Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    My premise?
    See that is why I find you so highly amusing.
    You were the one to reduce it to "distinct culture", while I was the one pointing out all this time that "distinct culture is not enough".
    That is what I meant with "you reduced it to something absurd by leaving out all that really matters".

Let me go back and show you the first post of mine that you took exception with:

See how I did explicitly state that just a different culture is not enough?
    So let me reapeat: You are hillarious. Exceptionally so.
    I just realised the problem.

You're a different person to who I was responding to.

Why are you talking to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Wtf? I hope that guy gets maximum punishment possible. There is no excuse. Can't even imagine if that had happened to one of my family members or friends

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I just realised the problem.

You're a different person to who I was responding to.

Why are you talking to me?
    You are having a discussion on a public forum, if you do not want others to respond to your posts then send them per pm?
    But yes, that was probably the problem.

Greenland is counted as a country not just because it has a different culture, but because it is geographically distinct from Denmark and because the Kingdom of Denmark (which is not just Denmark) says it is. Those two are more seperate from each other than the states that make up the USA are.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-07-21 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Versus your peers, most developed industrial/Western nations are around 1 per 100k, you're like 4+.

The US is a major outlier.
    Ummm... ok. Was I disputing that somewhere? Was that a point of contention between us at some point? I didn't think it was, as I've certainly never argued against it. In fact the thing I stated which you quoted back at me says exactly that, that the US is a major outlier. So I'm not sure why you felt the need to go back and restate something we clearly are both in agreement on. Like, who are you trying to convince here?

More to the point, you didn't answer my question. You stated that providing a list that places the US far down in standing from other top tier developed Western nations is intentionally masking reality. How? Especially when the reality being discussed, which you just restated because reasons, is that the US is an outlier far down the list from its HDI peers and the list shows that exact thing?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    hundreds of thousands of police interaction happen everyday with 0 incidents, it's just the ones every now and then like this that get reported on that make it seem like it happens all the time.
    Hundreds of thousands of police interactions happen every day around the world, with 0 incidents. Meanwhile there's USA, with a case of a cop shooting an innocent person every month, if not a week. I'll use Poland as an example since it's my country. The last case of police fatally shooting a suspect in Poland was 3 years ago. The guy (a hospital patient) stole 2 knives and started running around the place threatening people and breaking things up. The police first tried to use tazers and gas. When it didn't work, they shot him in the thigh, and then, when it still didn't stop him, in the torso. Still didn't shoot to kill, but he died on the table.

3 years ago. And this is pretty much an isolated case. Meanwhile, in USA, an innocent person gets shot for approaching the police car. People get shot because "they looked like a criminal". Poland isn't some kind of a green island with no criminals or an exception to the rule. In civilized countries, police just doesn't have a license to kill. So either there's something very wrong with US' police alone, or it's just a symptom of much larger problems within the society as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

If the races were reversed, this cop would be getting off scott-free.

However, since it was a pretty white lady who got gunned down, the cop might actually get into some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Hundreds of thousands of police interactions happen every day around the world, with 0 incidents. Meanwhile there's USA, with a case of a cop shooting an innocent person every month, if not a week. I'll use Poland as an example since it's my country. The last case of police fatally shooting a suspect in Poland was 3 years ago. The guy (a hospital patient) stole 2 knives and started running around the place threatening people and breaking things up. The police first tried to use tazers and gas. When it didn't work, they shot him in the thigh, and then, when it still didn't stop him, in the torso. Still didn't shoot to kill, but he died on the table.

3 years ago. And this is pretty much an isolated case. Meanwhile, in USA, an innocent person gets shot for approaching the police car. People get shot because "they looked like a criminal". Poland isn't some kind of a green island with no criminals or an exception to the rule. In civilized countries, police just doesn't have a license to kill. So either there's something very wrong with US' police alone, or it's just a symptom of much larger problems within the society as a whole.
    Bullshit and lies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_...les_de_Menezes
    Last edited by zenkai; 2017-07-21 at 01:58 PM.

12 years ago. This is the best you can dig up? Seems to be a rare occurrence after all.

The woman's family got a good civil lawyer. The city police department where the cop is employed are distancing themselves as far from this cop as far they can. The civil lawyer will want to go after the police department because that's where the money is, the cop doesn't have the to pay out millions.

The police department is saying they didn't train the cop to shoot women in their pajamas as the women rush up to patrol cars to report crimes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

So how is it lies? It's a 100% isolated case for Poland, but I can argue it is such for the whole Europe, if there's 9 years interval between cases like this. I'm sure you could find more, but I sincerely doubt there would be more than, say, one a year. Still is isolated and beats the US police unjustifiedly shooting people every month or even more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Also I don't like being forced to use a credit card, as having cash on you in the US is considered an illegal activity and it can get the cash confiscated.
    Citation needed/source please

Reckon that its a damm shame that Mohamed Noor has asked his lawyer to do a drug test on Justine the Aussie ladies body.

Looking for another way to blame the victim.

I wish the FBI would get involved with this shooting investigation

Good to see some protests in Minneapolis for Justine.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/minneapo...21-gxghfo.html

Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-07-22 at 07:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heads are starting to roll

Chief of Police resigned

and the cop's defense was that he was "startled", so of course if you get startled by something, you better start shooting. I'm sure the last thing he expected to see when called in about a possible sexual assault was a woman in distress, better start shooting, thats so unexpected and startling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Citation needed/source please
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Wtf? lol, noone knows what they are talking about on this damn site. I never have had a card in the US. Used cash my whole life.
    I'm assuming haxartus is referring to this:

"You don't have to be convicted of a crime — or even accused of one — for police to seize your car or other property."

Aggressive police take hundreds of millions of dollars from motorists not charged with crimes

States seize cash, property from motorists

Chicago civil asset forfeiture hits poor people the hardest

This was meant to be a tool to stop large criminal organizations/cartels from financially benefitting from their crimes, but has become a ways for police to fund themselves mostly by targetting those unable to fight it in courts. In 81% of cases there is never an indictment and while some of the amounts are quite large there have been seizures with no charges pressed for carrying under $100 cash.

Aso this was posted just yesterday (emphasis mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    In Canada, we've been warned not to carry any cash on us if we're driving through the US, because highway patrols will stop cars with foreign plates, take any cash they can find, then send you on your way. To even challenge it, you have to find out when the court date is (they don't inform you, since you're not being charged with anything), and then travel back to the jurisdiction in question. Almost never worth it.

Mmmm, it's dishearting to see cases of corruption like that, even when they are presented with extreme bias like the ones you linked, but they are just that. In my (limited) experience I have never had anything like that happen or even heard of it from anyone.

Sad for sure, but hardly "illegal to carry cash".

HES GUILTY

The Cop is Guilty

http://www.startribune.com/mohamed-n...ond/509224642/

Thank you Jury in Minneapolis

Noor guilty of third-degree murder, manslaughter in killing of Justine Ruszczyk Damond
    Former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor has been found guilty of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. He was acquitted of second-degree murder.

What kind of sentence will he get for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    What kind of sentence will he get for that?
    Not much. Third Degree Manslaughter means you farted in their direction and they fell over and hit their head.

Depends on the judge of course, but those charges are pretty light.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Not much. Third Degree Manslaughter means you farted in their direction and they fell over and hit their head.

Depends on the judge of course, but those charges are pretty light.
    it is about "third degree murder"

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.

(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.195

this reminds me of the time i submitted a bug to blizzard and they perma banned me for buying game time with gold.

when you see something wrong, just ignore it, otherwise you might end up dead, or even worse, banned from wow forever... on that license.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything less than 15 would be a disgrace.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s