10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i really kind of wonder if that's what was intended, just wasnt communicated very well.
    It is actually a good point, but you'd think some characters would ask what the fuck are they doing.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Going back to After the Episode, they killed the Dothraki to build tension...lol.....
    these show runners are so bad. it only builds tension if it makes sense. i wasnt tense, i was too busy thinking about how fucking stupid it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    It will easily top this one, cuz this one we didn't even see properly..
    LoL fair point!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    It will easily top this one, cuz this one we didn't even see properly..
    the next battle will take place in a desert and it will be so bright that itll be super saturated and equally unseeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yeah well sometimes stealth and skill beats brute force. In fact, many a king has fallen to a well-placed blade when entire armies couldn't fell them.

- - - Updated - - -

I just can't believe so many people don't think that performance was as rad as I did.
    It wasn’t. You don’t go from struggling to make it through a library to killing one of the most powerful beings in Westeros in a matter of minutes. Had the NK been distracted my Jon or a Dragon it might of been a completely different story. Her opportunistic strike realistic. But as it was shown it really sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    From a sort of in lore perspective, the Dothraki have never fought defensively. Their strength come from charging in and taking the fight to the enemy. Asking them to absorb a charge or engage in hit and run tactics might have resulted in a equally failed outcome minus the awesome TV drama quality of watching the flaming swords just snuff out in seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It wasn’t. You don’t go from struggling to make it through a library to killing one of the most powerful beings in Westeros in a matter of minutes. Had the NK been distracted my Jon or a Dragon it might of been a completely different story. Her opportunistic strike realistic. But as it was shown it really sucked
    Is this a serious comment or just an attempt to find fault no matter what?

these show runners are so bad. it only builds tension if it makes sense. i wasnt tense, i was too busy thinking about how fucking stupid it was.
    Same. The rest of the battle I swallowed because rule of cool, but the Dothraki charge and the trebuchets being in front of everyone was just completely retarded and took me out of what was otherwise a very cinematic moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    From a sort of in lore perspective, the Dothraki have never fought defensively. Their strength come from charging in and taking the fight to the enemy. Asking them to absorb a charge or engage in hit and run tactics might have resulted in a equally failed outcome minus the awesome TV drama quality of watching the flaming swords just snuff out in seconds.
    they still had a leader who would have known it was a bad idea to give the NK an entire army of undead just because dothraki happen to be good at charging. they should have been hiding on the far side of the castle, and flanked after the undead army pushed into the defenses. it could have been just as cool, and not fucking stupid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was realistic - he and all of the whitewalkers thought he had won; everything had worked out how he planned, and he was about to exact his revenge on the last greenseer. It was *the* moment of weakness to strike him in. The way he grabbed her after she took him by surprise also didn't leave him much room to counter, when all she has to do is stab him literally anywhere with the Valerian steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Factually incorrect. You're just upset that I think battle scenes are for people who are too easily amused by BOOM BANG POW! DRIGINS! FLYING! WOW! EXPLOWWWSHIONS!!! WEEE!!!

It IS for children.

There are countless articles lambasting against Marvel's long battle scenes, along with countless other movies. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

It is low IQ. "Wow a nipple!"

"WOW EXPLOSIONS! HE HELD THE GATE! OH MY GOD!"
    Uh. Have you watched a movie called Logan? How about Kill Bill? Sin City? Rambo?

Action isn't just for kids. I think too much action does bog down a film's message, but if used right, it only improves it.

Everything is predictable for the next episodes, episode 4: they will try to recover whats left from the army, and some more talking, episode 5: they march to Kings landing and even more talking and episode 6: Guess what, some war will start and then, Brown eyes(dead, the king from the two towers), blue eyes(dead NK) and the last GREEN eyes Cercei , Arya will kill her. I dont know how will end politically.

they still had a leader who would have known it was a bad idea to give the NK an entire army of undead just because dothraki happen to be good at charging. they should have been hiding on the far side of the castle, and flanked after the undead army pushed into the defenses. it could have been just as cool, and not fucking stupid.
    When the Night King fell there were still wrights trying to cross the flaming trench, there was nowhere to flank the undead were like a thousand deep. They may have been still coming out of the forest line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Same. The rest of the battle I swallowed because rule of cool, but the Dothraki charge and the trebuchets being in front of everyone was just completely retarded and took me out of what was otherwise a very cinematic moment.
    Lol I almost forgot about the trebuchet line being infront of everything.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I just still really want to know how, with all the characters there like Tyrion and Sam and Varys who are defined by their intelligence and wisdom, not ONE of them went "You know, maybe hiding in the crypts surrounded by dead skeletons against an army of the dead who can raise skeletons is a bad idea."

But I suppose they needed a way to kill off some of the people who weren't going to be fighting.

I thought it was completely believable. Now if Gilly had charged out with little Sam in one hand and a dagger in the other and stabbed him in the chest, then I would agree. But this is Arya.

Maybe they could have done that, and after the Night King kills Gilly, little Sam turns into one of the Red Woman's shadow people in the shape of the High Sparrow who utters the ominous phrase, "Every one of us is poor and powerless. And yet together... we can overthrow an empire," before summoning the seven gods to slay the Night King.

Maybe not.

Not going to get an argument here. Its the same as the "The crypts are safe" from last week. Like if its so heavily foreshadowed that everyone knows what will happen, your writing is shit. There was no twist when it happened because they laid it on so thick.

I expect much disappointment this season.

- - - Updated - - -

the next battle will take place in a desert and it will be so bright that itll be super saturated and equally unseeable.
    With a big fucking sandstorm!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

When the Night King fell there were still wrights trying to cross the flaming trench, there was nowhere to flank the undead were like a thousand deep. They may have been still coming out of the forest line.
    thats fine. it still could have failed as a flank. it would have been great to see them initially do well, cutting through the undead lines at around the lines of defense, only to quickly realize that no matter how many they kill, they are more and more and more, and eventually being overwhelmed. same result, but would have not made me facepalm, and possibly even better at bulidng tension and a sease of dread, that the mighty dothraki flanking force wasnt enough to bring down the massive undead horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timshuku View Post
    Everything is predictable for the next episodes, episode 4: they will try to recover whats left from the army, and some more talking, episode 5: they march to Kings landing and even more talking and episode 6: Guess what, some war will start and then, Brown eyes(dead, the king from the two towers), blue eyes(dead NK) and the last GREEN eyes Cercei , Arya will kill her. I dont know how will end politically.
    Episode 5 will be the next battle. So not that predictable for you.

I thought it was completely believable. Now if Gilly had charged out with little Sam in one hand and a dagger in the other and stabbed him in the chest, then I would agree. But this is Arya.
    I know, its like they did not spend YEARS, building up Arya as this stealth ice cold murder machine. People trying to make the argument that this INCREDIBLY well training assassin, IN HER OWN HOME, does not know all the nooks and crannys and could not sneak up on the Night King, and then use a move she literately showed the audience she was capable of doing last season are just looking for reasons to complain.

I know, its like they did not spend YEARS, building up Arya as this stealth ice cold murder machine. People trying to make the argument that this INCREDIBLY well training assassin, IN HER OWN HOME, does not know all the nooks and crannys and could not sneak up on the Night King, and then use a move she literately showed the audience she was capable of doing last season are just looking for reasons to complain.
    I personally think it stems from some belief that these white walkers are just quasi-omniscient, and that there's no way a trained assassin could breeze past them, which she literally did if you watch the scene. The wind blows by a white walker and he looks sideways, and then in comes Arya. I don't see anything unbelievable about it.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-04-29 at 11:09 PM.