Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Classic will be released with a forced 3rd party background program that will block any form of voice communication. It's a law in the Philippines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I saw the gameplay-footage and it didn't had voice chat yet (at least the symbol). So will it be included? Because as far as i know it's even law in the US to have it now with new games; and even through it's not really a new game, it will be published as a new game.
    Voice chat had its own major patch in TBC.. v2.2 or v2.3..

So no, it won't be in vanilla/classic..

#NoChanges
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If you want to be authentic, don't use it if it is. Don't use discord either.
    Ventrillo or bust!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ventrillo will only be allowed, and Microphone quality should go back 12 years as well. Also mandatory Duke Nukem Balls of Steel spam is required. For authenticity. Also one Vent server despite your players playing from all different regions, so your main tank will have a ping of about 300ms on vent.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

So is that why Apex had text to speech chat option? I thought it was a nice little kinda fun addition, but if it's required by law, that's dumb as fuck.

Teamspeak is the way to go for 40 mans. Much more stable than Discord. One we hit about 20 people in Discord we would have non stop robot and disconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Does anyone even use in-game voice?

Everyone on pservers just uses Discord, so I expect people will stay on those channels.
    The in-game voice chat is quite useful. For example if you're in a pug, but you actually need some good communication (like Mekkatorque in BoD).

Personally I don't care it if it gets added or not. I don't think that interface options are something really worth talking about much... it's not the same as changing the graphics or the actual gameplay.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-05-03 at 10:33 AM.

I saw the gameplay-footage and it didn't had voice chat yet (at least the symbol). So will it be included? Because as far as i know it's even law in the US to have it now with new games; and even through it's not really a new game, it will be published as a new game.
    Our government in the US is so incompetent it cannot pass laws to help the sick or dying. I doubt they got it together enough to pass an internet games must have voice chat protocols law. Let alone enforce it. As silly as it is even saying this.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Anyone doing raids as well as more serious guilds all used Ventrilo back then. AFAIK the vast majority of guilds use Discord today, not the in-game voice chat...and I suspect that isn't going to change for Classic either (i.e. everyone will be using Discord).

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't care, but it's not something I'll use. From my experience, in-game voice chat (not just in WoW) has always been crap compared to third-party stuff like Ventrilo/TeamSpeak/Discord. I always disable it in games that use it.

I'm expecting the game client to essentially be in-line with retails as far as features with voice/etc go. Blizzard Voice Chat/etc. But will anyone use it? Probably not, but it would be nice to have as a backup.