Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It aint fun. Were at 403 wipes and we've only been the wall 3 times. Granted we're carrying like 4 people and it makes it impossible.
    Ion's guild started working on Jainna, so it should get nerfed soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    With or without gear, gearing up a plethora of alts is easy (armor stacked heroic clears and m+ dropping heroic gear) and Method has reached a point where they just figure out which class is best (not just dps-wise) and stack a dozen of them.
    Eh, no. We wont see anything even close to CoS class stacking, because when was the last time we saw it? Nefarian in Cata? Firstly, tiers/raids have more bosses than 2, which means more fights variety and more comps viability. Secondly, there will be simply not enough time between patch and raid release. And figuring out what classes will be best can easily fail, as we saw in Uldir with Method going for hunts, instead of locks. And of course you can't forget about nerfs/buffs to classes, which may happen more or less suddenly.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-05-03 at 09:54 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What the fuck was blizzard thinking and why wont they just nerf this dude by 50%?
    What i find funny is that the top end community widely agrees that the boss is killable.

Also shouldn't underestimate the fact that while Method has been dayraiding most days and have a ton of pulls, they did constantly have to switch a large amount of people in and out due to necessity. Their progression curve is probably far less linear than it would have been if they could have just stuck to mostly the same roster the whole time. Especially on a fight like this, which seems pretty heavy on coordination between individual raid members with stuff like the star augur mechanic. I imagine constantly having to get (re)acquainted with eachother's movement is going to cause more than a few wipes. On top of the obvious learning curve that each new player has to go through.

733 pulls.. jeez, good thing we can't even kill jaina we gonna insta ff crucible

It's so cool to have boss like that. I dont play WoW anymore (waiting Classic) but it's very enjoyable to see guilds struggling against Uu'Nat

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niirb View Post
    What i find funny is that the top end community widely agrees that the boss is killable.
    It probably is, but egos play a part as well. They put so much effort, stacked the raid to an incredible degree, wipes over 700 times, got to 2%... at that point, it becomes "this shit better be worth it, don't you dare nerf it so someone else gets it before us."

Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    Also shouldn't underestimate the fact that while Method has been dayraiding most days and have a ton of pulls, they did constantly have to switch a large amount of people in and out due to necessity. Their progression curve is probably far less linear than it would have been if they could have just stuck to mostly the same roster the whole time. Especially on a fight like this, which seems pretty heavy on coordination between individual raid members with stuff like the star augur mechanic. I imagine constantly having to get (re)acquainted with eachother's movement is going to cause more than a few wipes. On top of the obvious learning curve that each new player has to go through.
    This isn't quite accurate. They have switched some people in and out due to MDI and Sco on vacation but not a large amount of people. A lot of the current people who did have to be moved in and out for attempts, for instance Meeres from priest to monk and Zaelia from heals to dps are exceptions but most of them have been there the entire time. Why do I know this? Because I've followed the stream every single day while at work and I know a literally nauseating amount of stuff from their attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahlah View Post
    This isn't quite accurate. They have switched some people in and out due to MDI and Sco on vacation but not a large amount of people. A lot of the current people who did have to be moved in and out for attempts, for instance Meeres from priest to monk and Zaelia from heals to dps are exceptions but most of them have been there the entire time. Why do I know this? Because I've followed the stream every single day while at work and I know a literally nauseating amount of stuff from their attempts.
    I guess that depends on what you think is a lot. They have a roster of like 28 people, almost all of whom have been in for significant stretches of the pulls. It most certainly wasn't just the MDI people and Sco, it also involved several people that had to work. If every day you're switching in and out 2-5 people throughout the day (not counting people that switched roles/classes), I'd classify that as a lot. At least more than you ideally would, since it wasn't based on comp but on availability.

Pieces going strong, not a casual guild like Method who only raids evenings

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Ion's guild started working on Jainna, so it should get nerfed soon.
    Hot. Im just looking for a 10% hp nerf and 25% less damage on chilling stacks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niirb View Post
    With a 2% wipe it must be, but the lengths to do that is unreasonable

I wonder if Blizzard communicates to the top guilds asking them if they want the boss nerfed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welp rip method

Pieces world first.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Well done Pieces.

I feel bad for Method, they put in so many pulls only to come in second place.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Same goes for the last two end bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Just like every other top guild?