The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know if it’s funny or sad to see two people who spout untruths all the time calling each other realist.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t know if it’s funny or sad to see two people who spout untruths all the time calling each other realist.
    It's like watching monkeys in the zoo throw shit at each other.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He cannot be reasoned with. "Bunch of hacks."

He can't get out of his echo chamber(And b4 the suspects try and retort, my opinion on some things here isn't always shared, like Island Expeditions for example). I even had an idea how to bring Island expeditions(At least the system of going to an instanced area but using it over and over.

EDIT: Being banned several times is not a good look either. I've been banned at least once and that was years ago(infractions added up).
    Ive been here since March 2011 and have only had 1 minor infraction for spam. Though I dont think we are aloud to talk about this are we?

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be real here. Blizzard shills and haters are both extremists. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I don't think blizzard devs stay awake at night dreaming about going to work and making players happy, but I also don't think they do a lot of stuff to make the game purposely bad. I don't think they are incompetent etc.

I used to be a Blizz fanboy, but im somewhere in the middle now. Still probably closer to fanboy than a hater, but both sides look absolutely ridiculous to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ive been here since March 2011 and have only had 1 minor infraction for spam. Though I dont think we are aloud to talk about this are we?

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be real here. Blizzard shills and haters are both extremists. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. I don't think blizzard devs stay awake at night dreaming about going to work and making players happy, but I also don't think they do a lot of stuff to make the game purposely bad. I don't think they are incompetent etc.

I used to be a Blizz fanboy, but im somewhere in the middle now. Still probably closer to fanboy than a hater, but both sides look absolutely ridiculous to me.
    Forums have a tendency to show extremes because someone would already have to be invested and passionate enough to spend time on a forum, doubly so if they're a frequent flyer.

In that case, it makes people in the middle pretty rare, which is nice when you get a lot of them into one thread (like this one).

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

I've always been in the middle, seeing as I started playing late Wrath and got exposed to the negativity of Cata launch and the questionable dev response to said negativity. It made clear to me the devs are more than capable at making great content, but they react way too extreme (the famed pendulum swing) and make really weird design choices at times.

Always had an aversion to both the shills and the doomsday prophets. I'll praise the devs for quality content (5.1-5.2/most ofLegion) and call them out for sheit (WoD-BfA)

Anyway now with the Mythic Run done, I would guess Raid Tests could be possible in this or next week. Also a play Heroic Warfronts with the Devs could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Debatable. From recent interviews they've said nothing other than "we are aware" despite the fact they were told of the issues since Beta.

I just don't see there being a huge shift in design philosophy at Blizzard while Activision are whispering in their ears sadly. Just my 2 cents of course.
    I can’t be certain about a shift in philosophy but it definitely seems that way to me. Obviously this isn’t regarding activision or MAUs, just wow itself.

They’ve stated they want to remove/fix TF, they’ve stated they want to add things to the game and continue to do so for the future regardless of them convoluting the game (which was the reason for the prune), they stated they dislike what artifacts/azerite have done to classes, etc. Now obviously all of these things are just “we agree, we know, we’re aware, we want to do it” but at the same time it does signal a change in philosophy especially in regards to the prune they’ve been doing with classes. We won’t know anything until 9.0 but if they did manage to change their philosophy that could be fantastic for classes and the game as a whole.

We won’t know for a while though, this is just based off of all the recent interviews. They have used the “we hear you” line too many times already to be fully believable though so we’ll see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    I've always been in the middle, seeing as I started playing late Wrath and got exposed to the negativity of Cata launch and the questionable dev response to said negativity. It made clear to me the devs are more than capable at making great content, but they react way too extreme (the famed pendulum swing) and make really weird design choices at times.

Always had an aversion to both the shills and the doomsday prophets. I'll praise the devs for quality content (5.1-5.2/most ofLegion) and call them out for sheit (WoD-BfA)
    I don't really remember it getting that bad in Cata. When the nerfs came in to the Heroic dungeons....THAT was interesting to watch(It wasn't really nerfs that was the problem. THey pretty much just went overkill with the nerfs..like not even trying to hide the gutting).

Dragon Soul was hated for the longest time. I mean I get why ppl disliked it but I liked it, granted I wasn't too sure how I would handle Deathwing in the final battle. I know this forum kinda loves Mist but.....it was just as controversial as WoD or even BFA. Not just because of the immature "lolpandas" bullshit. People just didn't like certain things going on(THe daily gating was the worst and in fairness not a good decision either).

It also doesn't help that Blizzard was STILL TRYING to aim for a yearly expansion thing which......I didn't even care for happening like no I didn't ask for that. Yeah we big expansion and masses of content but...yearly? No stop that.

TLDR: No I don't think the devs hate us or anything like that in some malicious way or purposely do this, no way it'd be even allowed. Now maybe an indie studio might do that(....Phil Fish....) but..big companies I doubt(Devs won't be that hateful....now....... corporate executives or Ceos of EA and Activision and Ubisoft might >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    TLDR: No I don't think the devs hate us or anything like that in some malicious way or purposely do this, no way it'd be even allowed. Now maybe an indie studio might do that(....Phil Fish....) but..big companies I doubt(Devs won't be that hateful....now....... corporate executives or Ceos of EA and Activision and Ubisoft might >.>
    Indies are pretty much the only ones that might pull that. Actively working against your playerbase makes no financial sense. They might not necessarily like or care for the people, but they won't intentionally hurt their profits.

7+ Year Old Account
    wish expansions were 2 1/2 years each

Someone found the entrance of the raid, turns out it is under the statue of Azshara in Nazjatar.

Here is the whole thing https://imgur.com/a/6iQDPAf
    The path also seems to be under the blue lights i found.
    (for refernce https://i.imgur.com/DA566SU.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/rSzc9ml.jpg)
    Last edited by rainhard; 2019-05-04 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They're so frenetically involved in the circle-jerk that they manage to radicalize one-another.
    No wonder they can't be taken seriously by anyone but themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Someone found the entrance of the raid, turns out it is under the statue of Azshara in Nazjatar.

Here is the whole thing https://imgur.com/a/6iQDPAf
    The path also seems to be under the blue lights i found.
    (for refernce https://i.imgur.com/DA566SU.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/rSzc9ml.jpg)
    I can see from the screenshots of that place that my low gamma and light settings (to spare my eyes) are going to be a problem... Never seen screenshots so dark before. D:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    wish expansions were 2 1/2 years each
    They absolutely could be with good pacing and constant content delivery.
    MoP for example held 5 million players for 14 months, thanks to the high quality of content delivered and the systems in place that kept players busy. Legion could likely have lasted a little longer without issues too.

Info for Battle for Nazjatar is out

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291569/...nt-and-rewards

I've never found the tower gameplay to be all that interesting when I did it in the past. The feel of it will certainly change once flying is out, but for now going between towers is probably too much effort. The ability to bring new people in via group finder for a guaranteed win in your shard will probably be common. Will see lots of 40 man raids in random shards to secure the win. Maybe they'll change it so you don't get the rewards in a raid group or something.

Appears to be the same essence as the Mechagon one instead of making it super exclusive. Gating it behind 5 Call to Arms distinctions (5 weeklies) probably signals the drop rates of a lot of these rank 3 essences will be like that
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-05-04 at 10:19 PM.

The story of the game would actually be way better if the focus was always on the gnomes in my opinion. They are the most interesting race in the game, being WoWs only known democracy. Kinda hoping Mechagon is the beginning of a trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    The story of the game would actually be way better if the focus was always on the gnomes in my opinion. They are the most interesting race in the game, being WoWs only known democracy. Kinda hoping Mechagon is the beginning of a trend.
    Yeah no, always focusing on gnomes wouldn't be a good idea. They're no more interesting then goblins.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Said nobody ever.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Said nobody ever.
    Well, one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Well, one person.
    Touché.

That being said, Gnomes are already scary. Mechagnomes are anxiety-inducing.

Honestly no, always on any race or theme gets people bored. Hell people right now seem to be bored with themes that last more than a patch or two let alone an entire expansion.

It would have been nice if Mechagon would have been included in 8.1/beginning of Season 2 for the megadungeon (or even 8.1.5). A new zone of sorts should be a goal for the major patches. And not just a zone that's "do some world quests".

Part of me wonders if that was the original plan but it got pushed to 8.2 very early in development, since 8.2 now has Nazjatar + Mechagon. After all, the Karazhan megadungeon came with 7.1. There's still a sizable gap b/w 8.1.5 and 8.2 that Mechagon could have fit there too. You also had Cathedral of the Eternal Night in 7.2 (though that dungeon might as well not existed with how overtuned it was for awhile, cool dungeon aesthetically though)

I suppose the more I think about it, yeah, Mechagon in 8.1.5 should have been a goal to work towards to fill this gap
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-05-05 at 01:53 AM.