Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What do you mean? You're done with your heart of azeroth for now, congrats. More levels will be added in 8.2

Like you've got your BiS necklace now, that's it. Have you never played one of the earlier wow expansions where you could get your best stuff and then be OP until the next content launches? Srsly your question is dumb.

also inb4 south park meme
    except that does not apply here, getting ur BiS shoulders was not 85% of ur play time. once u finish ur neck, there literally is barely anything to do in the game, unless u count discount chinese pokemans and Barbie dress up as content? but i feel like playing the original version would just make more sense at that point. BG's died a long time ago since everyone needs CC, Arena died with the new Trinkets, M+ died when they decided to work on dungeons with M+ in mind and restricted the rule set, so ill ask OP's question again. Now what? I did the content that was forced down my throat, they killed all other forms of "relevant" content, do I just raid log in hopes of random unimportant max titty forge items that will be redundant soon?

Unsub and save 2 months membership, if you feel you have nothing left to do, why carry on playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    wait, to unlock glyphs you need to grind rep till LvL 50 HoA???????????
    ?>???????
    AP unlocks three Major slots at level 55, 60, & 65. Each Essence has a major active ability and minor passive effect, with the big central socket applying both bonuses of whatever Essence is socketed within it, and the two smaller sockets only applying the minor bonus. This gives a total of four bonuses (1 major active, 3 minor passives) at one time at the start of 8.2. More sockets may be added in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Aha.
    Ahahaha.
    AhahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    fuck this shit then.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Well OP, I have a life, so my neck is at 39. Perhaps you should take a break and focus on life, instead of a video game.
    39?! Are you serious? Did you hit 120 yesterday?

Also lets hear about this life of yours. I bet it will make the rest of us jealous...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    except that does not apply here, getting ur BiS shoulders was not 85% of ur play time. once u finish ur neck, there literally is barely anything to do in the game, unless u count discount chinese pokemans and Barbie dress up as content? but i feel like playing the original version would just make more sense at that point. BG's died a long time ago since everyone needs CC, Arena died with the new Trinkets, M+ died when they decided to work on dungeons with M+ in mind and restricted the rule set, so ill ask OP's question again. Now what? I did the content that was forced down my throat, they killed all other forms of "relevant" content, do I just raid log in hopes of random unimportant max titty forge items that will be redundant soon?
    They didn't "kill" anything. You've just become bored with the risk versus reward. This game isn't supposed to be your 24/7 entertainment and they don't try to be. They put out content that the casual gamer may last 6 months playing. They fully expect the raiders to unsub and come back because WoW has always been cyclical.

Most online games are like this in todays market as customers consume content much faster than 20 years ago. Most games provide between 30 to 60 hours of content. You easily get that much with each patch and it's not a DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't understand what you mean? My neck is now 45, you say it should be higher or lower?

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with that? 2 of the best things you can do in life if you ask me.
    Eventually you grow up and prioritize other things in life.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Now you wait for 8.2 and do it all over again. You've achieved nothing but get to the same point everyone else will be kicked to once the patch lands
    Do it all over again in 8.2...? Forget it, When's the next xpac? I don't wanna hear more AP craps cuz it's becoming tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They didn't "kill" anything. You've just become bored with the risk versus reward. This game isn't supposed to be your 24/7 entertainment and they don't try to be. They put out content that the casual gamer may last 6 months playing. They fully expect the raiders to unsub and come back because WoW has always been cyclical.

Most online games are like this in todays market as customers consume content much faster than 20 years ago. Most games provide between 30 to 60 hours of content. You easily get that much with each patch and it's not a DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Eventually you grow up and prioritize other things in life.
    Except most games providing 30-60 hours, provide it in a very different way, the 30-60 hours of content provided in wow is not just enjoyable, which is okay, something having certain parts of a game not being enjoyable is a good thing, because it can enhance the enjoyment of other things in the game. did i enjoy dying to SMough and Ornstein in Dark ouls 1 for 2 hour straight? no. Did it make beating the fight (and the fact i improved for the rest of the game afterwards) feel fucking amazing? yes.

Can you say the same for World quests? because if thats the case then theres no reason to even talk to eachother, we are on completely different levels then.

The point of a grind is not to enjoy it, that is why its called a Grind, you enjoy the result afterwards. dying to smough and ornstein for 2 hours was a grind, the grind had a reward, the reward being growth which enhanced my future enjoyment.

When i was playing Semi pro CSGO, Dry Prac for 6 hours was the bane of my existence, it was so boring. Shooting bots and plates for 2 hours a day over summer vacation to improve my aim made me want to put a gun in my mouth. I fucking Hate Death match, yet i did over an hour of it a day. It was 10+ hours a day of things I hated. in order to go to a tournament, and play well, see all that hard work pay off, having an audience scream when you make a sick a play is the absolute height of adrenaline and dopamine rushes, it is amazing, and it made all those months of hard work worth it.

Wow has none of that anymore.

You also said it was for casuals, its cyclical etc, but the game i bought does not fit into that description back in 2004.

And there has not been a SINGLE patch that has given me 30-60 hours of content besides new raid tier releases, I think if you think that statement over even you can see that the majority of patches contain less than 1 day of content.

I do not actively play for azerite. So it seems it will take quite some time until my chars are there.

I think blizzard should start over on patch 8.2, and not make a special linear progression from former patches matter to get gains from 8.2 gameplay.

Yet, i coult not care less. I will not progress just for one number getting higher. If blizzard is not giving me compelling rewards, i will quit playing.

Also, the item progression in 8.2 looks rather weak. You do not get any new items from world quests anymore, but just some base items you have to develop with ilevel pushing items (which is the same as azerite armor until 8.1.5, if you get a new item with better stats, you need to stack ilvl items on it even more). Blizzard infact changed the system for azerite armor to be used for every other item except the necklace.

My plan for 8.2 is to play until i am revered, and check then if there is any character progression left which is useful as like in 8.1.5. If not, i will unsubscribe.

Oh, and i think you will need revered for both the horde and the alliance faction this time to unlock flying for both factions this time. Just another timesink for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-30 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Islands become useless"

*still trying to get all mounts* ... Islands give AP?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I wonder people do not worry about the fact blizzard wants peoeple to play longer for less gain. As like needing both Zandalar exalted and Proudmoore exalted for the allied races.. And both war campaigns.. In Legion, you just needed one of them and got all two allied races. Blizzard is selling the allied races for an even higher price every new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    I wonder people do not worry about the fact blizzard wants peoeple to play longer for less gain. As like needing both Zandalar exalted and Proudmoore exalted for the allied races.. And both war campaigns.. In Legion, you just needed one of them and got all two allied races. Blizzard is selling the allied races for an even higher price every new patch.
    False you needed army of the light: ligthforged
    Antorus reach: void elf
    Nigthfallen: nightbourne
    Highmountain tribe: Highmountain tauren

4 races for 4 rep
    Last edited by Murthag; 2019-04-30 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    False you needed army of the light: ligthforged
    Antorus reach: void elf
    Nigthfallen: nightbourne
    Highmountain tribe: Highmountain tauren

4 races for 4 rep
    The thing is, you did not need to play two factions at level 110 for the rewards. Now you need both an alliance char and a horde char at endgame level.

One of the neat tricks we already know from blizzard. If i could take a guess, blizzard wants altoholics to play both horde and alliance, to even out the faction balance. Well, and they want to sell time /played for leveling that new horde or alliance char all up to level 120.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-04-30 at 10:22 AM.

It should be a relief. Unless you actually LIKED doing WQs ?? Oo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Except most games providing 30-60 hours, provide it in a very different way, the 30-60 hours of content provided in wow is not just enjoyable, which is okay, something having certain parts of a game not being enjoyable is a good thing, because it can enhance the enjoyment of other things in the game. did i enjoy dying to SMough and Ornstein in Dark ouls 1 for 2 hour straight? no. Did it make beating the fight (and the fact i improved for the rest of the game afterwards) feel fucking amazing? yes.

Can you say the same for World quests? because if thats the case then theres no reason to even talk to eachother, we are on completely different levels then.

The point of a grind is not to enjoy it, that is why its called a Grind, you enjoy the result afterwards. dying to smough and ornstein for 2 hours was a grind, the grind had a reward, the reward being growth which enhanced my future enjoyment.

When i was playing Semi pro CSGO, Dry Prac for 6 hours was the bane of my existence, it was so boring. Shooting bots and plates for 2 hours a day over summer vacation to improve my aim made me want to put a gun in my mouth. I fucking Hate Death match, yet i did over an hour of it a day. It was 10+ hours a day of things I hated. in order to go to a tournament, and play well, see all that hard work pay off, having an audience scream when you make a sick a play is the absolute height of adrenaline and dopamine rushes, it is amazing, and it made all those months of hard work worth it.

Wow has none of that anymore.

You also said it was for casuals, its cyclical etc, but the game i bought does not fit into that description back in 2004.

And there has not been a SINGLE patch that has given me 30-60 hours of content besides new raid tier releases, I think if you think that statement over even you can see that the majority of patches contain less than 1 day of content.
    It's possible they provide less than 60 hours of content that *you* are personally interested in. But each patch easily contains more than 60 hours worth of activities to do. That's the difference. Not every section of the game interests every player.

Plus the base expansion provides well over 60 hours of content. The initial leveling experience alone could take that long if not rushed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Why in the world would you do that? You don't even need to go hard on grinding to unlock all trait rings, I already have them and I never do content that only rewards AP. Why would anyone willingly go beyond that?

Because that's nothing new, systems have always had an end before in this game. Once you capped your rep to get the gear you wanted then suddenly all those dailies no longer had a point. Once you got BiS the raid no longer had a point. Once you got your full arena set then arena points no longer had a point. Etc. AP system just makes the grind take longer but it's just all the same thing with a different name and a lot of randomization crammed into it. It's a little stupid to expect a game to never have an end.
    Diablo 3 doesn't have an end, there is always a new paragon level and an additional higher greater rift level, and even if you are stuck with it, there is always the chance you roll 1% and level up your gems. So, it's entirely possible to have no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I have no idea why OP gets shit on. He makes a very valid point: If you finish AP suddenly lost of the game has no longer a reward. Since 8.2 is probably still more than 2 months away they should at least implement a conversion feature that converts AP to gold once you hit 50.
    What did you people do before AP was a thing geez? do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to say though, it's really weird that they don't at least convert the AP into gold. In legion when people hit the cap they could just sell AP tokens.
    Gold income in general seems to get nerfed. There will also be no gold missions on the table anymore.

Seems blizzard wants to sell more tokens.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Diablo 3 doesn't have an end, there is always a new paragon level and an additional higher greater rift level, and even if you are stuck with it, there is always the chance you roll 1% and level up your gems. So, it's entirely possible to have no end.
    Paragon level cap was 10k last I checked, which was a while. But your point stands. I'll be more careful next time on how I word things, could have said it's a little stupid to expect a game to never have an end without relying on meaningless grinding or something like it.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn