Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's a damn shame the art and music teams have taken a hit this expansion because they were the last 2 teams showing any form of passion.
    So yeah, you might say that many sets in BfA looks boring. I agree, most are boring. Let's take Uldir. Boring as shit, where cloth is okay, still boring. But then we look beyond that and see how well they are made. Much more detailed and worked on compared to the previous expansion. Imaginative? Maybe not.

The work is still there, I just don't like the theme or the colors personally. BoD gear looks awesome for some races though. Except mail. But after 15 years with 80% shit mail-sets we are used to it. And about the music team have taken a hit? It's the same people we have had for ages. You heard about Glenn Stafford? Google him and see how long he has been making WoW-music. And BfA music is damn great. Good thing we all have different taste I suppose.

"The requirements of the latest expansion issued a massive challenge to the game’s composers and sound artists. As the action takes place on two very different islands – Zandalar for the Horde, and Kul Tiras for the Alliance – Blizzard’s team wasn’t able to reuse many of the sounds and audio tracks it created. Each island had to have its own personality so simply duplicating assets would not do. As a result, Battle for Azeroth has more than ten hours of music, surpassing all of the game’s previous expansions, with a similar effort put into the sound and ambient effects."
    Last edited by Doffen; 2019-04-29 at 01:53 PM.

The only ones who should complain loudly are DH. We only got one expac tier total. Ever. Our transmog options aren’t much

If there was no transmog, I seriously probably wouldn't play anymore. And I love WoW, been playing since launch, but my God, running around looking like Bozo the fucking clown, is no fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The raid ones are even worse. None of the current Mail sets suit a Hunter. They are built around Shamans.
    Lets be fair, as a Hunter player, normally, Mail gear fucking sucks, regardless of expansion, yes, there are some good ones here and there, but not many options, that's why we normally look like low-lvl characters.

Note: Regardless there are some good sets in this expansion, but there are also some really bad ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Literally every xpac, throughout it, toons look like pure horseshit.
    That's why they gave us xmog; go get something that makes sense because in vanilla, I looked like a trainwreck, in BC I looked like a trainwreck, in Wrath.... you get the idea.

And yes, I do understand that *eventually* you could get a full set in the early days and feel cool, but when you got gear piecemeal, a breastplate here, some gloves there, you look like a clown.

The true Classic warrior look. Haters gonna hate.

(Actually the BiS I had during AQ40 / before the release of Naxxramas I had, that I can remember. Can you name all the pieces? :V )
    Last edited by Chonar; 2019-04-30 at 07:49 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Sortof? I always forget about it. The best version in the elite one, which is pvp only if I'm not completely mistaken. The only armor in years that made me want to do pvp, but not gonna embarass myself for rng.
    The reward feom the warfront and ivus drops share same looks as elite version, with different color.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The only ones who should complain loudly are DH. We only got one expac tier total. Ever. Our transmog options aren’t much
    Yeah, but those sets are amazing! And the pvp variant for horde dh tomb of sargueras set is also exceptional (alliance looks like crap in blue and yellow)

Could have been a lot worse

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes and i just cant. BfA models makes me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    The reward feom the warfront and ivus drops share same looks as elite version, with different color.
    With the additional coat overlay on the legs? (Best part tbh...in my opinion)

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Yeah. Is horrible. Totally horrible... but fascinating.

Doesn't look that bad tbh, though it depends on the character. My casters look way better than my melee for example, since the chest doesn't amount to 50% of the model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look at my character everyday because I do not xmog

This was why getting tier sets was so much more meaningful in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath. Most people were running around looking like complete a**clowns, and then you ran across someone in a tier set and you could instantly recognize they were well geared.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Is it bad that I remember where each piece of the gear in this image dropped?
    Yes.... it is bad.

I couldn’t tell you where one piece of this monstrosity came from.

However it is beyond farcical and a fantastic LOL transmog.

For those of you complaining about lack of good mail transmogs, this was my transmog for all of MOP and beyond. It’s the LFR Firebird set from MSV, TOES, HOF.

Last edited by Misuteri; 2019-04-30 at 10:57 PM.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by TransMog View Post
    I was shocked when I saw the 8.2 gear sets. So uninspired, and so lacking in detail.
    In my opinion, EASILY the worst sets they have released. EVER. Have there been worse single sets that are a bit extreme? sure. Have they missed the mark with certain classes here and there? sure. Have they ever produced such second rate rubbish ever before? no. Certain mythic sets might be ok with certain race / class combos, but overall, the feedback seems to be almost universally negative.

I am sure the defenders will come riding in any moment now that i have said that, but there have been entire threads completely removed that had dozens of pages of negative feedback. And yet still many, many threads remain. I have never seen such a universal negative reaction to ALL sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    Could have been a lot worse

you like your 8.2 set?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    BoD plate mythic gear is pretty fantastic.
    its....different. Its a bit adventurous - its love or hate. And personally, i love that idea. It certainly didnt play it safe with those shoulders. Some races it looks amazing on, some, its pretty bad tbh, but, i LOVE that they tried something. Now, to be clear, i personally dont actually like the set that much - its "ok" but probably wont make my regular xmog rotation. But thats totally fine, i dont have to love every set. Its the 8.2 trash i have a problem with. The team should honestly feel ashamed for releasing such garbage. The leveling sets are superior in almost every way.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In my opinion, EASILY the worst sets they have released. EVER. Have there been worse single sets that are a bit extreme? sure. Have they missed the mark with certain classes here and there? sure. Have they ever produced such second rate rubbish ever before? no. Certain mythic sets might be ok with certain race / class combos, but overall, the feedback seems to be almost universally negative.
    I think the biggest issue with those sets is that they are lacking flavor. It's a bunch of really basic sets and they stuck a few fins to pretend like they are Naga inspired. The only one that is even remotely succesful to me is the mythic cloth one because they were clearly inspired by Azshara's naga model. If the whole point of removing class specific sets was to allow the art team to be inspired by the instances, then they are clearly not feeling the whole underwater sea creature vibe.

And honestly I hope they go back to designing sets for classes. So far the environmental sets have been a failure. The Uldir sets were about as thrilling as a loaf of white bread. It also kind of failed to really grasp the feel of Uldir. It's a titan facility that is overrun by Blood Trolls and rotting from the inside because of a putrid amalgamation of diseases. They could have done something like the Hellfire Citadel sets where the mythic sets were corrupted versions of the armor. They could have thrown some Blood Troll flavor in the mix. They could have done literally anything to make it more interesting than basic metal armor with some black and white cloth and neutral faces for a helm.

Even the Dazar'alor set completely misses the mark, in my opinion. The sets all look phenomenal, by far their best work this expansion, but they hardly represent the zone. It's a city of pure gold, with temples dedicated to all sorts of Loas. There are dinosaurs walking around the city, it's guarded by ancient troll constructs. The Alliance is besieging it with the Kul'tiran fleet, using their Tidesage magic as well as Gnomish engineering. All that inspiration yielded... 4 sets inspired by Bwonsamdi. That's it? That's all they could come up with? He's not even the most prominent character in that raid.

The set design this expansion is just missed opportunity after missed opportunity.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard stopped trying to make decent looking gear when they made xmog so hell no. have you seen the mail BoD gear its very terrible with no flavor and once again the shaman gear is a dress, so no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    With the additional coat overlay on the legs? (Best part tbh...in my opinion)
    my favorite piece is the head, such detail on such a simple piece, always want to make a gladiator survival transmog when i see it :P

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    my favorite piece is the head, such detail on such a simple piece, always want to make a gladiator survival transmog when i see it :P
    Heh, the quality on it is fine, I have just have a level of disdain for almost all helmets. A few hoods and other actual helmets I like, but they can fit on like...1 hand.