Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pet Levelling is Boring - How do you do it?

I love pet battling. Especially the collecting part.

But leveling of pets is so. god. damn. boring. I currently have a list of 243 pets i need to level, it grows every day.

In Legion i'd get pet bags from doing m+ and then just level them from that.

Now that that method has been removed, how do you level your pets? The main ways i see are:

- Spamming battles at the river in Vale of Eternal Blossoms
    - Doing old pet battles that have no rewards and take forever
    - Leveling them hyper slowly through BFA world quests
    - Waiting for the squirt + weekly event combo that happens once every 3 or 4 months

Is there a way i'm missing, or is pet leveling really this boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I love pet battling. Especially the collecting part.

But leveling of pets is so. god. damn. boring. I currently have a list of 243 pets i need to level, it grows every day.

In Legion i'd get pet bags from doing m+ and then just level them from that.

Now that that method has been removed, how do you level your pets? The main ways i see are:

- Spamming battles at the river in Vale of Eternal Blossoms
    - Doing old pet battles that have no rewards and take forever
    - Leveling them hyper slowly through BFA world quests
    - Waiting for the squirt + weekly event combo that happens once every 3 or 4 months

Is there a way i'm missing, or is pet leveling really this boring?
    Squirt alone without the bonus xp is not that bad. When i mass leveled my pets I used to watch something on my second monitor, and just spammed the shit out of squirt that whole day.

Squirt/Pandaria Dailies/WoD dailies is what I use, everything else not really worth it.

Buy Ultimate Battle-Training Stone
    Summon pet I want to level
    use the stone

Not been very active this expansion and don't have that many alts yet. Despite that I still have pretty much all vendor pets bought and still have over 2000 Polished Pet Charms left.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Squirt/Pandaria Dailies/WoD dailies is what I use, everything else not really worth it.
    In NA, May 24th would be your idea day to level pets. You can also check out Warcraft Pets for Squirt scheduling *the link provided is scheduling through July*

I have about 600 pets I plan to push through during the next pet battle week. I've been leveling pets as a way for leveling 110-120 and although it is tedious, it kills two birds with one stone. I usually go by our farm in Halfhill with a critter crew. The Zandalari Anklerender (I think that's the one I'm using), can solo these pets easily with no need for healing if you time the ability that heals your pet if it kills the other.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Use the 300+ leveling stones in my bank from Legion.

I'm the same and I guess my answer is I don't. Starting in Legion I do the pet battle WQs. I went ham at the start of BFA since you could only get the pets from the charms so I did the WQs and missions that gave charms every day (sometimes on alts too) until I got all the pets. Since then I don't tryhard AS much, but I do usually get the pet battle WQs done and in the long run it adds up. I save all of the stuff in my bank (leveling stones, rarity stones and charms) and after a few months I use it all to upgrade my pets and I use all leveling stones and usually buy a lot of 1-25 ones.

It's not too bad honestly. Like some days the only pet battles that are up give bandages but then other days maybe there's a WQ for 4x +1 level to dragonkin pets and another one for 15 charms. The other day I did 4x WQs that all gave charms, probably got 60 charms or so from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raised all my pets to level 25 now (over 1000 unique). Leveled a lot from MoP to BFA by defauly by doing battles, collecting, doing achivs etc. I bought a lot of level 25 pets on AH that were cheap as well. And most importantly, I used those Pet marks in WoD and Legion. A max level pet item didn't cost much and if you did dailies and WQ's on multiple characters, you stacked up on them crazy fast.

All new BFA pets I either bought on AH at level 25 or used the new polished pet marks, however, it's MUCH slower to get those now than back in Legion. :/

If you use those max level items, start with the non tradeable pets!!

My current favorite method is kind of a two for one special of leveling.

I take an alt, typically level 90+, and park them at a tamer daily in MoP or WoD zones. You can safely do this with many of the trainers at even lower levels but getting your alt to them can be a bit tricky unless you have a second account or a friend to help you travel.
    Anyway, put an alt at a tamer daily, pop your safari hat on and use a 2 pet/leveling strat for that tamer. Your alt gets exp for winning the battle and turning in the daily quest. Your leveling pet gets a nice boost and if you do MoP tamers you get a bag of goodies with pet supplies, stones and rarely pets.

Lets you passively level as many alts as you want while boosting your pets up relatively quickly. Pet treats that boost pet exp can be used to speed this up even more. Typically a level 1 pet will take 5 trainer battles to reach 25 with just the hat, but if you use both treats I think you can do it in 2 or 3 battles.

If you're looking to spend as little time leveling pets as possible, getting stones via pet charms is a good alternative but RNG if you get world quests and missions that reward them.

You can also use most Legion tamers to level pets endlessly, although which ones are up varies from day to day. Any of the actual tamers that spawn in New Dalaran work well for this. Same pet exp as a MoP/WoD tamer, and again can be used to passively level an alt as well.
    They can be a great alternative to the super squirt strategy if the pet week is active and its super easy to check if they are up and you're generally one click away from Dalaran at all times.

Wait until the Pet Weekend event starts. Get a few pet treats, and run the WoD pet tamers every day. I can get 3 pets from 1-25 in two battles each.

Do that for 7 days, that's 42 pets leveled from 1-25.

I wait until weekly pet battle event and run Wod and mop dailies to level up pets
    And buy the level 25 epic stone with pet charms

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait until pet battle weekly bonus and either for Squirt or any of the repeatable Legion Pet Tamers with a healthy stack of bandages after each battle.

I'm not really sure why anyone doesn't mention that quite a few of the broken isles tamers (not on broken shore) are repeatable and give full XP. Some of them are faster than Squirt, so I'm not sure why they don't get any love.

I've leveled every pet I own (all 1368) to 25 that way.

I picked out the best teams to do WQs with. leveled them manually to get off the ground, then did a bunch of WQs, loaded up on charms, and then bought a bunch of stones to level up more pets to 25 automatically with the charms.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Maybe not the answer you're looking for, but approach it more methodically and regularly rather than "I want all of it right now". While that might be slightly faster, it will also burn you out in a major way.

Here's what I'd suggest:
    -Wait for a pbattle WQ that awards charms
    -Do it with multiple characters
    -You go to a Battle/WQ/Trainer for the achievement you wanna do, you check the strat, you find out you need pets X, Y, Z.
    -Spend charms on leveling stones for those pets
    -Complete the challenge

That's what I personally did in Legion, but I think the system works pretty much the same now, except for the new currency, so it should work the same.

For the record, I have "just" 220 pets at max level. This was enough to get every single pet battle achievement except for the 250 pvp battles which I barely do as they are annoying as hell.

Time to throw up apps and see who actually wants a rogue these days.

There has got to be a better way to level pets. I don't have any high level pets, don't have any tokens. I just want to do the Pet Battle dailies in Naz/Mech so I can get flying faster.

Pet Battles are so dreadfully boring and slow. I ... I just can't do it.

I am leveling alts and pets at the same time.

First character is outside goldshire or orgrimar if it is horde or alliance (this quest gets turned in to battler when done)
    Second one is outside crossroads (do not turn in)
    Thirdis parked at westfall (do not turn this one in)
    Fourth is Lakeshire ( do not turn in)
    Fifth is Duskwood (do not turn in)
    Sixth is Northern Stranglethorn (turn in quest)
    Seventh is outside Booty Bay (do not turn in)
    Eighth is outside Karazhan (turn in)
    Ninth is Winterspring (turn in)
    Tenth is Hellfire Penninsula (turn in)
    Eleventh is Shatt City (turn in) this also tend to be where I park the alt that turns in the five quests not turned in above, you can complete them right from quest panel and do not have to go to original battler. Pretty sure this is how that double agent pandarian that has not chosen a faction levels his toons.
    Twelfth is farmer outside Halfhill in Pandaria (turn in)
    Thriteenth is bird battle in Barrens (still have not got the pet from bag (turn in)
    Fourteenth is Vale of Blossoms (turn in)
    Last is Shadowmoon Valley (Warlords version) where I get the last level on the pet I have been carrying above, and a second pet that I have been slowly creeping up from mid levels.

Some of the battles give XP when one as well as from quest. I am on my fourth allied race to 110 using this and it gets one level 25 pet a day. 3 level 25 every two days during pet battle week. I also pick up the defeat 5 warlord masters and turn that in weekly. The charms are no longer that usefull so I buy stuff and sell for gold every once in a while and I have more than enough pet bandages from some of the quest bags that I have more than I will ever use.

I tend to do this at work during breaks or just when I feel like not working. Does not take long if you have the correct level 25 pets carrying the other(s)

I got a ton of tokens from Legion table missions and used them to buy ultimate stones. Still have 20 or so left after doing the Stratholme and Wailing Caverns dungeons for the teleports and the Naz/Mechagon legendaries for rep. So I don't level anything.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I've been dreading it myself.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

When Sir Galveston is up in Dalaran during a pet battle week, you can take any pet from 1-25 in two battles; around 1:15 a fight. He hasn't been up this week, but hopefully tomorrow or Monday.