Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Yep that's what people in Venezuela are saying, too.
    Too bad they can't arrest people based on sheer stupidity.
    Hey, are you writing my comebacks for me?
    Dude's having a dialogue all on his own. This aint no fun like this.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

In the 50s they were bad to black people and generally anyone not white too. It just went unreported by media. You didnt have social media to spread the word and everyone didn't have a camera in thier pockets to take stills and videos of it happening. Today the media isn't silent and cameras allow documentation to flow freely around them om social media even if they were. So now we know. Notice It still doesnt happen a ton to white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    In the 50s they were bad to black people and generally anyone not white too. It just went unreported by media. You didnt have social media to spread the word and everyone didn't have a camera in thier pockets to take stills and videos of it happening. Today the media isn't silent and cameras allow documentation to flow freely around them om social media even if they were. So now we know. Notice It still doesnt happen a ton to white people.
    I used to say something along these lines every time someone mentioned the "good ol' days", years of repeating myself have worn me down.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric View Post
    You want to go back to a time where the police could indiscriminately target black people without repercussion?

Yeah... look at those two racist black police officers going after that black criminal. They must have targeted him because he is black... like they are.

i'd guess the hair cuts come from a lot of vets going into the field. quality of recruits goes to pay... when you pay someone 20-40k a year starting pay to deal with they do its not going to attract the best people. bump that up to 80k min starting and you will start to see some quality folks and can be selective.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric View Post
    You want to go back to a time where the police could indiscriminately target black people without repercussion?
    Go back? You might want to take the time to read about what is still going on today...

We haven't progressed as much as people would like to think.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You still can, what are you talking about lol

Unless you live in some wacko state like New York

If you live in my state of Virginia however:

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/stat...aws/virginia/#

It's to my understanding that there is no law saying I can't have "firearms" or "non bladed projectile firing devices"
    While it is legal to own and purchase fully automatic machine guns in the US, it is not a realistic choice for the great majority of citizens. The cost is prohibitive based on the fact machine guns are not manufactured for sale to the public anymore and they can cost in the neighborhood of $30,000+ for those ones that are up for sale. Then there is the federal stamp which is required. And some conditions which the average citizen may not meet.

And the overall crime rate in the US has declined, esp violent crimes. The media likes to paint the drama filled picture things are getting a lot worse. If you look at the rates we had back before say, the 1990's, the crime rate, esp violent crimes such as murder, have declined. The police overall, have been doing a great job.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    1950s

Where did this shaved head bs come from?
    I guess you never been in a fight.

Should American police work harder to attract a more classy recruit?
    The best way to attract recruits is not to demonize police for doing their job

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Militarization happened. Bald cuts are a military thing, and the US police force is basically state-run militaries, now.
    It is also extremely common for soldiers returning from overseas leaving the military to transfer to law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    but muh freedumbs
    what if govurnmnt
    tresspass on mah property
    I find it horribly sad that your statement has far too much truth to it. There's too many radicals out there who believe if they're forced to give up their AK47s, modified to be fully automatic and their thousands of rounds of ammunition that the next day the government will become Big Brother and we'll all be slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s not. It’s common for MPs and CID to leave the military and pursue a career in law enforcement.
    Now I need to dig up stats.

Everyone I know personally who has been in the military transitioned, at least for a time, into law enforcement and almost all of them have stated that it was a common practice. I also have a brother-in-law who was not in the military who was trying to get into law enforcement and he said it was difficult because they were primarily hiring veterans.

RCMP while not perfect are held to much higher standard because they are federal and all have the same level of training, townies will never be as skilled as that.

The grunts, maybe - like the infantry guys. They don’t really learn any useful skills to use outside of the military so law enforcement may be the go-to option.
    I'm having trouble finding anything with concrete numbers (probably because I've found a few stating this is not a tracked statistic, go figure) but here's an article from a police resource stating it is common.
    https://www.policemag.com/341085/mil...aw-enforcement

As far as position I would say it depend on their role. I know infantry who became cops, marine officers who worked for federal law enforcement agencies, and so on. Position in law enforcement depended on position in the military, but it was still a transition to something under the law enforcement umbrella.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Short hair has nearly always been a thing for People in Roles that may involve dangerous circumstances. Short hairs means you don't get hair in your face whilst running, You don't have something in your eyes in a crucial moment, An Assailant can't grabs your hair as a means to incapacitate you if you have no hair, It's easier to maintain and keep looking tidy.

There are many benefits of Short hair for Police officers.
    The Romans started this in the legions so you couldn’t grab a man by the hair and slit his throat.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

American culture hasn't changed much at all.

We have the internet now so an incident involving a police officer in Baton Rouge Louisiana is now known all over the country and even internationally.

I think it's good in a way. Let's discuss it. It can only make the police better.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    but muh freedumbs
    what if govurnmnt
    tresspass on mah property
    Imagine memeing on the Constitution and Bill of Rights

Good luck defending your self or family without any sort of firearm. Hope you can make it a phone to call the cops if something happens, and I hope they're there quick enough to help you out.

Yeah, it talks about them be flooded with candidates because of the Afghanistan and Iraq war, which is when President Bush wanted more bodies in the military, many of which were in Combat/Infantry MOS’s, listed here:

https://m.goarmy.com/careers-and-job.../combat.m.html
    So it was common then.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    Because the crime has changed. As the criminals get harder, so must the police.
    Crime is down... so much so that police in many jurisdictions are remanded for not "finding" crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    Imagine memeing on the Constitution and Bill of Rights

Good luck defending your self or family without any sort of firearm. Hope you can make it a phone to call the cops if something happens, and I hope they're there quick enough to help you out.
    How do people in other countries do it?

The grunts, maybe - like the infantry guys. They don’t really learn any useful skills to use outside of the military so law enforcement may be the go-to option.
    I think he is more talking about the % of police officers who use to be military and you're talking about the % of military who become police officers. You will get totally different numbers out of the same story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure is easy to tell which posters live here in the US and know reality and those posters who are from other countries and want to spew bullshit. Sad really.