Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TLDR of this thread : SHIT will be wiping on SHIT(MC) - tbh it's happens till this is day in normal/hc "raiding" guilds nth new was said and i honestly fully expect that to happen..

Also i expect for PServer players to occupy 2 or 3 realms and obviously be the the absolutely most competitive ones out there, where pretty much everyone and their mother(implying they don't want to deal with tourists and awful new noobs) will go to while the rest of realms will be completely irrelevant.

MC will be cleared in a day or two after pserver guild reaches lvl 60, gets some items from dungeons and goes in there, there's legit nth to kill LUL... LFR is harder than MC.
    Last edited by Pu3Ho; 2019-05-01 at 08:55 AM.

10 - 15 Days after the release day.

There will be enough people rushing to 60. They will need 7 - 9 Days to get to 60. And those are very likely experienced priv-server players.

If they manage to fuel 2-3 tanks with good gear (high def-rating) they can kill every single boss in MC easily without relying on luck or rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its gonna get melted, everyone knows the strats, everyone knows where to get the gear
    You won't get past magmadar for the first 3-4 weeks because of tranq shot needed by hunters
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Its not going to be hard. With that said I don't really care that's the case either.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Molten Core will be cleared within the first month with all honesty. Doubt it will even be an effort, more due to specific mechanics. Why so fast? Well, you will have the more hardcore players rush to endgame content to "be first", and they are also usually the ones who will be very adept at tactics/rotations etc. So they will probably band up, and be clearing as soon as they can.

Biggest sticking block will be FR gear for Ragnaros tanks, and Tranquilising Shot for Magmadar (one per raid from Lucifron, so will need 2-3 I would say). The rest of MC is beyond a joke difficulty wise.
    There is zero value in being "first" because its not first is it? If I go and invent the wheel today can be "first"?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    You won't get past magmadar for the first 3-4 weeks because of tranq shot needed by hunters
    If Classic were launching in the same state that Vanilla was, I'd agree with you, but it's on 1.12.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The people that reach max level and get OK gear in vanilla will be equipped to easily kill the early raids. The godawful players we know and love from retail will not bother getting to lvl 10.

That's another great thing about the old lvling process, it'll weed out sucky players, or force them to not be as sucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its gonna get melted, everyone knows the strats, everyone knows where to get the gear
    Who is that everyone? I don't know strats or gear. And I'm going to main tank it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Well we should take a few things into account before we make our assumptions.

The world record for reaching 60 is ~4 days and 20 hours /played.

By today's standards, vanilla's difficulty level is laughable ( doesn't mean that it isn't grindy.) And a lot of the raid difficulty came from glitches and just impossible encounters that had to be nerfed in order to get downed.

As well as that the information regarding class builds and raid guides is vastly more available to the public. In the past half of the players had no clue how to play and how to build their spec, even inspect didn't show the spec build I believe. So you couldn't just walk to that guy with sick gear and inspect his build to copy it. And online you had nothing close to what's out there today

Obviously there's more like mobs being different from private server making them either harder or easier depending on the mob. But I feel like these 3 are the main things to consider.

Lets start with a prediction concerning when max level will be reached. So currently the record is 4 days and 21 hours /played I believe. Now I've heard of players who'll do a 24,36 and even some who plan on doing even longer sessions on launch. Wetter that's to be believed is of course up to debate, but those players will obviously reach max level first. Now lets say every player isn't gonna fuck around and do stuff that's not needed to do or have a sub optimal quest route, they'll still reach max level with the same /played. That means that players who play 12 hours a day will take 9 day, 6 hours a day is 18 days etc. I think it's fair to say that 3 weeks to even a month is fair for your more dedicated casual players to just reach max level instead of that 1 week the more hardcore crowd will need.

Now upon reaching max level the most hardcore players will not go straight to MC because they probably have a few slackers in the guild(filthy casuals) so they can farm the devilsaur/herb spawn's right away after hitting 60 to farm gold and will do that for at least half a week/week before farming their BiS gear(or do it in between if multiple guildies are 60) because raiders who go for realm or world firsts will probably spend 1k gold a week on consumables etc.

I've also heard that MC is doable without getting your BiS gear if you have all your consumables lined up and you have a group that knows what's up, but you'll be expected to wipe a bit.

Now with this in mind I expect MC to be downed for world first about roughly a week or a week and a half after launch and will be downed by the more hardcore crowd for realm firsts 2-3 weeks after launch. And I expect the average crowd to down MC like a month and a half or 2 months after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Who is that everyone? I don't know strats or gear. And I'm going to main tank it!
    With a quick google search you'll know your BiS gear and the best strat/composition going into it. And with most good pve classes having 0 complexity in terms of rotation most of them are easy to pick up, you'll do fine.

Like for me I'm not going for realm or world first, I think vanilla is awesome due to one thing and one thing only and that's the community that it makes you build due to not having certain features and being dependent on your guild. Tons of other stuff is worse then retail in my opinion but all of that doesn't really matter to have fun in an MMO as much as community does in my opinion. The toughest thing for me is deciding if I want to roll something competitive like a pure dps with 1-2 buttons or a hybrid that offers a little more engagement.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2019-05-01 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    The vast majority of PS players play on those because its free.
    And my name is Santa Clause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If people research the mechanics, it will be easy. You guys aren't taking into account the mentality of "This is old content, therefore I don't need to be prepared" that is probably going to be prevalent with a lot of players.
    What a stupid thing to do: research bosses. May be just watch them on youtube? What about wiping? What about actually learning what that boss does? I mean, that is raiding. Are you watching guides and playthroughs before playing new game?

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Molten Core seems like it could be rather tough for any Average Joe guild that isn't filled with a certain crowd of players.
    Players who make in a timely manner to Molton Core will absolutely steam roll it. "average Joes" will need months to be 60 and raidready and once they set foot into Molten Core there will be the first or even second Alt wave of cutting edge players playing with them, I don't think 40 "average Joes" will ever be together in a raid. MC will not be a problem for anyone.

Dps, is going to be higher given our understanding, at the same time, fire resist gear is likely to be an issue at times. Competent healing can only overcome so much damage. If the resist gear is there, then the bosses will fall over quickly.

but how easy is to get 40 veteran to same guild who knows all the bosses and so many old timers has quit the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    With a quick google search you'll know your BiS gear and the best strat/composition going into it. And with most good pve classes having 0 complexity in terms of rotation most of them are easy to pick up, you'll do fine.
    But I'm not going to do that quick google search. Why spoil the fun?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    But I'm not going to do that quick google search. Why spoil the fun?
    I understand that completely, vanilla is something with a definitive ending and there's no actual need to rush things. That's why I stated that I won't be going hardcore for vanilla, one I don't have the time and two I just wanna enjoy myself.

I do expect you however to look up a spec build, so you can be optimal, I mean that offers little enjoyment for yourself just frustration to others. I mean I expected that of people in a casual environment on retail so that'll be the same for me for classic.

At the end of the day all of that doesn't matter because the general point people here are trying to get across is that if you are lvl 60 and you got a bit of gear and you are willing to use all that's out there then MC is a walk in the park, because of various reasons like 0 class complexity and raid fights having like a third of the tactics you have nowadays.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2019-05-01 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Just use a shield wall when he can't be tranq and switch tank...

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    I haven't played classic WoW since classic, so I can't remember if you needed the Hydraxian rep to douse the runes in 1.12 or not.

If you don't, I'd say Ragnaros will last 2.5 weeks at most.
    There's a quest chain with the Hydraxian Waterlords that leads up to looting an item off the 4 flamewaker bosses at honoured before you get a chat option to request 1-time essences to douse a rune (you get an infinite essence at revered), guilds intending to clear on their first raid reset will farm trash & reset to get 7 people to honoured before clearing for the flamewaker quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The first group to step inside will get ‘classic first’.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    MC is very very easy. there is hardly 1 mechanics for each fight that is easily countered with brainless folks.

BWL first boss was a challenge back then.

But overall, I think vanilla raids will be swept through with ease by most guilds due to the fact that tactics are well known to everyone & ease of mechanics.
    The step up in difficulty going from mc to bwl is probably the biggest between 2 subsequent raid tiers
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©