Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expect MC to fall in the first week by hardcore players. Most guilds and early pugs will also steamroll it into the ground when they get there. 3-5 weeks in, as the masses hit 60, then we may start to see fail pugs. There's still plenty of brain dead people out there who will just stand in fire and ignore all mechanics, but MC can be 15-20 manned and those players may struggle to get into the raid in the first place. I don't expect players who refuse to learn to ever make it past MC.

The top players? They will not wipe once on any of the bosses. Because of knowledge/addons.
    The average player? Will probably wipe A LOT :P.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Did you just try and use someone ELSES opinion to try and support your own? Jesus man, you are just making shit up. Back up your claims with something other than "dude, trust me" or just walk away. I am not suddenly going to believe you because you say "see, look, these random youtubers kinda agree with me too!"

You have no sources, no data, no facts. NOTHING. You have a hunch. An opinion. That is all.
    Technically that is a Source. I get that you just got into your first year of college and your teacher has been hard on you on sources, but once you start entering theoretical matters opinions are the main form of "sources" that can be provided. there is no other way to provide a source for his claim is there? it is not a hunch, it is a theory backed by a lot of very logical thought patterns that appeals to common census.

99% of the science of psychology is based off of interview data. which is according to you not a source? like fuck off stop being a pretentious wanna be intellectual, and yes the 99% was a hyperbole it does not require a source because just liek his 1% it is meant to describe something vaguely and not meant to be a certain fact, this is very evident through the context clues of the text and any none autistic power asperger kid can see that.

My expectation is that there will be at least one truly dedicated group who push through for a ‘world first’ clear of the raids in the first week.
    Beyond that the majority of guilds will likely clear it in the next month or two and then casual guilds will begin finishing it after a few months.
    Whilst we will see wipes the average player is definitely more skilled these days and so overall clears will happen faster.

A large factor of this will be arson support. A decent threat meter, boss mod and healing ui will make these raids idiot proof.

I love the people here talking about how most will not know the fight.
    And they will be right.
    But most bosses have 1/2 mechanics max and a RL who should know the bosses can explain each one in a minute.

Magmadarr without Tranq? Heal the tank more and hope they know how to stance dance to avoid the fear.
    Or just play Alliance.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I predict: "Loot the dog!!!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    "Everyone" yeaaa only a tiny % of classic will be private server players, like sub 1%. For everyone else they will definitely be wiping on garr.
    You know the strat from Classic bosses will be one thing to watch out for, instead of the tens of things we have now for each boss. Isn't Garr thing that the adds explode on death?

"Everyone" yeaaa only a tiny % of classic will be private server players, like sub 1%. For everyone else they will definitely be wiping on garr.
    hahah the everage joe will already wipe at the 2 giants at the start

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    seriously . you guys are as bad as the guy on the official forums saying rag will be killed in the first week.
    which is not possible as you have to douse the runes so it will be WEEKS before the first people see raggy....

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    The average player? Will probably wipe A LOT :P.
    To what? Most dungeon bosses today have more mechanics than raid bosses in MC. Current players, no matter how braindead, will not wipe to "you are the bomb, get the fuck away from other people".

7+ Year Old Account
    Heh at least we have the marking ability. I remember the 10+ minute setups it took our guild prior to pull on this fight. GL having to get each group to assist on his target to get what they should focus on and them some dummy would lose it before the pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    MC will be cleared week two by groups still in quest gear.

The average guild will probably clear it in maybe month two or three. Not because it is hard, but because leveling can take a while.

The below average guilds will struggle for months. Believe me, there are plenty of people who will wipe to the trivial mechanics and struggle to field enough people to progress.

Rag will be dead within a month of launch. You'll still be floundering at level 40, bitching about the grind and group of organized no lifers will have him down and be farming for BWL.

MC will definitely be cleared easily.

The more important question is: Who can get their iceblock the highest after Garr dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Counterargument - Back then playerbase was used to games that acturally required thinking and preparation, instead of serving everything under player's nose. Specifically, back then games didn't protect players from themselves. In RPGs, you could easily fuck your character up so much it was literally impossible to progress. Nowadays not only is every decision reversible, players are blocked from making decisions that would hurt their character power in any way.

The amount of complete idiots might just as well be far higher than it ever was in vanilla.
    Yes but WoW was never this way and that is why it became so popular. WoW in the first couple expansions drew a large volume of nom-MMO players to the Genre because of the cross over of warcraft and the simplicity of the game. And this spilled into raiding where the hardest part about vanilla raiding was getting 40 players online to play. Most of the time you were golden if you could get 20-30 players who could play and could carry 10 idiots through most content. Now the current mythic(even heroic raiders) would eat through the content because they are trained to do a bit of research, maximize their characters output and know how to handle mechanics. The quality of player has increased through the simple fact they have to handle mechanics on a regular basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but you are missing one key thing here that will slow progress tremendously.

Magmadar.
    He needs tranq shots, at least 3 hunters with it iirc, to rotate due to the longer cooldown (unless it got shortened in 1.12 or before, so in which case ignore me), and if he isn't tranq'ed he can one shot tanks left, right and centre.

That is the key slow down thing here, not really gear or such.
    Yes it is bad but you will be able to cheese the first week and skip him and clear the rest(minus the last 2). Yes core hound respawns suck but it will also give guild more core leather for crafting and more gear for week 2 when you will have 2 tranq's and that should be enough.

I think that people will be ready for MC and farm all the BiS , but again we are talking about the elite players.....you dont have ZG in first phase,
    most of the pservers have ZG open with MC so it makes it so much easier to gear up and be ready for MC.

After MC thou you will be at a gate until you clear MC enough times to gear the main "core" in your guild for the next content.
    The average guys wont have 8h to play a day so good luck with clearing it with no resistance gear and some BiS items from dungeon runs.

There are not a lot of mechanics that's true but the gear gate is there, this was the main "block" on the way to clearing a raid in vanilla times.
    Some people will go and wipe fest because of the "resistance gear" no one in retail wow even know what resistance gear is or how important it is ..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be a clusterfuck initially. Anyone thinking otherwise underestimates how the game worked back then. Even knowing the strats and how each boss works does not account for how itemization was back then and how abilities worked. Not to say people won't be able to handle it but the average person is going to get crushed on their first night.

I could be totally wrong and may be underestimating people but I just think people are picturing the current live game and how it works and not remembering that classes just did not work like that back then.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    hahah the everage joe will already wipe at the 2 giants at the start

- - - Updated - - -

which is not possible as you have to douse the runes so it will be WEEKS before the first people see raggy....
    You need 1 person at revered to get the water.
    You can get that before even going to MC.
    you then put a warlock and 2 alts on the island in Azshara and summon this person back and forth to douse the runes.

That's how we did it on live during vanilla ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its gonna get melted, everyone knows the strats, everyone knows where to get the gear
    HAHAHA!! Joke of the day.

Was you around for the 10 years aniversary?? It was a wipe fest of epic proportions.. And that was with player abilities that didn't even exist in Vanilla. It was with proper itemization.

It was scaled down to level 60, you everyone was still in epic gear with the stats to match. In Vanilla, next to none had epic gear when the delved into MC..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    It's gonna be a clusterfuck initially. Anyone thinking otherwise underestimates how the game worked back then. Even knowing the strats and how each boss works does not account for how itemization was back then and how abilities worked. Not to say people won't be able to handle it but the average person is going to get crushed on their first night.

I could be totally wrong and may be underestimating people but I just think people are picturing the current live game and how it works and not remembering that classes just did not work like that back then.
    Your right. hitting Frostbolt until the boss is dead is beyond most people.
    Because on more then half the bosses that is literally all you had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Geran View Post
    You know that shield wall used to have a 30 min cd, dont you?
    That's why i said switch tank, so that the next one can use shield wall on the next non tranq frenzy. Tho to be fair even without shield wall it should still be healable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    To what? Most dungeon bosses today have more mechanics than raid bosses in MC. Current players, no matter how braindead, will not wipe to "you are the bomb, get the fuck away from other people".
    I expect most wipe of casual players to be on trash. It only take one asspull to wipe the entire raid.