Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Elune is an actually person unlike the light.
    Its the same, just Light dont have a single named embodiment unlike Elune. Its religion

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    And they werent threatened by death by Tyrande. She called them back, she pleaded them to fight the darkness in their hearts.
    They are assholes. They are selfish. They don't want "to fight the darkness in their hearts" or serve Tyrande again, for individual reasons.

They don't care if the rest of the Kaldorei die. They are bad people who just want to live more.

At least, thats what I think.

How many times we have seen individuals turning against their people for selfish reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    They are assholes. They are selfish. They don't want "to fight the darkness in their hearts" or serve Tyrande again, for individual reasons.

They don't care if the rest of the Kaldorei die. They are bad people who just want to live more.

At least, thats what I think.

How many times we have seen individuals turning against their people for selfish reasons?
    Thats all fair and true but we are talking about Delaryn specifically who wasnt a bad or selfish person by any stretch of imagination.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Thats all fair and true but we are talking about Delaryn specifically who wasnt a bad or selfish person by any stretch of imagination.
    My argument was for the Forsaken Kaldorei, in general.

Delaryn case is a tricky one, I'll give you that. We don't have enough data, yet. All we know is that "death has a way of making everything clearer". And that she died hating Elune, and maybe Tyrande.

But what clarity is she talking about? She had a vision of somekind after her demise? We don't know yet.

With her arc, I'm cautiously patient. I have the felling that she will be important in the future. Maybe there will be a new novella or short story about her, again. Maybe then, we will know "her clarity".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    With her arc, I'm cautiously patient. I have the felling that she will be important in the future. Maybe there will be a new novella or short story about her, again. Maybe then, we will know "her clarity".
    Any explanation would be good, but we are left with nothing and I will not hold my breath waiting for them to release something.

7+ Year Old Account
    so warden class next expansion ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It totally does make sense though. They were forsaken by Elune which obviously automatically makes them the Forsaken. Because Night Elves apparently don't comprehend capital letters or something along those lines. Perfect representation of multiple facets of Night Elven culture right there.
    I especially liked the "you sent me to die" line.

Fairly certain the order was "scout", not "try to yolo solo Nathanos and co."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    and there will be more to come until Nathanos pulls out.
    For fucks sake...
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2019-05-02 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I only saw one undead Night Elf.

The Dark Warden who is killed defending the Sunreaver, she was at the training grounds too. The rest were Thalassian, I even made a point of poking around to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I especially liked the "you sent me to die" line.

Fairly certain the order was "scout", not "try to yolo solo Nathanos and co."
    You're not thinking "we want to explore multiple aspects of Night Elven culture" enough. She was obviously from some ethnic minority and things simply got lost in translation. Maiev could have said "scout" in the main dialect, but what was understood was "yolo solo anyone in your path, even if a Void Lord manifests in the physical plane".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You're not thinking "we want to explore multiple aspects of Night Elven culture" enough. She was obviously from some ethnic minority and things simply got lost in translation. Maiev could have said "scout" in the main dialect, but what was understood was "yolo solo anyone in your path, even if a Void Lord manifests in the physical plane".
    A darn shame that eloon didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    "As for Sira and Delaryn being raised and joining the Forsaken, that was a “very deliberate choice,” according to Danuser. The team wanted to show various aspects of the Night Elves, as opposed to presenting them as a monolith. We should expect to see them return, too, he says: “These characters are important to the Night Elf culture.”"

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/15/18...s-of-vengeance

See, there's nothing about mind control here : Night Elves suddenly yelling "FOR DA HORDE", and loving their genociders is just some "aspect of the Night Elves".
    Now that's funny. Turns out siding with the people genociding them is just part of Night Elf culture. Then again, the Satyrs and Naga also give credence to the idea somewhat.

What's the point of the Forsaken being free-willed when the vast majority of them don't even act like it, I wonder.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    For fucks sake...
    Oi oi, keep it safe! WoW is a family game
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Now that's funny. Turns out siding with the people genociding them is just part of Night Elf culture. Then again, the Satyrs and Naga also give credence to the idea somewhat.

What's the point of the Forsaken being free-willed when the vast majority of them don't even act like it, I wonder.
    Much like citizens in many democratic countries have the right to assemble peacefully for a redress of grievances, yet it happens quite rarely given the living conditions of a lot of people. It may be inertia, it may be fear, or just the good ol' "!@#$ off everyone, I'm better on my own".
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

What are they even aiming at? I mean why they making those bloody undead characters? Whats the reason behind this mockery?
    Danuser hates the alliance, along with the other devs. So they oddly enough enjoy screwing alliance characters over. When ever they find a chance to. Darkshore is a clear example of that and the bad writing. Mages that could have opened portals to aid the nightelves with troops but never happened. Because Danuser and possibly Alex didn't want the nightelves to have a chance. Yet in the upcoming patch we are suppose to forget and move on past all the crap they wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    That's not really surprising : It's WoW Tyrande we are talking about.
    And yea it's free will, (you can read the interview and the writers) hence why the Horde don't care about it. However when Sylv mind control Derek, there you see the forsaken, etc. loosing their shit.
    I would really like to see this specific Interview where a writer (or any dev for that matter) says without a stupid smirk on his face that the Nelfs (or anybody else) surrected by Sylvanas joined the Horde out of their free will. Because i don't think such an Interview exists.

What is absolutely clear is the comparison between Arthas and Sylvanas all the fucking time. Starting with WoT. The Delaryn scene was basically a carbon copy of Arthas killing+raising Sylvanas.

I think Blizzard will keep true to this comparison till the end, which means at some point Delaryn will break free and lead other undead Night Elves against Sylvanas. Sira, on the other hand, i expect will die serving Sylvanas and whisper "Finally free....thank you..." when she goes down.

Edit:
    I just took a look at the polygon article and the paragraph you refer to is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygon
    As for Sira and Delaryn being raised and joining the Forsaken, that was a “very deliberate choice,” according to Danuser. The team wanted to show various aspects of the Night Elves, as opposed to presenting them as a monolith. We should expect to see them return, too, he says: “These characters are important to the Night Elf culture.”
    I'm sorry, but it is not clear what the "deliberate" choice" is. The Writer telling this story or the characters joining the Horde. I read it in the former sense, that the writers deliberatly wanted Night Elves to be raised and join the Horde ranks because they have plans for these characters later on.

Edit2:
    On an additional note regarding this Polygon article....if the writers really believe the rushed (and to some extend unplanned) Darkshore questline + Warfront were enough to balance 8 fucking months of non-stop Horde-Focus in 3 different types of media (Novels, in-game, prerendered videos)....then i just don't know what to say anymore. But seeing how there has been exactly ZERO followup to anything that happened at Dakshore since 8.1....it's probably 100% spot-on.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-03 at 08:47 AM.

I have a feeling that they are going to merge Dark Rangers and Wardens into a single class for players to choose next expansion. Either Delaryn is going to return to the Alliance to give them the Dark Ranger part, or they are going to make those eclipse NE be the reasoning for it.

I think combining the two would give them enough wiggle room for at least two specs and it would give another (hopefully) mail class. They also might be able to squeeze a tank or healer spec into it. Given the Dark Ranger popularity when it comes to future class speculation, I think this would be a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Much like citizens in many democratic countries have the right to assemble peacefully for a redress of grievances, yet it happens quite rarely given the living conditions of a lot of people. It may be inertia, it may be fear, or just the good ol' "!@#$ off everyone, I'm better on my own".
    I mean, being best buds with the smelly dead people who sought to genocide your race and pulled you from your grave so you could fight for them is quite a step farther than not protesting high taxes IRL or something.

Seems to imply the night elves are losing over in Darkshore? Interesting, to say the least.

To be fair on the Wardens she could have just popped by the Vault of the Wardens. Lots of dead wardens in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Seems to imply the night elves are losing over in Darkshore? Interesting, to say the least.

To be fair on the Wardens she could have just popped by the Vault of the Wardens. Lots of dead wardens in there.
    The Alliance is winning on all fronts, but before that the forsaken were around there for months, in theory they could have resurrected thousands of night elves from Ashenvale up to darkshore.