Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After listening to what ViklunD said prior to going offline, about being in a clinic for mental health, and checking himself out of said clinic to be in the race. If any of the leadership in Method knew about this, or if anyone in the guild did and they still allowed it, that's beyond fkd.

Quote Originally Posted by plexxrock View Post
    After listening to what ViklunD said prior to going offline, about being in a clinic for mental health, and checking himself out of said clinic to be in the race. If any of the leadership in Method knew about this, or if anyone in the guild did and they still allowed it, that's beyond fkd.
    Okay, Mr. Posts: 1.

I dont really keep up with retail WoW anymore, but isnt this a bit embarassing for method? They are way beyond what the pats are in football from what i understand, does any other guild even pay their raiders like method does? If i was in charge of that org i would call for an immediate restructure of that raid team, this should not have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Okay, Mr. Posts: 1.
    How is post count even relevant, it's on his VOD. I stopped playing two years ago, and haven't been logged in for a long time and i can't be bothered with trying to use the thing they setup to recover deleted accounts that was on the mainpage.

Method couldn't overgear the content by buying every TF from multiple servers like they do in bigger raids so they lost obviously.

How is post count even relevant, it's on his VOD. I stopped playing two years ago, and haven't been logged in for a long time and i can't be bothered with trying to use the thing they setup to recover deleted accounts that was on the mainpage.
    The value of your opinion is determined by your post count.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    ViklunD last 3 minutes before he logged off was kind of depressing to watch.

Don't think he's going to be raiding anymore.
    What did he say? The ending of his VoD is apparently muted, so can't listen to it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    What did he say? The ending of his VoD is apparently muted, so can't listen to it..
    That he'd been doing bad for a while, had been in a clinic, and that he checked himself out of said clinic in order to be there for this race. And that he's most likely gonna go back there.

I really hope none of the people in the guild knew about this prior to the race starting, or even during it.

Well, shit i was hoping for limits but Pieces just got it... Well gratz, they deserved it. (not really familiar with that guild)

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    He's been having mental health issues and he left his treatment to get world first. Now he thinks he should go back to treatment.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

It's refreshing to see a new name at the #1 spot. The WF race has been almost as boringly predictable as Formula One for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    He's been having mental health issues and he left his treatment to get world first. Now he thinks he should go back to treatment.
    I'd agree with him a thousand times over. Yes, raiding is fun and I'm sure getting World Firsts is exhilarating but is absolutely not worth your mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'd agree with him a thousand times over. Yes, raiding is fun and I'm sure getting World Firsts is exhilarating but is absolutely not worth your mental health.
    I just wanna know if people in the guild knew about it, because if they did, they really need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror for allowing him to be in it.

I just wanna know if people in the guild knew about it, because if they did, they really need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror for allowing him to be in it.
    Are you assuming that participating in the race was bad for him? It sounds like you're trying to be a social justice warrior for the sake of it, without acknowledging that you might not understand the situation at all, and that his guild knew and understood it better.

You are trying too hard. Your question was answered by Scripe on stream with "wait what????? wtf are you talking about" yet you move your crap here.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Are you assuming that participating in the race was bad for him? It sounds like you're trying to be a social justice warrior for the sake of it, without acknowledging that you might not understand the situation at all, and that his guild knew and understood it better.
    If I knew a team mate of mine left treatment for mental issues to raid with us I would tell him to log off and get his ass back into treatment because its not worth it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    The suggestion being that now, suddenly, people we play games with should have access to elements of our real life? Method MIGHT be a slight exception since World First/Top Teir gaming is become a business brand.. Even still, the last thing I am going to do is reveal info about my real life in a game. I don't do it now.. I didn't do it when I started back in the day... I won't do it in the future.

Do I think Vicklund made the right choice to go into facility? Yes. Do I think it is up to HIM to tell his guild? Yes. Do I think think he should have left to play a video game? No. Do I think a guild has a RIGHT to know such things? No. If they found out about it, should they feel required to do something? No.

I am not advocating for keeping things in the closet, but I think the idea of putting the onus on a group for an individuals behavior is extremely dumb and dangerous. If Method is becoming a business, and they get caught making decisions on things that like? That could mean legal trouble. Imagine if they DID know, and did NOTHING.. and he gets hurt, or some such thing? Method actually ends in a very legally actionable position. Which I doubt they want. It also will cast that always infamous "gaming is bad for health" cloud and spotlight at a time when we need all the good press we can get as an industry.

Just some food for thought.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Checking yourself out of a mental health clinic in Sweden in order to go home and play a game for 10-12+ hours a day is unhealthy any way you try and spin it bub. There's nothing to understand about the situation what so ever.

SJW? You are seriously on one for even using the term in relation to this.

Checking yourself out of a mental health clinic in Sweden in order to go home and play a game for 10-12+ hours a day is unhealthy any way you try and spin it bub. There's nothing to understand about the situation what so ever.

SJW? You are seriously on one for even using the term in relation to this.
    Are you the guy who was spamming Viklunds real life adress on his stream saying you will kill him in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    If they found out about it, should they feel required to do something? No.
    That's one of the dumbest things iv'e read so far this year. Assuming you aren't a robot who is completly devoid of being able to have empathy for anything, then yeah, nature kind of dictates you should feel required to do something.

Especially if you are supposed to be a ''leader'' for a group of people.

And to be honest, yeah the way ''hardcore'' raiding today functions should be critizized heavily, because the structure of it is far far from healthy. Something should have been done a long time ago when it started to jump the rails in Sunwell and after that it's just escalated to a point where it's completly out of control.

When competition starts becoming about who can put in the most hours, it stops being about ability.
    Last edited by plexxrock; 2019-05-03 at 09:24 PM.