Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I agree with all except 10 I guess.

Keep your dirty hands away from my mission table.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Although not happening, my personal wish would be if they'd just end WoW and release a new MMO with a modern, action-based combat system, bigger and more "realistic" world, huge variety of character customization, new lore etc.

If they just continue WoW as it is then what they definitely should do is make all the old expansion content relevant again. With the scaling tech they could scale up all the old expansions to max level and let each of them have their own progression/itemization (although it should be way simpler and easier than the most current expansion).

For example BFA gear would act as green gear in Northrend, so if you want to be strong in Wotlk content you have to gear up in that content. The void storage could also be reporpused as an equipment bank that can be accessed from anywhere so that switching sets and collecting a lot of gear isn't an issue.

One of WoW's main issues atm is just how huge the world is and yet the only interesting content happens in 2 small continents.
    Also remove WF/TF and the mission table (it's either completely useless or if it's useful then it's just the dumbed shit ever, literally facebook style gameplay)
    Other than they should also redo their class design philosophies. I thought that Wotlk and Cata had the most fun and balanced classes.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-05-05 at 09:48 AM.

1. Remove WoW token
    2. Remove cash shop
    3. Remove mission tables
    4. Remove AP
    5. Remove titanforging
    6. Fix the old world so that levelling is actually fun and meaningful again

None of these will probably ever happen, which is why I'll be playing WoW Classic. There isn't a single expansion idea, mechanics wise, visuals wise, design wise, that they can blow me away with at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Too bad I was there when this forum was burning with the hate of how shitty WotLK was...and a few year later how MoP was the worst shit ever.

Now these x-pacs regularely come out at the top when we vote for best x-pacs.

I totally have lost trust in player feedback and the forum posters on what makes a good game and how things should be....
    Remember, most content provider like youtubers professed undying love for MoP and were greatly disturbed by how subs were dropping despite "how great the game was". That's because the game began to heavily cater to antisocial play. Most content creators are severely introverted. Introverted people LOVED MoP. But the game was absolutely hemorrhaging extroverts. That created the disconnect among youtubers where they loved the game but people were leaving in droves.

That's why you CANNOT go back to MoP. That's why you CANNOT pump out solo content. They've already spent SEVERAL xpacs catering to introverts and driving off extroverted people. They need to radically alter the game to branch out and reach extroverts again.

And as I said, the game director should be an extreme extrovert. Most of the devs should be extroverts. MMOs are extroverted games by their nature. Its not healthy to go on antisocial benders. If they are heavily introverted, their ideas will reflect the need for community and they won't fix the problems.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Fuck off with removing of WF/TF. It is a great feature imo.
    Ion is this your secret account???

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much agree with OP about everything but WQs and reputation grinds. Don't reduce reputation grinds, make them different and not tied to a shit system like WQs (also WQs were never good). I loved reputation grinds when they all had their own story to tell and you gained rep in different ways like TBC. MoP version was alright too with how distinct each faction was, but only the Tillers and their friend status had an interesting way of gaining rep. I see people wanting the tabard rep system back though so I'm probably in a minority that wants actual factions and not just a random name on a bar to fill up by doing content completely irrelevant to that faction.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    First you people were scared by the number 1.000.000 in crits..so that needed to be squished. Then ilv 1000 was scary, so that got squished. Now the number 130 scares you..Jesus..did you drop out of kindergarden before you learned to count to 10? I seriously want to understand.
    It's been explained multiple times, but I'll clear it up so that you can grasp it (rather than insulting people you've misunderstood).

I could simply stipulate that people handle smaller numbers better according to scientific research, but this is a game.

The difference between a high number of levels and a low number is the value of each. If there are, let's say, six talent choices and 35 abilities for a class, then you're talking about 41 level-orientated updates for a ding. If the next expansion maximised at 130, then that means 31.5%, not even a third, will have a reward. If the level cap is 60, on the other hand, then it's 68% of your levels that will reward you with something. Arguably more importantly, it'd likely mean that you get a talent every ten levels (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60) and, therefore, having a system that concludes at the level cap.

A remain at 130 would likely mean nothing is developed over those ten levels added, as happened with Battle for Azeroth, reducing the value of levelling in comparison.

What is potentially another value is that expansion content could actually have its necessity removed. If the levelling scaled to 55 prior to the current expansion, and you could level up via the Cataclysm rebound, then the pile of dead expansions can be removed as a need and instead turned into Timewalking content that could be rebuilt with solo-content in mind (something that was overwhelmingly voted for in a recent poll here).

So:

There are multiple decent arguments for dropping levels, but the key one you've brought up is NOT (funnily enough) "i cant coont to 142".

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Replaceing or removeing LFR and forges is a big no no for me i would leave WoW and go to a different MMOrpg then.
    I'm pretty much certain that you wouldn't leave if forges were removed; and probably not LFR.

For the record, I don't really argue for its removal - merely that it could be used as a solo prospect that could develop individual skill levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I don't actually agree with Flying at Max Level, I agree that it should take some time and effort, mainly getting Exalted with main reps, maybe a storyline and two, a dungeon or so - all doable within couple weeks after hitting max. But gating it for a year or so... no.
    To be clear, this is what I'm arguing.

I'm not suggesting that it unlocks at level cap, what I'm suggesting is that when the achievement is created, players unlock it when they complete it. The issue I'm making is that setting up an achievement, but making a random decision as to when it unlocks, is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    #9 - Disagree. This isn't a single player game, it's a MMO. There is plenty of content for those who wish to solo, but if you want access to the higher levels of rewards, you're going to have to step into groups and group content. Now if they want to up the difficulty of some of the world mobs to offer a better challenge in terms of soloing, then sure, but a big no to designing content exclusively for solo players.
    I just want to say that I completely disagree, and think the development of solo-content would be a real help to many problems.

What's important, though, is that your stance is totally reasonable. It's nice to see someone make a disagreeable statement, without spamming insults or stupidity. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but i didn't even continued after reading "getting rid of LFR"
    This wasn't said once, and I hopefully made my stance on it easier to understand in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    You forgot redo professions entirely.
    I did, actually. It's absolutely something that should be done.

The fact that they've all been dropped to 150, but for some reason archaeology is 900, generally shows a complete lack of design intent with professions.

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    Don't reduce reputation grinds, make them different and not tied to a shit system like WQs (also WQs were never good).
    My apologies if I was unclear, I don't want reputation grinds reduced; I want them untied from the sheer similarity applications they suffer with now (essentially, you do World Quests and that's it).

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    It's been explained multiple times, but I'll clear it up so that you can grasp it (rather than insulting people you've misunderstood).

I could simply stipulate that people handle smaller numbers better according to scientific research, but this is a game.

The difference between a high number of levels and a low number is the value of each. If there are, let's say, six talent choices and 35 abilities for a class, then you're talking about 41 level-orientated updates for a ding. If the next expansion maximised at 130, then that means 31.5%, not even a third, will have a reward. If the level cap is 60, on the other hand, then it's 68% of your levels that will reward you with something. Arguably more importantly, it'd likely mean that you get a talent every ten levels (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60) and, therefore, having a system that concludes at the level cap.

A remain at 130 would likely mean nothing is developed over those ten levels added, as happened with Battle for Azeroth, reducing the value of levelling in comparison.

What is potentially another value is that expansion content could actually have its necessity removed. If the levelling scaled to 55 prior to the current expansion, and you could level up via the Cataclysm rebound, then the pile of dead expansions can be removed as a need and instead turned into Timewalking content that could be rebuilt with solo-content in mind (something that was overwhelmingly voted for in a recent poll here).

So:

There are multiple decent arguments for dropping levels, but the key one you've brought up is NOT (funnily enough) "i cant coont to 142".

I'm pretty much certain that you wouldn't leave if forges were removed; and probably not LFR.

For the record, I don't really argue for its removal - merely that it could be used as a solo prospect that could develop individual skill levels.

To be clear, this is what I'm arguing.

I'm not suggesting that it unlocks at level cap, what I'm suggesting is that when the achievement is created, players unlock it when they complete it. The issue I'm making is that setting up an achievement, but making a random decision as to when it unlocks, is poor.

I just want to say that I completely disagree, and think the development of solo-content would be a real help to many problems.

What's important, though, is that your stance is totally reasonable. It's nice to see someone make a disagreeable statement, without spamming insults or stupidity. I appreciate it.

This wasn't said once, and I hopefully made my stance on it easier to understand in this post.

I did, actually. It's absolutely something that should be done.

The fact that they've all been dropped to 150, but for some reason archaeology is 900, generally shows a complete lack of design intent with professions.

My apologies if I was unclear, I don't want reputation grinds reduced; I want them untied from the sheer similarity applications they suffer with now (essentially, you do World Quests and that's it).
    You are 100% wrong here i would leave because other MMOrpg have something like it already they saw what blizzard did and copyed it and just renamed it something different.My skills level is fine above avg don't have nothing to prove in WoW BFA.
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-05-05 at 04:39 PM.

level squish never ever

just like people actually resubbing to this game after the mess of bfa
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I care about is a new class. I really don't care what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most of the OP's points, especially the level squish and class individualization. Character unlocked flying would be nice as opposed to being gated. I think World Quests are fine as they are, but I wouldn't complain if they became more unique.

The main point I have to disagree on is the notion of not having Horde-centric and Alliance-centric zones. I love the Zandalar and Kul Tiras, and would like to see such a divide again. I know people especially have issue with the Raids; like why the Alliance would care or even know about Ghuun. I like it from the standpoint of having clearer canonicity.

Oh yeah, alongside a level squish, it would be wonderful to have a clear leveling path that does not jump through time.
    Last edited by saintminya; 2019-05-05 at 05:53 PM.

I can agree with every point except #1. I can never, and will never support a Leveling squish, that would be the last straw in many removed and squished things that would send me packing permanently.

This last ilvl squish/stat squish was the dumbest thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any squish should never happen, esspecially not level squish.

War/titanforge problems I always just see from plebs basically, if you raid mythic for example right now you get 415+ from bod, 420/425 from cos. Considerin the max ilvl right now is 425, you basically got some of the best gear. Of course if you just raid normal you gotta hope you get some crazy +50 procs to be geared.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-05-05 at 06:22 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I can agree with every point except #1. I can never, and will never support a Leveling squish, that would be the last straw in many removed and squished things that would send me packing permanently.
    I'll say it again, though it's been said before:

This type of threat is simply hard to take seriously.

It's not an insult or a judgement - it's merely a recognition that those who threatened to leave prior to the item level reductions, pretty much never left. My imagination is that a level squish, which has a reasonable argument, would be exactly the same.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Get a better story team

2. Make Titan Empowerment Trait Heart Thingies the stepping stone to just restoring Glyphs already.

3. Bring back Valor/Justice

4. Timewalking split off from the weekly events as its own rotating queue.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    I'll say it again, though it's been said before:

This type of threat is simply hard to take seriously.

It's not an insult or a judgement - it's merely a recognition that those who threatened to leave prior to the item level reductions, pretty much never left. My imagination is that a level squish, which has a reasonable argument, would be exactly the same.
    It won't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but no that's not an empty threat, I will quit if they level squish. I'm already barely playing, once a week for 3 hrs to do some M+ because BfA is already horrible.

Better class design.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    4. Timewalking split off from the weekly events as its own rotating queue.
    To what end? So that's it's up more often?