Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That'll never happen though. They're not going to add 12 new specs. This whole post is thread is nothing but a pipe dream.

And honestly, there would be more people pissed off if they changed the way a spec worked, look at Survival, it's almost universally hated by the hunter community.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ter-is-a-blast!

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Yes, there is a small portion of people who do like it, I didn't say EVERYONE hated it. Most of us want old survival back.

That can be hunter 4th spec, give us survival back.

That'll never happen though. They're not going to add 12 new specs. This whole post is thread is nothing but a pipe dream.

And honestly, there would be more people pissed off if they changed the way a spec worked, look at Survival, it's almost universally hated by the hunter community.
    But Outlaw and Demo didn't get the same treatment. I think I agree with not being a problem with the spec but the community (the hunters specifically not liking the change to melee).
    I personally prefer new SV. The former was in a weird place in terms of gameplay and theme.
    But maybe they can try to revert it back and focus it on traps and gadgets, and move melee survival to a new class.

For example, they could combine survival and fury warr into a Wilder class. Fury warrior theme is basically The Berserker, and leather/mail would fit better than plate, honestly.

Also, I can't see how to make a complete class with what we currently have of Dark Rangers and Necromancers. They barely make a single spec in terms of theme, and if they somehow add them someday, they'll have the DH treatment (they pulled the tank spec out of a hat).

Whats even more problematic is that DKs fill the niche of necromancers. The problem is that, imho, UH DK should have been more like Diablo Necro: dual handed + melee-midcaster + summoning undead, while Frost should have been the 2h, like a pseudo-Lich King.
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2019-05-02 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would prefer that they add a class that offers unique concepts and abilities, and has no need to take abilities from existing classes.

This why I prefer the Tinker over other concepts.
    I have not seen a single tinker concept that is a completely fleshed out spec, let alone a completely fleshed out class, let alone offering anything unique at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post

Also, I can't see how to make a complete class with what we currently have of Dark Rangers and Necromancers. They barely make a single spec in terms of theme, and if they somehow add them someday, they'll have the DH treatment (they pulled the tank spec out of a hat).

Whats even more problematic is that DKs fill the niche of necromancers. The problem is that, imho, UH DK should have been more like Diablo Necro: dual handed + melee-midcaster + summoning undead, while Frost should have been the 2h, like a pseudo-Lich King.
    This x 10 is what i am saying. Each class / spec they add thins out the other classes more and more. I would like to see some new blood in the game, but i would like to see them adapt and change the existing game.

Change scares people. Although the unlock process for allied races has caused a lot of frustration (and i agree) they have succeeded in adding new subraces to the game. Races that dont deserve the FULL new race treatment, but there is still demand for them - thinking mostly dark iron dwarves and moosecows. This is a way for Blizzard to introduce some of the popular ideas for classes, without the pressure to create and entirely new class from scratch, with multiple specs and roles.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because Blizzard would never do anything even remotely close to this. Well, other than allied races which is almost identical in every way.

Yes, there is a small portion of people who do like it, I didn't say EVERYONE hated it. Most of us want old survival back.

i quit my hunter ever since it went melee. whoever thought hunters needed melee spec is an idiot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i quit my hunter ever since it went melee. whoever thought hunters needed melee spec is an idiot.
    Except melee beastmasters are a thing in like every RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I have not seen a single tinker concept that is a completely fleshed out spec, let alone a completely fleshed out class, let alone offering anything unique at all.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pt-2018-(long)

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Archer for Paladin? I never really thought of it that way. Maybe a spellbreaker type class with 2x shields. I think an archer monk using chi and wind arrows would be cool.
    This is what I imagine. You can have all kinds of archers but this specific one is the one that I want the most

10+ Year Old Account
    Gladiator Spec for warriors, propely tuned as DPS spec so people would drop the bullshit that they had to deal with WoD "lul gladiator stance is just a mode to allow tanks to do more damage while they level/do dailies herp derp"

Do that blizzard, and ill never ever think about changing mains again

you know FULL WELL where half those ideas come from, or you are just being very disingenuous. Lets make something VERY clear though - it is absolutely still just copies of abilities already in the game - slight iterations on existing abilities altered to fit the tinker theme - they dont bring anything new to the table, and are not a fully fleshed out class - there is really only one SPECS worth of abilities there, not 3. And the irony? This is YOUR last comment in that thread "I then combine the class concept's concept and combine it with similar abilities you find in existing classes with similar specs. "

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    Gladiator Spec for warriors, propely tuned as DPS spec so people would drop the bullshit that they had to deal with WoD "lul gladiator stance is just a mode to allow tanks to do more damage while they level/do dailies herp derp"

Do that blizzard, and ill never ever think about changing mains again
    I really enjoyed Glad - mained it until it got boring for me personally, but thats me, not the spec. I had high hopes they would add crusader for pally next, but sadly, it was not to be.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-05-02 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id be open to Shaman tanks. Put some threat generation element into Lightning Shield, lightning bolt works like it does for Enhancement except with threat, rock bitter becomes its Devastate etc

you know FULL WELL where half those ideas come from, or you are just being very disingenuous. Lets make something VERY clear though - it is absolutely still just copies of abilities already in the game - slight iterations on existing abilities altered to fit the tinker theme - they dont bring anything new to the table, and are not a fully fleshed out class - there is really only one SPECS worth of abilities there, not 3. And the irony? This is YOUR last comment in that thread "I then combine the class concept's concept and combine it with similar abilities you find in existing classes with similar specs. "
    Don't bother, this is Teriz, he has zero ability when it comes to abstract thinking. To him plonking down a turrent that auto attacks with some ranged cast every x seconds is a revolutionary concept over summoning some add that stands still and casts something every x seconds. To most people it's the same thing just with a different graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    This is what I imagine. You can have all kinds of archers but this specific one is the one that I want the most
    I don't play LoL, but looking at a spotlight, it looks like a normal MM hunter, just with "light" visuals. That's one way to go in the future: custom visuals for specs.

About Dark Rangers, the idea I have Blizzard could go is something similar to Diablo Demon Hunters. We don't have that kind of gameplay, I think.
    It would be a mid range glass cannon with high mobility. Needs to keep distance, but keep attacking the target or need to start building up dmg from the start.
    They could do one spec lean towards the ranger aspect (shadow arrows, rolling away, etc.), and the other spec towards the magical aspect (ghost attack, mind control, etc.).

Another problem with Dark Rangers is that they are exclusive for the Horde. I don't see banshees joining the Alliance in the near future. They could bend the lore to fit it into the alliance with lightbound undead, and make a Bright Ranger, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've thought of this too.

Some classes would be ideal for a 4th spec (or merge two existing the add a new 3rd)

Here's some ideas:

DK = Necromancer (RDPS)
    Warlock = Blood Magic (Heal)
    Warlock = Possession (Tank)
    Mage = Chronomancy (Heal)
    Mage = Spellbreaking (Tank)
    Paladin = Inquisition (RDPS)
    Hunter = Dark Ranger (RDPS)
    Rogue = Bard (Heal)
    Rogue = Swashbuckler (Tank)

Shaman = complete rework
    Air - MDPS
    Fire - RDPS (or vice versa)
    Water - Heal
    Earth - Tank

10+ Year Old Account
    you know FULL WELL where half those ideas come from, or you are just being very disingenuous.
    Where do those ideas come from?

Lets make something VERY clear though - it is absolutely still just copies of abilities already in the game - slight iterations on existing abilities altered to fit the tinker theme - they dont bring anything new to the table, and are not a fully fleshed out class - there is really only one SPECS worth of abilities there, not 3. And the irony? This is YOUR last comment in that thread "I then combine the class concept's concept and combine it with similar abilities you find in existing classes with similar specs. "
    Keep in mind that I utilized existing mechanics to avoid the argument that Blizzard could never implement the concepts I mentioned into the game. The interesting thing is that even when utilizing existing mechanics the abilities were still unique and different than any other class in the game. Which is why unlike the other concepts you mentioned in the OP, the Tinker can't be completely linked to any existing classes.

I am unaware of any class that pilots a vehicle into combat, drops turrets, can upgrade said turrets, picks up resources after those turrets have expired, can self destruct their vehicle, etc.

However, I do appreciate your (ignorant) opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-05-02 at 01:31 PM.

Turn Arcane into melee mage battle wizard where basically you have to do all your abilities in melee, but instead of slicing its constant throwing meteors, balls, waves, orbs, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

This.
    I even enjoy playing the new Survival but if I had the choice, I'd always choose the old Survival in a heartbeat.
    Mained it from WotLK to WoD, dropped it in the revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Don't bother, this is Teriz, he has zero ability when it comes to abstract thinking. To him plonking down a turrent that auto attacks with some ranged cast every x seconds is a revolutionary concept over summoning some add that stands still and casts something every x seconds. To most people it's the same thing just with a different graphic.
    This is my point exactly - by his own admission, they are essentially all just reskinned abilities that already exist in game. How you can not draw the parallel between totems (which were removed because the majority of players found them boring), and turrets. Adding another layers to a concept that has already been tried and failed isnt revolutionary, its backward and bad for the game.

I love the idea of a tinker, but there is barely enough original thought there to pull together ONE full fleshed out spec, let alone 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewshine View Post
    How dull. I hope you are being silly.
    I just find dirt tanking to be silly. The amount of dirt you'd need to be properly protected would be ridiculous. Better off just wearing steel plate armor instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I just find dirt tanking to be silly. The amount of dirt you'd need to be properly protected would be ridiculous. Better off just wearing steel plate armor instead.
    Dirt tanking would be silly if Warcraft was ever considered serious. You can't call this ridiculous if you expect steel plate to protect anyone from giant demons and god-beasts. It never was about being serious, otherwise they wouldn't let a bear with bristly fur be a competant Tank.