Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New system and new options for the next expansion

1. Islands
    - Change island expeditions to specific.
    - Scaling to the current level.
    - Having a option to choose what kind of population you want to have on that specific island.
    - Changed to points and not any kind of AP grind or related to gear
    - RNG and Dubloons untouched. RNG still in the table for mounts, transmogs and pets.
    - Random treasure that contains gold hidden in the islands that has pirates, from 200g to 400g..

2. Professions
    - BoE's being crafted again. This way we can have more resources to make gold and help alts to get equipped.
    - Inscription milling proc equally for all herbs and with the same inks but maintaining the number of how many you will create will be surprise factor = RNG

- NEW SYSTEM:

Inscription, enchanting and Jewelcrafting could work together and instead of aesthetic purposes only in inscription.
    Enchanting professions could create an enchant that would be modified by inscription and turned into a glyph, having a tab of glyphs for armor-type where you don't need to add to the piece directly. The same for gems.

It could be selled on the auction house but wouldn't have the option to apply to the gear. Only Inscriptionists could use that enchant scroll and place a sigil in the scroll modifying them into glyphs, able to be applied into the slots of glyphs and sell them too on the Auction House.

Crystals can already be sold on the Auction House and can't be turned into a gem without Jewelcrafting, so the Jewelcrafter would create the gem -> put on the auction house -> Inscriptionist would buy -> Inscriptionist would turn into a glyph -> Inscriptionist would sell in the Auction House.

Only inscription sigils would have the capacity to turn it usable.

Instead of directly placed in the gear, the glyphs will be added to the slot-type for hands, cloak, feet, etc.
    This way having a glyph-enchant-gem on the armor-type it would prevent you from buying another enchant every time you get a new piece of gear.

The Aesthetic ones related to the class would still exist and be able to be added directly to the ability.

Sketch:

3. Mission table and professions

- If not removed, being able to go on a mission finding crystals for Jewelcrafting, herbs and nodes as a "Rare" spawn mission, having a bonus up to 100% chance of bringing additional materials. It would be cool if sometimes you could take one day off from farming and letting your followers do a adventure in the world to find materials for you.

4. Mythic Plus
    - Being able to select affixes. Even tho that idea was scrapped, i still like it.
    - Give a Limit per day to do M+. Around 15 is the maximum.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-05 at 01:26 PM.

1. Remove any meaningless end level farming like artifact/azerite power.

2. No more traits/talents bound to certain gear slot (weapon, necklace, or azerite armor), any traits/talent should be bound to character, like old glyph system. Player's rotation, playstyle shall not be changed or limited by certain gear.

3. Flying should be available at least in first patch. No flying for half expansion is a great way to reduce subs.

4. Professions have been useless and irrelevant for ages now, need serious rework.

5. We have had garrison/order/war resource and mission tables for 3 expansions now, I don't see the necessity and excitement in it anymore.

6. Less RNG, warforge/titanforge in gearing, as everyone as mentioned.

7. Bring back raid tier sets and make them good, give people incentives to raid instead of mythic+, warfront, world quests, etc.

8. Class/spec balance, this is always a tough task, but it has never been as bad as now. It seems Blizzard gives it up in bfa.

In summary, that is to return to the last expansion (MoP) when we didn't have this azerite/artifact/ressource/missions etc.

Make the gameplay (class, specs, talents, rotations, etc) and content (dungeons, raids, quests, etc) more interesting, not the farming (azerite/artifact/resource/pathfinder, etc.)
    Last edited by ashblond; 2019-05-05 at 10:28 PM.

With the budget cuts at Blizzard and Bobby Kotic putting his foot down telling them to produce NEw games, Doubtful 9.0 is really going to be much different . They might tweak a few systems, but adding anything new? Dont really think that's feasible now. (.0 Will likely be like BFA, a Copy and paste of teh previous expansion but with less
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

@ashblond
    8. Class/spec balance, this is always a tough task, but it has never been as bad as now. It seems Blizzard gives it up in bfa.
    This might be the thing they take so long to do. They have too many troubles with classes. I hope they take a best and bigger look this time because it needs to be TRULY balanced after the loss of artifacts, waste of skills that are sit without being used. Needs to be revamped.

Even shadow priest that is performing amazingly, in Legion they could stay in Voidform longer and atm in BfA they cannot. The damage doesn't show this but who plays one knows the lost of artifact feels empty.

A rework from Legion-BfA needs to be done before they do something else to stabilize the class on current contents.

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    @ashblond

This might be the thing they take so long to do. They have too many troubles with classes. I hope they take a best and bigger look this time because it needs to be TRULY balanced after the loss of artifacts, waste of skills that are sit without being used. Needs to be revamped.

Even shadow priest that is performing amazingly, in Legion they could stay in Voidform longer and atm in BfA they cannot. The damage doesn't show this but who plays one knows the lost of artifact feels empty.

A rework from Legion-BfA needs to be done before they do something else to stabilize the class on current contents.
    In BFA, we have like 50 different azerite traits, which can be stacked, and have very different value.

How can we balance 36 specs with 50+ stackable traits? No wonder Blizzard just gives up balance in BFA.

That is why I think we shall move away from all these artifact/azerite/trait/relic/essence shit and move back to the core talent/spells/ability/rotation themselves.

@ashblond agreed, should be removed entirely and balance classes with their abilities to something worth playing and talents and abilities useful making 1-2 builds viable at max. A total rework/revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    With the budget cuts at Blizzard and Bobby Kotic putting his foot down telling them to produce NEw games, Doubtful 9.0 is really going to be much different . They might tweak a few systems, but adding anything new? Dont really think that's feasible now. (.0 Will likely be like BFA, a Copy and paste of teh previous expansion but with less
    You are aware those cuts aren't to development right? IN fact, he said there will be more development.

I like many of your suggestions. A+!

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    BfA has more than Legion in some areas, so let's not do the whole selective facts shit.

And they're adding more developers to among other titles, WoW. Their latest quarterly report clearly stated that they're doubling down on keeping current profitable titles as such and making them moreso (since that's what investors want, AKA it makes zero sense to cut back and let profitable ventures die off... duh).

@Annka looks like you have put more work in a few professions than Blizzard has done In awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    In BFA, we have like 50 different azerite traits, which can be stacked, and have very different value.

How can we balance 36 specs with 50+ stackable traits? No wonder Blizzard just gives up balance in BFA.

That is why I think we shall move away from all these artifact/azerite/trait/relic/essence shit and move back to the core talent/spells/ability/rotation themselves.
    People told blizzard that in alpha. Who's bright idea was it to have to balance 300 garbage traits that aren't interesting?

@Nymrohd i don't know how that would play out, had to see to have an idea. Theoretically seems ok but at the same time i don't know if it would work for wow that much. But any suggestion is welcome to this thread.

Your island idea is bad. Anything that relies on 8 layers of RNG is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Your island idea is bad. Anything that relies on 8 layers of RNG is bad.
    8 layers of RNG? First you choose population and the island you want so you have more chance to get what you want, either a mount or a pet, or transmog based on the population you want on the island. How is that RNG at it's finest? RNG at it's finest is what we have currently.

And i even said to let the dubloons untouched = having pouches drop every island.

I don't see how you're ignoring the chances i suggested and turning it into "8 layers of RNG", it's the opposite.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-06 at 02:10 PM.

8 layers of RNG? First you choose population and the island you want so you have more chance to get what you want, either a mount or a pet, or transmog based on the population you want on the island. How is that RNG at it's finest? RNG at it's finest is what we have currently.

And i even said to let the dubloons untouched = having pouches drop every island.

I don't see how you're ignoring the chances i suggested and turning it into "8 layers of RNG", it's the opposite.
    You are right, of course. It's a nice way to build up Island Expeditions. Some RNG is needed, especially when you can choose like you write. But a lot less RNG than current since you'll get to choose island and mobs. I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You are right, of course. It's a nice way to build up Island Expeditions. Some RNG is needed, especially when you can choose like you write. But a lot less RNG than current since you'll get to choose island and mobs. I approve.
    Yes RNG is needed still, so the only way i see it working without being an abundant RNG machine, is being able to at least select the population that has the drops you want and try get them. Hence why i said to leave that RNG at least untouched but changing the current RNG from random islands you will get, because you have 3 islands every week that once you join for random any of them can be choosen + when you go there, the population invasion that will pop up will be also RNG = everything is a freaking RNG party! LOL

5+ Year Old Account
    1. Islands
    The problem with them its not the "idea behind them" its how Island became a "Filler" system, "we need something for people to grind azerite", because at this point 3 man Scenarios of MoP were better "storywise" "actiondriven" and "Rewarding". While Island just because they have the "map" now feel a little rewarding.
    Island could have been the first time for an actually Instanced free style dungeon, for you and your copartners to explore, without using mounts or limiting to certain areas of the island like "tiles" that you unlock doing diferent activities within the island. There is no need to fight another team or do it PvP, its just there for you, the player, to not be sitting arround the island and do it faster.
    Again, the entire system of Island its ok, but they devolved intot he filler system of azerite, and probably Blizz its going to let them rot on BfA expansion.

2. Professions
    We actually can do BoEs so idk about what you saying, probably you are saying "BoEs THAT MATTER" because right now and in 8.2, BoEs are going to be 2 tiers below Normal Dungeon, so they are literally useless and not worth the effort to craft, maybe tied the BoE to the same item lvl of Heroic could be the solution.

- NEW SYSTEM:

Overlycomplicated, again Profesions are not in the worst position right now, but Blizzard removed a lot of RPG things, they try to itnroduce more but at the same time, its goes beyond that andi actually blame Raiders and PvE in general, you gear faster doing normal dungeons than crafting, UNLESS if is something specific like the Trinkets.

3. Mission table and professions
    Mission tables are fine, if you dont liek them, dont do it. The idea behind them its making you feel "a commander" while on Legion they feel Awesome, Draenor was rough between all of the Time gating. On BfA you do it or you dont, you want extra bonus a bit of lore of whats happening in the world. DO IT.

4. Mythic Plus
    This are fine and perfect, dont dare touch them. My only concern its the viability of certain classes because of how Blizzard doesnt give a shit on the class phantasy, making every class the same thing.
    For me, i would love for Blizzard to make more dungeons witht he ability of make them M+, OLDER dungeons, like the first Mythic Challenge Dungeon of Pandaria making a return, or using Vanilla dungeons, revamped some of them for M+. YES yes reusing assets blah blah, but some of the older dungeons are top nocht, and every time a Timewalking comes i actually love doing those dungeons.

@Kemsa on next expansion, the islands, if they don't remove it and put a vendor for the mounts and mogs, then they need to make it easier to get this stuff and that's my strategy.

for the professions, they are not good no, they are mostly useless, most of the items don't even have enchant purposes and gem sockets are really rare to spawn in a piece. So, professions are in a bad state, Jewelcrafting i never saw it so bad how it is right now. It's not over complicated at all. It's just a synergy between professions, that's not over complicated and that would make people choose this professions more frequently. Most of the people choose Alchemy and herbs or mining to make money with.
    They need to make professions good again, and this is my new system concept. I would like it, if you don't, well i don't like not having anything to do almost with them either, so we are fifty-fifty.

Mission tables annoy me. But i see it being a resource for other things that we don't have atm, instead of equipping a follower with this equipment of bringing herbs, there could be a mission to get those herbs. For example. And giving the farmers a day of rest for when they come home after work get their herbs from finished mission.

Mythic Plus is just an idea, i like it how it is also, but i think people abuse way too much this system, there are people that plays all day m+ and end up having too much gear from titanforges that drops from that, giving it a limit would be nice. I might agree the being able to choose afixes can be boring tho because it would mean even on the international competitions would be a bit... hm somewhat annoying. But people that wants to just do a m+ for the weekly would want to have a certain affixes instead of the random ones. And that's all i think. My ideas explained.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-05-06 at 03:19 PM.

Islands suffer from one, this is an Azerite grind farm, and two are timed, negating the expedition part of their name.

Current WoW suffers from too much RNG, islands providing you remove the above two problem aspects is where RNG should run rampant.

I’d like to log on and be, “hmm, ships are headed Molten Cay, Jorundall, and Dread Chain this week.” I’ll talk to the goblin sapper team and hopefully be able to get rid of the boulders that led to an underground cave I found last time I was on Molten Cay. What’s in the cave, who knows? The rewards can change, the cave can change, the inhabitants of the cave can change, etc. maybe I get a cave moose, maybe cave armor.

Or I pick the assault team to accompany me, well fuck now this little village is gunna get attacks and imma take its random treasure. OR I bring some ambassador team, the mobs are less hassle, hell even friendly and they give me some trayshur.

Islands can be as randomly different every time I go there, but I want to WANT to go there, not to grind AP, but because and level of treasure I value is there, weather it’s mounts, pets, mog, some future player housing decorations, or just fat fat sums of gold.

Yes RNG is needed still, so the only way i see it working without being an abundant RNG machine, is being able to at least select the population that has the drops you want and try get them. Hence why i said to leave that RNG at least untouched but changing the current RNG from random islands you will get, because you have 3 islands every week that once you join for random any of them can be choosen + when you go there, the population invasion that will pop up will be also RNG = everything is a freaking RNG party! LOL
    Yeah, what we have now is 8 layers of rng :P What you suggested are not even close^^

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, what we have now is 8 layers of rng :P What you suggested are not even close^^
    Either they remove islands for next expansion and put a vendor with everything for gold or some token source, idk, because the stuff from islands, people will still want to collect. Or they edit it to something more simple and giving more options on what to choose, to get those rewards. It will not be current content, so obviously people will not always want to do islands as we do now in BfA, most of them do it for the cap only. And with all the RNG is even worse, the farming for this items is a joke, i have over 600+ runs and i didn't got a single mount.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Doffen also still annoys me some mounts in Legion paragons makes me do all this world quests that are a slow grind, i barely have time or think to go back and farm for this, i don't want another rng based grind for islands. And even those paragon mounts should be changed. I'm a collector and islands have so much stuff that i like to collect, and i have not been blessed at all with mounts. RNG is never at my side, lol me sad, bwah lol