Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's also the same theme we have had in every other night elf ruin since classic. Maybe try something new . . .
    But a lot of NE ruins do contain ghosts though, they are ruins after all. I’m sure that’s not really the main focus here, but of course it’ll be brought into a little seeing as this was essentially the heart of the Elven kingdom. Naga will obvs be the main focus, but it’s nice they’re not just straight up ignoring the fact this was a major place lore wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I think he's talking more about it being another barren zone full of dotted ruins rather than the massive sprawling sunken city it's supposed to be, not the mention the Naga have been active for 10,000 years and appear to have done next to nothing with their time. There should be an underwater civilization that rivals the cities on the surface by now.
    It’s probably worth pointing out that this is just a small portion of Nazjatar. I’m sure if we had a full Azshara expansion, like we should have, we probably would have gotten something closer to that. It is just a patch after all, which is probably the saddest part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I think he's talking more about it being another barren zone full of dotted ruins rather than the massive sprawling sunken city it's supposed to be, not the mention the Naga have been active for 10,000 years and appear to have done next to nothing with their time. There should be an underwater civilization that rivals the cities on the surface by now.
    I mean they wouldn't make it a regular city anyways. Naga have no need for houses or regular beds, if anything i always imagine them sleeping in weird like floating pods or something. No reason for them to rebuild their old style stuff again. especially since there really isn't a civilian population of Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there is a pretty big difference.

their bodies aren't the same, they don't have the same faces, and their ears aren't the same.
    Only if we are limited to in-game customisation options. But this way we can argue that there is no fat Stormwindians, Lordaeronians have weird jaw movements when talking(as we have seen them in W3, which had really bad facial animations, and in WoW we see them as undead) and all male Thalassian elves look like Pewdiepie. Also, Anduin changes his facial features from time to time.
    However, if you consider other Blizzard's depictions, such as TCG arts, loading screens, comics, etc., you can see that they might look very similar. For example, in Warbringers short the colours are the most visible differences between Sylvanas and Delaryn, not the facial features.
    Blizzard never officially stated about specific elf facial features.
    no thalassian elf existed, no elf that looked anything like them did. dath'remar and his bunch were literally just highborne night elves when they were exiled.
    It is logical that high elves are similar to their close ancestors, as usually facial features are inherited from parents. Also, Dath'remar in the comic only changed color, not shape. We can safely assume that highborne looked like purple blood elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It is logical that high elves are similar to their close ancestors, as usually facial features are inherited from parents. Also, Dath'remar in the comic only changed color, not shape. We can safely assume that highborne looked like purple blood elves.
    High Born looked like night elfs but with blue eyes... see Shen'dralar, see Suramar people especially before they got under their bubble.

@derpkitteh

The blood elves and nightborne do know about Elune, but it's not any major part of their culture the way it is the night elves is what I'm getting at.

I agree that Tyrande shouldn't be teaming up with the Horde, but then neither should anyone present there except Jaina. Still doesn't mean she shouldn't be involved with facing off her main nemesis.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    High Born looked like night elfs but with blue eyes... see Shen'dralar, see Suramar people especially before they got under their bubble.
    Highborne were night elves, but they did have physical characteristics that did set them apart, such as having bluer skin and more delicate features.

Nazjatar is basically the bottom of the sea. Azshara cast a spell that parted the ocean in such a way that the zone of Nazjatar is not underwater. The zone is surrounded by massive ocean walls that you can’t walk through (or swim through?). On the east side lies Zin’Ashari. It is immense like Suramar City, but completely in ruins. The ground is not even. Some of its areas are broken, rising in a 45 degree, or steeper. Multiple corridors; and underground, and high ground temples.

From a outdoor fountain surrounded by a temple, you can perfectly watch a half-moon in the sky. The Eternal Temple’s outdoor is a massive fountain with a gigantic statue of Azshara. It is guarded by elite Naga and void creatures.

On the Horde side, the Nazjatar storyline is spearheaded by Lor’themar Theron and First Arcanist Thalyssra. Especially in Zin’Azshari.

I can’t wait to quest here and learn the local stories. Watch the video Nazjatar exploration below.
    http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...loration-video

Like all ancient elves, they should look like the Night Elves. The Nightborne look different because of the Nightwell. It was the Quel'dorei who changed shape, not the Kaldorei and that is shown in lore again and again.
    Dath'remar didn't change his shape, but color. Highborne could have had a bit different facial features than common night elf folk. Yet then, we have to remember that Blizzard wouldn't bother to make unique faces for ghosts(or few individuals such as Shen'dralar) that you see from time to time. If they are transparent and glowing, there is no need for more differentiation. Moreover, additional customisation options for them would not be noticed by most of the players as they eyes would focus on said transparency.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does any part of the architecture / lay-out resemble the Caverns of Time Well of Eternity instance?
    It should, shouldn't it?

Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Highborne were night elves, but they did have physical characteristics that did set them apart, such as having bluer skin and more delicate features.
    I don't know how are they described in War of the Ancients trillogy, but in Warbringers we can clearly see more delicate facial features.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I don't know how are they described in War of the Ancients trillogy, but in Warbringers we can clearly see more delicate facial features.

Yeah, Highborne seem to be (or have been) a seperate 'breed' or 'population' from lowborne kaldorei with their own unique physical and cultural characteristics.

As for Blizzard reusing assets from previous content...well, I can understand why they do it, but I've always been under the impression that the night elves were far more diverse Pre-Sundering. Their empire did stretch across most of Azeroth from tundra to rainforest after all, even with their long lifespans it's hard to believe they would maintain the same architecture and lifestyles everywhere. In the case of Zin-Azshari, I would also expect something uniquely Azshara.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-05-02 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Bluer Skin yes.. but delicate features? Never heard about that. Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Azshara has a new capital eternal palace
    It doesn't matter, having a metropolis under your control is never bad. In 10.000 years, Azshara should have tried to rebuild Zin Azshari, since it was so close to her palace and anyway no one could contest her.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    It doesn't matter, having a metropolis under your control is never bad. In 10.000 years, Azshara should have tried to rebuild Zin Azshari, since it was so close to her palace and anyway no one could contest her.
    She was busy unlocking that N'Zoth cage obviously, no time to rebuild that city.

Blizzard missed the chance of making Atlantis, man this expasion should be called wasted potential from Azeroth
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Oh great, that poodle Lor'themar is there. Anyway, is there any sign of Obrahim's presence? Acording to "Compendium of Fallen Heroes" he disappeared several years ago before WotLK after leaving to study the ruins of Zin-Azshari, and is considered a hero by the Scourge.

7+ Year Old Account
    an entire zone full of elves, again

Looks alright.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they did the exact same thing they did in legion and put thalassian ranger statues in zin'ashari.

it triggers me so fucking much. they're all over azsuna and suramar too, so don't expect it to change.
    I hope Nya'lotha looks exactly as it does in Warbringers with skyboxes with Nqari and O.G minions sacrificing people by throwing masses off of skyscrapers.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    ... what did you expect from Naz'jatar?
    i expected to not have naz'jatar btw, but at least not just elves