Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie SPIDERMAN™: FAR FROM HOME

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)

Rotten Tomatoes:
    Box Office:

Keep spoilers in Spoiler Tags.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-06-30 at 04:42 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Not sure how this one will go after Endgame and if anyone will bother seeing it. I'm not all interested in Spiderman anymore since he's still young but I do hope the end credits feature the next big bad.
    Spiderman is the most popular Marvel character and basically every scene he's been in the MCU people have lost their shit. Of course people are going to see it. I don't know if it's going to do as well as Endgame, but it'll probably pull Black Panther/Captain Marvel numbers.

It’s going to be really weird and will of course either do one of three things.

1.) ignore the ramifications of Endgame because this movie was already in production at the same time Endgame was.
    2.) Will be a prequel to Infinity War despite what the directors said (MCU is notorious for misdirecting fans)
    3.) Will pick up after Endgame, will acknowledge the events of endgame for maybe one scene or so then go back to being a fun happy Spider-Man movie. Because it’s Spider-Man.

Spoilers for Endgame ahead.

There wasn’t some magical time reversal in the end. 5 years have passed. Half the world has moved on. Black Widow says in the first act many countries are collapsing, with the rest trying to pick up the pieces. She even name drops Europe specifically. Half of Peter’s classmates will be 5 years older. Millions of people will have died. It’s a lot of shit to just casually mention then move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Spiderman is the most popular Marvel character and basically every scene he's been in the MCU people have lost their shit. Of course people are going to see it. I don't know if it's going to do as well as Endgame, but it'll probably pull Black Panther/Captain Marvel numbers.
    I know he is. I just am not a fan of teenage Parker. I like college parker because there’s more lore and partners like Mary Jane, Harry, Black Cat, Moon Knight and Miles Morales. Then we’ll have Kingpin, Dr. Doom, Hobgoblin, Carnage, Venom, Electro.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    3.) Will pick up after Endgame, will acknowledge the events of endgame for maybe one scene or so then go back to being a fun happy Spider-Man movie. Because it’s Spider-Man.
    Probably the most likely situation. They have a history of referencing past events briefly, and then moving on. I guess I could see it as a minor sideplot somewhere.

Unless...

I could see it as being the origin of the movie's main villain. Maybe the events of Endgame were what brought them into the picture somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't shake the feeling that it might suffer a bit from movie-goer fatigue. This is Disney year and they taking everyone for everything. Also think you meant Captain Marvel numbers though. Black Panther did a lot more domestic and worldwide than Captain Marvel.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Spoilers for Endgame ahead.

There wasn’t some magical time reversal in the end. 5 years have passed. Half the world has moved on. Black Widow says in the first act many countries are collapsing, with the rest trying to pick up the pieces. She even name drops Europe specifically. Half of Peter’s classmates will be 5 years older. Millions of people will have died. It’s a lot of shit to just casually mention then move on.
    Based on the trailers, nearly every main character from Homecoming is all the same age. That means they were all snapped, which is painfully convenient. It was already convenient that the OG Avengers were all unsnapped, but this is just unecessary.

It’s going to be really weird and will of course either do one of three things.

1.) ignore the ramifications of Endgame because this movie was already in production at the same time Endgame was.
    2.) Will be a prequel to Infinity War despite what the directors said (MCU is notorious for misdirecting fans)
    Feige's recent statements make it clear that it is post Endgame.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only good Spider-Man movies were the first ones with Tobey, the other ones are just shit, no matter what they tried.

And homecomming was just bad in any regard.

I know he is. I just am not a fan of teenage Parker. I like college parker because there’s more lore and partners like Mary Jane, Harry, Black Cat, Moon Knight and Miles Morales. Then we’ll have Kingpin, Dr. Doom, Hobgoblin, Carnage, Venom, Electro.
    Black Cat is post college.
    Moon Knight is not really a frequent partner of Spider-Man. They don't actually get along that well. Daredevil is Spidey's go-to guy for team ups.
    Miles Morales is way post-college. Also, originally from an alternate universe where Peter "died" before Miles was Spider-Man. And that Peter was still in High School.
    Kingpin, Electro and Doom were around even in Peter's High School years. Carnage and Venom are post College.

You aren't overly impressing me with your knowledge of Spider-Man lore. Seems like you got most of it from the 90's animated series and Into the Spider-Verse.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    The only good Spider-Man movies were the first ones with Tobey, the other ones are just shit, no matter what they tried.

You're definitely in the minority on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Based on the trailers, nearly every main character from Homecoming is all the same age. That means they were all snapped, which is painfully convenient. It was already convenient that the OG Avengers were all unsnapped, but this is just unecessary.
    I mean, what is it? Parker, Ned, MJ, and Flash? The odds of all 4 dying aren't really that unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I mean, what is it? Parker, Ned, MJ, and Flash? The odds of all 4 dying aren't really that unlikely.
    It's more than 4. From the first teaser Betty was there too. Besides, the odds of at least one surviving is far higher.

My assumption is that the actual trailer will paint a far different picture, and was purposefully held to release after Endgame so it doesn't spoil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Black Cat is post college.
    Moon Knight is not really a frequent partner of Spider-Man. They don't actually get along that well. Daredevil is Spidey's go-to guy for team ups.
    Miles Morales is way post-college. Also, originally from an alternate universe where Peter "died" before Miles was Spider-Man. And that Peter was still in High School.
    Kingpin, Electro and Doom were around even in Peter's High School years. Carnage and Venom are post College.

You aren't overly impressing me with your knowledge of Spider-Man lore. Seems like you got most of it from the 90's animated series and Into the Spider-Verse.
    Miles is a shitty char in every regard bcs they stated that they had to kill Peter so that he would be somewhat succesfull.

They could have that way, way way better but no they had to kill of Peter and then afte rhe was dead had Miles done the suit, when before he was shitting his pants alone by thinking of that.

Had they let him try to get into contact with Peter bcs he wanted to get help regarding his powers and then the 2 of them would have teamed up and THEN Peter would have died after the fight where Miles would have been unable to help him that would have been superior in any regard.

this is the way i see it.

toby's spiderman is the most true to that 90's spiderman cartoon i loved.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're definitely in the minority on that one.
    I have no problem with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miles is a shitty char in every regard bcs they stated that they had to kill Peter so that he would be somewhat succesfull.

They could have that way, way way better but no they had to kill of Peter and then afte rhe was dead had Miles done the suit, when before he was shitting his pants alone by thinking of that.

Had they let him try to get into contact with Peter bcs he wanted to get help regarding his powers and then the 2 of them would have teamed up and THEN Peter would have died after the fight where Miles would have been unable to help him that would have been superior in any regard.
    It's the Ultimate verse Peter. They were all edgy asshole version of the main continuity anyway so it's all good.

Not sure how this one will go after Endgame and if anyone will bother seeing it. I'm not all interested in Spiderman anymore since he's still young but I do hope the end credits feature the next big bad.
    Why do you say it like that? One of the most successful movies of all time was released last week and you don't think that people will want to see some followup? The vast majority loved this movie and will definitely want to see more.

Also the vast majority loved Spiderman: Homecoming and would want to just see more of Spiderman.

10+ Year Old Account

This and /thread

Just watched Homecoming, was bad, then watched the new trailer and it was even worse.But hey, teenagers are going to like it I bet. I am just too old I think
    Last edited by Micronetic; 2019-05-02 at 12:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    This and /thread

Just watched Homecoming, was bad, then watched the new trailer and it was even worse.But hey, teenagers are going to like it I bet. I am just too old I think
    I´m glad to see some othe rpeople with the same opinion on that refard, sadly it seems like we´re a minority.

And yeah i also think i´m to old for that shit.