Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    This is just wrong.

Summer 2019 - Friday, June 21 to Monday, September 23
    If Classic launches on a Friday I won't sleep for 72 hours lol.

2020, the future!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing late August.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    I mean... it's re-releasing a game they released 15 years ago. Classic servers have existed without them made by unpaid non-employees hobbyist fans rather than a team in a major game developer. It shouldn't be... you know... hard. But yeah... sure take their time to "get it right".
    You realize that they aren't just "putting it back out", right? And they're doing a totally different process from what private servers did. There is a LOT of work, and yes, it is hard.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just wrong.

Summer 2019 - Friday, June 21 to Monday, September 23
    No. Summer is June 1 to August 31.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grofatso View Post
    Blizzard isn't going to be present on Gamescom in August this year, which could mean Classic is out before that.

Maybe it's just me, but it would be worth hyping Classic a bit before the release. To get more people to sub. Nothing to hype if it's already out.
    They should definitely NOT hype up Classic.

The backlash from the community would be huge if they did.

You do not hype up 15 year old stuff or mobile games. You just don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Is it? Still like two months until summer even starts.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually imagine not until September. Apparently they said second half of the year on the earnings report so that rules out June.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    They should definitely NOT hype up Classic.

The backlash from the community would be huge if they did.

You do not hype up 15 year old stuff or mobile games. You just don't.
    Uh why? That’s absurd. There’s bound to be tons of people who would play but have no idea it’s coming. Shit my old hunter buddy from vanilla didn’t even know it was in the works muchless out soon when I told him last month. Now he’s excited for it. The community is going to bitch anyways. The fan base is divided over BFA vs classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
    I mean... it's re-releasing a game they released 15 years ago. Classic servers have existed without them made by unpaid non-employees hobbyist fans rather than a team in a major game developer. It shouldn't be... you know... hard. But yeah... sure take their time to "get it right".
    A.) They said it is a small Team.
    B.) Yeah, hobbyist who where really good at coding. Ignore the fact that devs are basically programmers.
    C.) Is it so easy? Why does Nost/Elysium or whatever server have/had so many issues?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotal View Post
    No. On every server (I played all the popular vanilla ones) there are always things that are off, such as:

Basic loot tables(random mobs always drop too much)
    Mob damage
    Bugged abilities
    Nodes spawn time (mining, herbalism) are either too fast or too slow. This leads to a screwed up economy.
    Mob and hunter pet pathing (especially in caves)
    Many bugged quests
    Band aid fixes to boss mechanics and damage when no one can provide info on how it really was back in the day
    Abusive and corrupt staff.
    Almost every npc have no dialogue. "Greetings <name>" on most npcs.

The list goes on but you get my point.

All these things and probably many more which I did not mention here are what blizzard will take their time on fixing before release, and I'd wait a thousand years to play classic rather than play a single private server again
    True, but they don't have to "fix" that though. They got original database.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    What calendar are you using? I can only assume you are not in the United States (or you're just trolling)? Because in North America it's June 21st to September 23rd.

It's not going to happen in the next 3 months. 8.2 will be Blizzards MAU grab for this quarter, Classic will be the next quarter.

Agreed, Blizzard doesn't have to spend a single cent on marketing Classic. The people that want to play it are already foaming at the mouth for it and have been for a long time now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As it kinda is in Europe....so..no idea..maybe its is the Chinese year or something oceanic?
    Denmark, and maybe other countries in Europe, still stick with the fixed months seasons. At least I often hear something like "Today is the first day of winter/fall/summer/spring" when we get to the 1st of December/March/June/September. The Danish Weather Service (DMI) also uses that when they are comparing seasons from year to year.

September 10th.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Not for those of us who moved out of the dark ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know enough about programming etc to really say this, but it seems that if private servers can come and go very quickly then Blizzard who is a huge company should be able to produce these servers ALOT faster than they have done. Please, if private servers can do it so fast, what is taking Blizzard so long, please do explain to me.

September 17th, the last Tuesday of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't know enough about programming etc to really say this, but it seems that if private servers can come and go very quickly then Blizzard who is a huge company should be able to produce these servers ALOT faster than they have done. Please, if private servers can do it so fast, what is taking Blizzard so long, please do explain to me.
    Private servers were shell of the original. A ton of guesswork on numbers and a lot of abilities (players and NPCs) didn't work properly (or some didn't work at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    What calendar are you using? I can only assume you are not in the United States (or you're just trolling)? Because in North America it's June 21st to September 23rd.
    Russia, of course, who cares about US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Blizzard operates out of California it is logical to assume they will conform to the standard North American definition of Summer.
    /s