View Poll Results: What of the following you are not looking forward to?

Voters
573. This poll is closed
  • No "AoE" looting;

257 44.85%
  • Far fewer graveyards;

137 23.91%
  • Far fewer flight points;

91 15.88%
  • Mailing takes an hour when sending to alts or guildmates;

132 23.04%
  • No more shared gathering nodes (you take it, it disappears for everyone);

87 15.18%
  • Having to mine ore veins more than once to get all the ores/stones within;

75 13.09%
  • Having to stop leveling to go train new abilities and/or ability ranks;

54 9.42%
  • Your favorite race (draenei, goblin, blood elf, etc) is not available;

72 12.57%
  • Older graphics;

116 20.24%
  • Having to keep an eye on spell reagents (including warlock soul shards);

65 11.34%
  • Horde/Alliance/neutral auction houses no longer linked;

55 9.60%
  • No 'dual spec';

213 37.17%
  • Fixed raid sizes;

41 7.16%
  • Cannot create characters of opposite factions in PvP servers;

47 8.20%
  • Hunter pets need to be kept happy, i.e. feed them specific food often;

48 8.38%
  • No transmogrification;

117 20.42%
  • No mount/pet collection tab. Each occupies one item slot in your bags;

142 24.78%
  • No PvP arenas;

62 10.82%
  • Mounts can only be trained at 40 and 60, and much more expensive;

69 12.04%
  • Other - please specify in your post.

91 15.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Wow, going by this poll a lot of people on this forum want Vanilla to turn into live.
    Just because people don't like every single aspect of Vanilla doesn't mean they want it turned into the live game, I can say I think the old human models look like shit and that non connected flightpoints are gonna be tedious without it meaning I want Vanilla changed into a level 60 capped retail.

Dual spec would have huge ramifications since respeccing in Vanilla is actually expensive.
    Yeah I really don't care for restricting gameplay in such a way, when playing around with builds and trees is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Just because people don't like every single aspect of Vanilla doesn't mean they want it turned into the live game, I can say I think the old human models look like shit and that non connected flightpoints are gonna be tedious without it meaning I want Vanilla changed into a level 60 capped retail.
    FPs are linked in 1.12, that happened in like 1.5 or something.
    Personally I think the new models are worse in many ways (animations, I don't sit around staring at my character idling much) so meh on that note.

That said though my point is that many people want to remove what makes vanilla vanilla, such as no dual spec, no arenas, no aoe loot and definitely no fucking transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    Yeah I really don't care for restricting gameplay in such a way, when playing around with builds and trees is so much fun.
    Sure, but that isn't Vanilla. I'm no #nochange fanatic bit this would have a huge impact on the feel of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see the forums a few weeks after vanilla launch

Sure, but that isn't Vanilla. I'm no #nochange fanatic bit this would have a huge impact on the feel of the game.
    That is why I'm saying that I understand the no changes mentality because there would be a million requests for changes.
    This however would make the game a lot more fun than it could be. No point debating this though

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only 3 things I don't like about WoW classic.

1. Atrocious spec balance.
    2. There aren't enough quests to hit level 60 without grinding.
    3. The general grindy nature of vanilla.

So no changes except one that would probably have the biggest impact? Huh.
    Please read my post again. It is not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Please read my post again. It is not that hard.
    I didn't mean to offend, didn't think your skin was quite that thin. But you would want one of the most gamechanging changes if you had to choose. Maybe the no changes thing is just to fit in for you.

how would arena make it not vanilla ? ah yeah i forgot arena is skill based while classic pvp is time spend based

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    There are. Don't be a solo player, play with others. Do few dungeons while leveling and you won't run out of quests.

I had 3 level 60 characters in vanilla, didn't do any grinding at all. If you are grinding, you are doing it wrong. Its MMO, not single player game.
    "There are enough quests, here's a way to avoid running out of quests". Hmm.

You will need to grind/do dungeons/do a LOT of running to manage to do all quests to reach 60, that's just a fact.

Yes, it requires a lot of running. If you want instant max level, quests that don't require you to think or go somewhere, go play BfA.

Old game was World of Warcraft, key word is "world", not "zone-wide hub". Zones were not separate, doing a lot of running to complete quests was normal. Chain quests spanned multiple zones and multiple dungeons.

But grinding is not required. If you want to play solo, MMORPG is probably not for you.
    There's not enough quests do level to 60 unless you do excessive running even for Vanilla (and even then, I don't think there is). That's what I was commenting on since you contradicted yourself.

Not playing alone is even worse unless you do a lot of dungeons since the quests plus their kills give even less exp then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really just AoE looting and no dual spec everything else it what will make classic unique and remind me of when I first fell in love with this game.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

I don't really mind any of these things. If I had to pick one, I guess I'd pick graveyards because I know it was possible to get some long corpse-runs. It's a small price to pay, though, for a life restored.

I definitely remember not doing any grinding at all on any of my level 60 characters in vanilla.

However on priest and druid I did a lot of dungeons. Don't remember if I did many dungeons on warlock because it was long time ago. Maybe few dungeons were enough to offset lack of quests. Also I did level up professions while leveling, so that gave additional quests.

There is no contradiction there. WoW is not a single player game. If you are playing solo and run out of quests to do, that's because you are playing wrong game, not because there is a problem with WoW. Do dungeons.
    Jesus christ can you even read? Here's how it went:

Dude #1: There's not enough quests, you have to grind to reach 60.
    Dude #2 (you): There are enough quests, here's a way you can avoid running out of quests.

Do you get it yet? That's the contradiction, and it was funny, that's it. Stop being so defensive about it.

I don't like that health bars do not show a numerical value and that you need to get an add-on that will display the health numbers only after you have tagged a mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't expected that many "no aoe looting" votes, you won't be killing much stuff for aoe looting to even matter, unless you are farming at very late game
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not enough quests do level to 60 unless you do excessive running even for Vanilla (and even then, I don't think there is). That's what I was commenting on since you contradicted yourself.

Not playing alone is even worse unless you do a lot of dungeons since the quests plus their kills give even less exp then.
    Not really. I used to follow Joanna’s levelling guide for my alts in late Vanilla, and no grinding whatsoever is required, other than the rule of “if it’s in your way, kill it”, which is common sense.

There’s a bit of flying to capital cities for quest chains ofc but you have to train skills etc anyway so it lines up perfectly.

If you just wing it like a spaz and just take zones one at a time, you will certainly need to grind. But hopefully you/others won’t be that stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely remember not doing any grinding at all on any of my level 60 characters in vanilla.
    Sometimes it's better to just grind levels than running through multiple locations to get these 2 levels you need to get access to "proper" location for leveling,
    Off course, granted that your class can afford grinding and you don't play a priest or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Didn't expected that many "no aoe looting" votes, you won't be killing much stuff for aoe looting to even matter, unless you are farming at very late game

Heh a few of the (very optional) rep grinds would find it very useful. But I personally don’t see any need for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Sometimes it's better to just grind levels than running through multiple locations to get these 2 levels you need to get access to "proper" location for leveling,
    Off course, granted that your class can offord grinding and you don't play a priest or something

I found Priests very, very comfortable to level on. As long as you didn’t dump your mana. One mb, sw, mf per mob into a few wand hits sorted almost any non-elite, and spirit tap kept your mana going. I found them quite efficient tbh

No dualspec is the only thing i will miss. Makes the choice playing a tank / healer way more difficult.