Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    While I hesitate to give Blizzard slack, I don't think it's fair to judge it yet. It might be boring, sure, but it's just barely entered the PTR and is likely still design-wise in its bare infancy.
    They said it was in an "advanced" state for testing.

If that's what Nazjatar is going to look like advanced then ouch is all I say.

But of course merely my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They said it was in an "advanced" state for testing.

If that's what Nazjatar is going to look like advanced then ouch is all I say.
    I have to say after looking at screenshots that aesthetically it's very unappealing and ugly and doesn't really look as good as the screenshots they've shown in promotional stuff.

It's supposed to be an underwater kingdom for a queen, not a waterlogged ruins...

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Whether it be the official forums, Twitch or Reddit, the general consensus seems to be that Nazjatar is not looking good so far.
    Based on my web surfing the general consensus seems to be that Nazjatar is actually looking really good.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Wow, so much negativity for a zone that is still in the PTR...

Relax, I'm sure the final build will be more impressive than the current one.
    Oh sweet summer child ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    WoW engine is soo old. I guess if it used new engine, Argus would look so much diffrent.
    Doubtful. This is stimply a time/money issue, not a technical one.

Whether it be the official forums, Twitch or Reddit, the general consensus seems to be that Nazjatar is not looking good so far. Unfortunately a lot of the issues are fundamental design problems, not quick fixes that can be addressed in the next PTR build, mostly about the blandness and lifelessness of the zone. This is supposed to be the magnificent and extravgant underwater home that Queen Azshara has perfected for over ten thousand years. At the moment it looks more like a generic dark Azsuna with water around it. Also it is devoid of beautiful sealife.

At the moment I am quite concerned that Azshara is going to be sent out in such an underwhelming zone. And I am more concerned that it is too little too late to fix the foundations of the zone. I don't know where they can go from here

How has your experience of Nazjatar been so far? At the moment I feel like a copy paste of Vashj'ir would've been better than this. Can anything be done to salvage this zone and patch at this point?
    Hey, can you go into specifics of what you don't like/others aren't liking? Couldn't get anything tangible out of this post other than not liking the bland art style. What about the gameplay?

Zone just came out last night, and I don't really see anything feedback in the 8.2 megathread yet since it's so early. Just a couple posts about the environment.

If you have more to share, feel free, thanks. Will check back tomorrow.

Edit: Just checked this out: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...azjatar/164246 So I see part of what people mean by saying it's bland. I wonder if there's gameplay aspects that we're not aware of yet.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-05-02 at 09:35 AM.

Isn't that when you're supposed to complain so they might change it? What's the point of criticising it after it's completed and released?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Zone just came out last night, and I don't really see anything feedback yet since it's so early. Just a couple posts about the environment.
    He's talking out of his ass. He's trying to convince us that simply because he doesn't like Nazjatar, the majority doesn't like the zone which is completely ridiculous.

I would be a millionaire if i would get a dollar every time someone said that in the 14 year old history of WoW

Edit: InTheEnd Join Date Apr 2019 That explains everything

Also it is devoid of beautiful sealife.
    Considering the only underwater zone we had so far was the target of more bitching than any other, I'm not surprised.

Interested in learning how the Mark of Azshara works and if it's OP to have multiple alts or not for the BoA currency. And how the Timeless Isle-style gear is implemented, if it's even in there yet

I'm not even expecting anything from Blizzard at this point. Broken Shore and Argus were super bland aswell, while the sad thing is that Argus could've been so much bigger and diverse that it could warrant being its own expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Considering the only underwater zone we had so far was the target of more bitching than any other, I'm not surprised.
    Which was sad, as I always felt it was an amazing zone... maybe being a druid inserts a little bias. Even got realm first level cap going through that zone, as everyone and their mother were fighting over Hyjal while I was basically alone. I think most people's gripes were due to the initial part of the zone, where you had to work up to proper movement speed/mount and never having exposure to 3D movements aside from flying, less about the actual design and aesthetics of the zone.

I'll be heading to the PTR to check out Naj shortly, but I'd still caveat that it's just the initial build released to the public (which is usually several builds behind what the staff is working on). If you have minor grips about mob density and things like that, by all means, make a report about it, but it may have already been addressed. As for major grips... well, still make a report at least, can't complain and expect anything to change if all one does is complain on MMO-C about it.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

So much for BFA last hope

Guess they are already working on the next expansion heavily atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Really? Fuck sake, can Blizz do ANYTHING right?
    Apparently not according to most people on here. Then again, when we’re people who post on forums complaining ever right.

These forums are amazing, ive never seen a game with more hate xd. Probably anything that blizz does will be hated anyway but....ppl are still playing it and enjoying ? Wtf ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, they DID create the necessary art assets. They did make the naga buildings, they have a fuckton of gorgeous aquatic life and doodads from Vashj'ir, they have all the Highbourne architecture from Suramar. It was a developer choice to build the terrain in this way, not the artists. I mean it is still pretty detailed, just drab. This took just as much time as a gorgeous version would, the artists were just bound by the story the devs wanted to tell and the latter simply did not consider that their story forced the zone to look boring.

This is in no way about saving money or time, a much better looking zone could have been made with the exact same time spent. And let's face it, we knew it did not look impressive since Blizzcon, we just hoped for something different
    Why bother? Let's just add another idiotic mount and give it to everyone stupid enough,who will pay for a 6-month subscription.

I’m sick of reading people cry about timegating. Blizzard are not gonna drop new content let you stay awake 24 hrs clear it then listen to you whine for the next 4 months about lack of content.

To offset the timegated story of Nazjatar, you have Mechagon to fill in the time between finishing the story arc for the week/fortnight. Get over it and live with it.

Lol have you met the people on this forum and the general player base? They are already complaining about the next 2 expansions

They are going to consume it in 24 hours timegate or not. Timegating is just a delay to squeeze out sub money.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    They are going to consume it in 24 hours timegate or not. Timegating is just a delay to squeeze out sub money.
    This. Everyone knows the timegating is there to just keep people subbed. No other reason.

It's sad that people believe it's there to stop people "consuming the content". Like fucking hell lol who cares if someone gets it all done day 1? No other game I know of timegates a story this hard.