Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    She's clearly using her tricks to raise more elves and control them. The question is what happens next.
    We don't know, Sylvanas isn't even there. We only know that they suddenly turn on their own people while following the one that burned their family is fine for them. Its just baffling how bad this story telling is.
    And it is not only Sira its all the other night elfs that gets raised while they just fought the undead.

She is brainwashing Derek and it proves that she can brainwash others too, so why are you saying that it's not the case here with new rangers.

And it's not ALL night elves, as I said, some of them refuse it and attack you upon resurrection.

The story is not bad, you're just trying too hard to make it look bad.
    She hasn't brainwashed the dark rangers, they're just evil because Blizzard doesn't understand human motivation and/or for the cheap twist where they reveal that they were just pretending to be retarded. Personally I'm hoping the latter because I swore I'd buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't betray Sylvanas at the end of this.

But yeah, Derek wasn't MC'd, he was tortured while the dark rangers told him the objective truth lies like how the Horde killed his dad and his sister let them do it. If he were MC'd he wouldn't have been able to have a change of heart. The Dark Rangers are similarly free-willed hence why the Val'kyr comments about how there's no willing souls nearby and why some become wisps and attack you.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

How do you know that she is not mind controlling rangers. Just because it wasn't mentioned in the game? Well, guess what, nightbornes were not mentioned in the game for a while, it doesn't mean they were not real.
    No, because its explicitly said they're not brainwashed and the quest goes at great lengths to show you this by having the Val'kyr talk about willing soul, Sira whine during the warfront itself about why she turned and Delaryn's entire internal monologue in the book.

Sylvanas does MC people, but it's not the dark rangers or Derek.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    She hasn't brainwashed the dark rangers, they're just evil because Blizzard doesn't understand human motivation and/or for the cheap twist where they reveal that they were just pretending to be retarded. Personally I'm hoping the latter because I swore I'd buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't betray Sylvanas at the end of this.

But yeah, Derek wasn't MC'd, he was tortured while the dark rangers told him the objective truth lies like how the Horde killed his dad and his sister let them do it. If he were MC'd he wouldn't have been able to have a change of heart. The Dark Rangers are similarly free-willed hence why the Val'kyr comments about how there's no willing souls nearby and why some become wisps and attack you.
    You better start saving money for that sweet, sweet shirt. You should even find a place for it in your closet.

Never, probably. Night elves have been a weird target for Blizzard's writers since Cataclysm.

I don't know why but I'd swear at least one of their writers has a fetish for just absolutely decimating everything night elf related. Right down to the model revamp, everything surrounding them is half-assed on a good day and downright cruel on others. It's at the point where almost the entire night elf population has been wiped out lorewise and yet Blizzard still felt like that wasn't enough. Gotta basically make them so uncool that apparently a significant portion of their people were willing to defect and betray their leaders on their own free will, too.

Keep in mind that this is the perspective of someone who's never really played night elves if I could help it, and also mostly played Horde throughout most of her WoW life. I have no personal stake in night elves, but it's downright depressing how much they've been consistently shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You better start saving money for that sweet, sweet shirt. You should even find a place for it in your closet.
    I have that feeling too, sadly. Any suggestions on which design I should get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get used to it.

Horde > Alliance

Humans and their variants undead/worgen, & Orcs > All

Dwarves, Trolls, Gnomes, Goblins, Tauren, Pandaren = Don't exist.

Night Elves = Humiliated

I'm no elf fan, but it's a shame seeing the most historical race of azeroth, a core race of warcraft, treated like that.
    Humiliated on every turn. Their leaders made into a joke and incompetent. And Tyrande given a title a 7yo would come up with.

I mean, they were "forsaken by Elune" so it still makes perfect sense. Somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I am already bored with undead elves, have they run out of ideas for the villain bate
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I have that feeling too, sadly. Any suggestions on which design I should get?
    Whatever fits you best. But main point of course should be Anduin’s print. Have to show that face to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Probably mobs for the future Sylvanas raid.
    This is very likely imo

Where exactly? Source?
    When the Val'kyr says there's no willing souls nearby and when the angry night elves who you raised attack you. Even Nathanos points out how quickly they turn. There's no implication at any point that they were brainwashed except fanfiction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    This is very likely imo
    Indeed. Blizzard didn't say that Sylvanas would never become a raid boss, only that it wouldn't happen during BfA - and I still don't see how will they get her out of this predicament without turning her into another raid boss or another Kerrigan. Unless she just goes afk for a couple of expansions, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed. Blizzard didn't say that Sylvanas would never become a raid boss, only that it wouldn't happen during BfA - and I still don't see how will they get her out of this predicament without turning her into another raid boss or another Kerrigan. Unless she just goes afk for a couple of expansions, I guess.
    No, Ion said that Sylvanas would not just be a simple raidboss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    No, Ion said that Sylvanas would not just be a simple raidboss.
    To be fair, we can't believe Blizz devs at this point anyways. They already said we'd get surprised at post Garrosh Warchief and WoT and both ended in dullest option ever.
    I still

in for a penny in for a pound
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I wonder if we had a forum during Warcraft III release and how everyone would cry over 'OMG SuLVanAs is nOw UNdEAd, oMG mOrE BansShees wTFf BlizzArd' , can't you see that they are building up for something?
    I understand that Blizzard are building up to something (Face it, Blizz aren’t very good at subtle foreshadowing), it’s what they’re tearing down as they do it that bugs me...

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    If we are getting to lore examples outside the Blizz universe, we can have our share in undead Elves as well.
    As for now, having night Elves get crazy and edgy after being rised does not beat some dude rising light zombies when it was already established he could ress perfectly normal people already (Varian in short story) or Derek Proudmoore being in good shape after being burned to crisp by dragon breath and staying 15 years or more underwater.
    Lightforged Demons/good demons made sense because we've been using demons to begin with to fight the Legion, and it's been shown many times not all demons align with the Legion. In fact, some hated them.

For specific characters, it makes absolutely no sense that characters like Sira and Delaryn suddenly going from hating Sylvanas and the undead to "We love her"

It really seems like the next new class is Dark Ranger and all these undead Night Elves are going to go "lol just kidding" and return to the Alliance being welcomed with open arms.

Alliance has High Elves, Horde now has undead Night Elves. Seems fair