Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 82 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Except, again, it's an alternate timeline so you are drawing inaccurate conclsions. You can't change the past, per the explicitly stated time travel rules presented in the movie. Also, it's more likely to assume he still did the Captain America thing in the alternate timeline than he didn't since, after all, he had a shield to pass to Sam.
    ? And Loki ?

That's something that changed in 2010s timeline. You can perfectly impact other timelines. It won't affect your original one, that's what the Ancient One said, but while remaining in this timeline, you can perfectly fuck it up. 2010s and 2014s timeline ARE fucked up now, even though we'll never get to see the proportions (unless we have spin-offs).

What I meant is that even though it's not Cap's original timeline, it's HIGHLY unlikely he doesn't give a fuck about billions of people being slaughtered. Especially if he knows how to prevent everything from happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I hope they don't change his personality at the very least. I'll have to rewatch Ultron but I didn't care for Thor in Thor 1 and 2. Liked him since Ragnorak
    Not sure if spoiler, but... yeah, Age of Ultron was where Thor noticeably loosened up quite a bit (party and after-party Mjolnir scenes), but at times it felt forced (stalling Ultron so that Vision could Mjolnir him in the face). The 'Team Thor' shorts with Darryl was a giddy side treat. It's nice to be excited for the future of a character I never really cared about.

Oh! Even though it raised a lot of questions, Cap getting his happy ending as we faded to black got a double thumbs up from me. He's another character I never thought I'd care about, but I was solidly Team Cap since The First Avenger. Best trilogy in the MCU.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    ? And Loki ?

That's something that changed in 2010s timeline. You can perfectly impact other timelines. It won't affect your original one, that's what the Ancient One said, but while remaining in this timeline, you can perfectly fuck it up. 2010s and 2014s timeline ARE fucked up now, even though we'll never get to see the proportions (unless we have spin-offs).
    Yes, they're spinoffs, divergent timelines, alternate timelines or somesuch terminology. The past isn't screwed up, but rather new timelines branched off into existence.

The question is how much gets undone by the return of the stones and/or the timing of those returnings. But that's an entirely different discussion

For example, is the Loki that escaped with the space stone now out there somewhere in an alternate timeline or did the act of returning just the mind stone to that point in time unweave all that? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    What I meant is that even though it's not Cap's original timeline, it's HIGHLY unlikely he doesn't give a fuck about billions of people being slaughtered. Especially if he knows how to prevent everything from happening.
    Agree with you. I think the fact that he has a shield to pass to Sam when he comes back to the main timeline is evidence that he did assorted superhero things in that alternate timeline too.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Whatever you say champ and yes she is, suck up to her all you like it won't change how people feel about her and she's very unlikable to me also accusing me of not being a woman, how grown up of you.
    Yawn. Your lies are boring.

What exactly do you think she did?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I like Captain Marvel and she kicked ass in this movie. Great person and actress. She’s really a person behind the scenes.
    She was to powerful for the narrative so they had to put her on a bus for the majority of the film. It makes me wonder what they will do with her going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    She was to powerful for the narrative so they had to put her on a bus for the majority of the film. It makes me wonder what they will do with her going forward.
    Honestly, that felt pointless. I was expecting her to play a major role with all the hype behind her character being the strongest Avenger and all that shit.

I didn't like the "there are too many planets in this universe to save" excuse she was throwing around, it's one of the only things I didn't like about the movie. Other than that it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Honestly, that felt pointless. I was expecting her to play a major role with all the hype behind her character being the strongest Avenger and all that shit.

I didn't like the "there are too many planets in this universe to save" excuse she was throwing around, it's one of the only things I didn't like about the movie. Other than that it was great.
    I'm glad she didn't. It would have been a distraction from the OG heroes. Shes the future of the MCU so I'm glad let the OG heroes shine one last time.

I'm glad she didn't. It would have been a distraction from the OG heroes. Shes the future of the MCU so I'm glad let the OG heroes shine one last time.
    That's a good point, I agree. I wish the would have found a better way to do that though, perhaps a few scenes about what she was doing which could hint at what's coming next? IDK. I'm guessing Secret Invasions is next, right?

She got one punched out of the scene, never to be seen again until the cameo funeral appearance.

In reality... you could take the scenes she was in entirely out and the film not miss a beat.

Worst part was the feminist shot where peter says: "How are you going to take gauntlet to the van all alone?" and all fo (and only the) female avengers assemble to say "She's not alone" So out of place and ridiculous.

I hope they announce an all female avengers movie... aka A-Force with Brie Larson leading the way. I think a very clear message would be received by Disney. With the response sounding like crickets and I don't mean Jimminy.

I thought all the other female roles portrayed strong, independent women.

It made sense to me. The snap affected the entire universe, Earth wouldn't be the only planet reeling, so it made sense as an interstellar hero to not just be focusing on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I hope they announce an all female avengers movie... aka A-Force with Brie Larson leading the way. I think a very clear message would be received by Disney. With the response sounding like crickets and I don't mean Jimminy.
    As per usual, you find a way to be as incorrect as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing they can do with her is. She has probably never got beaten before, and Thanos did knock her out with the power stone. So maybe she will start doubting her powers and we get that kind of a story? We don't even know when the sequel is coming, maybe it is 2 years away, maybe it's more.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good point, I agree. I wish the would have found a better way to do that though, perhaps a few scenes about what she was doing which could hint at what's coming next? IDK. I'm guessing Secret Invasions is next, right?
    Why would secret invasion be next?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Do you guys think we're gonna see X-Men in Phase 4 or Phase 5?
    Earliest, end of phase 4. They just got the rights and will be theirs forever. No need to rush it.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    As per usual, you find a way to be as incorrect as possible.
    Based on what? Your political leanings? Feminist films have been terrible ideas financially in the last few years, and money doesn't care about your ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Why didn't Black Widow and Hawkeye know the details regarding the soul stone? Did Nebula seriously not tell them? I thought that was common knowledge by then.
    In the movie, Nebula said "There is were Thanos killed Gamora". She knew he killed her there beause once he returned she wasn't with him anymore.
    She had no idea he had sacreficed her to get the stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    It made sense to me. The snap affected the entire universe, Earth wouldn't be the only planet reeling, so it made sense as an interstellar hero to not just be focusing on earth.
    It does makes sense, but it wasn't shown properly to the audience is what I'm trying to say. It end up feeling cheap, because we never really see what she's dealing with other than a few short lines.

Loved the movie, but we really needed a smal deadpool cameo at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Why would secret invasion be next?
    Considering Skrulls are seemingly starting to be introduced (Captain Marvel mostly) it seems that's where they're heading.

That or something coming out of the new Fox deal Disney acquired. I'd LOVE to either see a Skrull Invasion arc in the MCU, maybe Doom, Mephisto, etc. Also, can they include Venom after the latest deal? Would be interesting to see a Spider-man movie with an MCU Venom now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Based on what? Your political leanings? Feminist films have been terrible ideas financially in the last few years, and money doesn't care about your ideology.
    Wow, I feel like I haven't seen a white knight in quite some time. Nice to meet you. I'm sure the two of you can rent out a theater together to confirm your biases though.

It does makes sense, but it wasn't shown properly to the audience is what I'm trying to say. It end up feeling cheap, because we never really see what she's dealing with other than a few short lines.
    Fair criticism, and I'd argue there are several Capt Marvel story bits that could have been more fleshed out in the film. I suspect the reality is that since this was filmed before her solo film, she was deliberately used sparingly in Endgame.

While people discuss some part of the plot, there is one part that trouble me since I saw it, I don't know if someone brought it up before, but was Tony snap really that necessary. Thanos invasion was already getting their ass handled, their ship was down, they were outnumbered, impossible to get backup and a fraction of the Avenger already kicked their ass in Infinity War, no reason they couldn't do same again. Just make Stark fly as far away as he can, and using the nano gauntlet to shield him from the effect of the gems, if they could insta steal them from the first gauntlet, no reason they could encase them safely
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Do not derail another thread debating about Brie Larson. This will be the only warning.