Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It was so annoying not being able to rez as a druid! It always reminded you that you are not meant to be as good as the „real“ healer...

Apart from that, it‘s really hard to think of things i‘m remembering wrong without playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Were there target dummies in Vanilla? I honestly cannot remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by funf View Post
    There were no target dummies in Vanilla. I guess they were added in Cataclysm.
    Yes there were 'target' dummies.
    Blasted lands had mobs that would never die around the creater. On top of that you didnt really need target dummies.
    All DPS math usually could have been done on piece of paper.

I didn't do a whole lot of wotlk PvPing, which is when apparently the spell in question was introduced. I have fond memories of judgement of justice owning druid flag carriers in WSG and I've been told and shown it didn't exist in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    I seem to remember hunter's being able to wield [Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers] and [Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers]. Was this after our patch or even another expansion?
    I do remember being able to equip both at the same time
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

It would be abit paradoxal if I knew which exact memories were the result of a Mandela effect, because then it wouldn't be the Mandela effect. But I definitely should have some from BRD and Sunken Temple - those dungeons have changed so incredibly many times over the years it's impossible for me to remember which detail belongs to which patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PavelGolub View Post
    Oh daiiimm it was repentance as the last talent lol i forgot that ... god so they really didnt have anyyyy skills did they just judgement juggle.
    Woooow you just blew my mind and i am not sure if Paladin is my charecter for vanila hahahhaha
    Paladin Leveling:

Judge Crusader, Seal of Command, AFK 10 minutes. Repeat until mob is dead
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I don't really think it counts, but I totally forgot about having to fly from one point to the next instead of picking a flight point 5 exchanges away and letting it go automatically, and I completely forgot that druids couldn't talk to NPCs in shapeshift form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by funf View Post
    There were no target dummies in Vanilla. I guess they were added in Cataclysm..
    They were added in the Wrath prepatch(patch 3.0.2).
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mine is learning different pet skills by taming specific pets so I could teach them to other pets.
    Specifically King Bangalash with his Cobra Reflexes and the Worg from LBRS with Bite 4.

I guess they were only usable by that specific pet and not trainable on others till later...I suppose I was remembering TBC? Cobra Reflexes was thought to be a bug and not meant to be left on pet after train but it remained.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

I remember all of it clearly, thats why im not going to play it again xd broken and unbalanced

Talents giving more wand dmg, priests inner fire giving attack power, etc

Ppl saying lvling was fun in vanilla must be on drugs, it took me 1,5 month to get to 60 for the first time ( dinged in EPL killing mobs without q ). You made some friends for sure ( social aspect of the game was better than now ) but you rly wanted to ding 60 and forget about it.
    Last edited by Xemioza; 2019-04-23 at 05:30 AM.

Won't know until I play again but I'm betting it's mostly damage immunity stuff. Were dragons (at least black and red) immune to fire damage? I feel like they were but I also remember a mostly fire mage in our guild raiding BWL with us and I also remember him farming for a tiny crimson whelpling (though I guess he could have just used non-fire spells for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    It would be abit paradoxal if I knew which exact memories were the result of a Mandela effect, because then it wouldn't be the Mandela effect. But I definitely should have some from BRD and Sunken Temple - those dungeons have changed so incredibly many times over the years it's impossible for me to remember which detail belongs to which patch.
    Well, the name comes from somebody "remembering" Mandela to be dead when he was alive. So it's quite possible to know, just look for memories that cannot be true, like playing an Alliance Shaman in vanilla, or somebody "knowing" there is no evidence for evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, the name comes from somebody "remembering" Mandela to be dead when he was alive. So it's quite possible to know, just look for memories that cannot be true, like playing an Alliance Shaman in vanilla, or somebody "knowing" there is no evidence for evolution.
    But you either believe it's true, or you know it isn't. It's really only when you believe you remember something, and someone tells you it didn't actually happen, that you have the Mandela effect. If you "remember" playing an alliance shaman, but you by now know there were no alliance shamans, it's not the Mandela effect :/ hence why it would be paradoxal to know you misremember.
    We were created by the biblical God.
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I didn't do a whole lot of wotlk PvPing, which is when apparently the spell in question was introduced. I have fond memories of judgement of justice owning druid flag carriers in WSG and I've been told and shown it didn't exist in vanilla.
    the judgment was introduced as a separate item in wotlk but didn't it replace seal of justice?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    But you either believe it's true, or you know it isn't. It's really only when you believe you remember something, and someone tells you it didn't actually happen, that you have the Mandela effect. If you "remember" playing an alliance shaman, but you by now know there were no alliance shamans, it's not the Mandela effect :/ hence why it would be paradoxal to know you misremember.
    You're using the wrong criterium. It's about remembering things that didn't happen, not believing those memories to be correct. Whether you know it is true or not is irrelevant.

If you remember playing an alliance shaman in vanilla despite knowing that can't possibly have happened, you're still affected.

It should be noted that the correct term for a single person having false memories is Confabulation. Mandela effect is when groups of people misremember something, i.e. collective confabulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Judging Justice in Vanilla kept mobs from being able to run away, handy in 5 mans sometimes. The seal proc was a stun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    can't remember did shaman sets drop for alliance in raids ? I think they didn't but some ppl claim they did, others swear they didn't until TBC patch 2.0 before the storm
    t

Yeah shaman items drops on alliance side and pala on horde side. That was pain :P Cant remember when they fix that.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-04-29 at 12:49 PM.

They dropped in TBC prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Hunters were able to use both at the same time.
    Not prior to 1.8, at that point it was 1 item that transformed, much like Anathema/Benediction

10+ Year Old Account
    My Mandela effect is remembering Warriors being able to Thunderclap in defensive stance--they couldn't in Classic, but it's been a feature for so long that my brain keeps telling me it's a thing in Classic, too.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!