Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hm, new achievement listed for BFA in 8.2 called "Give Me the Biggest Bag You've Got" to collect a list of rare drop items. I wonder if this is them giving into a Timeless Isle 2.0 "Going to Need a Bigger Bag" achievement mindset in full, or if they're only jokingly reminding achievement-oriented players of it, but they intend to make the process of getting all the items far more reasonable. Given how BFA has re-used paragon chests and handled island expeditions, I'm inclined to expect that the designers are going to give into their worst instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    Hm, new achievement listed for BFA in 8.2 called "Give Me the Biggest Bag You've Got" to collect a list of rare drop items. I wonder if this is them giving into a Timeless Isle 2.0 "Going to Need a Bigger Bag" achievement mindset in full, or if they're only jokingly reminding achievement-oriented players of it, but they intend to make the process of getting all the items far more reasonable. Given how BFA has re-used paragon chests and handled island expeditions, I'm inclined to expect that the designers are going to give into their worst instincts.
    Well ofc they added that achievement again. BFA is just one big F-finger to collectors - I thought Legion was rough to get done (12 class mounts, many grinds like fishing etc), or MOP had some nasty things like Archeology or certain world achievements, but BFA is bad in all areas from currency grinds (7th legion medals) to kinda all mount grinds (Arathi highlands had bad RNG, but Darkshore is even worse drop % etc)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Depends just how rare the rares are, and how rare their drops are too. Timeless Isle had a problem where the mobs were actually rare, taking hours to spawn in some cases, and once you managed to get a kill the drops were also rare, which made it extremely painful. If they relax on either one of those things it won't be a big deal.

Just gonna bump this again for any alliance players who are looking to do the crap ton of hord stuff...I found 1 more fun little thing, cause of course thats a thing...You haft to do loremaster on hord side for achivements....I mean it never stops in BFA with cross-faction; Anywho if you see more that needs to be done let me know

Hord:

Quests: Kuafons Harness mount - Full war campaign - Darkshore og War campaign: Brynja's Beacon / Dark ranger round up - Lore master

Rep: Voldunai - Natal - Talanji

Emmisary Supplies / paragon: Voldunai - Natal - Talanji - Zandalari empire

Medals: Buy or farm toy Blightbomber

Køb: Hawli’s spicy chilli - Rhank NPC toy - Griftah vendor toy -

Allied race: Mounts that needs rep etc

Thats like 2-3 months of straigth play on an alt I have never really bothered with, on a faction I despise (Omg the hordes capital city in BFA...Just wow the bull shit meter is 10/10, it even makes boralus seem good on ally side...Litterally haft to fly to get to mission table!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    (Arathi highlands had bad RNG, but Darkshore is even worse drop % etc)
    Imagine farming Darkshore every cycle on 8 characters and I just got my Kaldorei Nightsaber this month... it's been out since December. Yeah the droprates are low.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Imagine farming Darkshore every cycle on 8 characters and I just got my Kaldorei Nightsaber this month... it's been out since December. Yeah the droprates are low.
    Yes, its stupid and the stupid continues so Im bumping this baby again;

Hord-only achivements
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=13038/raptari-rider
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...o-your-masters
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...ari-spycatcher
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...ng-out-of-hand
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...erved-speedily
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...ent-apocalypse
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...ting-the-enemy

All these links, and a few more achivements spwans from RNG crazy BS world quests AND they are hord only, and alliance has the same shit. So much fun playing BFA as collector this exspansion...Legion had like No-cross faction grinds....So good game design 11/10 blizzard.

So now my hord routine for I guess many months to come is to log in every day and let my World quest achiver addon see if the right world quests spwaned -,- I even haft to worry about invasion RNG again...

Honestly I stomached some insane grinds since vanilla, but as a old fart in this game, even I can have my limits....:/

I'm sorry, but this thread feels too much like crying cause you got bad RNG.

Arathi / Darkshore - I disagree these are long grinds. Sure you can get unlucky on a couple items, as always, but things such as these:

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I just have trouble believing in. Even if that is really true, if you really cared about those mounts / collectibles, you should have probably increased the number of your capped characters for more attempts.... I don't get it.

I got all but 1 mount from Arathi in the first ever reset of the warfront zone. Then it took me I think about 4-5 cycles to get the last remaining one. That was with 5-6 characters. Meanwhile I also collected almost all toys/pets. Finished the collection, not counting mogs, in about 7-8 cycles of arathi.

Darkshore a little less lucky, but still, 3-4 cycles and I had all the mounts, and most pets/toys. Took a couple more cycles to get the final toy. All done with 7-8 characters at the time.

Just gonna bump this again for any alliance players who are looking to do the crap ton of hord stuff...I found 1 more fun little thing, cause of course thats a thing...You haft to do loremaster on hord side for achivements....I mean it never stops in BFA with cross-faction; Anywho if you see more that needs to be done let me know
    All these links, and a few more achivements spwans from RNG crazy BS world quests AND they are hord only, and alliance has the same shit. So much fun playing BFA as collector this exspansion...Legion had like No-cross faction grinds....So good game design 11/10 blizzard.
    I mean....these are faction exclusive achievements, there's no need to complete them for your secondary faction. You can even max out your achievement points without doing both of those. So yeah, if you want to do it, it's really on you.

If anything, I guess you have a point as far as paragon toys go. These get unlocked account wide and you can see them in your log so it would be nice to get them, which I'm working on by the way, and don't find it too annoying. Allows me to play some horde and do emissaries at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I just have trouble believing in. Even if that is really true, if you really cared about those mounts / collectibles, you should have probably increased the number of your capped characters for more attempts.... I don't get it.
    Well then don't believe me. Why would I level more chars anyway? I actively play only 2, rest is just gathering dust. I'm not a hardcore collector that only levels alts to increase number of weekly lockouts to run. I was an altoholic that raids / does dungeons on alts for fun and then uses them on a side for whatever collector needs like farming rares, pet charms, timewalking badges, professions etc. Unfortunately BFA killed my interest in playing alts due to how much worse most specs feel in comparison to their legion / wod / mop gameplay, and too much neverending busywork outside of raids / dungeons that maintaining multiple alts raid / m+ ready is a chore.

I didn't say I was in a hurry to get these mounts, I'm just saying 6 months is long when we're talking about 8 characters and not 1-3 that I'd expect average player has. Arathi also took me until around xmas to collect the mounts afaik, but at start I had less chars so probably total attempt count was less. Took me another month or so to get the kobold toy afterwards. But seriously, accusing me of lying just because I wasn't as lucky as you were?

On an unrelated note, it doesn't seem we're getting the bee mount in 8.2 or at all, which saddens me a lot. Instead we're getting overpriced 6 year old MOP gryphon recolours. At least I can finally get my 100 reps achiev in 8.2 because I never managed to go through the BG grind or the Insane, also missing the Aviana pvp thingy. So sitting at 98 atm.

@Azerate

I mean....these are faction exclusive achievements, there's no need to complete them for your secondary faction. You can even max out your achievement points without doing both of those. So yeah, if you want to do it, it's really on you.

Is thats really the case? Wont achivement point go +5, +10 or w/e on my alliance side if I do the hord once?

7+ Year Old Account
    For me, the primary problem with being a collecter for BFA is that they have made alot of tokens lately, with doubloons and faction marks being the newest. That together with coins of fortune in Legion and overall the timewalker badges, makes it feel really bad to play on multiple toons. I proberly have around 600-700 doubloons on my account, but they are spread between 3-4 characters, so getting the big mount or other expensive rewards seems far off. The same with the expensive faction rewards.

I would really just love if they could start making more things account bound instead of locked to a single character. It makes the playing experience much more fluid in my opinion, as you can work towards rewards in a collected manner and not by just dedicating yourself to a single character.

PS: Ohh and i agree with the Island expeditions somewhat. I don't mind there being ALOT of rewards in that content, but since it is all RNG, it feels like an endless threadmill. Would have loved if you could see the possible rewards each week, grind towards them and when you were done, the game would tell you and allow you to get on with your day.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Islands were, are, and (apparently) always will be the biggest issue in BFA for collectors.

9 essentially unobtainable mounts cannot be topped. I've done over 500 Islands, have every pet 3x over, bought everythign the vendor has to offer, and never seen a mount. If thats the RNG level i'm comfortable with the term, "unobtainable". I mean some extremely lucky people may get one or 2, I cannot imagine anyone has them all.

And this is not only not changing in 8.2, it's getting worse (unless there's a steal change, which there's no indication of).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    BfA has far worse and more important problems then AC hunters and collectors ..

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Maybe, but its still an issue thats is so big it has no Comparison, EVER. BFA has never had this many batshit stupid grinds for, while yes, a small minority of players, but we still matter...Anywho *puts on elitist hat*, the people who dont do this crap dont really play the full game anyway...i know when I inspect somebody with at least 25k achive points I know he wont be a total crap player and he did a lot of content. Its also about getting the full worth of WoW, since you obviously like the game more than others.

PS, "we" are about 50k global players only who grind properly in WoW. Hard to get accurate number, a lot of sites dont properly work to get correct numbers, cause they also count inactive chars/accounts from like..WOD or w/e.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Islands were, are, and (apparently) always will be the biggest issue in BFA for collectors.

9 essentially unobtainable mounts cannot be topped. I've done over 500 Islands, have every pet 3x over, bought everythign the vendor has to offer, and never seen a mount. If thats the RNG level i'm comfortable with the term, "unobtainable". I mean some extremely lucky people may get one or 2, I cannot imagine anyone has them all.

And this is not only not changing in 8.2, it's getting worse (unless there's a steal change, which there's no indication of).
    Im just hoping they fix it in 8.3, or I wont even touch islands in BFA ever....*cough waiting for lvl 130 cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    droprate = (droprate * 10);

There, I fixed it. No Raid Tiers were harmed in this fix.

droprate = (droprate * 10);

There, I fixed it. No Raid Tiers were harmed in this fix.
    0x10 = 0 still

Sorry, I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    0x10 = 0 still

Sorry, I had to.
    /wellplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    @Azerate

Is thats really the case? Wont achivement point go +5, +10 or w/e on my alliance side if I do the hord once?
    Yes. Take a look at your achievement points when you log in to your horde character. If you have less achievements there, which I assume is the case, you will see that the total is lower, because the game disregards your Alliance-only achievements on that character.

Getting those horde-only achievements, will increase your points on that character, but it will not affect the total tally of achi points on your ally character. If you complete all the "equivalent" achievements, that are faction specific, you will just arrive at the same total on both factions. I can see how someone might want to get everything that's possible, but that's probably one of the things that matters the least.

This is unfortunately true. I'm not sure what Blizzard is thinking with this insane feature. Not only is the drop ridiculously low, but you also have to spend time actively playing the game (instead of afking, like on world bosses in MOP), and half of the time you don't even roll on the mount because there are no proper mobs on the randomly rolled island. I did manage to get 1 of these mounts though, so it seems I'm one of the luckier ones
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-06-01 at 03:44 PM.

Rng, rng gated rng, rng this rng that rng everywhere where i have ZERO control access to get them, Example: Island EXPEDITION HOly fuck i only have one mount and been running thousands of it and for some reason i feel.. This is way too punishing rng. I think it's better off when you get higher level in next xpac then come back to IE. SHould be fast plow and etc unless blizzard made a douche move to make it scalable to your level then we are so fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Rng, rng gated rng, rng this rng that rng everywhere where i have ZERO control access to get them, Example: Island EXPEDITION HOly fuck i only have one mount and been running thousands of it and for some reason i feel.. This is way too punishing rng. I think it's better off when you get higher level in next xpac then come back to IE. SHould be fast plow and etc unless blizzard made a douche move to make it scalable to your level then we are so fucked.
    Well also as it stands you cannot solo queue it......

I've been a collector in WoW since its inception. I've been collecting all sorts of things except for tmogs. That said, I've given up on collecting stuff a few months ago after many years of doing that. Why? Cause of ridiculous RNG involved. I've got nearly 500 turn ins of Kirin Tor+Dreamweavers emissaries combined - not a single pet dropped. Even though I was doing all emissaries and some extras like rep tokens for whole Legion, it took me 2 years of the expansion+4 more months in BfA to get those fucked up paragon rewards. There's no fucking way in hell I'm ever going to get honor lvl 500, the only ones that have it abused the systems, period. Even Cdew has something below 400 honor level now. I tried to farm BoE BfA mounts - 10hours powerspawning and not a single drop seen, thanks, bye. Stupid shit like Mekkatorque mount or green Gul'Dan mount - they simply don't drop and the most fucked up thing about them is that their drop rate doesnt scale with raid difficulty. Grinding rated PvP for mounts/saddles takes so much time and sucks so badly (from the warrior PoV...) that I gave up after first season, especially now that pvp guilds are basically non-existant. Retarded achievements, which become undoable once you're scaled up with your gear like Krag'wa one.

There's too many completely retarded things being introduced to the game, dozens of mounts/pets/toys locked behing stupid RNG with each fucking patch. No sane person with at least a bit of life outside the game can somewhat reliably collect stuff now.