Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    True, but he thought that when he ran for President and did it anyways. If they try and actually succeed, they are fucked.
    Well... then the only other option is that he is dumb enough to believe that people losing their insurance will be a good thing. Uh oh...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Well... then the only other option is that he is dumb enough to believe that people losing their insurance will be a good thing. Uh oh...
    I personally don't think he cares at this point, he just wants his base to like him and either thinks they are more of the voter base than they are or he expects grand scale cheating anyways to save him so he can try and twist he knife as much as he wants as a fuck you and still get away with it.

Either that or he knows he is already fucked and is trying to do as much damage as a fuck you on his way out the door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Would be super dumb thing to try to advance during a Presidential campaign year.
    Is it dumb when places that Trump trusts, like Fox News, have been saying ACA is evil for a damn near decade? If you believe what Trump does, this is his road to victory. Promise kept...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by MeanDrunkBecky View Post

If the law is struck down, it would be a major victory for President Donald Trump, who has worked his entire presidency to wipe away a signature legislative achievement of the Obama administration.[/I]

Which totally explains the misdirected rage at the very real possibility of some 20 million Americans losing their coverage. It's preferable to believe the lies than face this horrible truth.

Isn't that just wonderful that a major victory would be making sure people can't pay for healthcare.

I guess we should not be surprised

Don't worry guys he is just waiting to give his tremendous healthcare plan....I mean its only 2 years behind schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't think he cares at this point, he just wants his base to like him and either thinks they are more of the voter base than they are or he expects grand scale cheating anyways to save him so he can try and twist he knife as much as he wants as a fuck you and still get away with it.

Either that or he knows he is already fucked and is trying to do as much damage as a fuck you on his way out the door.
    The thing you have to understand, is the Trump division is one of two realities. There is the Fox News version and then there is the MSM version. The MSM version is telling that millions will suffer. The Fox News version tells you millions are suffering. I do think he cares to that extent... I don’t think it’s a matter of not giving a shit, but more of that whole feelings > facts. How many of those who will lose insurance will celebrate the death of Obamacare? If 20 million are projected to lose healthcare, I think 6 million will celebrate it and vote for Trump because he kept his promise.

Edit: Actually, only close to 60% vote, so only 12 million of those will vote. A third is Trump supporters, leaving us with 8 million. Can we say 5 million will be voting for third party or as a protest because democrats are too corporate. That leaves what? About the number that he lost the popular vote?
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-05-04 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The thing you have to understand, is the Trump division is one of two realities. There is the Fox News version and then there is the MSM version. The MSM version is telling that millions will suffer. The Fox News version tells you millions are suffering. I do think he cares to that extent... I don’t think it’s a matter of not giving a shit, but more of that whole feelings > facts. How many of those who will lose insurance will celebrate the death of Obamacare? If 20 million are projected to lose healthcare, I think 6 million will celebrate it and vote for Trump because he kept his promise.
    I fear you may be correct on that.

I know someone who is the shining example of that. Claims welfare is full of moochers and even tries to call me one for getting money from the VA over a spinal injury while claiming they never needed it even though I know for a fact they got between $600-$800 a month in food stamps for them and their 4 kids who got government health insurance. And also claims they started at the bottom and worked their way up even though they sold drugs for over a decade till they either lucked or bought their way into a job that started off paying better than 50% of the nation and started working their way up from there. Also a hardcore Trump supporter.

I feel too much of the base has his mindset and wants to see others who aren't them as moochers while they are the exception.

I fear you may be correct on that.

I know someone who is the shining example of that. Claims welfare is full of moochers and even tries to call me one for getting money from the VA over a spinal injury while claiming they never needed it even though I know for a fact they got between $600-$800 a month in food stamps for them and their 4 kids who got government health insurance. And also claims they started at the bottom and worked their way up even though they sold drugs for over a decade till they either lucked or bought their way into a job that started off paying better than 50% of the nation and started working their way up from there. Also a hardcore Trump supporter.

I feel too much of the base has his mindset and wants to see others who aren't them as moochers while they are the exception.
    I keep saying this, but republicans are the bunch of walking psychological projections. They are the perfect case study and dictionaries should exemplify them in their definitions.

Is there anything negative they accuse others of that they aren't guilty of themselves?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

5+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in every other civilized country people get cheap healthcare provided to them by the government and nobody has to pay insane medical bills for medication or treatments.

Still with no plans on actually replacing it with something better?

Destroying is easy; building is hard.

If they manage to make healthcare in this country even worse they're only greasing the wheels for the complete overhaul by the other party that they're so scared of.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-05-04 at 08:19 PM.

We have some crazy people supporting this president.

The republican party platform can be narrowed to two things.

1.) Helping big business which MIGHT trickle down to the idiot voters. (It really doesn't. Trickle down economics has NEVER worked)
    2.) Fear. Fear of the left. Fear of the brown people. Fear of the poor immigrant families at the border. Fear that their guns will be taken away. Fear that someone is taking my job! It all boils down to FEAR.

I am so sick of the possibility that more republicans will gain power because this is always what its about. Its never about helping the people of this country because that is the right thing to do. They will never have an answer for health insurance legislation because they fundamentally don't know how. Its not in their thought process. And they fucking know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    How did that work out for the House in 2018?

If you want to talk about dislike of a political affiliation we could start with why the amount of people calling themselves Republicans in 2016 have suddenly become "Woke Independents" over the last three years though.
    Trump kept focusing on brown people but at the end of the day. When the economy is in a good spot people start thinking about other issues.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some things of ACA was good but forcing people to pay was atrocious... If i don't wanna pay for something I have the right to not pay for it which I gladly exercised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Some things of ACA was good but forcing people to pay was atrocious... If i don't wanna pay for something I have the right to not pay for it which I gladly exercised.
    which makes insurance unworkable

about the only other way to make it work with so many people saying "Im healthy, I aint getting insurance" is to require they have something that can easily be seen so we dont waste money on sending an ambulance, and trying to save their life in the ER.

either that or we start pushing their dying ass off the road and send a bill to their family for the corpse disposal, or we recover those costs in some other manner
    and Id rather not live in a nation that is that callous to each other

but insurance doesnt work if the only people using it are all the people that are currently in a pool are all also drawing from it for more than they are paying in

300+ million people don't live alone on a tiny island. We're all together here. You should not be able to refuse paying for insurance while at the same time expecting to be helped during an emergency. It makes no sense. I guarantee you every single person that's said some version of, "I'm healthy I don't want to pay for insurance" fully expects to be rescued and treated when they need it and would probably sue if they didn't get it.

I know some goofballs would love to say, "fine I'll not pay insurance and you don't have to save me" but that would be complete bullshit.

If you live in the US you should have to pay for insurance. Either personally or through taxes. End of story. Having a m4a system would be better than giving billions to insurance middlemen. Yeah, government sometimes isn't as effective or efficient as private industry. But, the problem is that private insurance's number one goal is profit which means they are motivated to fuck you over. And they do to millions of Americans on a regular basis.

Republicans are wrong on this issue and have been for decades. They have no viable alternative. Making healthcare more "conservative" means hurting more people. They need to just fucking stop, admit they're wrong, and move on. Just imagine how many more votes the GOP would get if healthcare was taken off the table as an issue. It would only come second to dems removing abortion as an issue.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-05-04 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    which makes insurance unworkable

about the only other way to make it work with so many people saying "Im healthy, I aint getting insurance" is to require they have something that can easily be seen so we dont waste money on sending an ambulance, and trying to save their life in the ER.
    I've suggested a national "opt out" registry. They're free to leave the pool, but they're out of the pool forever, with no buying back in when they get sick or old. All that chest-thumping about not wanting paying for leeches, for once I want to see them follow through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    I've suggested a national "opt out" registry. They're free to leave the pool, but they're out of the pool forever, with no buying back in when they get sick or old. All that chest-thumping about not wanting paying for leeches, for once I want to see them follow through with it.
    Nah, let them buy back in, but at a huge premium (say 10x what their preimiums would have cost had they never opted out). Because eventually they'll figure out it was a bad idea and so we get more money out of them this way.

That's kinda like me saying that I am a perfectly safe driver and never been in an accident where I was at fault, so I shouldn't have to pay for Car Insurance, it isn't like I need it.

Insurance is one of those things where none of us need it, till we need it. And the whole point of it is to spread the risk around to make it manageable. If the only people who get insurance are those who need it right then, it breaks down and the prices skyrocket to the actual cost of the procedures for everyone which defeats the purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because health issues are inevitable, so we will end up paying it. On top of that, we would be paying the significant cost of treatment, instead of the minor cost of it being prevented. Not only will you be paying for it, it will already be too late when you do pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's kinda like me saying that I am a perfectly safe driver and never been in an accident where I was at fault, so I shouldn't have to pay for Car Insurance, it isn't like I need it.
    Healthcare is worse, because unlike car accidents, deteriorating health is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by ShmooDude View Post
    Nah, let them buy back in, but at a huge premium (say 10x what their preimiums would have cost had they never opted out). Because eventually they'll figure out it was a bad idea and so we get more money out of them this way.
    The problem with that method is you can't take blood out of a turnip. If they don't have the money to pay in the first place and already in debt then adding more debt isn't going to lower the costs for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    That was the way it was pre-ACA. If you got sick and didn't already have health insurance, good luck getting one. If you got sick and had insurance, the insurance company would start jacking your premium up hoping that it would get to the point where you had to drop the policy because you could not afford to pay the premium. While delaying your treatment as long as they could by burying you and your doctor in a tangle of red tape and mountain of paperwork.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-05-05 at 07:56 PM.