Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah I know, but still - why she didn't' finish him off? That means she's stupid and suspectible to act like an idiot. Which lead us to think that even a kid(like Anduin) could win with her with a little bit more cleverness.
    Because think of the backlash blizzard would get it Sylvanas killed Genn in a questing cutscene
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Yeah I know, but still - why she didn't' finish him off? That means she's stupid and suspectible to act like an idiot. Which lead us to think that even a kid(like Anduin) could win with her with a little bit more cleverness.
    is the same thing as Malfurion story or even The Battle for Lordaeron cut scene where Sylvanas try to kill the Alliance leaders by poison, you can take it the way you want plot armor / alliance bias / idiot writing team, there are N possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If a person can break your arm with one hand, that means said person poses a serious threat if they actually use both.
    But since we didn't see that happening for shit, it's a theory at best.

Because Baine is a random animal in Kun-Lai?
    I mean, you argue above that Sylvanas' acknowledgement has no basis, but simply translate that 1:1.
    Kun-lai? Sylvanas was rampaging in Ghostlands, killing wolves and bears. She ripped off a wolf's head and wolves have thicker necks than humans. The strength required to rip a human's head or limbs off is more or less the same as the strength required to kill a human in one hit to the chest or the head. Since ripping a wolf's head requires more strength due to its thickness, Sylvanas is even stronger than what's needed to one hit a human, bridging the difference in durability between humans and Taurens. Not like Tauren's heads have ever been said to be particularly strong. And all of that is ignoring the fact that Sylvanas can simply kill Baine by opening her mouth, long before he gets the chance to prove whether or not he can actually break her bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto Demerzel View Post
    Is your argument to reject Baine strength literally that Sylvanas is dumb and cant asess the strength of her opponent? O.o Because i think the biggest strength of Sylvanas is that she is cunning enough to KNOW when to fight and when to not.
    No, my argument is that Sylvanas' assessment doesn't have to be 100% on point, because she doesn't have a built-in gauges to do so.

You arent meassuring strength properly. Do you think Sylvanas is the only banshee ever lived? Saurfang (speculation, i obviously concede this) probably fought more than one banshee up in Northrend in WoTLK while other leaders like Lor'themar or pretty much ANY blood elf has fought banshees too. What makes Sylvanas special is that she is proficient with the bow and has several val'kyrs backing her up. Nothing else.
    Have you seen any other Banshees breaking bones and armor on an army scale with her voice? No? Then your attempt at comparing Sylvanas to normal Banshees and stating the only thing that makes her special compared to them is her archery and Val'kyr is a failure.

She lost 1v1 to Greymane, why people expect that she could do anything more...
    Ah, yes, Genn that fell unconscious after the fight due to poison and had to be hauled away by his compatriots while Sylvanas ignored them all totally won the fight. Him not even being able to wound her when he landed a direct hit on her face even though he was turning Felguards into sashimi with his claws at Broken Shore assured that monumental victory of his.

Plot contrivance, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But since we didn't see that happening for shit, it's a theory at best.

bridging the difference in durability between humans and Taurens
    The irony between those two statements.
    Like yeah, go ahead, pretend that Sylvanas is that unstoppable Juggernaught.

Unless the enemy happens to have a gun.

Yeah, good luck for that clumsy fuck that prefers to avoid fighting actualy catching up to her.

So Thrall, Saurfang, Jaina, Matthias Shaw, Lor'themar, Thalyssra and even Anduin plotted in both sides to save Baine from Sylvanas... yet... the Horde has a way to solve this without having to become an "underhanded" rogue.

Cant Thrall/Saurfang/Jaina/Pretty much ANYONE just stand in the front door of Orgrimmar and challenge Sylvanas to a Mak'gora?

If Sylvanas is corrupted, she needs to be overthrown, so making an roguish movement to release Baine is not going to solve anything... and on the other hand, if Sylvanas has the will of the people, beating her in public into submission would break her control over the Horde.

Garrosh challenged Thrall in the past... so did Cairne to Garrosh. Why wouldnt any of the mightiest ones in the Horde challenge Sylvanas to avoid this bloodshed if thats their motivation (or rather Blizzard made it their motivation)?
    because its totaly fair for a big huge orc to fight a small frail elf woman in hand to hand combat, how would the SJWs feel about that, especially if she loses /s

Can alrdy see the Kotaku articles "Blizzard entertainment disrespects woman character by making her fight a 3 times bigger male character and loses."
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-05-05 at 05:09 PM.

Canonically the answer would probably be "Because Baine, Saurfang, and Thrall are at least smart enough to know that they're just Dude With Axe #43 and don't stand a chance against a banshee," but realistically it's probably closer to "because Blizzard has a plan for Sylvanas." Or at least they say they do, who really knows at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    For the same reason she didn't just shoot Malf herself on the beach and Tyrande didn't fry Nathanos while he did his best Team Rocket impression and ran away. I.e, plot-induced stupidity. On the same beach suspiciously enough.
    That beach in Darkshore must be a lot bigger than it looks because this whole expansion has been plot-induced stupidity. All the major characters (PC included) must have Darkshore sand in their shoes or something.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    Canonically the answer would probably be "Because Baine, Saurfang, and Thrall are at least smart enough to know that they're just Dude With Axe #43 and don't stand a chance against a banshee," but realistically it's probably closer to "because Blizzard has a plan for Sylvanas." Or at least they say they do, who really knows at this point?

That beach in Darkshore must be a lot bigger than it looks because this whole expansion has been plot-induced stupidity. All the major characters (PC included) must have Darkshore sand in their shoes or something.
    fun fact, the beach in Darkshore was 100% asbestos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    because its totaly fair for a big huge orc to fight a small frail elf woman in hand to hand combat, how would the SJWs feel about that, especially if she loses /s

Can alrdy see the Kotaku articles "Blizzard entertainment disrespects woman character by making her fight a 3 times bigger male character and loses."
    an elf woman that could probably punch a gaping wound through their chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

What irony? Tauren are more durable than humans, meaning more strength is needed to one shot a Tauren with a fist than it is a human. The strength required to one shot a human is roughly the same as the strength needed to rip a human head off. Wolves have thicker necks than humans, meaning more strength is needed to rip off a wolf head than it is to rip off a human head. Hence bridging the gap. Nowhere did I say it did so completely. So you're just flailing around pretending you have an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    fun fact, the beach in Darkshore was 100% asbestos.
    And since undead are immune to asbestos, we finally know why so many Night Elves joined Forsaken after getting resurrected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post

Kotaku should already have a field day with blonde, blue eyed ubermench leading everyone to prosperity.

I think I have found a way to force Blizzard to delete Anduin, turn him into another nazi symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah, good luck for that clumsy fuck that prefers to avoid fighting actualy catching up to her.
    Doesn't matter who actually fights & beats Sylvanas, they're on the Golden side.

What irony?
    You dismiss Sylvanas' own assumption (who should be the most credible person when it comes to "who is a threat to me"), but simply assume that Sylvanas could kill Baine with ease because she can kill animals with ease.
    That is the irony.

Doesn't matter who actually fights & beats Sylvanas, they're on the Golden side.
    Golden currently has a dilema between her pet characters and a "symbol of horde feminism" (jesus that mate me throw up).

Golden currently has a dilema between her pet characters and a "symbol of horde feminism" (jesus that mate me throw up).
    Sylvanas can be easily replaced with Talanji.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly because she cheats being ranged/ethereal

tbf it's to create suspense and discussion
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Considering Calia has set her sights on the Forsaken leadership, i doubt that's much of an issue for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because think of the backlash blizzard would get it Sylvanas killed Genn in a questing cutscene
    Yeah, that could be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    is the same thing as Malfurion story or even The Battle for Lordaeron cut scene where Sylvanas try to kill the Alliance leaders by poison, you can take it the way you want plot armor / alliance bias / idiot writing team, there are N possibility.
    Exactly. The story goes whatever the writers want it to go. There is like zero consistency.

Ah, yes, Genn that fell unconscious after the fight due to poison and had to be hauled away by his compatriots while Sylvanas ignored them all totally won the fight. Him not even being able to wound her when he landed a direct hit on her face even though he was turning Felguards into sashimi with his claws at Broken Shore assured that monumental victory of his.
    She lost the fight because she didn't do anything. Even if she could do something, but she didn't - still makes her a bad leader. She just stood there and was gripping her bow tight with anger. Like a kid who lost his toy and couldn't do anything.

That's a warchief? I mean like seriously. lol
    She didn't even see/feel/smell him untill he said something(so yeah, they're both idiots who shouldn't be on their places).
    That's a legendary high elf ranger/tracker? lol

Plot contrivance, nothing more.
    Like everything in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    For the same reason she didn't just shoot Malf herself on the beach and Tyrande didn't fry Nathanos while he did his best Team Rocket impression and ran away. I.e, plot-induced stupidity. On the same beach suspiciously enough.

That said, I get the impression Anduin could take her out theoretically, it's just that she can do her (sk)ree-ing before he can melt her with the Light and he's not someone who likes to use the Light aggressively. That's just conjecture on my part though, Andy has a much lower reading of his chances.
    It was the beach all along!

As for who can take Sylvanas: Anyone. The power of all the characters is inconsistant at best, just as in Comic books. Sylvanas being able to go ethereal means shit if the writers decide to make canon what has been the case since Vanilla, namely that warriors can pound ghosts to ectoplasm by the use of steel and fury. All they have to do is decide to give Thralls earth shock an interrupt, and her scream is all for nought. And don't get me started on what Jaina could do. So you can fly, scream and turn to purple smoke? I almost drowned a city, mass-teleported armies and I have a flying ship with Magitech cannons. Depending on the point of writing Jaina alone could wipe the Horde of the face of the earth. Or not. These discussions lead to nothing.

i believe the only ones that can defeat Sylvy are Thrall, Jaina, Malfurion, Tyrande and maybe Thalyssra. Saurfang is just a warrior. An old one too. Sylvanas would woop his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh challenged Thrall in the past... so did Cairne to Garrosh. Why wouldnt any of the mightiest ones in the Horde challenge Sylvanas to avoid this bloodshed if thats their motivation (or rather Blizzard made it their motivation)?
    Same reason no mention was made of the Ancients, Vindicaar, or any other faction with a vested interest in preventing large-scale natural devastation in the War of Thorns or the Darkshore Warfront. Blizzard writes themselves into corners and ignores what should be obvious factors all the time, this is no different.
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-05-05 at 11:57 PM. Reason: edit for clarity
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It was the beach all along!

As for who can take Sylvanas: Anyone. The power of all the characters is inconsistant at best, just as in Comic books. Sylvanas being able to go ethereal means shit if the writers decide to make canon what has been the case since Vanilla, namely that warriors can pound ghosts to ectoplasm by the use of steel and fury. All they have to do is decide to give Thralls earth shock an interrupt, and her scream is all for nought. And don't get me started on what Jaina could do. So you can fly, scream and turn to purple smoke? I almost drowned a city, mass-teleported armies and I have a flying ship with Magitech cannons. Depending on the point of writing Jaina alone could wipe the Horde of the face of the earth. Or not. These discussions lead to nothing.
    While you're not wrong, Warriors tend to fare very poorly in 1v1s lorewise. Grommash got rekt by Gul'dan, Thrall shitcanned Garrosh as soon as he stopped playing around, and Saurfang would have been slaughtered by Malfurion. I'm sure there are other examples as well, there's a pretty consistent theme that some dude with an axe just isn't going to win a straight up fight against someone manipulating the cosmic forces of the universe.

Baine could break Sylvanas in two if he gets his hands on her... if being the operative word. She's aware of this fact. Then again she did powerslide into Frostmourne so who the hell knows at this point.