Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This is being caused by a certificate expiry. You can get around it by loading the extensions in debug mode. This is taken from reddit:

A temporary workaround:

Navigate to about:debugging

Click the 'Load Temporary Add-on' button

Navigate to the .xpi file in your profile directory select it and click Open.

To find your profile directory and extensions:

Windows:
    C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{profile id}.default\extensions

Linux:
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/{profile id}.default/extensions/

MacOS:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/{profile id}.default/extensions

Or just download the extensions you want from https://addons.mozilla.org/:

Right click on the 'Add to Firefox' button

Choose 'Save Link As' from the menu

Save the .xpi file somewhere handy

Navigate to about:debugging

Click the 'Load Temporary Add-on' button

Navigate to the .xpi file you downloaded and open it

Restarting Firefox will remove any temporarily loaded extensions.

this is what happens when you use an indie browser... if you're on a PC using anything other than chrome you are wrong.

3+ Year Old Account
    what are these pesky adds on youtube

dis gus ting

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    this is what happens when you use an indie browser... if you're on a PC using anything other than chrome you are wrong.
    I stopped using chrome when they made you unable to go back by pressing backspace.

Join the dark side and download Chrome! Enjoy the faster browser while still having all the addons like adblock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now i am glad that my firefox auto-update is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Now i am glad that my firefox auto-update is disabled.
    That doesn't save you; problem is certificate that signed all addons expired (and certificate check still exists in older versions).

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    Yes, use the browser that is notorious for tracking you. Chrome is just a bad idea.

Firefox has been breaking things a bit with their updates. I stopped letting it update automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by NightElfMohawk View Post
    Looks like there was some bug in the most recent version of Firefox. The FF subreddit is going crazy, something about when the PC system clock updated to a specific time and date all addons are broken and removed.
    Imagine using FF in 2019 omegalul.

Tried using chrome recently. Its shit. Cant use security addons like noscript. There are only shitty equivalents. Adblocks in chrome dont work.

I use chrome only when I want to use browser with no addons to make sure sites work right, if I cant seem to get them work right on firefox.

As much as firefox likes to break things sometimes, its still the best I have used.

After 30seconds of browsing the web without ublock i gave up and just changed to Waterfox...same as firefox but with working addons ill prolly go back when they fix it but damn this was a massive fuck up
    Also ppl saying to use chrome OMEGALUL how bout no

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. My adblockers are disabled too, but I'm still not getting any ads on any site.

Nevermind. First youtube video gave an ad despite the youtuber not having their channel monetized.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2019-05-04 at 11:14 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by NightElfMohawk View Post
    Looks like there was some bug in the most recent version of Firefox. The FF subreddit is going crazy, something about when the PC system clock updated to a specific time and date all addons are broken and removed.
    I dunno what kind of user error y'all did. But if you cannot deal with technology stick to Edge.

My FF 60.6.1esr is working fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft is dumping Edge and giving up developing their own browser. It will soon be replaced with a Chromium based browser. When this happens Firefox will basically be the only PC browser not based on Chromium. Been using Firefox since it was originally named Phoenix. And Netscape Nav before that.

https://www.thurrott.com/google/1943...-based-browser

Big shame. Most of us have multiple browsers though

10+ Year Old Account
    Broke on my linux laptop but not on my windows pc.

Fixed on laptop by going about:config and changing xpinstall.signatures.required to false.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophical Launderer View Post
    Clock-bound systems are some of the most idiotic ideas ever, right up there with pirate eyepatches.
    Pirate eye patches actually served a very important purpose. This was a time before electricity. The insides of a ship were quire dark. When raiding an enemy ship, the ability to swap the patch from one eye to the other allowed them to have one eye that was ready and adjusted to see better in the darkness inside the ship vs the brightness outside.

Security Cert expiring is built in obsolescence. It is not a bug.

Just the usual script kiddies error in the FF org.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It had nothing to do with user error. There was a bug that caused a security cert to expire which broke all extensions.

- - - Updated - - -

https://mobile.twitter.com/mozamo/st...add-on-cert%2F

Hotfix already pushed.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's fixed now. Addons broke for me somewhere around 8:00-9:00 last night. I read all the threads and figured out what was going on and that they were working on a fix. I just used Waterfox in the meantime.

Looks like Firefox was happy again by the time I opened it this morning.

I read something about an intermediate certificate expiring. It was certainly a shock that suddenly I could no longer use noscript. The internet is such an amazing place without java..