Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, I mean, it's obvious to everyone that they're redoing Sylvanas into a Kerrigan situation. Watch her become a pariah and ascend to some cheesy goddess-like stature to save the world or some stupid shit.

Blizzard really needs to hire actual writers.

Kerrigan was bent on her vengeance after her deinfestation but at least she TRIED to become a better person, such as when she promised Valerian Mengsk that she would try to minimize civilian casualties. Sylvanas, on the other hand, does not give a shit about becoming a better person nor does she care about thousands of civilians dying, as the Burning of Teldrassil proves.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    It's mostly just one quote from Afrasiabi with no other lore actually backing up that claim. So people now say Sylvanas ordered the event to happen even though there isn't really anything saying such in any of the canon material.
    If you take anything Afrasiabi says at face value without corroborating evidence, you're gonna have a bad time, I agree.

On-topic: They wrote themselves into a corner when they decided Sylvanas figured wiping out a settlement full of noncombatants because someone mildly sassed her was a rational course of action. Since then it's been slapdash writing trying to portray her as Evil while also trying desperately to avoid retreading SC2 and MoP both. It doesn't help that Ion keeps trying to play cute and be coy about her very obvious motivations, instead telling her story through exposition (exposition disguised as other characters having dialogue, even, like we're in a Christopher Nolan film).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If you take anything Afrasiabi says at face value without corroborating evidence, you're gonna have a bad time, I agree.

On-topic: They wrote themselves into a corner when they decided Sylvanas figured wiping out a settlement full of noncombatants because someone mildly sassed her was a rational course of action. Since then it's been slapdash writing trying to portray her as Evil while also trying desperately to avoid retreading SC2 and MoP both. It doesn't help that Ion keeps trying to play cute and be coy about her very obvious motivations, instead telling her story through exposition (exposition disguised as other characters having dialogue, even, like we're in a Christopher Nolan film).
    was there another settlement wiped out or was that sassed bit from the warbringer short? If the Warbringer short... they sort of invalidate that bit with the Good War story.

10+ Year Old Account
    was there another settlement wiped out or was that sassed bit from the warbringer short? If the Warbringer short... they sort of invalidate that bit with the Good War story.
    They do, but I feel like that was developed after the fact when they realized 'Sylvanas just tried to wipe a species off the map because Delaryn got sassy with her during the Sylvanas/Arthas juxtaposition' was a really, really bad spot to write the Warchief into.

Also, Elegy was surprisingly well-written. It did a lot more than the ingame event to show the night elf resistance, which soothed the burn some.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    They do, but I feel like that was developed after the fact when they realized 'Sylvanas just tried to wipe a species off the map because Delaryn got sassy with her during the Sylvanas/Arthas juxtaposition' was a really, really bad spot to write the Warchief into.

Also, Elegy was surprisingly well-written. It did a lot more than the ingame event to show the night elf resistance, which soothed the burn some.
    I feel like it probably took more than 2 weeks to write (or even rewrite parts of), proofread, publish, print, and distribute AGW. Although, based on the perspective of the story, the rushjob wouldn't be surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I feel like it probably took more than 2 weeks to write (or even rewrite parts of), proofread, publish, print, and distribute AGW. Although, based on the perspective of the story, the rushjob wouldn't be surprising.
    While true, I also believe this is true of the Warbringers short. Remember that excerpts of A Good War and Elegy were released with last year's Blizzcon goodie bag. I believe that, with their workload also including multiple full cinematics, the Warbringers were in production long before AGW/Elegy, leading to them using AGW to clear things up once it was too late to change Warbringers: Sylvanas.

This is funny because Arthas was actually mean to be the kerrigan of WoW, damm the scourge is the same thing as the zerg and ner'zhul/overmind has a lot of paralles
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why do people think Kerrigan invented being an evil force for good?
    That not what I am implying at all. The only reason I compare her to Kerrigan is because its a recycled concept from the same company.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I didn't think she was 'mind controlled' in brood war per say but it did feel to me that she had been changed and corrupted at a fundamental level by the 'zergification' process, and that the human Kerrigan before she was captured wouldn't like what she became. It felt more to me like the transformation made her evil rather than 'this was who Kerrigan was deep down all along.'

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, Christie Golden already made Anduin and Valerian the same character.

What's one more?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    What?

Putress and Varimathras be damned, right?
    Actually, it's been retconned a bit. Now, Sylvanas apparently has a more major role in the Wrathgate's ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Actually, it's been retconned a bit. Now, Sylvanas apparently has a more major role in the Wrathgate's ordering.
    Is there anything besides that one comment from a guy who keeps forgetting his own lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Is there anything besides that one comment from a guy who keeps forgetting his own lore?
    just referencing the ordering of blight production...

So people now say Sylvanas ordered the event to happen even though there isn't really anything saying such in any of the canon material.
    More or less.

Chronicle 3 says:
    Like most good lies, Sylvanas Windrunner's account of the rebellion contained some truth. Grand Apothecary Putresss truly had attempted to overthrow her, and Varimthras truly was trying to claim the Forsaken in the name of the Burning Legion.
    But the plague had created at her direction. Sylvanas was willing to take vengeance against the Lich King at almost any cost, even by making a weapon as deadly as the plague. Whether she was aware that Putress and Varimathras were planning to use the concoction remained a mystery. Rumors persisted that she knew about the attack at the Wrath Gate beforehand, and her denials did not assuage the doubts of her detractors.

You see, Narud is evil liar, just like N'zoth. That's why every Alliance player thinks that Sylvanas is enemy of all life.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Varimathras' quotes, Sylvanas' shit in BFA, Chronicles (Which is canon).

Ya know.

So Kerrigan was always evil from her original human state before infested by Overmind? Are ghost Kerrigan and zerg Kerrigan the same entity, or they have the different personality?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    How long did it take you to find that? Lol

Kerrigan from Heart of the Swarm onwards has almost nothing in common with Sylvanas now. Sylvanas has a bit in common with the Kerrigan before that point, only far less powerful and less interesting.

As long as we don't get a 'redemption story' for Sylvanas, then I don't care that much. At this point, her entire story is becoming a bit of a joke. I don't hate Sylvanas's character, but I hope they kill her off in this expansion just so people can stop obsessing over her and so her story can stop going in circles. Making her warchief was one of the worst story decisions Blizzard has made in a very long time.