Raid Prep Time for Different Classes

Do rogues have less prep time because they don't use mana potions and there isn't even an agility flask?

Also if you like you can sort these by how much tryhard it takes to "pull your weight":

(Also, I don't really feel like arguing about what a viable spec is in this thread. If you wanna do that put it in one of the 15 threads that already exist, such as this one: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...full-Naxx-gear)

Prot Warrior (Gear farm, repairs)
    Fury Warrior
    Holy Paladin (Mana Pots, Symbols)
    Resto Shaman
    Hunter (Ammo, Mana Pots?)
    Rogue (Thistle Tea)
    Resto Druid (Mana Pots)
    Holy Priest (Mana Pots)
    Warlock (Shard farm)
    Mage (Conjuring food)
    Ret Paladin (Mana Runes)
    Prot Paladin (Mana Runes?)
    Elemental Shaman (Mana Runes)
    Enhancement Shaman
    Cat Druid (Gnomeregan Mace)
    Bear Druid
    Balance Druid (Mana Runes)
    Shadow Priest (Mana Runes)

Chances are I'm not even gonna raid much, I farmed Molten Core enough 15 years ago to last a lifetime. I kinda want to do a holy priest but I'm not sure I really want to farm mana potions just so I can cancel cast all day long. Thinking I might just do a rogue and raid with a movie playing in the background.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2019-05-01 at 02:56 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Oh. Uh. Er. Huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm uh.. not entirely sure what those two categories actually represent, but prep time is generally the same across the board.
    Rogue might not have to farm for agil flasks, but you need Flash Powder for Vanish for example, so there's an extra goldsink for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you say you didn't want to have this discussion, but you created two categories and as far as I can tell the difference between them is that only Category 1 actually exists while the other is imaginary.
    /s

Removed the categories.

I also should mention when I raided vanilla my guild didn't really know about downranking so I was always cancel casting but not spamming a lower ranked heal. But is healing as a priest require constantly mashing GH4?

Although I kinda disagree with farming the same across the board. Isn't feral (Gnomer maces) and boomkin (mana runes) way worse than the rest?
    Last edited by garicasha; 2019-04-30 at 09:28 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Removed the categories.

But is healing as a priest require constantly mashing GH4?
    All healing classes will be spamming various ranks of their direct heal most of the time (if they know what they are doing), with the exception of the shammy, which will spam chain heal. Paladins and shammies are slightly more complicated with totems, judgments and buffs... but healing was very simplistic. The real challenge was properly managing your mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    The real challenge was properly managing your mana.
    Nothing special about managing mana, you normaly were assigned to another heal to team up and while one was healing the other could use MP5/spirit/manatide etc.
    The hard part was allways the pre-farming for all those consumables you had to eat constantly midfight to last till the next MP5 break.
    @garicasha
    Hunter is way more chill in raids and you will most likely never die in a whole raid day. The cheap ammunition was used by most hunters and that was nothing compared to the rogue rep costs, poison mats/vanish/blind leaf/T-tea (expensive AF).

If you get just an average tank, it will just mean autoattacking with feint, while hoping the idiot warrior in your group doesnt turn the boss in your face with his 100% comming suicide.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Hunter is way more chill in raids and you will most likely never die in a whole raid day. The cheap ammunition was used by most hunters and that was nothing compared to the rogue rep costs, poison mats/vanish/blind leaf/T-tea (expensive AF).
    Hunters will want to farm AV rep for the Ice Threaded Arrow, you get it at honored.

5+ Year Old Account
    What reagents will a Paladin need to keep on them and for what spells?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I'm uh.. not entirely sure what those two categories actually represent, but prep time is generally the same across the board.
    Rogue might not have to farm for agil flasks, but you need Flash Powder for Vanish for example, so there's an extra goldsink for them.
    to quote World of Roguecraft, 'those 25 copper flash powders really add up, huh."
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    to quote World of Roguecraft, 'those 25 copper flash powders really add up, huh."
    I'm glad someone caught the reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I think Vanish Powder required Fade leaf, which wasn't cheap. And poisons were all made with vendor bought reagents, but had 50 charges, never lasted the full time, and added up over time for sure.

Actually, looks like it was Blind that needed it. Weird that the ability that makes you "fade" didn't use fade leaf.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-05-02 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I think Vanish Powder required Fade leaf, which wasn't cheap. And poisons were all made with vendor bought reagents, but had 50 charges, never lasted the full time, and added up over time for sure.
    The rank 1 poisons had about 50 charges but the higher ones had a lot more and would last the full 30 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post

Actually, looks like it was Blind that needed it. Weird that the ability that makes you "fade" didn't use fade leaf.
    I have long wondered if Fadeleaf was originally intended to be the reagent for vanish - but would end up inhibiting use of vanish generally if done that way even at a high convert ratio fadeleaf - vanishing powder. The name symmetry seems too close to be coincidence.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.