Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

More undead Night elfs?

Just a small post based on PTR “Save Baine” scenario. There we see a training ground where dark rangers practice their skills and such and i spotted even MORE undead night elfs. Good half of the Dark Rangers there are night elfs actually. Even worse - there are new Dark Wardens! What the actual fuck? I mean wasnt Darkshore bad enough as it is? Now Horde gonna have Wardens , not one Warden but actual regiment of them? When will this humiliation end?
    Last edited by VladlTutushkin; 2019-05-02 at 04:28 AM.

Alliance and particularly NElves have been punching bags since Cata, arguably since Classic. If you're expecting these devs/writers to stop slapping half their playerbase now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Yea,I hate Danuser and Alex for this crap. So hoping next round of layoffs there on the list! Come on Activision make it happen!

I dunno about the rest of the Horde playerbase but I never WANTED undead nelfs, who is this FOR!?
    Twas brillig

Probably mobs for the future Sylvanas raid.

Aesthetics without story will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Then quit, because the story is a roaring dumpster fire. If I have to choose between getting some cool looking stuff and a shit story or JUST a shit story I'll pick the former 10/10 times.
    I am still “here” only because of nostalgia and some bleak hope that Sylvanas dies in the end of this mess.

Doubt players will be the ones that kill her off because they said she won't be a raid boss. But doesn't mean she can't go the way of Garrosh like when Thrall killed him off. Just means another character or characters will do her in. Hopefully sooner then later. At this point wow books are no longer worth buying. Darkshore is proof of that with the bad writing.

You have to remember this is the patch that excluded Tyrande from fighting the person formative to her leadership experiences, who's nightmares were centered around one day becoming like Azshara. All so her protege and adopted daughter could team up with the Horde five minutes after the Horde torched a large part of their race.

Blizzard hate night elves. Or rather, they hate everyone that is in the way of the Unifaction and the night elves and Forsaken happen to both be in that bucket.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Aesthetics without story will never work.
    This. And thats all I would have to say about Night elf Dark Warden/Ranger.

To me it seems like they are just there because of the rule of cool. Which would have been fine if they would get a proper story, but they get exactly zero story or character development/motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Early on I thought they were there because they needed a way for us to get Dark rangers on the Alliance in the next xpac. But I have no idea about a Warden class (I mean you could do that I suppose) and also no idea if Sira and Delaryn, the only somewhat recognizable characters, even survive Darkshore.
    Well Delaryn will survive it 100% we don't even kill her on Alliance.

What are they even aiming at? I mean why they making those bloody undead characters? Whats the reason behind this mockery?

Look we have cooler Warden... they are DARK Warden and they have shiny skin! They follow the dark lady for some reason, even through they should hate her like no one else in the Azeroth! Isn't this just the coooolest thing ever?!

We don't? You probably did not even notice her but she spawns on the last attack wave as Alliance on the shore before you engage Sira. And I don't remember her going neutral or disappearing ont he last moment (though she might, warfronts are chaos). Anyway, warfront in-game events are not canon anyway. I mean I could maybe see Sira die but none of the commanders in Arathi or Maiev would die in an ambiguous scenario.
    She isn't killed ,she disappears, pretty much like Shandris for the Horde side.

Quick reminder: Dark Ranger is most likely going to be a class.
    Dark rangers as dps, dark wardens as tanks.
    Blood Elves for Horde, night Elves for Alliance.
    Nathanos/Sira for Horde, Dellaryn for Alliance.
    I can't be the only one who notices.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't? You probably did not even notice her but she spawns on the last attack wave as Alliance on the shore before you engage Sira. And I don't remember her going neutral or disappearing ont he last moment (though she might, warfronts are chaos). Anyway, warfront in-game events are not canon anyway. I mean I could maybe see Sira die but none of the commanders in Arathi or Maiev would die in an ambiguous scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Undead Night Elves are probably the most retarded thing in Warcraft lore and that's saying something.
    Delaryn banishes, and may I remmember you Lightforged demons and undead?

Blizzard really hates night elves, so constantly kicking them and making them look completely incompetent and weak is just what will always happen.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    I wonder if we had a forum during Warcraft III release and how everyone would cry over 'OMG SuLVanAs is nOw UNdEAd, oMG mOrE BansShees wTFf BlizzArd' , can't you see that they are building up for something?
    that totally would've been a thing, had these forums existed back then

I wonder if we had a forum during Warcraft III release and how everyone would cry over 'OMG SuLVanAs is nOw UNdEAd, oMG mOrE BansShees wTFf BlizzArd' , can't you see that they are building up for something?
    Sylvanas was at least proper mind controlled, had lots of story and wanted to kill the guy who made her undead and killed her people after she got her free will back.

With Night Elf undead there is nothing of that, they happily follow the lady that killed her people and slay happily the people they fought side by side just moments ago.

Lightforged demons and undead have happened in fantasy before many, many times. Heck sometimes they've been amazing. Eberron has Light-based undead in the Deathless who are pretty awesome and the Ixalan vampires in MTG are essentially the Vampiric Spanish Inquisition. As for demons turning good, that trope is older than dirt.
    If we are getting to lore examples outside the Blizz universe, we can have our share in undead Elves as well.
    As for now, having night Elves get crazy and edgy after being rised does not beat some dude rising light zombies when it was already established he could ress perfectly normal people already (Varian in short story) or Derek Proudmoore being in good shape after being burned to crisp by dragon breath and staying 15 years or more underwater.

So you missed the part where undeads are mind controlled in warcraft 3? That must be harsh to not even comprehend a simple story.