Thread: Home Invasions

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Home Invasions

If someone were to walk in your front door and refuse to leave, and start roughing up your family, would you be prepared?

Or, what if you invited someone over, and things turned ugly, and they refused to leave, what would you do?

Or what if you didn't invite someone over, and they were just creepy and were stalking you, and they snuck into your house, and refused to leave you alone? What would you do? Would you be prepared?

As someone who has always advocated against guns and always tried to look for solutions around using violence, I've constantly wondered exactly how I could deal with a situation like you can see in some horror movies or in the news when I'm not sure if I'd want to use such force. I know the automatic solution is just to call the police, but exactly how do you do that if you're pinned down or things go down pretty fast?
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

If the sun exploded and in eight minutes the shockwave was going to hit the earth... would you be prepared? This is why everyone needs an interstellar ship. Insanely uncommon and low odd things happen. Be prepared.

5+ Year Old Account
    Beat the devil out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    If the sun exploded and in eight minutes the shockwave was going to hit the earth... would you be prepared? This is why everyone needs an interstellar ship. Insanely uncommon and low odd things happen. Be prepared.
    Right, but is there a way to do that without actually using violence? Or having a gun?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Beat the devil out of him.
    Beating them isn't far off from the whole using a gun thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance View Post
    Right, but is there a way to do that without actually using violence? Or having a gun?

- - - Updated - - -

Beating them isn't far off from the whole using a gun thing.
    Yeah and what is your point?

Yeah and what is your point?
    They're both violence and I'm looking for solutions that might not be violence other than the obvious calling police, as I don't care for violence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shut the door and call the police.

Imagine that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Baseball bat can work if you don't have weapons.

Even if you do have weapons, it is not fast to go unlock the weapon and load it while someone is beating your family.

Maybe get a taser or something if you are so scared
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

5+ Year Old Account
    They're both violence and I'm looking for solutions that might not be violence other than the obvious calling police, as I don't care for violence.
    If someone is already roughing up your family, the only way to stop that person is going to be violence. The police does not have a magic teleportation device. It will take them like 10 minutes to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Shut the door and call the police.

Imagine that.
    Why would I open the door to someone who's likely to attack me? I know unexpected things happen, but that makes no sense. I'm talking about if they're already inside. If it was as simple as slamming the door and calling the police then I doubt that all the stories in the news about home invasions would have gone the way they did. So, any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

If someone is already roughing up your family, the only way to stop that person is going to be violence. The police does not have a magic teleportation device. It will take them like 10 minutes to arrive.
    Well, nevermind. I can see this thread was pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenario one: castle doctrine state

Scenario two: I don't just invite people over. My home is my sanctuary; I admit very, very few people.

Scenario three: castle doctrine state

This seems less oriented towards non violent options, and more about wanting to throw shade at gun owners. At the end of the day, I keep firearms ready for use because I'm not willing to compromise my personal safety over pacifistic platitudes.

Being and acting nice has a tendency of being taken advantage of...

My home has more than 1 door in it, and these doors are not American-standard paper wafers doubling as doors.
    I'd lock myself in the bedroom, where I have a landline, and call the police.

That being said, I would love a double-barrel shotgun... I just love the sound when you load the shells!

Drug dealers suffer the most home invasions, they often have lots of money and drugs and they aren't likely to call the police.

Joe Citizen who's done nothing wrong isn't likely to have his home invaded, it's extremely rare.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Why would I open the door to someone who's likely to attack me? I know unexpected things happen, but that makes no sense. I'm talking about if they're already inside. If it was as simple as slamming the door and calling the police then I doubt that all the stories in the news about home invasions would have gone the way they did. So, any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, nevermind. I can see this thread was pointless.
    It really kind of is. What are you expecting us to tell you? There is no magic or superhero abilities that can stop someone from doing something without it some way inflicting some form of force or pain on them. Especially if said person is determined to hurt you or your family. There are non fatal forms of violence you can use such as tasers or stun guns, blunt weapons like a baseball bat, different forms of mace, etc... If you don't want to own a gun you don't have too.

Don't forget the old sneak behind and inject sedative tactic

Works best when wearing disguise
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Learn BJJ, easily handle the situation like a man, and you dont have to hurt anyone.

Then offer them cookies , smh .If they are invading you , courtesy is already out of question, either barricade and call police or react and fuck them up the best you can

If the sun exploded and in eight minutes the shockwave was going to hit the earth... would you be prepared?
    Of course.

All we'd have to do is get everyone to go over to one side of the Earth so it tilts over (being flat and all), letting the underside (which must contain something awesome since the entire world's governments, scientists, and explorers all conspire to keep The Truth from us) absorb all of the tiny sun's explosive energy. Then we can just survive on the light generated by our moon which is clearly just as big as the Sun. Boom, prepared.

#MAGA!

This is a blatantly stupid post. The sun exploding is like a one in a trillion chance. Homes get invaded every fucking day. This isn't an unlikely hypothetical scenario, it's a every day reality. Yes, even in supposed utopias like Norway or Sweden. This shit really does happen, so don't be fucking snide with this bullshit hypothetical scenario crap.

I don't have a gun (yet), but I have a tire beater (basically a billy club) and quite a few knives. Plus, I'm a pretty big guy. If anyone tries to invade my home, they're in for at minimum a few broken bones, a cracked skull and severe blood loss.