Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    You know what else amazes me? The fact that never, in the history of the American Military, have they EVER successfully completed an internal audit. Not a single branch, division or organization funded as part of the American Military has ever successfully completed a financial audit. Considering the metric fuckton of money you dump into that yawning pit every year, I think this should alarm you significantly. I mean, if Google or Amazon failed an audit, heads would roll, but apparently the most powerful military organization in the world doesn't even have a standardized system for inventory tracking, and have been known to accidentally ship ARMED NUCLEAR FUCKING MISSILES halfway across the country without even knowing that they have done so.

There is apparently an entire cottage industry in the Financial Accounting sector built around attempting and failing to get literally any branch of the American Military even remotely close to being Audit Capable......

Check this article out for a truely epic breakdown of the complete clusterfuck that is American Military accounting: https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ystery-807276/
    Yeah it's a total shit show. I am almost done with my government contract qualifications with the intention of taking my contracting businesses into the government contract sector. Government contracts (i.e. being contracted to build new military installations) are basically a license to print cash. I can't do anything about my country bleeding cash out all over the place, so I may as well pick some of it up off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Oh god. The topic was about whether USA could, not what happens afterwards. These topics usually descend into bullshit about Vietnam/Afghanistan/Iraq and your mentioned world view/economy.
    No, war between USA and Mexico, not what comes afterwards. And in that war there could be only one victor.
    Not that the said war is going happen. Trump probably would want that, though xD
    Talk about a hypothetical war, you also get talk about the hypothetical consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Because we are going to be rejected in the same way Trump rejects Puerto Rico....
    Also the south is kinda dissapointed with the relationship with the US these days. We hated so much how Trump said so many times the name "Mexico" for every single "problem" the US have.... For example: "We should build a wall because Mexico is a big problem for the US, blah, blah, blah....". Do you know how bad that feels for the people of Mexico? It feels like we are Palestines, and the US is Israel.....

Also, Puerto Rico has been an assosiated state of the Union, and they have more than 50 years trying to be part of the US with no answer from the US.
    Also not everyone in Mexico is a Republican, most people here are like Democrats (leftists, liberals, etc.), those doesnt like the US, so its kind of mixed feelings toward the US.

If you ask me, i would love to see the country being part of the US. But maybe just me....
    presidents come and go, anything said can be apologized for, any policy enacted repealed and any change's reversed. so don't look to today or tomorrow and the president of now or even the next, anything worth building, anything worth doing, anything worth obtaining, is worth waiting for and working for, the only permanent changes that happen to a socviety under a democracy are the ones that have taken decades to lay the foundations for.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mexico is our third largest trading partner, nearly as much as the next 4 on the list combined. Our economy would collapse and we'd never truly be able to "Win". You can't even remotely compare it to Vietnam or Iraq which were both economic boons.

Because we are going to be rejected in the same way Trump rejects Puerto Rico....
    Also the south is kinda dissapointed with the relationship with the US these days. We hated so much how Trump said so many times the name "Mexico" for every single "problem" the US have.... For example: "We should build a wall because Mexico is a big problem for the US, blah, blah, blah....". Do you know how bad that feels for the people of Mexico? It feels like we are Palestines, and the US is Israel.....

Also, Puerto Rico has been an assosiated state of the Union, and they have more than 50 years trying to be part of the US with no answer from the US.
    Also not everyone in Mexico is a Republican, most people here are like Democrats (leftists, liberals, etc.), those doesnt like the US, so its kind of mixed feelings toward the US.

If you ask me, i would love to see the country being part of the US. But maybe just me....
    It’s a dysfunctional relationship for sure. In some ways one could argue Mexico is a client state of the US.

That's true. If you look at the Mexico from 1970, 80 and 90's, it was a primitive Mexico, still trying to know where to go and what to do. But today Mexico is starting to look more like the US. I have seen so many many cities in Mexico that are now building in the same way the US does. New restaurants and business from the US fills today Mexican Malls and Business towers. You can now have access to many services that back then it used to be a US thing only (Internet, Paid-TV, etc.)

But the problem today still is the drugs, the REAL WAR. Not this fantasy of war of US vs Mexico. Im talking about the real war in the other side of the Wall and the health problem that is affecting US/Mexico....
    Well you had a civil war didn't you and didn't seem to recover arou d the time every one was pushing forward and that set you back, its hard to grow when your next door nabour is the biggest dog on the park. But growth happens, always looking for new markets to tap and wealth filters out, today its all concentrated in a city tomorrow ur like England and US where the wealth move out to the rural areas taking money with them. The cartels are still and issue but it seems slowly there being delt with. Unfortunately like most places you will get one big final drugs war when there pushed to the brink

When you said the real war I got the image of Mexican white walkers in sombraros and day of the dead paint lining up in front of trumps wall haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Mexico has cartels and it has military AND police who fight the cartels. Some cartels mimic paramilitary groups, they aren't just dudes selling crack on corners. Los Zetas was founded by a bunch of trained soldiers. The cartels are better funded than ME insurgents and in some cases more organized. You don't think they aren't going to push back against US ground forces coming to take away their business and territory? You think displaced Mexicans wouldn't join them to defend their home country? There would definitely be lots of insurgencies. You don't think Mexican military and law enforcement would take their uniforms and employ guerilla tactics to defend against the ground invasion? That they wouldn't also train civilians to fight? See Syria even before the anti-Assad side was reinforced by outsiders. You'd see a lot of insurgency and unrest in the US as well because of the way the US and Mexico are connected by geography, culture, heritage, economy, and people.
    That only matters if the US intended to do anything other than destroy all "modern" trappings of a nominally semi-advanced country.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Like they did with Vietnam?
    Mexican education must be pretty poor, no wonder so many of your people are desperate to come here and drag our country down with their dead weight.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an American you dope. And the US would never invade Mexico for a variety of reasons, one of them being scared of getting fkd up by both the Mexican army and the cartels together, not to mention the SEVERAL allied nation's that would take offense to the invasion.

You so worried about education why don't you go try it out.
    Even if Mexico had the support of all of South American armies AND cartels, they would not be able to prevent the US from destroying Mexico. The US excels at offensive warfare, its failing is in occupation. Do not confuse the two. Education.

5+ Year Old Account
    Remember the Mexican-American War?

I imagine it would end badly again, for Mexico.

I wonder which part of Mexico the US could annex this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Mexican education must be pretty poor, no wonder so many of your people are desperate to come here and drag our country down with their dead weight.
    Nah you drag it down just fine. Don't worry about the scary brown people coming for your job./s

I'm talking about the EU and UN mostly. You think the whole world is just going to watch the US invade Mexico for no reason and not do anything?

Add that to the nasty guerrilla warfare the US would be facing in Mexico and it would quickly become a disaster
    If people think the US economy would tank from a war with Mexico what do you think the un nations economies would do if they went to war with the US?

If Europe didnt try and stop Russia from taking Crimea why would they try to stop the US from Mexico?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking about the EU and UN mostly. You think the whole world is just going to watch the US invade Mexico for no reason and not do anything?

Add that to the nasty guerrilla warfare the US would be facing in Mexico and it would quickly become a disaster
    There is little the rest of the world could do to stop the US, and guerrilla warfare only would be a factor if the US tried to occupy Mexico.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I hate to say it, but I agree with you.

It is amazing to me, but we spend so much money on our military- then are routinely defeated by small bands of insurgents with much less tech and training.

This has been going on for decades now, in various theaters.

I always wondered how this is acceptable to people.

I don't know- but if I was spending as much money as we do on our forces and still losing- heads would roll.

Yet- we always celebrate our military like it is the strongest in the world and no one seems to ever get in trouble (or even held accountable) for all the losses.

We should have crushed all those insurgencies without a second thought, what gives?

I could see one insurgency- with a very clever commander maybe outwitting a stronger force for a period of time (his luck will run out though), but each and every single one outwits us?

I agree with the other comments- with a track record like that- I wouldn't take on the cartels in Mexico.
    You can't really crush an insurgency as an outside country without going door to door and executing every single fighting aged male in that other country. Which is morally... questionable at least.

Our military is the strongest conventional military on the planet, if it comes to a large scale war like say having to take on russia or something? We'd take that wreath handily. But, our large military just can't really fight a small enough force, especially one that hides behind women and children, not because they lack the tools to do so, but because the "winning" forces are exploiting our people's inherent weakness that they care for the lives of others, which said "winners" don't.

Like launching rocket attacks from schools and hospitals, we have the tools to shut that down hard and fast, but we don't because we'd kill like 10-15 insurgents on the high end and create 100s when we kill their human shields, give them fuel to radicalize their neighbors, and set our fair weather allies against us conniving to take the mantle of being the "leader of the free world" without having the steel to keep the tinpots in line.

We could "win" the fight very easily, we don't because it would be inconvenient on the larger stage.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    TBH the US should just say screw you Mexico government and invade Mexico and attack all the drug cartels it would save the US so much more money long term fighting the drug epidemic in this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you think they would go into Mexico shoot up a few bad hombres and call it a day and go home? If course they would try to occupy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure the economy would be their first way of trying to deter the US from invading, but nevermind any outside influence most people don't even realize how dependent we are on Mexico for our economy
    Actually, yes, that is all we would do. There is nothing in northern Mexico worth occupying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The answer from other countries is irrelevant. It's the 40+ million latinos and other people sympathetic to the Mexican cause/anti-war/anti-establishment/anti-Trump etc. in the US they would need to worry about.
    Huh... that doesn't make diversity seem like a strength for a country, now does it?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

This is a rather hypothetical question but the answer is no they would not if the US fought strictly to win without repercussions. We could destroy 90% of the countries on earth with 0 casualties if there were no ramifications on force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    That only matters if the US intended to do anything other than destroy all "modern" trappings of a nominally semi-advanced country.
    No modern war would ever just be blow up the enemies military infrastructure and peace out. A decisive victory would a bombing campaign the leaves the country in the stone age or indiscriminate ground campaign where anyone that comes outside is shot. Both scenarios only exist in vacuums where the US is immune to domestic backlash/repercussions, let alone international.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind Mexico being a major gold exporter and the number one silver exporter in the world that automatically come to mind, nevermind the countless other major products that Mexico exports to the US, but yeah you're right they would only invade cuz they hated brown people I guess and go home.
    They produce less than 1/2 the gold of the US, in a manner that would not pass US regulations. Taking over the location of the factories would eliminate the reason those factories are even there. You are not looking at the total picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    No modern war would ever just be blow up the enemies military infrastructure and peace out. A decisive victory would a bombing campaign the leaves the country in the stone age or indiscriminate ground campaign where anyone that comes outside is shot. Both scenarios only exist in vacuums where the US is immune to domestic backlash/repercussions, let alone international.
    Iraq, 1991.