View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Marked all of them and can add 5 times more. It still amazes me that some ppl want to play classic at all xd ( an instance taking 4 hours to complete because of random dcs, rage quiting, ninja looting, being lost before finding the entrance to the dungeon xd and much more )
    From the boldened line, I'm assuming you're not going to play Classic. In this case, why did you even bother to vote, considering I asked in my OP that those who aren't interested in playing Classic abstained from voting.

No AoE looting. It's not that big of a deal, and I guess there is an argument to be made that looting one enemy at a time gives a better RPG feel, but there's no denying the tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    From the boldened line, I'm assuming you're not going to play Classic. In this case, why did you even bother to vote, considering I asked in my OP that those who aren't interested in playing Classic abstained from voting.
    I will play it on alliance side from time to time but wont treat it as a main game, played only horde since 1.9, dont know any alliance quests/cities past lvl 20, will be a fresh experience for me. ( Dwarf priest ofc bcuz Fear Ward, and i fookin loved downranking xd )

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for

Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;
    and
    Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

The second one was a minor inconvenience I was happy to see change, though I understand it.
    The first was a major inconvenience because people would just spam click a node when you were in the middle of mining it to try and steal stuff away even though you had already tagged it and I hated that shit.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    No AoE looting. It's not that big of a deal, and I guess there is an argument to be made that looting one enemy at a time gives a better RPG feel, but there's no denying the tedium.
    Arguments says not much about RPG component, but about place and time: and they are quite important in those categories both for farming and direct combat dynamics. If you want a little more ex., then: it takes a certain time to search and loot corpses, and if there is patrol (time) and nearby enemies (place) then AOE looting allows unfairly solution of these problems, which means it affects gameplay and experience (certain actions - setting priorities and control on situation, etc.)... and this, before your eyes, just became "a big of a deal". Does reasoning is clear?

As for the topic itself, if I can somehow complain about something, then only that all of the above is not “current” version, therefore, I abstained from voting and topic isn't interesting to me in principle (not that absolutely all of this is requirement, but it certainly doesn't seem to me to be a particular hindrance (at least if concern not content, but gameplay elements)... well, and also a little to dilute general idyll here )
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Meh.
    /10chars
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-02 at 06:49 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

7+ Year Old Account
    I chose no transmog.

It'll be hard after retail to go back to mitch-match-bonanza lol

What I am looking forward to (amongst a lot of other things) are the Hunters pets needs to be kept happy (and how to train them new abilities and ranks), made you care more for your pet :-)

40 man raiding tbh, it should be 10 or 25

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    and this, before your eyes, just became "a big of a deal". Does reasoning is clear?
    Meh.
    /10chars
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-05-03 at 09:54 AM. Reason: seriously though, it was a pretty good point

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I voted for

and
    Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

The second one was a minor inconvenience I was happy to see change, though I understand it.
    The first was a major inconvenience because people would just spam click a node when you were in the middle of mining it to try and steal stuff away even though you had already tagged it and I hated that shit.
    Going for the same node is considered rude and is one of the reasons a player ends up in my ignore list. Fortunately, you probably will get all the loot by spamming RMB unless the bugger is very lucky with the timing and start the mining just before your mouse click.

Players from opposing faction are ofc an exception. It's a normal competitive situation and on PvP realm node wars often escalates into wPvP.

unless you are a mage most classes cant AoE effectively, surprised to see aoe looting up there when MOST classes will be killing 1-2 mobs at a time

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    AoE looting is a pretty big one for me, I hate having to loot each and every mob individually. The one thing that really kills it for me are the older graphics. I love the way the game currently looks. Going back to older models is really going to suck as well.

I'll actually enjoy most of the things in this list. While many of them can be a bit annoying at times, they add flavour to the game.
    Most of the things they "improved" over time and seemed great back then, collectively added to the game becoming dull.

I'll miss AoE looting though. I forgot that we didn't always have this.

The wait, urgh. The uncertainty about how / when etc. That's defitely the one thing I dislike the most.

That said, respec costs are pretty nasty too. 1hour mail between your own chars is a minor annoyance as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    A lot of that list is quality of life changes that have resulted in retail being a very different game to classic. It's my biggest issue with retail that its barely an RPG anymore. Every change made makes the world seem smaller, your character less fleshed out and more simple. I cant wait to pick a class and a tree and be a combat rogue who uses daggers and brews his own poisons and has max lock picking skills in a world that feels massive. This wont appeal to everyone and thats why the changes happened in the first place, I dont even think any of the changes are bad on their own, just when you add them all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    No AoE looting (talk about a great QOL adjustment), multitagging, the old character models with no option to use the high-res ones, mail between guildies taking an hour, and no transmog are all stuff I'll miss when playing Classic, but none of them individually or altogether are close to a deal breaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    AoE looting is a pretty big one for me, I hate having to loot each and every mob individually. The one thing that really kills it for me are the older graphics. I love the way the game currently looks. Going back to older models is really going to suck as well.
    The one thing that AoE looting really helped with, imo, was when mob corpses stacked on top of one another, making it irritating to pixel-hunt until you target the proper corpse to loot it after you've gotten the 1-3 others looted.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No lfd lfr, going to be slow getting groups at random times.

Along with the lack of Dual spec (as someone wanting to PvP, but needing to PvE to get gear) it's a bit of a pain, but workable.

The main thing I don't like about Vanilla is how slow things are. I.e. drinking after simply buffing yourself as a caster - For example in a BG if you die, you Res > Buff > Drink > Fight. If the resource cost buff after ressing was in that'd be great to just jump back into things - super slow energy regen as a Rogue and other than high end geared Fury Warriors, super slow Rage generation. Basically just slow paced combat in terms of APM and time between fighting, not fight lengths to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what i miss most from vanilla is community and ppl, that was the best thing about it
    i'm worried that sadly most likely ppl won't be the same as 2005, and will be the same ass88les that we meet now in any lfg who kick because u are afk 10 sec sneezing or ur dps isn't ub3r elit3
    I wouldnt worry that much about it tbh. If they kick you, they have to find a replacement and without a lock in the party they'll just stand there idleing while trying to fill a certain slot (or have to hs out to spam in a major city). I've played on one of those PS's and let me tell you people are A LOT more cooperative there than they are on any live realm.

Some one tagged a named mob ? np just send an invite and help out 9/10 they'll accept.

Some one questing in a certain area ? np just send and invite and you'll both get it done. (Ive literally spent over 2 hours with some one random on the troll island after lvl 5-6 just killing tigers for drops for us both, and we didnt finish untill we both had the Q items!)

I have also met an A$$ in a group who didnt understand that beign a lvl 15 tank in DM facing mobs 3 lvls above, was a challenge (even when spamming Battle Shout), but that is the nature of certain people I guess. The good thing is you won't be doing anything with them after that /ignore charactername.

In completely honesty, I actually prefer pretty much everything on the list. If I HAD to pick it would be the AoE looting... although I certainly don't mind clicking each mob and getting "more presents" to open.

Truly, everything else gives each thing value or penalty... it provides an MMORPG with nuance. I feel the modern game has lost much of this due to all the convenience features added and all the processes removed for convenience. To me it's depth... I'm not in a hurry, I want to feel like hwat I am doing in game is actually "realistic".

If I mine a node.. it SHOULD be gone for someone else.

If I die, it SHOULD take a decent amount of time for me to get back to playing... that adds the "oh shit" factor to encounters. Today you really don't care if you die... in Classic it has the penalty of corpse run time to make it something you want to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    No "AoE" looting;
    Far fewer graveyards;
    Far fewer flight points;
    Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;
    No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);
    Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;
    Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;
    Older graphics;
    Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);