Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Frostbolt Rank 10 damage 515 to 556 2.5sec cast. Thats 200dps.
    Im discounting any buffs/talents/crits no spelldmg as everything will even out with huge miss rate. You aint looking to bring 30 mages early on, do you? WIth undergeared tanks you would probably need to bring more healers.

we will see how it pans out.
    Mage arent even top dps at this stage of the game and they will do far better than 200dps. Especially with buff and etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It will be cleared couple hours after its opening. Nearly 0 mechanics with extremly easy to play classes. Heck you could easily pug it day1 and clear it.
    You obviously know nothing about MC. It will be impossible to clear it opening week as no one will be able to douse all the runes needed to even spawn Majordomo.

w/o progressive itemization, only reputation will slow down MC clears

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    You obviously know nothing about MC. It will be impossible to clear it opening week as no one will be able to douse all the runes needed to even spawn Majordomo.
    Have a few players farm rep in silithus, do the quests, farm a few trash in MC, then get the hand. Have warlock at MC entrance and on azshara island to summon and make the travel faster, Done.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    You need 1 person at honored, which I seem to remember is doable without ever entering MC.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It will get melted week 2. Uber nerds may be able to do it week 1.

Any guild where people have EVER raided anything more serious than lfr will 8/10 first week. Simply because the strats have been common knowledge since 2005. Guides are everywhere. Sure if you can find 40 people who never played retail Vanilla, never did mc during the rerelease in Cata or mop, and don’t know video guides exist—they may wipe once on a given boss.

Take lucifron—if you’re a mage or Druid and your first thought after seeing 40 curses go out isn’t to de curse—regardless of having advanced knowlEdge or reading a guide—if your first thought isn’t to de curse—you’re shit and should go back to Call of Duty.

If on geddon you don’t read your debuff and see one saps mana the other BLOWS YOU UP and you don’t think to move away from everyone else—you’re terrible.

Every mechanic In that instance is obvious and has been done a million times across every other wow expansion. If you can’t figure it out in the fly first pull, you shouldn’t be playing WoW, you should be drawing with/eating crayons.

Quote Originally Posted by sourlol View Post
    It will get melted week 2. Uber nerds may be able to do it week 1.

Any guild where people have EVER raided anything more serious than lfr will 8/10 first week. Simply because the strats have been common knowledge since 2005. Guides are everywhere. Sure if you can find 40 people who never played retail Vanilla, never did mc during the rerelease in Cata or mop, and don’t know video guides exist—they may wipe once on a given boss.

Take lucifron—if you’re a mage or Druid and your first thought after seeing 40 curses go out isn’t to de curse—regardless of having advanced knowlEdge or reading a guide—if your first thought isn’t to de curse—you’re shit and should go back to Call of Duty.

If on geddon you don’t read your debuff and see one saps mana the other BLOWS YOU UP and you don’t think to move away from everyone else—you’re terrible.

Every mechanic In that instance is obvious and has been done a million times across every other wow expansion. If you can’t figure it out in the fly first pull, you shouldn’t be playing WoW, you should be drawing with/eating crayons.
    So you dont think that an overwhelming majority of the playerbase are absolutely terrible? Gotta admire such optimism...

I think too many people have a wrong idea about tanks survivality levels even in MC with greens/blue gear becouse of (? my guess) private servers.
    I havent played on private servers but after seeing some fights on YT the numbers there were so damn awfully low and out of place. Anyone suggesting to outheal frenzies or shieldwalling it with just 1 hunter with tanks in greens/blues first week. You joking bro?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    HAHAHA!! Joke of the day.

Was you around for the 10 years aniversary?? It was a wipe fest of epic proportions.. And that was with player abilities that didn't even exist in Vanilla. It was with proper itemization.

It was scaled down to level 60, you everyone was still in epic gear with the stats to match. In Vanilla, next to none had epic gear when the delved into MC..
    Kids like you are definitely in for a shock if you think MC will prove a challenge to any guild that isn't full of, well, kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Kids like you are definitely in for a shock if you think MC will prove a challenge to any guild that isn't full of, well, kids.
    no, i think you're in for a shock when people don't realize that they are going back to vanilla with how bad it was itemization wise as well as numbers wise, just because people have the knowledge doesn't mean they can overcome bad mechanics or just the sheer numbers that it will take to do such damage to kill the boss before the enrage timer lol.....idiot
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    no, i think you're in for a shock when people don't realize that they are going back to vanilla with how bad it was itemization wise as well as numbers wise, just because people have the knowledge doesn't mean they can overcome bad mechanics or just the sheer numbers that it will take to do such damage to kill the boss before the enrage timer lol.....idiot
    Like I said, kids like you are in for a shock if you think this will happen. MC is easy as shit. I mean while I can only go by impressions for how intelligent you are, I'll be nice and assume you've heard of private servers? People have been steamrolling MC for over a decade.

Somewhat related, considering you think MC will actually require significant DPS: did you know Onyxia was 4-manned DURING VANILLA (ie not a private server)? And that was with one fucking DPS.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2019-05-03 at 10:38 PM.

MC will go pretty quickly for a lot of guilds, it is after all a starter raid for vanilla and everyone and their dog knows the fights. BWL wont take long either and boss kills wont start to slow down until AQ. Even AQ and naxx arent gonna take weeks either.

The classic wow meta wont actually be first kills, it will be speed running the raids. Thats been the ps meta for a long time now and it will be that way in classic. For the vast majority of guilds though, raiding will just be a guild activity and most dont or wont care at all about speed kills or server firsts.

MC will be cleared by the first guild that can get 30+ people to 60. so 5-6 days ?
    The rest of the content will be cleared 1-3 hours after its released.

What is there to talk about? MC will be cleared as soon as a guild has enough players to get in there. BWL will be cleared day 1 when it opens. AQ40 and AQ20 day 1 when it opens. ZG the same, Naxxramas the same. The reason why it is so, isnt because of the difficulty, its hard enough that people who dont know what they get into will struggle.

It's that the content has been done to death, its a farm raid. And any farm raid is easy.
    Last edited by Essem; 2019-05-04 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    I think too many people have a wrong idea about tanks survivality levels even in MC with greens/blue gear becouse of (? my guess) private servers.
    I havent played on private servers but after seeing some fights on YT the numbers there were so damn awfully low and out of place. Anyone suggesting to outheal frenzies or shieldwalling it with just 1 hunter with tanks in greens/blues first week. You joking bro?
    Boss damage are often buffed on pserver to make it more challengeable. Boss don't hit that hard. And frenzy only increase his attack speed by 150% sure, that's alot but tank won't get one shot, you just need to heal more often even if he is not using shield wall. And AFAIK he is tauntable so even if the mt die, offtank can pick it up.

Here is a vanilla video of Magmadar for example, you can see that he really doesn't hit that hard (sure the tank probably have decent gear but even assuming that a blue geared tank will get hit twice as hard, it would still be far from a one shot so it doable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1lLlqeq3E

Here's another vanilla video from a t2 geared tank perspective :
    https://youtu.be/Sk8D3sz9bRY?t=232
    The t2 geared tank only get hit for about 750-1k damage. I can tell you that Magmadar on private server do more damage than that on a t2 geared tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, mc ain't shit. I'm a vanilla vet and have little interest in playing classic. I did it all before. New stuff is what's appealing not nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids like me? Judging by your name, I'm 20 years your senior..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    1. Yes it did. You had to manage a bunch of debuffing and a lot of other stuff.

2. It wasn't Overtuned, lol. It was just brought up to current level.

3. The majority of players did not and it had to be nerfed.
    anniversary mc was definitely overtuned and players lacked tools to handle some mechanics (like, you know, decurse was removed from bunch of classes and all dispels were given a cooldown)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

you've heard of private servers?
    Lol private servers .....even though i know MC wont be a chellenge at all 8/10 but you just cant compare retail wow to private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by krouger View Post
    Lol private servers .....even though i know MC wont be a chellenge at all 8/10 but you just cant compare retail wow to private servers.
    Give me one good reason why you can't. Are you one of them loonies that think the values are so different that it isn't comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Kids like me? Judging by your name, I'm 20 years your senior..
    I was just judging by the way you write and how little you seem to know about the game along with your childish signature. My bad.