Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't seriously link Project fucking Veritas and expect me to take you seriously.

They literally make up horseshit propaganda and manipulate evidence to misrepresent the truth; that is their intent and purpose.

You are citing a propagandist to support your claims of conspiracy. Hell, you use terms like "neoliberal overlords" as if that doesn't make you a caricature of a human being.

You are running around thinking there is no heavy leftist political bias in msm and social media.
    The caricature is you and your part time drama teacher prime minister.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    You are running around thinking there is no heavy leftist political bias in msm and social media.
    Yes, because we aren't stupid and don't espouse positions solely because we are either projecting or are told to by the news media we consume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes, because we aren't stupid and don't espouse positions solely because we are either projecting or are told to by the news media we consume.
    Kavanaugh rape hoax, Russian Collusion conspiracy theory, Smollet hoax, Trump caging illegal immigrant children (when it was in fact Obama) and so on...
    Plenty of bullshit unreflectively parroted by the left. You guys only started to hate trump, once he decided to run against a democrat and your media told you to.

Spare me and don't make me cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kavanaugh rape hoax, Russian Collusion conspiracy theory, Smollet hoax, Trump caging illegal immigrant children (when it was in fact Obama) and so on...
    Plenty of bullshit unreflectively parroted by the left. You guys only started to hate trump, once he decided to run against a democrat and your media told you to.

Spare me and don't make me cringe.
    I've been hating Trump long before 2016, bub. Why on earth do you think anyone on the left would be indifferent to what is essentially a weaponised vial of 1980s capitalist machismo?

Also; no. None of the aforementioned things demonstrate "left wing bias", half of them aren't even hoaxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, I keep asking for evidence, and all any of you ever provide is a demonstration of your own radicalization and how right-shifted the American Overton Window is.
    The caricature is you and your part time drama teacher prime minister.
    There you go using labels that make you look ridiculous, again.

Justin Trudeau is a "part time drama teacher" the same way that Trump is a "reality TV show host" or George W. Bush is a "baseball team owner".

Hell, literally none of those are accurate. The accusations against Kavanaugh were never shown to be a "hoax", the Mueller investigation found plenty of evidence of collusion (not to mention indictments and guilty pleas), Smollet is a non-factor that had no effect on anything and was in no way a left-wing "thing", and no, Obama was not responsible for Trump's ICE caging children, no matter how much you lie about that.
    You're projecting. Trump's been a walking joke for decades.

What part of it was fake? Please enlighten me.

If I wanted to post fake news and crazy flat-earth-esque conspiracy shit, I'd post "muh russian collusion" videos, lol.
    All of it? Project Veritas is nothing but fake news and uses clever editing to get gullible people like you to believe them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, I keep asking for evidence, and all any of you ever provide is a demonstration of your own radicalization and how right-shifted the American Overton Window is.

the blocking of diamond and silk's facebook page, two 40+ female black trump supporters, for being "unsafe to the community" for instance.

Or
    https://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-...ser-1775461006

Hell, literally none of those are accurate. The accusations against Kavanaugh were never shown to be a "hoax"
    You've got to be kidding me. It was obviously a political smear campaign. Even the biggest moron can see this. The story was dropped faster than a burnt pancake by msm instead of pressing further in this "grave injustice".

the Mueller investigation found plenty of evidence of collusion (not to mention indictments and guilty pleas).
    Nice try but NO ONE was charged with "Trump campaign worked with the Russians to influence the election"

Smollet is a non-factor that had no effect on anything and was in no way a left-wing "thing".
    Yeah, he just happens to have ties to Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, many other democrats and Hollywood elites who are left wing

and no, Obama was not responsible for Trump's ICE caging children, no matter how much you lie about that.
    https://apnews.com/a98f26f7c9424b44b7fa927ea1acd4d4 I was referencing this, but you knew that and kept bullshitting.
    You're projecting. Trump's been a walking joke for decades.
    I guess you're the expert on jokes for decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    the blocking of diamond and silk's facebook page, two 40+ female black trump supporters, for being "unsafe to the community" for instance.
    I'm sure you've got official statements from Facebook to confirm they were targeted unfairly for being conservative, yes? You wouldn't just be making up horseshit without any evidence at all, would you?

And? Companies are entitled to political expression and free speech, and that includes managing what stories they choose to encourage. This is not a reasonable complaint.

You've got to be kidding me. It was obviously a political smear campaign. Even the biggest moron can see this. The story was dropped faster than a burnt pancake by msm instead of pressing further in this "grave injustice".
    You're using appeals to emotion and angry wording because you have zero factual basis to fall back on to actually prove this claim.

Nice try but NO ONE was charged with "Trump campaign worked with the Russians to influence the election"
    Just a lot of actual crimes that all add up to exactly that conclusion. It may have only been some members of the campaign that did so, on their own initiative, but that they did so is public record and some have already confessed to guilt.

Yeah, he just happens to have ties to Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, many other democrats and Hollywood elites who are left wing
    "Ties" is such a useless word. You're talking about stuff like "two public figures may have met one time".

This is literally how conspiracy theories work. You make allusions about "ties" that imply, to your twisted perception, some grand conspiracy. It's all in your head. This isn't facts, this is nonsense you're making up.

https://apnews.com/a98f26f7c9424b44b7fa927ea1acd4d4 I was referencing this, but you knew that and kept bullshitting.
    That's about one photo. Not about the respective programs and their intent;

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/polit...ies/index.html
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/mo...paration-spin/
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...rated-children
    https://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/71144...aration-policy

Obama had no child separation policy in place. Trump created that. He has lied about this, and tried to claim Obama came up with it, but that's bullshit, it's just bullshit you apparently like the taste of.

Hmmm I wonder why the guy who wants to pander to poor people and minorities wants people in prison to be able to vote....

must just be his good nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you've got official statements from Facebook to confirm they were targeted unfairly for being conservative, yes? You wouldn't just be making up horseshit without any evidence at all, would you?
    Yes, because malpractice doesnt exist unless the perpetrators give a full blown testimony to the world. You are so full of shit.

And? Companies are entitled to political expression and free speech, and that includes managing what stories they choose to encourage. This is not a reasonable complaint.
    Companies are not entitled to lie about being apolitical and giving a voice to all sides, but doing everything but..

You're using appeals to emotion and angry wording because you have zero factual basis to fall back on to actually prove this claim.
    6 FBI backrgound checks are zero factual basis?

Just a lot of actual crimes that all add up to exactly that conclusion. It may have only been some members of the campaign that did so, on their own initiative, but that they did so is public record and some have already confessed to guilt.
    Most were charged for lying to investigators or some finance violations. Do not confuse the fantasy in your head with reality.

Times:
    "Mueller’s report, which he submitted to Attorney General William Barr on Friday, did not conclude that Trump or anyone involved in his campaign colluded with Russia, according to a summary Barr delivered to Congress on Sunday. (Mueller’s report left open the question of whether Trump obstructed justice in the course of the investigation, according to Barr’s summary.)"

"Ties" is such a useless word. You're talking about stuff like "two public figures may have met one time".

This is literally how conspiracy theories work. You make allusions about "ties" that imply, to your twisted perception, some grand conspiracy. It's all in your head. This isn't facts, this is nonsense you're making up.
    You dislike the word "ties" ? I figured your ilk loved it as in "DRUMPF has TIES TO PUTEN!!" which was proclaimed by msm so often .
    I agree that we should refrain from using the word, as it could lead to some twisted conspiratorial perception as seen with the russian-collusion conspiracty theory.

That's about one photo. Not about the respective programs and their intent;

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/polit...ies/index.html
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/mo...paration-spin/
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...rated-children
    https://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/71144...aration-policy

Obama had no child separation policy in place. Trump created that. He has lied about this, and tried to claim Obama came up with it, but that's bullshit, it's just bullshit you apparently like the taste of.
    You shouldn't project your progressive fetishes on others.
    Also I was referencing the fake news blaming trump on the caged children picture.

Anyway, seperating illegal immigrant children from "parents" makes sense since smugglers and child traffickers often pretend to be their parents:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrant-c...der-agent-says

MCALLEN, Texas – Border patrol agents say they are alarmed by the growing number of migrants illegally crossing the border with children – who are not their own – to avoid long-term federal custody.

Deputy Chief Patrol Agent Raul Ortiz said he’s seeing a growing number of migrant children crossing the border with people pretending to be their parents.

A decades-old settlement, known as the “Flores agreement,” limits the amount of time U.S. officials can detain immigrant children – thus doing the same for their parents, which Ortiz said motivates many of the false relationships.

The problem became so prevalent that the agency began carefully tracking fraudulent family cases in the Rio Grande Valley, after agents noticed a heightened use of fake documents. In fiscal year 2018, Ortiz reported 600 instances.

Recently, border patrol agents rescued a 4-month-old Honduran child from a man falsely identifying himself as her father. In an interview with officials, he admitted purchasing the fraudulent document. Agents later discovered it wasn’t the illegal immigrant’s first time using a child to avoid long-term federal custody. In 2013, records revealed he smuggled an 8-year-old child across the border, claiming he was the father. They were released from federal custody because they received a family unit designation.

Ortiz called cases like this heart-breaking, putting young and vulnerable children at risk.

“We really are concerned, especially for those tender-age children because quite often they can’t communicate that they’re not with a family member,” he said.

He said during long and dangerous treks toward the U.S. border, which can span several weeks, agents worry about the kind of abuses these children may face.

At no point should a child be placed in any harm or danger, and that’s exactly what’s happening,” Ortiz added. “They’re being used as a commodity to circumvent a loophole.”

On Thursday, officials revealed that in seven of 102 cases involving children under 5 separated from their guardians, the adult was determined not to actually be the parent.

But the exact circumstances surrounding each case are unclear.

The Trump administration announced Thursday the reunification of all eligible children under 5 after missing the initial court-ordered deadline earlier in the week.

This comes after a federal judge sided with the American Civil Liberties Union on Tuesday to speed up the reunification process by, among other things, skipping DNA tests for many children.

Some of the border patrol agents with the Rio Grande Valley sector expressed some concern over the ruling, saying it could present a risk to security if limitations on DNA tests expand.

But immigration advocates argue that these children call for special circumstances.

“The court could not have been clearer that business as usual is not acceptable,” Lee Gelernt of the ACLU said in a statement. “The Trump administration must get these children and parents reunited.”
    Last edited by Donatello Trumpi; 2019-04-30 at 04:37 PM.

Even though personally I do not think that those who serve a sentence should be able to vote, I am perfectly fine if Bernie thinks that they should. A prison sentence supposed to be a punishment in a form of isolation from society. Therefore, if you are jailed, your voting rights should be revoked until you pay your dues. Obviously Bernie thinks that those who are imprisoned should still be counted as a part of society, and there is common sense in that as well.
    Ideally, I would think that voting should be reserved only for those prisoners who still engage in some sort of interaction with the outside world. As a form of a reward or an incentive to change one's status for the better. For example, I see no reason why prisoners who serve as firefighters should not vote. Or those who work to produce certain goods for people of a state (number plates come to mind).
    Obviously, a debate about who should be imprisoned in the first place requires a separate topic. But As a general rule, I think that might work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Most of your opposition to changing voting rights seems to be that the US needs to look like other western countries or that the US would start to have similarities to countries it denounces. Is this accurate?
    Overall it is bound to be other western countries, on specifics it might differ. However there is a clear pattern of shaping the system into something it was not meant to be nor should be.
    If one look at the complete picture its scary what the trend is and has been for quite a while.

You can't seriously link Project fucking Veritas and expect me to take you seriously.

They literally make up horseshit propaganda and manipulate evidence to misrepresent the truth; that is their intent and purpose.

You are citing a propagandist to support your claims of conspiracy. Hell, you use terms like "neoliberal overlords" as if that doesn't make you a caricature of a human being.
    Project Veritas don't write propaganda hit-pieces, they catch people on video. I can see why you are butthurt that they expose the far-left, but to call it propaganda is ignorant.

They do rather important work given the overwhelming complicity of the mainstream media with one political party. It's important for journalism to be done outside of this echo-chamber, as unpleasant as it is for SJWs like you.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Project Veritas don't write propaganda hit-pieces, they catch people on video. I can see why you are butthurt that they expose the far-left, but to call it propaganda is ignorant.

They do rather important work given the overwhelming complicity of the mainstream media with one political party. It's important for journalism to be done outside of this echo-chamber, as unpleasant as it is for SJWs like you.
    They got convicted for doing that. They are quite literally fake news.

Yes, because malpractice doesnt exist unless the perpetrators give a full blown testimony to the world. You are so full of shit.

Companies are not entitled to lie about being apolitical and giving a voice to all sides, but doing everything but..

6 FBI backrgound checks are zero factual basis?

Most were charged for lying to investigators or some finance violations. Do not confuse the fantasy in your head with reality.

Times:
    "Mueller’s report, which he submitted to Attorney General William Barr on Friday, did not conclude that Trump or anyone involved in his campaign colluded with Russia, according to a summary Barr delivered to Congress on Sunday. (Mueller’s report left open the question of whether Trump obstructed justice in the course of the investigation, according to Barr’s summary.)"

You dislike the word "ties" ? I figured your ilk loved it as in "DRUMPF has TIES TO PUTEN!!" which was proclaimed by msm so often .
    I agree that we should refrain from using the word, as it could lead to some twisted conspiratorial perception as seen with the russian-collusion conspiracty theory.

You shouldn't project your progressive fetishes on others.
    Also I was referencing the fake news blaming trump on the caged children picture.

Anyway, seperating illegal immigrant children from "parents" makes sense since smugglers and child traffickers often pretend to be their parents:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrant-c...der-agent-says

MCALLEN, Texas – Border patrol agents say they are alarmed by the growing number of migrants illegally crossing the border with children – who are not their own – to avoid long-term federal custody.

Deputy Chief Patrol Agent Raul Ortiz said he’s seeing a growing number of migrant children crossing the border with people pretending to be their parents.

A decades-old settlement, known as the “Flores agreement,” limits the amount of time U.S. officials can detain immigrant children – thus doing the same for their parents, which Ortiz said motivates many of the false relationships.

The problem became so prevalent that the agency began carefully tracking fraudulent family cases in the Rio Grande Valley, after agents noticed a heightened use of fake documents. In fiscal year 2018, Ortiz reported 600 instances.

Recently, border patrol agents rescued a 4-month-old Honduran child from a man falsely identifying himself as her father. In an interview with officials, he admitted purchasing the fraudulent document. Agents later discovered it wasn’t the illegal immigrant’s first time using a child to avoid long-term federal custody. In 2013, records revealed he smuggled an 8-year-old child across the border, claiming he was the father. They were released from federal custody because they received a family unit designation.

Ortiz called cases like this heart-breaking, putting young and vulnerable children at risk.

“We really are concerned, especially for those tender-age children because quite often they can’t communicate that they’re not with a family member,” he said.

He said during long and dangerous treks toward the U.S. border, which can span several weeks, agents worry about the kind of abuses these children may face.

At no point should a child be placed in any harm or danger, and that’s exactly what’s happening,” Ortiz added. “They’re being used as a commodity to circumvent a loophole.”

On Thursday, officials revealed that in seven of 102 cases involving children under 5 separated from their guardians, the adult was determined not to actually be the parent.

But the exact circumstances surrounding each case are unclear.

The Trump administration announced Thursday the reunification of all eligible children under 5 after missing the initial court-ordered deadline earlier in the week.

This comes after a federal judge sided with the American Civil Liberties Union on Tuesday to speed up the reunification process by, among other things, skipping DNA tests for many children.

Some of the border patrol agents with the Rio Grande Valley sector expressed some concern over the ruling, saying it could present a risk to security if limitations on DNA tests expand.

But immigration advocates argue that these children call for special circumstances.

“The court could not have been clearer that business as usual is not acceptable,” Lee Gelernt of the ACLU said in a statement. “The Trump administration must get these children and parents reunited.”
    It's rather amazing how some people want to protect child smugglers and drug runners.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's rather amazing how some people want to protect child smugglers and drug runners.
    That would be people like you. They exist, because prohibitionists like you want to create a market for them.

You are a disingenuous liar.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Project_Veritas

Here's a link with a lot of info on their lies, misinformation, failed attempts at planting fake stories, inability to hang up phones after calling "targets" and leaving voicemails with their "secret plans", looking at folks LinkedIn accounts while they're still logged in and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Hey, it's just like the slippery slope that 2nd amendment people quote when arguing about gun ownership rights.

(Not arguing this case either way, I'm not sure what I think on convicted felons being able to vote while in prison... to me it would depend on the severity and circumstances of their crime)
    It is a slippery slope, but a justified one, that just needs to be sure to be maintained in check.

Enemies of the state should not be voting on what the state does.

Should we really be getting up in arms about Bernie wanting hypothetical terrorists voting when Republicans don't even want to bring charges against the MAGA bomber?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.