Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because nothing you ever say in regards to this is logical.

It's just pure doomsaying nonstop. Over and over, while praising another game that is going to most likely go down the same exact path 5 years from now and the same cycle will be repeated.

BlizzCon HAS been canceled before in the past, twice. It has nothing to do with Activision, and whether or not Blizzard sees it as worth the publicity/marketing because that's all they get out of it. Same with this, there's nothing for them to announce so they're not going. It's as simple as that.

Yet somehow again here we are with people going "Oh, Blizzards dead!" and then you going "IT'S MONEY!".

It's ridiculous. If you want to criticize Blizzard, at least have reasons besides "they breathed!". It's more helpful for those who actually want to see Blizzard improve.
    Then don't respond to me if you don't think it's logical and just "doomsaying". Problem solved. I sadly can't stop myself from seeing your posts as we can't ignore moderators on this site (makes sense of course) so there's not much I can do on my end.

I'm critical of the state the company is in and how it's games are doing. I want it to improve. And it's not. As someone who grew up with this company with games like Brood War and Diablo 1 on the PS1 it bloody hurts to see them ruining great franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    No, it has nothing to do with cost cuts. Its so sad how so many think this si the first time blizzard has cut costs, they had several over the period of wows lifetime. They are focusing on blizzcon. It was heavily hinted last year that if ever one would go to a blizzcon in their lifetime, it would be 2019.
    They've been saying that in a way about every Blizzcon.

And yes it's to do with cost cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I agree he does seem to have some slight bias towards Blizzard. I do think they are going to pull out all the stops for this particular Blizzcon, though. They really pissed a lot of people off the last one.

Then again, I could be wrong.
    yeh, its part of this new social group of derps that have to validate their reason for not playing the game, and HAVE to be right for making that decision then making up excuses and spewing their toxic vitriol online.

The irony is, they wish they still played obviously because they cant stop talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Interesting. I guess they want Blizzcon to be a blow-out unlike last year.
    yea a blow out tire that makes them swerve of the road and into the ditch. Where they will end over end till the burning wreck comes to a complete stop. because thats what happend last year.

There trying to save what they have for blizzcon. At this point I doubt that they have much to offer anymore at least for wow. SC2 might be promising if it ever announces an mmo version. Been in the works for a while just not announced yet.

yeh, its part of this new social group of derps that have to validate their reason for not playing the game, and HAVE to be right for making that decision then making up excuses and spewing their toxic vitriol online.

The irony is, they wish they still played obviously because they cant stop talking about it.
    Kind of like the people who think Blizzard do no wrong then? Don't pretend it's one sided please.

And no I don't wish I still played any of their current products because they've shown they lack passion, commitment and dedication to them. I want them however to get their backside in gear and start being a company for the players and not the shareholders again.

The old guard were the kind of people who wanted to make games. Who would probably play a game of D&D now and then as friends during or maybe after work. The new guard probably don't even know what D&D is.

Because nothing you ever say in regards to this is logical.

It's just pure doomsaying nonstop. Over and over, while praising another game that is going to most likely go down the same exact path 5 years from now and the same cycle will be repeated.

BlizzCon HAS been canceled before in the past, twice. It has nothing to do with Activision, and whether or not Blizzard sees it as worth the publicity/marketing because that's all they get out of it. Same with this, there's nothing for them to announce so they're not going. It's as simple as that.

Yet somehow again here we are with people going "Oh, Blizzards dead!" and then you going "IT'S MONEY!".

It's ridiculous. If you want to criticize Blizzard, at least have reasons besides "they breathed!". It's more helpful for those who actually want to see Blizzard improve.

which is extremely popular.

The ever odd hero Anduin.

"Seems". So literally just your gut feeling without any reasoning?

Not even close to the truth considering how many people are still dying for them to reveal D4. Immortals caused outrage yes, but outrage on the internet hardly goes anywhere like that considering it's already moved onto the next topic like Anthem.
    I'm sorry but why don't you guys actually do something about this guy? He's literally in every Blizzard thread in page 1, derailing it to hell so why don't you just... moderate? This is a different type of Jaylock bullshit all over again man, what's with this forum..
    @Jester Joe
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then don't respond to me if you don't think it's logical and just "doomsaying". Problem solved. I sadly can't stop myself from seeing your posts as we can't ignore moderators on this site (makes sense of course) so there's not much I can do on my end.

I'm critical of the state the company is in and how it's games are doing. I want it to improve. And it's not. As someone who grew up with this company with games like Brood War and Diablo 1 on the PS1 it bloody hurts to see them ruining great franchise.
    Then give actual feedback.

Don't just sit there and lambaste them for literally everything. You may not think of it as much, but honestly WoW was much more enjoyable the less I spent on these forums talking about it. Each minor complaint from people adds up. Negativity just breeds negativity. It just becomes a cycle of hate (Sylvanas was right).

THIS situation right here should be a hopeful one. If Blizzard isn't wasting their time with Gamescom, it means they don't want to show their cards just yet. They have something down the line that isn't time to show. I'd say BlizzCon has a good chance of being impressive this year again.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I'm sorry but why don't you guys actually do something about this guy? He's literally in every Blizzard thread in page 1, derailing it to hell so why don't you just... moderate? This is a different type of Jaylock bullshit all over again man, what's with this forum..
    I'm not a WoW Moderator, I can't nor could I do anything on this section of the forums. For forum specific mods you can go back to the forum section and look under the forum to see who mods it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php

For news, reports/PM'ing a global is probably the best way to go.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do many American companies regularly attend Gamescom?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Then give actual feedback.

Don't just sit there and lambaste them for literally everything. You may not think of it as much, but honestly WoW was much more enjoyable the less I spent on these forums talking about it. Each minor complaint from people adds up. Negativity just breeds negativity. It just becomes a cycle of hate (Sylvanas was right).

THIS situation right here should be a hopeful one. If Blizzard isn't wasting their time with Gamescom, it means they don't want to show their cards just yet. They have something down the line that isn't time to show. I'd say BlizzCon has a good chance of being impressive this year again.
    I am giving actual feedback. You just don't like what that feedback is.

So again if you just think it's "doomsaying" then don't respond further dude. Nothing against you but there's no point of us going in circles and quite frankly it's just the both of us here trying to tell each other why we are right or wrong.

And as I said I believe Blizzcon is just going to be the same old this year and they won't have learnt their lesson and will announce another mobile game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-30 at 05:48 PM.

I am giving actual feedback. You just don't like what that feedback is.

So again if you just think it's "doomsaying" then don't respond further dude. Nothing against you but there's no point of us going in circles.
    You didn't have any feedback about this situation.

You sarcastically talked about how they're still selling things at gamescom, and to "not show mobile at BlizzCon".

That has nothing to do with "not being at Gamescom". If you think this is such a bad decision, then let's get what you think should be done.

You didn't have any feedback about this situation.

You sarcastically talked about how they're still selling things at gamescom, and to "not show mobile at BlizzCon".

That has nothing to do with "not being at Gamescom". If you think this is such a bad decision, then let's get what you think should be done.
    And that's your opinion. My feedback/opinion was I believe they are cutting costs. Again stop trying to invalidate an opinion because you don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

They've been saying that in a way about every Blizzcon.

And yes it's to do with cost cutting.
    ok, lets say you are blizz: would u rather play all ur cards all at once to guarantee the maximum shock value at blizzcon (which will have a much bigger payoff), or would u stagger that effect and allocate money, intravenously hurting your payoff by offering something that may or may not be ready for announcement? They are def hurting from last years blizzcon, it would make sense to come back with a huge return.

In short, it simply does not make sense to go to gamescon witht he current state of the companies rapport with its community. Really simple to understand. Gamescom presence would cost them pretty much pennies and would hurt potential of 2019 blizzcon as they ahve several things to announce.

Edit: Also, there are such things as wrong opinions.

I kind of have two feelings about it. I understand where these people are coming from because what they did last Blizzcon was pretty upsetting. The company they are working with to produce the mobile Diablo is known for implementing ridiculous microtransactions too. It paints a pretty bad picture for Blizzard. To top it all off, the "do you not have phones" comment was the wrong response.

At the same time, the constant doomsaying I have heard over the years is just as annoying as it was back then. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachsophone View Post
    Umm... that's not the quote lol. You used quotes and typed something different. They said "As part of a renewed effort this year to maintain our focus on development" not "to do more, we will do less".

I suppose one could interpret "focus on development" could mean more development, but based on the context I assume it to mean better development. If Blizzard games really do lack [fill in the blank], then putting more focus on fixing that via development should make you happy, not upset.

Imagine you own a donut shop and lately people have been complaining about your donuts not being as good. So instead of attending different events to promote your food, you instead stay home and focus on fixing whatever has been going awry lately. Or, maybe they're fine but you just want to make them even better. Sure, one could argue "nothing will change despite desperate attempts", but at least you're (Blizzard is) making a concerted effort to improve.
    A Donut shop is not an internationally operating multi-billion dollar company whose biggest source of income is community-dependent multiplayer games (for now) where representation and appearance is a very important part of the game. Blizzard has the money, employees, skills and experience to both attend one of the biggest press- and communityevents in gaming in the world, aswell as making an increased effort in development. Adding to this, as anybody who ever owned or worked in any developing sector, including research, design, even cooking, will tell you - exchanging experiences to gain ideas is important, and while the web will give you access to a great many different sources of information, first-hand experiencing and exchanging with different development teams is very important. That's why symposiums are a thing. These excebitions aren't only for the public and the press, they are also for the developers.

And one of the biggest companies in the sector not showing up can be explained by exactly one thing. Lazyness. Nothing else. A focus on development would include looking at other peoples developments.

Cut costs - (c) Blizzard 2019

I'm not a WoW Moderator, I can't nor could I do anything on this section of the forums. For forum specific mods you can go back to the forum section and look under the forum to see who mods it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php

For news, reports/PM'ing a global is probably the best way to go.
    Yeah but don't you guys, like, talk to eachother? This jackass is, again, literally, in every thread, cherrypicking people responding and regurgitating verbal diarrhea all day every day.

And for someone moderating: @Splenda. And no, you can't just ignore this guy beacuse people keep quoting his garbage for pages' end. Jesus...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the moderation discussion.

Report posts you think are bad and let the moderators handle it from there and move on with your day.

Ignore users if you feel you do not want to see their posting.

And that's your opinion. My feedback/opinion was I believe they are cutting costs. Again stop trying to invalidate an opinion because you don't like it.
    Feedback isn't "they're cutting costs".

Opinions about actions aren't just to be said as "it's my opinion though". You're meant to support it with factual proof, or reasoning.

That is why I went through the effort of telling you that they've canceled BlizzCons before because they had nothing to show. It's not uncommon for companies to do this, to forgo showing what they have to save it for another time. Especially considering this BlizzCon is already shown to be re-purposing space to fit more

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291425/...er-1st-and-2nd

"Hall E, formerly used for registration and shopping, will be re-purposed for more BlizzCon festivities. Registration will move off-site."

Feedback isn't "they're cutting costs".

Opinions about actions aren't just to be said as "it's my opinion though". You're meant to support it with factual proof, or reasoning.

That is why I went through the effort of telling you that they've canceled BlizzCons before because they had nothing to show. It's not uncommon for companies to do this, to forgo showing what they have to save it for another time. Especially considering this BlizzCon is already shown to be re-purposing space to fit more

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291425/...er-1st-and-2nd

"Hall E, formerly used for registration and shopping, will be re-purposed for more BlizzCon festivities. Registration will move off-site."
    Meh if you say so. Not continuing now as I said it's just going in circles.

We have different opinions on the matter. We both disagree with each other which is fair so let's just leave it at that.

They were afraid of coming to Germany of course since on German servers nelves are the strongest Alliance race on maxlevel!

I, too, think that it's the typical US attitude, like EU is inferior and stuffs, but on the other hand, I wouldn't bother going there
    to begin with, so it doesn't really affect me.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-04-30 at 06:09 PM.