Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Well given they already said Eureka type content will continue into ShB I have a feeling they may attach the relic to it again. Now we can just hope Square bucks the trend and does something better with Eureka 2.0/Diadem 4.0.
    Honestly if they stick with the style of Anemos then I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    So, a few points:
    1) I'm decent enough both skill and gear wise to chug us along without the need to kick and replace the other DPS, but I wouldn't kick them JUST for being bad, they'd have to be unwilling to improve or be an asshole on top of that, and that's pretty rare in my experience. But in those rare cases, it has been totally worth it.
    2) Kicking and replacing is a gamble in itself because you're hoping you get someone better...you may not, and may in fact get someone worse.
    3) Kicking a tank or healer usually results in a relatively lengthy wait, which kind of makes kicking them pointless if the point was to save time. The amount of time saved by getting a good player usually doesn't outweigh the amount of time it takes to wait for a new player and then catch up to where you "should have bee" in the dungeon and then finish it.
    Also worth noting that many if not most people aren't queueing for in-progress duties, thus, slower than normal waits.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Also worth noting that many if not most people aren't queueing for in-progress duties, thus, slower than normal waits.
    In my experience...there's a reason for that. I have that option checked and the majority of my experiences are jumping in at the beginning after someone bailed seeing which dungeon it is, which doesn't save any time at all, or a crap party where someone abandoned ship to end their suffering, which is a terrible experience becaue you get a group of bad players that are already pissed someone abandoned them. Rarely is it a legit group with good people resulting in a clean run.

This is in my experience though, YMMV of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Well given they already said Eureka type content will continue into ShB I have a feeling they may attach the relic to it again. Now we can just hope Square bucks the trend and does something better with Eureka 2.0/Diadem 4.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly if they stick with the style of Anemos then I'm happy.
    Agreed, so long as they leave the Pagos design to die in a fire, I think it will be fine. I never got passed it because of how hard it turned me against it.

After the events of Tactics, Delita becomes King and Ramza just kind of disappears, with no real discussion as to where. The story of what happens in FFXIV with Ivalice is the continuation of the events of FFT. The characters from FFT become guardians, protecting Ultima from outside interlopers using the power of the Zodiac stones.

Yes it takes some liberties, specifically by adding references to XII being more recent, but it's not meant to be an alternate set of events of FFT, it's a tale of what happened after FFT. The dialogue as the raid goes along, especially in Orbonne Monastery at the end alludes HEAVILY to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely agreed.
    It's an alternate version of Ivalice. Ultima isn't even the same as the Tactics version. Just like Doma is a different version of Doma than the FF VI version. This isn't the same Ivalice, the differences are irreconcilable including SWAPPING THE ORDER OF EVENTS OF TACTICS AND XII. And Ramza you know, not being dead in the epilogue of tactics where he's seen leaving via chocobo. It's clearly an alternate Ivalice, way too much just doesn't add up to be the same Ivalice. Plus, we have the garlean empire instead of the one from XII that invades Dalmasca etc. It. Does. Not. Fit XII and Tactics. At all. It's a different version just as the gold saucer, doma, and every thing else taken from other FF games is a new version for FFXIV's setting. Not the actual old versions. Same with crystal tower etc.

If this was an epilogue it is an epilogue that retcons a **** ton of things about the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    It's an alternate version of Ivalice. Ultima isn't even the same as the Tactics version. Just like Doma is a different version of Doma than the FF VI version. This isn't the same Ivalice, the differences are irreconcilable including SWAPPING THE ORDER OF EVENTS OF TACTICS AND XII. And Ramza you know, not being dead in the epilogue of tactics where he's seen leaving via chocobo. It's clearly an alternate Ivalice, way too much just doesn't add up to be the same Ivalice. Plus, we have the garlean empire instead of the one from XII that invades Dalmasca etc. It. Does. Not. Fit XII and Tactics. At all. It's a different version just as the gold saucer, doma, and every thing else taken from other FF games is a new version for FFXIV's setting. Not the actual old versions. Same with crystal tower etc.

If this was an epilogue it is an epilogue that retcons a **** ton of things about the story.
    OK. I'm going to leave it at that. I understood it as a continuation of the story of Tactics with some liberties taken to make it fit in the FFXIV world. I don't care enough about it to get into an in depth discussion about it. I had played enough of FFT and FFXII to understand all of the references and enjoyed it. That's good enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    HW is free on all platforms, so if yall know anybody who is looking to continue their lvling but doesn't seem to have money to buy HW or SB then there ya go.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/0...sion-for-free/

That is pretty sad though, that those were consecutive runs. I'll need to get ACT and configure it to not be so intrusive so I can have that kind of information as a reference. That's about the only thing I use Recount for in WoW anymore...and apparently no one uses Recount anymore, just found that out. LOL.
    If you value you sanity, avoid it. If you're happy as it is now, don't rock that boat for knowledge. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

Nothing tilts me and gets me logging off FF14 worse than seeing my DF dungeon run take nearly 30 minutes, when the day before it was 11.

I loved the initial comments like this being delayed means Shadowbringers will be bad...

Although Reddit never ceases to amaze me sometimes.
    To be fair, it's not like Golden week just popped up out of no where. It's one of JP's like major holidays? Even if it's not a red flag to delay due to workers taking Holiday, it's a red flag to not take that into consideration when setting the deadline. Either way it's a lose lose and DOES indicate that there is something amiss, even if it's trivial.

As someone who works in business and manages a content development pipeline that nearly 12,000 employees see daily, when I set deadlines these things are taken into consideration. As things near Christmas time/FYE (nov for us), you'd be stupid to try and push anything major out during it, so your option is to rally resources to push earlier, or push later. Same thing for other major Holidays, or like the summer.

This is just looking at things in a vacuum. Once you add the current drama with rushed races, the general atmosphere of the playerbase and the dumpster fire that was Eureka; is probably why confidence isn't exactly at an all time high.

Eh Eureka was a flat out mess. It started off good, went stupid with Pagos and reeled it back in to bearable at least with Pyros and Hydatos. Overall for me Eureka ended up being a 7/10. Story was actually somewhat interesting in Hydatos and Baldesion Arsenal was pretty cool.

But yeah imo should have had it ready for 4.15. Was a bit sad not getting to start my relic as per usual.

But hell they flat out went out of their way to be apologetic about it. I respect that at least.

But let's see if they continue Eureka style relic content or go back to traditional for now. Either way I don't mind personally.
    Apologetic is nice and all, but if you have to do it all the time it gets old really fast. I used to be really endeared by Yoshi's apologies, but they're far too frequent I feel like to really be impacted by them now.

Eureka might have been a 7/10 for me conceptually, but had so MANY glaring flaws from an implementation standpoint that I honestly can't give it more than a 2/10, and it only gets a 2 because of the level design teams. Different strokes for different folks though, but there's very little denying that Eureka was riddled with intern level design flaws throughout the entire expansion. Shit like being forced to go through each one, no level sync, no multi open/turn in stuff, the portals nonsense, and just a general bunch of things that didn't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    If you value you sanity, avoid it. If you're happy as it is now, don't rock that boat for knowledge. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

Nothing tilts me and gets me logging off FF14 worse than seeing my DF dungeon run take nearly 30 minutes, when the day before it was 11.
    This doesn't really bother me all that much, it really just gives me an incentive to speak up and ask/check why we're going so slow. i'm going to be playing anyway, might as well use my brain to figure something out or help someone while I'm at it.

To be fair, it's not like Golden week just popped up out of no where. It's one of JP's like major holidays? Even if it's not a red flag to delay due to workers taking Holiday, it's a red flag to not take that into consideration when setting the deadline. Either way it's a lose lose and DOES indicate that there is something amiss, even if it's trivial.

As someone who works in business and manages a content development pipeline that nearly 12,000 employees see daily, when I set deadlines these things are taken into consideration. As things near Christmas time/FYE (nov for us), you'd be stupid to try and push anything major out during it, so your option is to rally resources to push earlier, or push later. Same thing for other major Holidays, or like the summer.

This is just looking at things in a vacuum. Once you add the current drama with rushed races, the general atmosphere of the playerbase and the dumpster fire that was Eureka; is probably why confidence isn't exactly at an all time high.
    ^This. I promise you this didn't sneak up on them, someone dropped a ball somewhere and they're having to announce it being late and blaming it on Golden Week rather than whatever project management/ work flow fuck up actually caused it.

Apologetic is nice and all, but if you have to do it all the time it gets old really fast. I used to be really endeared by Yoshi's apologies, but they're far too frequent I feel like to really be impacted by them now.

Eureka might have been a 7/10 for me conceptually, but had so MANY glaring flaws from an implementation standpoint that I honestly can't give it more than a 2/10, and it only gets a 2 because of the level design teams. Different strokes for different folks though, but there's very little denying that Eureka was riddled with intern level design flaws throughout the entire expansion. Shit like being forced to go through each one, no level sync, no multi open/turn in stuff, the portals nonsense, and just a general bunch of things that didn't even matter.
    I have to agree with this. Apologies are nice, but doing something you don't have to apologize for is even better.

Eureka was overall pretty terrible IMO, it was tolerable in the beginning with Anemos, but "tolerable" shouldn't be a design intention. The only reasons people did it had nothing to do with game play or engagement. If the relic wasn't tied to it I doubt it would have even been half as "popular" as it was.

I'm kind of sad I didn't see the whole story because I was intrigued by it, but there's no way in hell that I'm slogging through Pagos and beyond to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my this game just got me right in the feels...

Just the story line for The Vault and watched Lord Haurchefant save my life and then die holding my hand. First character I've actually felt appreciated the warrior of light and just view them as a weapon but saw that you're not just a hero but a person behind the title. Will miss him from now on

Also does anyone play on Phoenix EU? Could use more friends

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellyead View Post

Just the story line for The Vault and watched Lord Haurchefant save my life and then die holding my hand. First character I've actually felt appreciated the warrior of light and just view them as a weapon but saw that you're not just a hero but a person behind the title. Will miss him from now on

Also does anyone play on Phoenix EU? Could use more friends
    That's what he gets for using a lvl 1 glam shield to try and save you but seriously I hope hauchbro is somewhere when we go to the first he wont recognize us but we will know him well.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I'm actually surprised why people like him so much, not only he barely had any time in MSQ, but voice acting also sounded like he was having climax just by standing next to WoL.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I'm actually surprised why people like him so much, not only he barely had any time in MSQ, but voice acting also sounded like he was having climax just by standing next to WoL.
    Mostly because he didn't want anything out of us. Just wanted to be our friend and help us out. Scions and all the others usually had ulterior motives for us.

That's why I like him personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit, tears were shed after that dungeon. Not only because of his death but also because of the pain I saw in Ifalnas eyes.

Then I got a bit pissed that she didn't even try to heal him. Really wished DEVs would take class into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Well he did kinda flirt with Ifalna, telling a freezing cat who hates the cold that there is always a place for her at his fireplace.
    That in itself was enough to win her friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I admit, tears were shed after that dungeon. Not only because of his death but also because of the pain I saw in Ifalnas eyes.

Then I got a bit pissed that she didn't even try to heal him. Really wished DEVs would take class into account.

Well he did kinda flirt with Ifalna, telling a freezing cat who hates the cold that there is always a place for her at his fireplace.
    That in itself was enough to win her friendship.
    You are talking about a company that puts things like Phoenix Down and Life spells in their products but then have things like permadeath whenever plot needs it.
    I remember back to U.S. FF2 when the twins turn themselves to stone and can’t be cured by a Soft because they made themselves that way on purpose but then brought them in at the end of the game.
    Don’t misunderstand me, I love Final Fantasy games up to 12, but they put in some major plot holes in their own stories quite frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    You are talking about a company that puts things like Phoenix Down and Life spells in their products but then have things like permadeath whenever plot needs it.
    I remember back to U.S. FF2 when the twins turn themselves to stone and can’t be cured by a Soft because they made themselves that way on purpose but then brought them in at the end of the game.
    Don’t misunderstand me, I love Final Fantasy games up to 12, but they put in some major plot holes in their own stories quite frequently.
    It's a bit odd, but when you start licking the ground and tanking it you aren't actually considered 'dead'. You're considered incapacitated which is what Phoenix down/Raise and their equivalents recover from, not actual death. Obviously it's just warrior of light plot armor and cause gameplay for the most part, but people dying is a common occurrence in this game's universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's a bit odd, but when you start licking the ground and tanking it you aren't actually considered 'dead'. You're considered incapacitated which is what Phoenix down/Raise and their equivalents recover from, not actual death. Obviously it's just warrior of light plot armor and cause gameplay for the most part, but people dying is a common occurrence in this game's universe.
    Aye.

We had Tellah in 4, Shadow (choice) in 6, Aeris in 7, Galuf in 5 and Noctis in 15 among many more.

Phoenix downs are explained really well imo and in this game despite a bit of plot armor it is arguably the best MMORPG out there in terms of story imo.

Aye.

We had Tellah in 4, Shadow (choice) in 6, Aeris in 7, Galuf in 5 and Noctis in 15 among many more.

Phoenix downs are explained really well imo and in this game despite a bit of plot armor it is arguably the best MMORPG out there in terms of story imo.
    Apparently, there's been a super secret way to get Aeris back in your party in FF7 that was only recently (unless it's been hiding really well for a while, the video is recent) discovered. Watched a video about it the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQEAFxjqr-E

That said, yeah, it's kind of weird how often there seems to be some plot holes like this in the games, but especially this one where you could be playing a healing class but yet still have people dying near or around you that you are perfectly capable of healing.

I know it's to advance then plot and such, and make it consistent across multiple classes, but it still feels weird when those events occur.

Apparently, there's been a super secret way to get Aeris back in your party in FF7 that was only recently (unless it's been hiding really well for a while, the video is recent) discovered. Watched a video about it the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQEAFxjqr-E

That said, yeah, it's kind of weird how often there seems to be some plot holes like this in the games, but especially this one where you could be playing a healing class but yet still have people dying near or around you that you are perfectly capable of healing.

I know it's to advance then plot and such, and make it consistent across multiple classes, but it still feels weird when those events occur.
    Mate come on. Look at the date on the video. I ain't that gullible.

Also kinda saw it back then too and admittedly made me chuckle.

Mate come on. Look at the date on the video. I ain't that gullible.

Also kinda saw it back then too and admittedly made me chuckle.
    That and his "friend's" name Pillar of So is an anagram for April Fools

10+ Year Old Account
    7 levels of WAR to go, then my cat will have everything maxed.