View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'm not sure why you're having a dig at me or why you're putting words in my mouth.

If, after three years, you can't recognise when Dribbles is being serious or when he is, very obviously, winding you up it really is nothing to do with me.
    I’m not having a dig, Pann. I’m just stating facts. You’ve often objected to posters flying off the handle at Dribbles.

The problem is that he’s conflating two things:

a) wind up Nigel with completely inaccurate, unreasonable & bizarre statements
    b) while letting an undercurrent of genuine belief trickle to the surface

Your attitude towards Dribbles has always been “he’s not being serious” / “he’s writing in a certain style to wind up Remainers”. Some posters have accused Dribbles of trolling; I don’t think he’s ever been a troll. I just wish he’d be a little more honest about his views rather than making ludicrous statements as above? Or do you not think what he’s written above is ludicrous?

I’m not entirely sure it’s possible to claim the moral high ground against e.g., CTD for saying something ludicrous when Dribbles regularly does exactly the same?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    /snip
    Yep, exactly. Personally, I think it's disturbing but I'm sure I'll be told otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Your attitude towards Dribbles has always been “he’s not being serious” / “he’s writing in a certain style to wind up Remainers”. Some posters have accused Dribbles of trolling; I don’t think he’s ever been a troll. I just wish he’d be a little more honest about his views rather than making ludicrous statements as above? Or do you not think what he’s written above is ludicrous?

I’m not entirely sure it’s possible to claim the moral high ground against e.g., CTD for saying something ludicrous when Dribbles regularly does exactly the same?
    If you can't see that Dribbles is a windup merchant then, as I said, that's on you. If you try he will, sometimes, engage you in a sensible conversation and I have to say on the occasions I've had conversations with him he has often been better informed than his detractors and less likely to resort insults or misrepresentation. Why not try it sometime? You might find out that those leavers aren't all that bad.

Are you seriously asking if comparing the Lib Dems to UKIP is a ludicrous statement? Really?

But, yeah, obviously posting ludicrous things is justification for calling someone a pedo!?!

Oh, I clicked view on the post you've quoted above but snipped and it is because of these moronic comments why I have Dizzeeyoo on ignore.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-05-04 at 09:54 PM.

Personally, I think it's disturbing but I'm sure I'll be told otherwise.
    You might find out that those leavers aren't all that bad.
    Well you didn't have long to wait

it is because of these moronic comments why I have Dizzeeyoo on ignore.
    So do you think the good people of Blackpool are joking? I can't tell from this, unfortunately
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-04 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Labour and tories get hit hard.

UKIP take a beating

LD and Greens get a boost

Tories and Labour response "Well it's because people want brexit."

Me: .... How do you get to that conclusion?

I'm not even sure we can get a true conclusion from this. Some areas had no Tory, no Labour. Many others had no of the others. Then we have low turn out. Only conclusion we can get is that of the low turnour there was a massive FU to Tories, a big but not as big FU to Labour, Big boost for LD and Greens, Independents got a lot too but unless we check every one of them we can't be sure where they fall on policies including Brexit.
    Isn't that just local council elections? I mean, do people not vote on other issues than Brexit anymore in the UK? Like local roads, council tax, getting rid of those power outages, attracting more tourists... that kinda stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Farage and Widdecombe, shining lights of the centre ground in British politics

Out of interest @dribbles, what have UKIP done since introducing Sargon as a candidate that caused you to go from being super keen to vote for them to thinking they are all nutters? Presumably it would have to have been something major?
    He found an idiot party that is even dumber than UKIP: The Brexit Party!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Separate issue but doesn’t everyone find ignore a complete waste of time? You’d have to be permanently signed in. Half the time I browse, I’m not signed in.

Separate issue but doesn’t everyone find ignore a complete waste of time? You’d have to be permanently signed in. Half the time I browse, I’m not signed in.
    Nope, given the bollocks and general unpleasantness regularly posted in this thread it makes browsing it a much more pleasurable experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Farage and Widdecombe, shining lights of the centre ground in British politics

Out of interest @dribbles, what have UKIP done since introducing Sargon as a candidate that caused you to go from being super keen to vote for them to thinking they are all nutters? Presumably it would have to have been something major?
    I think UKIP flirting with advice from Tommy Robinson, the Sargon guy and the chap with the Nazi dog is too much. They are still useful in that extremists without access to something like UKIP could very well infect other more moderate parties, so hopefully they will be about for sometime yet. It is an outlet for them...

Brexit party rallies certainly seem representative of the UK as a whole
    Look, the majority of remainers live in multicultural inner city urban ghettos, much of England Scotland and Wales outside of these sewer places still look very much like the scene contained in your picture. It might but really shouldn't surprise you if you are British that some people, such as myself, need to drive for almost an hour to come across anyone with a different skin colour.

If I chose to, I could spend the rest of my life not meeting any. Many people who live here, but not I, do quite happily make that choice. What's wrong with that?

Remove yourself from the London bubble, or equivalent other city cesspit type places, it is a very very different world. Might be very scary for remainers to not be so blinkered though, go on open your mind. I dare you!

And your picture only scratches the surface of it. If only you knew...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I'm legit always signed in when I visit this site.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I think UKIP flirting with advice from Tommy Robinson, the Sargon guy and the chap with the Nazi dog is too much.
    So when you said
    So much fun to be had in who might be off to the EU he's got my vote Def worth a brexit delay, bwahahhhaaahaaaahaaaa
    referring to Sargon standing as a UKIP MEP, you were lying?

You don't want to see Sargon or Yaxley-Lennon as MEPs in the European Parliament?

It might but really shouldn't surprise you if you are British that some people, such as myself, need to drive for almost an hour to come across anyone with a different skin colour.

If I chose to, I could spend the rest of my life not meeting any. Many people who live here, but not I, do quite happily make that choice.
    And yet you are all so terrified of them.

Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-05 at 12:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So when you said

referring to Sargon standing as a UKIP MEP, you were lying?

You don't want to see Sargon or Yaxley-Lennon as MEPs in the European Parliament?
    You are quoting me before the very existence and miraculous formation of the Brexit party in the last few days and under such recent historical circumstances sure, without the re-incarnation of Farage and his party it would be fun to see them cause chaos in the EP. They would certainly be welcomed by their fellow kindred MEP spirits sent there by the Italian voters, Hungarians, Czechs and Poles amongst many others. Do you think they are a phenomenon of only the UK?

But now moderate brexiteers, such as I, in a spirit of reconciliation have a new political force to coalesce around and unite the nation. Times are quickly changing and people move with them.

Who said we are terrified? Some love to live in a hotpot of cultures and are free to do so, but some do not. Both options are currently available in the UK.

Nothing wrong with either choice. What's your point? What is wrong is removing that choice and forcing people into a society they do not desire. Ask the Germans how Merkel's come one come all policy to the world is working out for her. Oh don't bother, she is doomed as a leader only because of it.

The sensible Germans have seen to that.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

You are quoting me before the very existence and miraculous formation of the Brexit party
    The party was announced on 20 January 2019
    The quote is you on the 12th April 2019 - did you still not think Farage's party was going anywhere 3 months after it was formed?

Who said we are terrified?
    Everything about that poster screams terrified.

Both options are currently available in the UK.
    If you already have the option to avoid all foreigners while the UK is a member of the EU, why are you so desperate to leave the EU in order to avoid foreigners?

What is wrong is removing that choice and forcing people into a society they do not desire.
    And yet you support Brexit
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-05 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Seeing ads like that makes you question how anyone could seriously deny that Brexit wasn't a racist and xenophobic campaign.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Seeing ads like that makes you question how anyone could seriously deny that Brexit wasn't a racist and xenophobic campaign.
    Especially when you see the Nazi propaganda that inspired the UKIP imagery.

Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-05 at 02:17 AM.

I wish Brexit would hurry up and happen so I could see their faces when they get no more control of their borders than they already had.

So basically, the upshot of these elections is that two years of miserable failure loses you votes? Well that's heartening I suppose...
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2019-05-05 at 06:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

May has written a piece in The Mail on Sunday urging Corbyn to "put their differences aside" and do a Brexit deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eresa-May.html

According to The Times May is willing to compromise on a customs union, goods alignment and workers' rights.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...bour-qdqf0qqfk

It remains to be seen whether an agreement can be reached and whether it would be acceptable to the majority of Con and Lab MPs. However if an agreement is reached that tacks on a CU and goods alignment to the current WA, May and Corbyn will have managed to negotiate a deal that is fundamentally worse in every way than our current EU membership whilst at the same time letting down leave voters. Bonkers!

May has written a piece in The Mail on Sunday urging Corbyn to "put their differences aside" and do a Brexit deal.

According to The Times May is willing to compromise on a customs union, goods alignment and workers' rights.

It remains to be seen whether an agreement can be reached and whether it would be acceptable to the majority of Con and Lab MPs. However if an agreement is reached that tacks on a CU and goods alignment to the current WA, May and Corbyn will have managed to negotiate a deal that is fundamentally worse in every way than our current EU membership whilst at the same time letting down leave voters. Bonkers!
    Thanks for the link. IMHO, May's speech is one of the worst speeches I've ever read from a professional politician. Since she made it to the PM position, I am assuming that when she was not totally beat up and burnt out she did much better. Reading her speech really drives home the idea that Britain is … not in a good place right now. Regardless of HOW Brexit ends.

Oh it was totally run on racism and xenophobia, Just google "Brexit propaganda" and you will see all the disgusting imagery used during their campaign.
    Thanks for the tip.

Yuck. Yeah the stuff they peddled was disgusting. The comments to May's speech kind of show why May really is between a rock and a hard place. So many angry posts, which also is very consistent with the type of disgusting and dishonest imagery that was used to sell Brexit in the first place.

People in this thread have claimed that the rhetoric from Dribbles is not unique to him. In the comments to May's speech, I felt like I was reading multiple versions of Dribbles. This will not turn out well for Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Since she made it to the PM position, I am assuming that when she was not totally beat up and burnt out she did much better.
    Sadly she became PM by being the last person standing at the time who wanted the job, not because of any outstanding personal traits.

Sadly she became PM by being the last person standing at the time who wanted the job, not because of any outstanding personal traits.
    I can believe that. She is paying a pretty big price for taking the job it seems.

On the one hand she seems incompetent and almost clueless. On the other hand, there is no one that looks good when they are put in a no-win situation in a very public high visibility situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    The quote is you on the 12th April 2019 - did you still not think Farage's party was going anywhere 3 months after it was formed?
    The party may have been conceived then but the foetus of it was not launched or born until 12th April. At which point I, amongst millions of others, switched from UKIP to the Brexit party.

Everything about that poster screams terrified.
    Sometimes the truth is terrifying.

If you already have the option to avoid all foreigners while the UK is a member of the EU, why are you so desperate to leave the EU in order to avoid foreigners?
    So that uncontrolled immigration can be controlled. See that poster as an example of the alternative. Are you attempting to be shocking by posting it? Millions of people don't have a problem with it, why do you? What exactly is wrong with it? Go on be specific man.

And yet you support Brexit
    I support democratic choice of which the result was to leave. Do you?

I don't think its about the differences between May and Corbyn but between Labour and Tory backbenchers. Even if the leaders are frit enough of the Brexit party to cobble together a deal to try to avoid EU elections at any cost, it still won't command the support of the parties and pass through with a majority the house of commons.

Are you attempting to be shocking by posting it?
    No, but the racist twat who was leading UKIP at the time of its creation sure was.

The party may have been conceived then but the foetus of it was not launched or born until 12th April. At which point I, amongst millions of others, switched from UKIP to the Brexit party.
    Their European election launch was April 18th, so what happened on April 12th? Something noteable, or are you just getting your dates wrong in all the excitement.
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2019-05-05 at 11:25 AM.