Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Ever been stopped outside of a store because your niece was crying she didn't get that $50 Paw Patrol toy and someone thought you were a pedophile kidnapping a little girl based 100% on your gender and how you looked? Because I have. Been stopped multiple times and told to wait for the cops. I tend to not be hateful, I still trust people for the most part. But because of how men are viewed I will no longer help a child that looks lost or hurt. I won't approach a woman in public as I HAVE been falsely accused of rape. I'm a nice guy, I like to think. But I don't feel safe being a nice guy.
    Oh you poor friggin baby.

I guess that's as bad as actual rape. Or actual discrimination. Or getting paid 3/4 wages.

Go get some therapy before you shoot up an office park, you crybaby lunatic. And grow the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Why are there more and more angry young men this decade? Is this a symptom of a much deeper social problem? If so what is it? Do young people feel that their futures have been stolen from them?

How can we turn the tide of the ever increasing anger and hatred?
    Kinda. The deeper social problem is based on the narrative surrounding males.

A male narratively has to:

- have a family.
    - have a well-paying, stable job to support that family.
    - have a house said family can live in.

Their fathers have all this, their own generation has a hard time getting this, or they feel they have to as well. So they feel like failures.

A lot of this sentiment comes from the USA, which is no surprise, as the same system that gave their fathers all of these things are failing to provide them with these things.

Instead of acknowledging that the system was flawed and the things they think were flawed works, unions, the state and the like, they instead turn their anger towards those that have worked to change the system.

The system gave:

- few options for an unhappy woman in a marriage.
    - well-paying, stable jobs thanks to federal decisions.
    - loans to people with well-paying, stable jobs so they could pay the mortgage on a house.

Their fathers had the things they feel cheated out of due to a mix of the system regressing and the system progressing.

- There's no child support and other means that mean that a woman that's unhappy in a relationship can leave it and still retain some financial security.
    - Well-paying, stable jobs are hard to come by as there's no longer any federal influence and the unions have been severely weakened.
    - The amount of mortgage loans has been reduced as a result of well-paying, stable jobs being hard to get.

Turning their anger against the system they praise would at the same time criticise the system, so instead, they turn their attention to those who say they want to be treated as people and are classically narratively worth less than males, namely women.

As for your question, there's nothing that can be done until the people that are angry ask questions and turn their anger towards the system that deserves it.

It's bleak and it's the truth. You can lead a horse to the trough and it's impossible to force it to drink.
    Last edited by Quaade; 2019-04-30 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeanDrunkBecky View Post
    Replace feminists with Capitalists... it's so painfully obvious. Yet you guys keep missing it. Too embarrassed to admit you got conned.
    Here's a game;
    Feminists or Capitalists moving factories and devaluing your work?
    Feminists or Capitalists holding your student debt?
    Feminists or Capitalists buying up property making housing unaffordable?
    Feminists or Capitalists bragging about how their AI will replace your job? This forum is littered with trans-humanist-techbros bragging about truckers being replaced, it's like a meme.
    I dunno why suburban kids have such a hate boner for truckers.

Seriously, edgelords give their money away to Jordan Peterson... so they can blame the wrong people.
    Because they're angsty little shits, but they don't have enough talent or insight to start a band and sing about it, or write a book, or take it out on the soccer field/baseball diamond/wherever they play chess. They don't compete. They just whine and bitch about how hard it is to be at the top of the chain. If it wasn't so goddamned funny, I would feel bad for the little fellas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I'm sure Bubba, Tyrone, and Jesus are going to have a ton of fun with the recent synagouge shooter.

Rape is adequete punishment for some crimes. Sue me.
    Whoa there I ain't talking about those kinda of angry fuckers I'm talking about the non homicidal crybabies lol.....you scared me a bit Bigzoman

Young men have always been angry, but with the internet, it's quite easy to fuel that anger. Just look at this thread, the amount of people who think that man-hating feminism is somehow a massive problem that's taking over the world. You cannot get that idea unless you spend most of your time actively searching for anything and everything that confirms that idea. Just by going into the real world you'll find that the absolute majority of people are just regular people, women included.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post

I guess that's as bad as actual rape. Or actual discrimination. Or getting paid 3/4 wages.

Go get some therapy before you shoot up an office park, you crybaby lunatic. And grow the hell up.
    hahahaha here we go MUH WAGE GAPZ. oh lord. I knew it'd be in here somewhere

But what Eon said is true. You immediately get weird looks as a male approaching even your own children/siblings/family if they are much younger because society has now conditioned this view that men are predators. News flash, women are more likely to abuse their kids. Especially in the cases of marriage breakdowns, last i heard anyhow.

So from what I could gather by reading the replies in this thread, is that many if not most of you think that the solution to this rapidly growing, fundamentally threatening societal problem, is to furtherly continue to dehumanize this minority (for now..). Really? Well by all means go ahead and continue enjoying your circle jerking while it lasts. See where that takes society as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    This is a bizarre way to look at marriage. Each relationship, each marriage is unique and cannot be broken down to a statistic. The thing that would cause yours to break down is also not one. In other words, be sure she's the one before you pop the question. Sounds traditional doesn't it? Because I see this paragraph and I see an excuse, and nothing more.

More excuses, and "encouraged" is a bit ridiculous. And yes, if a person is unhappy with any arrangement they should be free to exit it. You do not get to control another human being and their life. Ever. The word for that is "fair".
    Shit, why didn't I think of this, I'm just making excuses! I just need to man up and jump right in! Right? If my post sounds like excuses then it's because those things are out of my reach to change them and I won't lower myself to accept them and change my desires to meet this reality. Or maybe I will, when I'm no longer young, but this post is about young men. You say find the right one, well, that's easy, right? I've watched my father get destroyed twice during my childhood, both times he lost the home that he built, lost custody of us and lost financial security. Oh and how he thought they were the right ones. Please, give me a break. Truth is that there is no social stigma for divorce anymore, so what's the downside once you no longer have butterfly feelings as a woman.

"Hook up" culture is just making more open something that was done more discretely before. Women having 20 partners before 25 is not some historically new thing.

Society absolutely supports that idea and spends considerable sums to encourage it (see: the tax breaks you get for family and children, at least in America). But your post is literally excuse after excuse of you finding reasons not to have the things you want.
    First, no. A woman who would rack up 20 men not even before 25 but in a lifetime would have been the towns' bicycle historically, let's not twist history here. Because one of the first max 3 guys would have gotten her pregnant, she had a choice to make, either follow her fathers' words and don't spread her legs until she had a relationship going or she could "be a rebel" and get knocked up out of wedlock and be a social outcast. Now we celebrate when women go around whoring. Hormonal contraception has had a huge effect on male-female relationships and we don't even know the full extent of it.

Second, the government might have minor incentives to do so, but the attitude in society is quite very negative. It's looked so down upon if you are a woman in early 20s and you want to get married and start a family there and then, "oh you must get a degree first" "go build a career first, you can do family later"...

Ok, for the rape part, I assume you're talking about being falsely accused of raping someone? No, not as bad. But in a small town, and having to spend time in jail for being falsely accused, it sucks ass.

As far as the discrimination? Being stopped for being a male just because you are a male is discrimination. I don't really get how that isn't actual discrimination? People bitch about discrimination when a black guy is pulled over for having a nice car just cause he's black! Literally getting detained for being a male with small children. Same thing basically.

As for the wage gap, I live in America and the wage gap isn't a thing here. Idk if you're in Europe or something but where I live, in my whole country, that's not a thing. If you want to use that bullshit study that says woman get something like 76 cents to each dollar a man gets then can I point out that asian men make $1.11 for every dollar white men make?

And what makes you think I need a therapist, or I'll shoot a place up? Or I'm a crybaby lunatic?
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2019-04-30 at 07:47 AM.

Why are there more and more angry young men this decade? Is this a symptom of a much deeper social problem? If so what is it? Do young people feel that their futures have been stolen from them?

What makes you assume that there are more angry men? Maybe the anger has always been present but now there is a platform for it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

"Angry young men" is nothing new. Historically population booms and large populations of young men "of fighting age" sitting around, bored, without economic or personal opportunity has been incredibly destabilizing. It's toppled governments and started revolutions. It's caused wars. One of the major questions in the history of governance is how a society manages it's "young men of fighting age" in a way that doesn't cause greater issues.

The way to solve it is pretty well charted. Jobs. Work. Encourage them build ties to family (usually by starting their own) and the community. A fully employed young man working from 9 to 5, with responsibilities to their family and community, will not be hanging out on the shitty corners of the internet.
    Governments have the solution nowadays
    They have talks of UBI, young people believe the lie that it may someday happen, and they stay calm and complacent
    No worries folks, stay calm, and wait for UBI

Jobs are lost? You don't have money? You are poor? You don't have skills?
    No worries. Do nothing. Check some crap on the mobile phone and wait. UBI will come
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

It's probably due to a change in how men are "suposed" and "expected" to be. Not that the change is bad, just that we're in a transition period and things written in stone is no more. There's no "this is a man, if you do like this, then you're a man". It'll most likely be like this for some time until the "new man" arise. Or something... I don't know. It would be so much easier if everyone just strived to be a decent human being towards everyone, no matter their gender, race, religion, eating habits, shoe size etc.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Angry young men, as in teenagers?

They were always angry, biologically they are ready to bang all the women and fight the old ones, it's just much harder to drug-them up with promises these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    From my deduction based on other forms of socializing in this digital age. Sexism.

That's all, they're not longer allowed to be tough, sexist, racist, bigoted, etc etc so their being called out along with their mediums and they're cranky. They're cranky cause they're useless.
    fucking excellent deduction you donkey, I would've said i wish some of these made up "angry young men" got their hands on you to beat some sense into that thick skull of yours, but I'm fairly sure they would be the ones getting injured trying to get through that Wall of ignorance you call a skull.

Your deduction is obviously not based on anything that even resembles anything scientific, or even logical. they are allowed to be way more bigoted than 10, 20, or even 50 years ago, we call it being a SJW, the biggest bigots of them all.

I genuinly wish the worst for you in the hopes that maybe a dose of reality could do you some good, because you are fuuuuuucked if you keep going like this for the rest of your life.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Spend enough time telling Men they are everything wrong in the World and start trying to change everything they enjoy then be surprised by them getting Angry?

Shocking right.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    What?

I can get in a fight, it's called a boxing ring, or gym. The state doesn't jump on anyone unless they are particularly taking liberties they aren't entitled to. Getting pissed and getting abusive aren't the same thing.
    Not in the UK. Ain't even that many boxing clubs, and hell they won't even let you just go and fight

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Actual rape." Which also happens to Men, "Actual discrimination." Which also happens to Men. "getting paid 3/4 wages." which is a lie that has been debunked 1000's of times.

Wew lad. That's either some hard reaching or some hard baiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    yes, because generally speaking "white men are the historical wielders of all the power and influence over nearly every facet of human life on this planet, and a significant amount of oppression and suffering of human beings for the last 5000 years has been a specifically manufactured agenda by white men to horde power at the expense of others" is a factually true statement.
    certainly not all white men, obviously, and not every single thing that has happened in human history has been white men, but as of 2019 the vast majority of issues being faced by not-white-men are either solely or largely predicated on challenges created by white men and thrust upon them.

so yeah, when people on twitter bitch about the factually accurate history of human civilization, that isn't necessarily racism.
    but when you post "dem niggers be leeches" then yes, that is absolutely racism.
    So Africans Enslaving Africans was caused by white men? even though they did it for hundreds of years before the white bad bois started buying them? how about them killing and eating eachother? in general Blacks have harmed other blacks significantly more with NO caucasian influence over the past 5000, so your factually true statement isn't factually true.

Should we bring down them damn blacks because they keep shooting and killing eachother in the ghettos? what kind of warped personaly do you have to think like that? sicko.

How about the Asians? you know, The japanese during the warring states period? or China? Their kill count was beyond imagination, you think WW2 was bad? Guess who experimented on eachother during WW2, the Japanese did some sickening experiments on the Chinese, testing effects of weaponry such as Grenade Shrapnel, Biological Weapons, Psychological torture of women and children, slaughtering their family slowly infront of them, raping and violating, they sent freaking Plague Baloons to the chinese, PLAGUE BALOONS.

Uneducated people trying to lay down facts are the saddest of them all, Humans have Harmed Humans, Some Humans are Assholes, Some Humans are just ignorant and accidentally cause indirect harm to other humans (such as yourself, your ignorance breeding more ignorance is definitely going to if not physically, atleast mentally hurt a lot of other human beings in the future) if you wanna lay down facts then the scale is gonna tend to tip in the opposite direction that you seem to think.

Caucasians were pretty bad during the crusades, I'll give you that. But I think most reasonable people can deduct that had nothing to do with racism, and more to do with the most effective killing machine of a weapon we call Religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It would appear that there's already angry young men answering your question for you.

It's simple, people want to feel like victims, and they lash out in anger and violence.
    got a Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Smarter/stronger sex is useless

clown world honk honk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Not in the UK. Ain't even that many boxing clubs, and hell they won't even let you just go and fight
    Well they do have boxing clubs, martial arts, let two people go at it, soccer (footy) or whatever the hell you call it. You work off the aggression, build some shit. Nothing feels better than when you built something or developed a skill. Then when you feel like you actually accomplished something on your own, you replace being cocky with confidence, and a sense of what you can or can't do and what it takes to do what ever else is next.

For me it was Hockey more than all the above.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis