Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    No I didn't. As I pointed out above. Walkers aren't fast. They're slower than wights. The danger they pose comes from the fact they're immune to everything but dragonglass and Valyrian steel. -snip- Same with the walkers. They don't run up, they don't fight fancy. They literally just overpower people. Watch the fight between Jon and the Walker in Hardhome. The walker fights like a Night's Watch trainer, slow and telegraphed, and you can clearly see he didn't expect to encounter someone capable of fighting back when Jon successfully blocks his attack. A normal steel sword would have shattered and Jon would have been cut in half.
    no shit, i wasn't arguing that i was pointing out how you were focusing on the mindless undead that he ordered back instead of addressing the faulty WW argument, resorting to moving the goal-posts instead of the scene of the WW's reaction to her moving past(which itself opens up to how did she get past shoulder-to-shoulder WW and wights after they resumed formation after the NK passed the formation).

however i was arguing the point that he DIDN'T let down his guard, which is why arya's first attempt, which would of failed to kill him either way, was foiled by the interception which led to her resorting to stabbing him in the chest.
    and we know this was a plan-b since arya's left-handed, her resorting to her right hand for the fatal stab was impromptu.

but like everything you don't like you ignored that point, instead choosing to shit out a block of half-meaningless text to belabor your point to the point of appearing valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    also he apparently didn't let it down because the night king intercepted her first attack, the heart-stab was accidental but that can be explained by bran knowing all possible permutation of events and orchestrating things to play out as they have.
    A thing I found kind of funny in this episode is how much of a showman Night King chose to be. I mean, he's supposed to be an emotionless zombie (I think), and he is constantly playing around with the protagonists.

1) He knew that Jon is coming for him, and waited for the last possible moment to stare him down and trap him im the Circle of Zombies (which I still don't get how Jon escaped)
    2) He made a grand entrance for his Bran meeting, with the nice touch of mockingly killing a charging Theon
    3) Him raising his hand for the sword to kill Bran was probably the slowest movement possible given the physics of the universe
    4) Instead of just 1-shoting Arya like he did with with Theon, he went for a cool chokelift with Arya (probably inspired by the Undertaker)

One of those had to get him killed, and one did.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Additionally, in Episode 1 of Season 8, she even catches Jon by surprise at the exact area she kills the Night King in Episode 3.
    If she caught the NK by surprise in that area when he was alone in a calm moment, no one would be complaining. There are vastly different situations despite being in the same area.

Even regardless that, why not just SHOW her preparing to do it? Maybe getting help from others to distract the walkers and wights to have an opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

And in this episode it has been established that she can't sneak around the undead too effectively because they're so sensitive to sound they react even to a drop of her blood falling onto the ground.
    And, also in that episode, all the Undead in the Wood went docile as soon as the NK showed up.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Steven King and GRRM have similar writing methods.
    Stephen King literally dopes his brains out with a cocktail of drugs and starts writing wicked shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Her blood dripping was something that was out of her control. I feel that when Arya sets her mind to it, she can erase her presence and slip by easily. If this was not the case, the wights would have heard her steps when she was moving about the room. Watch the scene again. She is completely silent until her blood starts dripping on the floor.

Additionally, in Episode 1 of Season 8, she even catches Jon by surprise at the exact area she kills the Night King in Episode 3.
    OOO good fucking catch!!

"How did you sneak up on me?!"
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's nice they foreshadowed Arya killing the Night King in an earlier episode when Jon asked her how she snuck up on her while he was standing in that very same spot.
    Except Jon wasn't surrounding by an army of undead and she didn't have to run or ninja jump....

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    If she caught the NK by surprise in that area when he was alone in a calm moment, no one would be complaining. There are vastly different situations despite being in the same area.

Even regardless that, why not just SHOW her preparing to do it? Maybe getting help from others to distract the walkers and wights to have an opening?
    It was a calm moment. The Undead were in Sleep Mode while The NK made his way up to Bran.

And, obviously they didn't show her preparing to do it because that would have ruined the moment of her actually doing it.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-04-29 at 06:11 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

See above...

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post

Know what would have been better ? Theon catching a glimpse of her before rushing in and the moment NK stabs him...Arya jumps in for the kill.

Chelly
    Enjoy some 4 months old spoilers that nailed everything so far. Spoils the upcoming events.

https://old.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...oilers_i_know/

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    no shit, i wasn't arguing that i was pointing out how you were focusing on the mindless undead that he ordered back instead of addressing the faulty WW argument, resorting to moving the goal-posts instead of the scene of the WW's reaction to her moving past(which itself opens up to how did she get past shoulder-to-shoulder WW and wights after they resumed formation after the NK passed the formation).

however i was arguing the point that he DIDN'T let down his guard, which is why arya's first attempt, which would of failed to kill him either way, was foiled by the interception which led to her resorting to stabbing him in the chest.
    and we know this was a plan-b since arya's left-handed, her resorting to her right hand for the fatal stab was impromptu.

but like everything you don't like you ignored that point.
    No I'm not. You're assuming I was and are desperate to be right. The Walker noticed her. Walkers are SLOW. The NK likely intercepted her due to the implied psychic connection between the Army of the Dead. (As implied by them showing up at the lake in "Beyond the Wall"). The wights were the only forces he had in the Godswood that could move fast enough to catch Arya if she was at a full sprint, and they were ordered to stop attacking, as, I assume, were the walkers, because the NK has been trying to kill the 3ER for like 10000 fucking years and if you think he's gonna let some scrub deny him the satisfaction you haven't been paying attention.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

With how unexpected this amazing episode went i am now hoping the "littlefinger is alive , it was a faceless man that died in his place" conspiracy to be real and for him to rule the throne. Anything seems possible and i love it.

Also at the people that keep saying to put the whole human army behind the castle walls : They didn't know how big the undead army was but they did know they had a dragon. Way to put everyone in one place for the undead dragon to burn . Literally a bucket under a flamethrower.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA

Eight seasons

Eight seasons of they are coming

And this is the end result

My fucking sides I thought we'd not dip down to Dorne levels of terrible but here we are. My fucking sides. Jesus fucking Christ. Holy Lord and Mother Mary.

SWOOOOSH ARYA SHAKAKAAAA

Oh my fucking god. I can't figure out almoust single bit that wasn't fucking cringe in this episode. Fucking 8 seasons for this.
    haha sums it up. This huge buildup, one large fight that proves how strong the NK is, only for Arya to do what she was trained to do. Send an assassin and kill him. Easy enough.

The whole cercei arch got boring a long time ago, the story with the undead and the NK is what drove this show.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

Now we are back to humans and drama. I guess its no surprise with the name of the show, it all gotta end with who sits on the throne I suppose.
    That's just the name of the first book though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Enjoy some 4 months old spoilers that nailed everything so far. Spoils the upcoming events.

https://old.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...oilers_i_know/
    I love the bit about Arya jumping down from a tree. If that is indeed what happened, that puts to rest quite a lot of the whining here.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I love the bit about Arya jumping down from a tree. If that is indeed what happened, that puts to rest quite a lot of the whining here.
    Eh, they could have shown that.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    A thing I found kind of funny in this episode is how much of a showman Night King chose to be. I mean, he's supposed to be an emotionless zombie (I think), and he is constantly playing around with the protagonists.

1) He knew that Jon is coming for him, and waited for the last possible moment to stare him down and trap him im the Circle of Zombies (which I still don't get how Jon escaped)
    2) He made a grand entrance for his Bran meeting, with the nice touch of mockingly killing a charging Theon
    3) Him raising his hand for the sword to kill Bran was probably the slowest movement possible given the physics of the universe
    4) Instead of just 1-shoting Arya like he did with with Theon, he went for a cool chokelift with Arya (probably inspired by the Undertaker)

One of those had to get him killed, and one did.
    yeah, it's called the idiot-ball and sometimes the villain has to hold it to take a L.

"Hurr how do white walker not catch Arya at full sprint"

So fast, so agile.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    haha sums it up. This huge buildup, one large fight that proves how strong the NK is, only for Arya to do what she was trained to do. Send an assassin and kill him. Easy enough.

The whole cercei arch got boring a long time ago, the story with the undead and the NK is what drove this show.
    Yeah it's not like he's been around for thousands of years and everyone's been shit scared of him, and if it's so easy then why didn't they just send an assassin years ago to get him? Defo 10/10 writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Whining =/= wanting the show to be not full of lazy writing that idiots like.