. And is not subjective. The only thing subjective about it is if the tier set is good looking or not.
    BUT it still is a great acievement considering the fact "everyone around you looks ugly".
    Not everyone around you will look like a clown, cosmetic gear was a thing, it's just transmog with extra steps that you can't use in combat.
    Full tier set almost always wasn't worth it if you care about power of your character, again, not awesome.
    BiS gear is awesome, because it's highly contested and means that your character is on its peak of power, but you'll look like a clown.
    All "difficulty" of obtaining full tier set comes from RNG

So, overall best and awesome players will look like clowns.

And no matter how we are going to spin this - it's all subjective, "awesomeness" is subjective by definition. You consider a mage in full pre-buff arcanist regalia awesome, i consider him a deadweight and laugh-worthy for wasting that much into literally a cosmetic set.

By "fighting" against transmog you fight windmills, ultimately you argue in favor of transmog while not realizing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Considering less than 1% of playerbase even have chance to see past MC seeing T2 is awesome (assuming it's as hard as vanilla was). Equivalent to retail's hall of fame title.
    Again, it's subjective, you may consider someone who lucked out on drops and/or rolls and/or others passing on gear. I don't. I consider actual power, effort and skill to be awesome, not cosmetic stuff.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-04-29 at 02:14 PM.

No transmog is one of the best feature of Classic.

I mean they could just add cosmetic rewards that are specific to mythic raiding/high level mythic+ and achieve the same thing. Give cutting edge players exlusive mounts or transmog, give those who finish all +15s on time the same exclusivity. This would solve the feeling of mythic raiding having no point.

Personally I’d really like seasonal cosmetic rewards for the pve scene on live. Pvp has them in the form of a whole transmog set, a mount, a Tabard and a title every new season. Pve should get the same treatment imo considering mythic has no rewards that you can’t go and game solo in the next expac.

Regardless, classic allowing players to actually strive for cool gear that’s hard to get is one of the main things about classic I believe. I don’t hate transmog, I hate the fact the game doesn’t reward players who complete hard content like it used to IE challenge modes in MoP or gear itself in classic/tbc. Now that gear is a stepping stone and no longer the goal, they need to fix the reward systems for a majority of content. Mage tower was successful because it was fun and offered exclusive rewards (and soloable), add more of that too.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-29 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Wouldn't say ruined but it changed the dynamic significantly. Being able to tell a guy's progression and strength just by looking at his gear is a big thing.
    Because "right-click-inspect" is so hard.
    It's like you're an idiot.

Contrary to popular belief, the newest tier of armour doesn't neccessarily look the best. So instead of you being forced to look like an idiot in the cutting edge equipment, with transmog you get to look howerver you decide. You might prefer a clow look, or maybe something more pleasing to the eyes.

I do agree, transmog is certainly not vanilla. But it surely is on aspect vanilla could use.

How about this:

Transmog settings:
    OFF - You see everyone in their actual gear
    Self - You see your own transmog, but everyone else’s actual gear
    ON - You see everyone’s transmog

Simple, minimal system overhead (only have to toggle drawing either the actual or mogged appearance)
    You control what you see, not what others see
    PvPers can judge by look if they want to
    People who care about looks can make and see pretty transmogs

Yeah, #nochanges, slippery slope, whatever.
    Last edited by mrocktor; 2019-04-29 at 03:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So glad for no transmog come Classic. What a carebear feature that is in retail.

Subjective opinion btw.

"Dammit, other people having fun ruins my gameplay."

/Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Because "right-click-inspect" is so hard.
    It's like you're an idiot.
    LoL, there are about 20 players on my ingame screen right now.
    You are telling me to /inspect everysingle one of them?
    While in classic i can tell in 1min all the gear from those 20 people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, the newest tier of armour doesn't neccessarily look the best. So instead of you being forced to look like an idiot in the cutting edge equipment, with transmog you get to look howerver you decide. You might prefer a clow look, or maybe something more pleasing to the eyes.

I do agree, transmog is certainly not vanilla. But it surely is on aspect vanilla could use.
    I agree transmog has a place in current WoW. A solid place.
    Is too good to go back on.
    But i enjoy the "flavour" of not having tmog.

Transmog in Classic is basically a way of recycling old content to server as a thing for players to do. Which is pretty fun, mind you.

I don't see transmog working in Classic though, unless gear starts to get deprecated if they create new content. Here's hoping they do something new sort of like ESO handles expansions and old gear never being completely irrelevant.