Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Imagine if they ought to pay taxes too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besiedes of all shit, they still making money. No hope for blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Is WoW a mobile game(yet)? No. It's not.

I said on the market. As in the PC game market. You could even compare it to other games that have a full box buy in price + a subscription.

The cash shop is a fucking DISGRACE. Stop defending it.
    I mean, if you really want to compare it to something equal.

Appearance Change:
    Wow - 15 USD; FFXIV - 10 USD

Race Change:
    Wow - 25 USD; FFXIV - 10 USD

Faction Change:
    Wow - 30 USD; FFXIV - No Equivalent

Name Change:
    Wow - 10 USD; FFXIV - 10 USD

Full Boost a Character, Story and Class/Job:
    Wow - 60 USD; FFXIV - 55 USD

Just boost a Job/Class:
    Wow - 60 USD; FFXIV - 25 USD

Server Transfer:
    Wow - 25 USD; FFXIV - 10 USD

Mounts:
    Wow - 25 to 30 USD; FFXIV - 12 to 30 USD

Pets:
    Wow - 10 USD; FFXIV - 5 to 7 USD

Base Sub:
    Wow - 14.99; FFXIV - 12.99 or 14.99

I just grabbed FF because it's got a very similar shop to wow.

Going with the current trend used by any Youtubers / Forum posters

Game is Dead move on , Blizzard sucks.

Oh it is hilarious how Blizzard acts all positive but their consumers not their shareholders know the state of their games.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is not even mentioned lol

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Diablo could have been a perfect IP for a Battle Royale game
    Blizzard might have a BR game in the Incubator, but I think they're largely going to leave it up to CoD/rest of Activision to focus on publishing that genre (since they're all one big company anyway)

If only they had the foresight to go for a Battle Royale game instead of a MOBA in HOTS

I don't get why Blizzard isn't launching a revamped WoW 2.0 with new graphics and more modern mechanics. It would be a blast. By "new graphics" I mean same art/style with (a lot) better models, textures and lighting stuff. Just like Valve that doesn't go for HalfLife3... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    I don't get why Blizzard isn't launching a revamped WoW 2.0 with new graphics and more modern mechanics. It would be a blast. By "new graphics" I mean same art/style with (a lot) better models, textures and lighting stuff. Just like Valve that doesn't go for HalfLife3... Why?
    I don't think "WoW 2" will ever happen unless the masses start to favor MMO's again. I think a new Warcraft IP would be great though (ie not WoW 2 or Warcraft 4). I don't see it happening anytime soon, I imagine WoW (and now remasters of (classic)) have at least five more years to give before major updates/ development becomes financially dubious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Blizzard might have a BR game in the Incubator, but I think they're largely going to leave it up to CoD/rest of Activision to focus on publishing that genre (since they're all one big company anyway)

If only they had the foresight to go for a Battle Royale game instead of a MOBA in HOTS
    Yeah I'm sure Blizz has some decent ideas on paper for a BR, but it wouldn't make sense to develop it with as successful as BO4 is. Unless it's a dramatic new take on the genre that could attract non BR fans, as at this point you either like them or you don't.

Here I was promised the company were dying... I feel cheated.

Could someone clarify if quarterly MAU is an average of MAU across 3 months or a sum of MAU in 3 months?

Oh I thought Blizzard were dead and gone.

Anyway, I really wish Blizzard were working on a warcraft RPG. Probably around 0% chances for that though. Easy cashgrabs from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Wonder what they are working on with games.

PLEASE not mobile and PLEASE not BR
    Blizzard : "We are proud to announce the release of our new BR mobile game!"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Here I was promised the company were dying... I feel cheated.
    It's all about the chase, my friend. WoW (and Blizz in general) are great targets for internet warriors to shit on. Every REALLY shit games/companies don't have huge hate circlejerks.. they are just dead and forgotten.

So... Blizz for sure will be dead next year, this time we're super cereal ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Blizzard : "We are proud to announce the release of our new BR mobile game!"
    Yeah well I used to have high hopes & trust for Blizzard. I grew up with them and the games they made. They set the standard and really delivered, for many years. That trust has slowly but steadily gone down.

At this point, I dont expect much in the future.

We will get new heroes in Overwatch.
    Doubtful we will get anything regarding Starcraft 2. Maybe some push for Esports?
    Have my doubts for Diablo 4, but here lies the bigges possibility of a "new" game.
    HS gets standard xpac features.
    WoW will get a new xpac.

Sadly I think Blizzard will present some mobile stuff at Blizzcon(even though last year went badly).
    Theres an odd chance for a BR game, surely hope not. Theres enough of that already going around.

I just wish they had the balls to actually create something fresh and new again, with the Blizzard stample on. They did it with Overwatch, and it was a welcomed game and change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's all about the chase, my friend. WoW (and Blizz in general) are great targets for internet warriors to shit on. Every REALLY shit games/companies don't have huge hate circlejerks.. they are just dead and forgotten.

So... Blizz for sure will be dead next year, this time we're super cereal ;D.
    Well at this point Blizzard/activision are so big they can just cop out and create easy cashgrab shite games. It seems like Blizzard dont need to create and release class A games anymore. They can take shortcuts and they obviously live in the short term, from earning call to earning call.

What once made Blizzard great, and what once made Blizzard THE company to go to if you wanted great games, is now almost depleted. The people who once were in charge there are long gone and the focus has shifted. It ment something when Blizzard released a game, it ment something when it had the Blizzard logo on it.

They wont die, ofc not. But will they be regarded as highly as they once did? No.

On a side note.... any news about Diablo Immortal? Seemed quite in a ready state when they announced it 6 months ago.

DURR BLIZZARD ISNT DYING EHUEUHHEE

WoW not even mentioned.

>people think more maps and heros for overwatch keeps the game alive.

Nope, it makes the game harder for casuals, killing the game faster.

What you guys doing here ? Mmo-champion is dying. We should all move to facebook. No microbtransaction and it has more user. /s

Lmao this thread is hilarious. "Why don't Blizzard make a new game" uhh because their current IPs are literally raining cash and all of them are fantastic. Someone in this thread even said "consumers know the real state of blizzard shareholders know nothing" as if the SEC isn't a bunch of absolute bloodhounds. WoW, Blizzard, ATVI - none of them are going anywhere, no matter how many YouTubers make clickbait videos saying everything is dying.