Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    MC isn't mythic jaina, hell its not even LFR jaina your typical LFR is lower then your "average joe" they are literally the worst players in the game.
    Average Joe AND Normal/HC Raiders also do LFR when there are mount drops..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Rag has died in the first ~10 days on every big private server launch, what makes you think Classic will be different, with a much bigger population and a much better reason to rush him?
    Why are you lying? Molten Core is never cleared within 10 days from launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

2 resets
    in first reset something will be bugged and unkillable, then they will fix it in second and on thursday it will be cleared.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Really? I mean, I did it twice and had no problems whatsoever. A few wipes, sure, but it was a walk in the park.
    You were insanely lucky. People in my guild were flaming how their groups keep wiping for literal hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Really dont know how pple think MC will be cleared in 10 days after launch.

The average time to lvl 1-60 is around 250 hours played (taken from an %$&% private server info with 140.000 lvl 60 characters).

So, even if u are faster than average (i doubt it cause we dont have mains to help alters to lvl with gold, items, summons, rushes, etc) lets say u can lvl 1-60 in 200h played. 200h/10days = 20hplaying/daily. So, unless u can play 20 hours daily the first 10 days u wont be lvl 60. And even if u are lvl 60, u need 39 more lvl 60 characters, and u have to gear them so you can clean MC.

So: No, MC will not be cleared in 10-15 days after Classic launch.
    WoW Player 2005-2014 2016-2021
    TBC > Vanilla > WotLK=Cata=Legion > MoP > Shadowlands > BfA > WoD

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSR View Post

The average time to lvl 1-60 is around 250 hours played (taken from an %$&% private server info with 140.000 lvl 60 characters).

So, even if u are faster than average (i doubt it cause we dont have mains to help alters to lvl with gold, items, summons, rushes, etc) lets say u can lvl 1-60 in 200h played. 200h/10days = 20hplaying/daily. So, unless u can play 20 hours daily the first 10 days u wont be lvl 60. And even if u are lvl 60, u need 39 more lvl 60 characters, and u have to gear them so you can clean MC.

What country did you grow up in because your school system must have been terrible to never explain to you what an average is.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that'll hold back players from clearing MC is gear gating. As soon as players will accumulate enough res gear, gfpp and tanks will be sufficiently equipped they'll have no issues at all. So it all boils down to how much time players wish to dedicate to farm these things. Old raids didn't require that much skill to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Fastest 1-60 was done in 2-3 days in Vanila if my memory serves right.
    Very fast was done in 4days.
    Typical fast run was done in 7. You just need to know which zones to avoid, skip and sometimes its better to grind mobs like ungoro fire vurnuable mobs for fire mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    You were insanely lucky. People in my guild were flaming how their groups keep wiping for literal hours.
    We're talking about the first kill of Ragnaros, not when random noob guilds manage to kill him. @JuanSR with his average leveling time is pretty stupid, given that an average doesn't apply to the world first players in the slightest. They'll be account sharing or botting or just straight nolifing until 60, and then MC doesn't require much gear because it's really easy for players who optimize setups and tactics. Leveling is the majority of the time spent obviously, but once they reach 60, with an optimal setup, MC will be downed in a few days or even hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    The only thing that'll hold back players from clearing MC is gear gating. As soon as players will accumulate enough res gear, gfpp and tanks will be sufficiently equipped they'll have no issues at all. So it all boils down to how much time players wish to dedicate to farm these things. Old raids didn't require that much skill to begin with.
    Put a Paladin in every group with Fire Res Aura and the gearing requirement becomes far more lenient for any non-tank. People on these forums hype Vanilla raids up to insane levels, not considering the fact that Ragnaros didn't even last that long -IN VANILLA-, when players were shitty, unorganized, clicked, and had no idea what classes were good or bad.

Not to mention that the world first guilds will also be running flasks on their key players to get the first kill asap. If you think there'll be exciting attempts on bosses like on current raids, you're in for disappointment.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2019-05-02 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put a Paladin in every group with Fire Res Aura and the gearing requirement becomes far more lenient for any non-tank. People on these forums hype Vanilla raids up to insane levels, not considering the fact that Ragnaros didn't even last that long -IN VANILLA-, when players were shitty, unorganized, clicked, and had no idea what classes were good or bad.

Not to mention that the world first guilds will also be running flasks on their key players to get the first kill asap. If you think there'll be exciting attempts on bosses like on current raids, you're in for disappointment.
    that would be a lot of paladins/shamans.

and clicking in vanilla was more than viable gameplay, since, you know, the game back them was fucking slow compared to how it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

MC was more about time commitment rather than difficulty. As long as you were in a guild that could simply fill the ranks and got the necessary gear clearing MC wasn’t too much trouble. BWL was a huge step up in difficulty though, and from going to Rag to Razorgore was a huge difficulty spike for many guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    MC was more about time commitment rather than difficulty. As long as you were in a guild that could simply fill the ranks and got the necessary gear clearing MC wasn’t too much trouble. BWL was a huge step up in difficulty though, and from going to Rag to Razorgore was a huge difficulty spike for many guilds.
    Ah the joy of Alliance.
    Razergore was childsplay when you skipped phase 1 through 'clever use of game mechanics'

I do agree tho that BWL was a step up in difficulty and complexity compared to MC.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

If a person knows what he's doing, he can level to 60 in 7 days played or less on a priest, warrior, mage, hunter, lock, druid, or shaman. Pallies seemed to be the slowest.

That being said, there will be people playing 16 hours a day, so they could hit 60 in 9 days. I'd say it's reasonable to think that guilds will be downing him within two weeks after that with no difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its gonna get melted, everyone knows the strats, everyone knows where to get the gear
    I don't know about "melted" people may know the fights but they are having to do the fight in the constraints of broken classes and subpar gear.

people have no idea how hard or easy it will be, they are either basing it off VERY old memories which are likely quite skewed or based off of private server kills which i guarantee are skewed. those servers had to do a lot of guesswork to get functioning bosses, and they are 100% without question different from the real bosses we'll fight in classic.

so the question really is how close did the private server guys get to being right... only way to know that will be to play it when it comes out. i have a feeling they were close but that bosses will be slightly harder and world buffs will be harder to stack making the whole process quite a bit harder. i still think any competent guilds will down it as soon as they have a 40 man roster in there for a few days of raiding, but i could be wrong just like anyone else in this thread, since the only people who know exactly how the bosses actually worked back then(down to exact armor values etc.) work at blizzard.

so regardless of what you hear it's all nonsense, the only real answer is that we have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post

Lol no, Vael yes (with the timer) certainly not Razorgore.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    that would be a lot of paladins/shamans.

and clicking in vanilla was more than viable gameplay, since, you know, the game back them was fucking slow compared to how it is now.
    Viable in the same way that Paladin tanks, Elemental Shamans, or Hunters (post-BWL) are viable in endgame? Yes. Nothing more though.

And yes, it's a lot of Paladins, but if you want an optimal setup for WF, you're going to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If a person knows what he's doing, he can level to 60 in 7 days played or less on a priest, warrior, mage, hunter, lock, druid, or shaman. Pallies seemed to be the slowest.

That being said, there will be people playing 16 hours a day, so they could hit 60 in 9 days. I'd say it's reasonable to think that guilds will be downing him within two weeks after that with no difficulties.
    Two weeks after 60? The semi-hardcore guilds will have him down by then. The top guilds will be way before that.

All raids with any form of organization will melt in a matter of hours after opening.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

if we're talking about racing to 60 and then racing to clear MC we're not talking about average players, so using averages for them is pointless. also your "average player" leveling in classic gets stuck doing 50 different things or pvping in a certain bracket for a few weeks so averages don't mean much. the hardcore private guys i know tell me it will be possible to hit 60 in the first week if you play 18-20 hours a day for the entire week and i know some guilds are going for an MC clear week 1, im skeptical of that because it's not about getting to 60 and having time to spare, it's about 30+ people getting there with time to spare and hoping it's easy enough to roll through with less than 40 people in mostly garbage gear.

i plan on being one of the people racing like this, and i can tell you without question MC will be cleared in week 2 by more than a handful of guilds, week 1 clear is the real question. i can't wait to see how it pans out.

Viable in the same way that Paladin tanks, Elemental Shamans, or Hunters (post-BWL) are viable in endgame? Yes. Nothing more though.

And yes, it's a lot of Paladins, but if you want an optimal setup for WF, you're going to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Two weeks after 60? The semi-hardcore guilds will have him down by then. The top guilds will be way before that.
    I agree, I was being very conservative in my assessment. Top guilds will need but a couple days at 60 to have MC cleared. Of course, that does mean a lot of people pushing very, very quickly.

At this point, it's a lot of speculation, as we don't even know how many servers we will have. We don't have word on some of the major "ifs" regarding class balance, or removing things like debuff limits that are low.

In the end, the difficulty of MC is trivial. The difficulty is getting 40 people to 60, and making sure tanks have their gear. Everything else is secondary.

I managed to level a SP to 60 in 4 days played. That leaves a lot of time to get a bit of gear, and finish that exhausting /s attunement for MC.