The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah Helya. I forget about that because nothing ever came of it. And I'm convinced the writers forgot about it too.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Her reaction in Arathi Highlands tells a different story. That was really my turning point in terms of rooting for her.
    I don't think she'll war against the dragon aspect, but she's clearly not fond of life, not even for her own kind to HAVE a life in Undeath with family and friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Are you sure? It has been a recurring theme.
    Anduin also said she's warring against life itself when you warn him of Xal'atath's disappearance after Crucible of Storms.
    Three Sisters comic shows the void warning Alleria that Sylvanas "serves the true enemy", and Sylvanas at the end says everyone "will serve death... they will serve me."
    Even death entities like Bwonsambi and Lich King talk about Sylvanas "threatens the balance" [of life and death].

While I don't think she will move against the reds, her theme as "the enemy of life" has been fairly consistent so far.
    Fair enough.
    But while i do think she isn't fond of life, it's more in the sense of being alive and all that comes with it. Attacking the reds is a whole other level.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh yeah Helya. I forget about that because nothing ever came of it. And I'm convinced the writers forgot about it too.
    They haven't. Island Expeditions with kvaldir enemies can drop an item that starts a quest. You are sent to Stormheim to inquire the valarjar about those kvaldir, and you find out that Helya isn't quite so dead. "You can't kill death."

So, Blizzard does remember Helya and has seeded her return already.
    Whatever...

And it's said that some of the IE quest items story will be told in BfA, but so far only the Black Dragon Scale and some Naga stuff seems to be connected to the lore.

If a death themed expansion is coming I’d assume that’s where we’ll see Helya. I’m really not sure what we’ll get but it seems like an undead/death expansion is being hinted at all over the place. Either that or the Void, who knows. Regardless, when/if we get that death expansion that’s probably when we’ll see Helya again.

I’m honestly not even sure what they’re doing with the Black dragon scale and Wrathion. They’re being shown and hinted at but again not much has come of it outside of little hints or things like Black talon bodyguards being seen in certain places. I don’t really think we’ll see much of these storylines in BfA, it seems like they’re just planting the seeds for later.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They haven't. Island Expeditions with kvaldir enemies can drop an item that starts a quest. You are sent to Stormheim to inquire the valarjar about those kvaldir, and you find out that Helya isn't quite so dead. "You can't kill death."

So, Blizzard does remember Helya and has seeded her return already.
    Cool. But do they remember that bit with her and Sylvanas?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    If a death themed expansion is coming I’d assume that’s where we’ll see Helya. I’m really not sure what we’ll get but it seems like an undead/death expansion is being hinted at all over the place. Either that or the Void, who knows. Regardless, when/if we get that death expansion that’s probably when we’ll see Helya again.

I’m honestly not even sure what they’re doing with the Black dragon scale and Wrathion. They’re being shown and hinted at but again not much has come of it outside of little hints or things like Black talon bodyguards being seen in certain places. I don’t really think we’ll see much of these storylines in BfA, it seems like they’re just planting the seeds for later.
    Seems there's a lot of Dragon stuff going on along with Death(At least with some of the seeds in Island Expeds and well 8.2 sorta has it to).

Death or Dragons, I'm ok with.(Just don't..pull a Cata ending again even if I kinda enjoyed the ending minus the depowering).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Cool. But do they remember that bit with her and Sylvanas?
    I think they seeded that to pay-off in BfA, so yes.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Fair enough.
    But while i do think she isn't fond of life, it's more in the sense of being alive and all that comes with it. Attacking the reds is a whole other level.
    I think she would refrain from attacking the Reds because the Knights of the Ebon Blade already did that and she doesn't like the sloppy seconds from other Lich King wannabes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should tint the Aszuna ruins greener or add some Moss/ seaweed.

So...we're getting more armor sets in this patch right? Hopefully the benthic sets are unique like the argus sets.

If they had the look of the Raid Gear, it would be kinda weird tbh. Also hopefully they will add Mechagon Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    If they had the look of the Raid Gear, it would be kinda weird tbh. Also hopefully they will add Mechagon Armor.
    Argus had the lightforged sets, which were unique (plus the green fel set that was a random drop). We already don't have any warfront armor in 8.2, and the gear we currently have is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They should tint the Aszuna ruins greener or add some Moss/ seaweed.
    My sentiment exactly.

It needs to look as if it's been submerged for thousands of years, not as if the buildings were picked up from Azsuna and plonked onto Nazjatar. :d
    Hint: Vashj'ir!

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Argus had the lightforged sets, which were unique (plus the green fel set that was a random drop). We already don't have any warfront armor in 8.2, and the gear we currently have is disappointing.
    With Warfront they will maybe just take the Style of the highest PVP Seasons 3 Sets. Even a resused Gladiator Set 1 would count as excuse.

But for Nazjatar Armor and Mechagon I hope they will get their own models. Mechagon currently just uses Kul Tiras Mythic Armor and this would be pretty boring.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    With Warfront they will maybe just take the Style of the highest PVP Seasons 3 Sets. Even a resused Gladiator Set 1 would count as excuse.

But for Nazjatar Armor and Mechagon I hope they will get their own models. Mechagon currently just uses Kul Tiras Mythic Armor and this would be pretty boring.
    They should receive their own armor (Nazjatar and Mechagon). The purchasable Azerite gear from Vendors right now, is that gear from the Dungeons or the Zones (or both)?

I would think Naz and Mecha would have their own "zone armor" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    At the same time though, the armor having set stats limits what stats you can get.
    As they are intended for catchup/casual gameplay, that doesn't really matter much, minmaxing is for progress raiding. Despite all stat varying stat weights, itemLevel should trump in most cases, and only Haste has a real possibility to alter gameplay/rotations slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Didn't she call life a curse and hope a disease fairly recently?
    Possibly, but you might be thinking of Nythendra and Emeriss.
    I certainly immediately heard Nythendra's "...is a disease!" when I read your comment, but I'm currently farming her for the recolor of the HC Mage Shoulders, so...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...g_in_nazjatar/

More hinting towards a Dragon Isles xpac in 9.0
    I really can't imagine what bs they have to pull of their hats to make a Dragon Isles expansion. Something like Pandaria or AU Draenor (Pandaria was great, AU Draenor not so much) but I doubt they can do it. At least they won't ruin established lore with it so... could be exciting. I'd still prefer a Black Empire expansion a la Lotro's Moria (which was amazing).

Blizzcon might be half a year away but it can't come soon enough (and with it the announcement of the next expansion). With MAUs being at an all time low it's obvious they have to do something big for xpac 8 to actually turn around the steady downfall of WoW. And this means doing something for new players, too (level squish and/or world revamp).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-05-06 at 12:09 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really can't imagine what bs they have to pull of their hats to make a Dragon Isles expansion. Something like Pandaria or AU Draenor (Pandaria was great, AU Draenor not so much) but I doubt they can do it. At least they won't ruin established lore with it so... could be exciting. I'd still prefer a Black Empire expansion a la Lotro's Moria (which was amazing).
    Wrathion (or any of other dozen dragons we personally know) comes up and asks us to go? Seems pretty simple.

I think you're reading way to much into the MAUs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Blizzcon might be half a year away but it can't come soon enough (and with it the announcement of the next expansion). With MAUs being at an all time low it's obvious they have to do something big for xpac 8 to actually turn around the steady downfall of WoW. And this means doing something for new players, too (level squish and/or world revamp).
    WoW MAUs are likely not a big factor. Out of 30 mil, WoW's share is probably something like 2, and the main bulk of 30 is OV+HS+HOTS (yeah, HOTS got closed, the activity dropped, but just to remind - there were estimates before that, and according to them, HOTS made more money for Blizzard than HS, counting the overall - so I guess that even half a year after the close HOTS has more MAUs than WoW does).

WoW MAUs are the juiciest though.