Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Molten Core, honest predictions.

Given the info we've been privy to thus far for Classic, Molten Core seems like it could be rather tough for any Average Joe guild that isn't filled with a certain crowd of players.

(Example, not coordinating stacking World buffs as that's been confirmed to be near impossible since Onyxia buff will be only once per 12 hours, not enough Tranq shots for a perfect rotation etc)

So for sake of argument, let's assume no World Buffs of any kind is reliably feasible during Phase 1 of Classic, no one is likely to flask out side of very specific roles. How hard is early MC actually going to be for most of us?

I'd love to hear your predictions and reasons, I don't see it being as faceroll as a lot of memes make it out to be. I personally think the very early stages of Classic will be akin to Diablo 2. Yeah we know the strats, but is Duriel really that easy as a fresh level 20 Barbarian in self found blues/yellows?

Cheers!

its gonna get melted, everyone knows the strats, everyone knows where to get the gear

You actively have to provoke wipes to not progress through this raid. In other words: As long as your tanks survive the bosses drop dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its gonna get melted, everyone knows the strats, everyone knows where to get the gear
    "Everyone" yeaaa only a tiny % of classic will be private server players, like sub 1%. For everyone else they will definitely be wiping on garr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    "Everyone" yeaaa only a tiny % of classic will be private server players, like sub 1%. For everyone else they will definitely be wiping on garr.
    Less than 1% of wow classic players will be PS players? What gives you the number less than 1%, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Less than 1% of wow classic players will be PS players? What gives you the number less than 1%, and why?
    Classic is going to be incredibly popular at the start, in the millions for sure. The vast majority of PS players play on those because its free.

getting the rng to get those things to drop + having a group that will spoonfeed the gear to you would like to say hi.

even with having the gear its not as easy as watch video and instantly know the fight.

seriously . you guys are as bad as the guy on the official forums saying rag will be killed in the first week.

Classic is going to be incredibly popular at the start, in the millions for sure. The vast majority of PS players play on those because its free.
    What are you basing this on? or are you just pulling random numbers out of your ass? how do you KNOW any of this? its just an opinion, and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    getting the rng to get those things to drop + having a group that will spoonfeed the gear to you would like to say hi.

even with having the gear its not as easy as watch video and instantly know the fight.

seriously . you guys are as bad as the guy on the official forums saying rag will be killed in the first week.
    not going to be hard, any decent guild will have their 20 core decked and ready the other 20 will be the same as orginal, just what evers

What are you basing this on? or are you just pulling random numbers out of your ass? how do you KNOW any of this? its just an opinion, and nothing more.
    Why are you seemingly upset about my statement, do you expect ps players to be a majority or something lol? The point is most people playing classic will have no idea how to defeat all the bosses in MC, and wipes on garr will be very common just like it was in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If people research the mechanics, it will be easy. You guys aren't taking into account the mentality of "This is old content, therefore I don't need to be prepared" that is probably going to be prevalent with a lot of players.
    Exacttlllyy. There are mechanics that will wipe raids if you dont know what to do, those mechanics are easy to counter but you need to know them first.

- - - Updated - - -

Also its going to be hard for people to adjust to how aggro works in classic, a lot of the wipes will be from that alone. Think of all the noob wipes in MC in vanilla, all that will be repeating itself on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If people research the mechanics, it will be easy. You guys aren't taking into account the mentality of "This is old content, therefore I don't need to be prepared" that is probably going to be prevalent with a lot of players.
    It is funny seeing that on retail during timewalking, or running old raids for Tmog. ABT is an example with mythic Eonar and Aggramar.

Why are you seemingly upset about my statement, do you expect ps players to be a majority or something lol? The point is most people playing classic will have no idea how to defeat all the bosses in MC, and wipes on garr will be very common just like it was in 2006.
    Not to completely undermine your comment... but I'm going to completely undermine it. Who do you know that was still wiping on Garr in 2006?

No, the point is you are making wild claims without supporting any of it. And the core of your argument, that players will struggle, is based on another wild claim that PS players will make up less than 1% of the playerbase. I am asking for some kind of reasoning, backed up by something other than "bro, because i said so". You are using opinions as proof of opinions, supported by opinions, and presenting them as facts.

No, the point is you are making wild claims without supporting any of it. And the core of your argument, that players will struggle, is based on another wild claim that PS players will make up less than 1% of the playerbase. I am asking for some kind of reasoning, backed up by something other than "bro, because i said so". You are using opinions as proof of opinions, supported by opinions, and presenting them as facts.
    "Wild claims". Use your head dude, think about how many people play on PS's daily (probably what, 20k? 30k?) and then take that number and divide it by at least half because of the people who only play because its free and those are your numbers for classic. Meanwhile classic is going to be in the millions of active players on launch day, my sub 1% number is far from a guess.

It will be cleared couple hours after its opening. Nearly 0 mechanics with extremly easy to play classes. Heck you could easily pug it day1 and clear it.

"Wild claims". Use your head dude, think about how many people play on PS's daily (probably what, 20k? 30k?) and then take that number and divide it by at least half because of the people who only play because its free and those are your numbers for classic. Meanwhile classic is going to be in the millions of active players on launch day, my sub 1% number is far from a guess.
    A single WoW server, you know, the one that started it all for the community wanting classic, had 150k active players (800k players total). We take half that, we get 75k players--from a single server. You have no idea what you're talking about currently. You're, like arkanon said, pulling numbers out of your butt with a complete lack of evidence for any of your claims.

On topic, a few friends of mine and I have bets about how long it will take for the first guild to clear MC. His guess is 10 days from launch. Mine is 15. (Have to give leveling time) I guess we'll see where it lands haha (could be longer, but I'd have serious doubts). The game that Classic was is substantially easier than the game we have today. On the flip side, managing 40 players is a hell of a lot harder than managing 20 or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    not going to be hard, any decent guild will have their 20 core decked and ready the other 20 will be the same as orginal, just what evers
    Agreed. MC will get rolled.
    100% you'll see a larger pool of guilds having issues in BWL, AQ & Naxx later on ... but not MC.

It won't be mostly ps players, but Classic will be mostly populated by former Vanilla players.
    Highly doubt any significant amount of casuals who didn't play vanilla (which I'd imagine is the majority of subs now) are going to take the time to level a 60, let alone gear for MC.
    Literally, their 1st encounter with having to walk the Barrens from level 12 - 25 will KILL them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    A single WoW server, you know, the one that started it all for the community wanting classic, had 150k active players (800k players total). We take half that, we get 75k players--from a single server. You have no idea what you're talking about currently. You're, like arkanon said, pulling numbers out of your butt with a complete lack of evidence for any of your claims.

On topic, a few friends of mine and I have bets about how long it will take for the first guild to clear MC. His guess is 10 days from launch. Mine is 15. (Have to give leveling time) I guess we'll see where it lands haha (could be longer, but I'd have serious doubts). The game that Classic was is substantially easier than the game we have today. On the flip side, managing 40 players is a hell of a lot harder than managing 20 or less.
    Actually this is 100% on topic, and that server was shut down a long time ago. The reason this is on topic btw is this forum likes to believe classic is being made for private server players, and they are going to rule the roost. Nothing could be further from the truth. CLassic is going to be overloaded with newbies and returning players who will vastly outnumber PS players regardless of how many decide to actually buck up and pay that 15$ a month.

Whats funny about this entire thing, esfand tipsout and staysafe all agreed the PS population on classic will be tiny, let me find it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK4c8mj569k#t=1h44m40s
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2019-05-01 at 01:32 AM.

Actually this is 100% on topic, and that server was shut down a long time ago. The reason this is on topic btw is this forum likes to believe classic is being made for private server players, and they are going to rule the roost. Nothing could be further from the truth. CLassic is going to be overloaded with newbies and returning players who will vastly outnumber PS players regardless of how many decide to actually buck up and pay that 15$ a month.

Whats funny about this entire thing, esfand tipsout and staysafe all agreed the PS population on classic will be tiny, let me find it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK4c8mj569k#t=1h44m40s
    Did you just try and use someone ELSES opinion to try and support your own? Jesus man, you are just making shit up. Back up your claims with something other than "dude, trust me" or just walk away. I am not suddenly going to believe you because you say "see, look, these random youtubers kinda agree with me too!"

You have no sources, no data, no facts. NOTHING. You have a hunch. An opinion. That is all.