5+ Year Old Account
    Should never have replaced this guy with useless tyrion...Daario Naharis got shit done!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by J012D4N View Post
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this last episode.
    Daenerys has been slowly consumed by her coo-coo for cocoa puffs lineage. Started becoming more noticeable when she left Essos, now cracks.
    Also knew Sansa would NEVER keep that shit a secret. Fucking women ...
    Women? It got Littlefinger written all over it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Women? It got Littlefinger written all over it...
    Suggesting that Sansa is warped? Effectively his heir apparent to the throne of lies/douche-baggery ?
    He's still pretty dead Waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    It's so fucking retarded...they got Brann, he could have seen all their plans n Rhaegal would still have been alive..or at least been armored..
    I was under the impression he can see the past and not the future. Sam mentions to him how he is the greatest historian because he can see/visit it all

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by J012D4N View Post
    Suggesting that Sansa is warped? Effectively his heir apparent to the throne of lies/douche-baggery ?
    He's still pretty dead Waffles.
    Ramsay Bolton said he changed her, she grew up with scumbags. She's a total bitch now...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    I was under the impression he can see the past and not the future. Sam mentions to him how he is the greatest historian because he can see/visit it all
    The past means 1 second ago.

Cersei n co have been preparing for months...should have seen the fookin scorpions..

10+ Year Old Account
    This. I think that Brann is basically a living hard drive. It's been so long since I read the books I don't remember the specifics of his abilities, but I think for the purposes of the show his main function was to confirm Jon's ID/background.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sure, but Euron's sneaky fleet is getting fucking tiresome as a plot device. It's absolutely stupid.
    Or consistent? Seems a lot of the "haters" here are crying for consistency...

Or consistent? Seems a lot of the "haters" here are crying for consistency...
    Consistently bad, I agree. Every time Euron appears, it's horrible writing all over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the Starbucks scene, there has also been this:

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Cofee[/IMG]
    You just made me rewatch that scene. How did they miss it? Too many reshoots I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It does, they had a scene about Maggy the Frog near the beginning of Season 5 or 6.
    I suggest you go and watch it again. Season 5 episode 1. She talks about the kids and the beauty, but not the Valenqar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, I loved the episode but I understand that people may not. It’s just a difference in opinions, that’s all. Why try to start shit over it?
    I agree. Books, TV shows, and plays are all a type of art, which means that its appeal is entirely subjective. You're bound to have differences in opinion.

Man, Euron's fleet is the laziest plot device in this show, and that's saying something.

If the show really killed the NK so anticlimatically just so that Dany wouldn't so OP and serve us three episodes of this nonsense then I'll happily call season 8 even worse than season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    This season really is as bad as I feared it could be...

- - - Updated - - -

This Bronn scene makes no sense whatsoever.
    While he seemed a bit out of character, generally being a dick, this may be what Bronn is all about. Season 6/7 with his buddy-buddy comedy with Jaime was more out of character for him, he was never supposed to be the type who would save a Jaime from a Dragon. Tyrion hired him and kept him around because he was a dangerous, greedy man that Tyrion hoped he could control with money and promises. In the books his story follows up with him pretty much owning land, castle, lordship and being in active rebellion against Cersei. This is the kind of man who would capitalize on a chance to threaten the two men who promised him god knows what and left him with nothing.

Anyway, for me it was the first good episode of the season, pretty damn good. A lot of conflict flying around, mainly North vs Daenerys, family disagreements between the Starks. Slowly capitalizing on hints that Daenerys could actually be as mad as her father. Stakes rising yet again with another dragon down, Euron being boss as always. Cersei being a bitch, and actually having all the upper hands she could.

It's only sad things have to be moving so damn fast. From capture of Missandei to her death took like 20 minutes, same with Jaimes newly found love for Brienne, then immediately going "fuck, I'm leaving". Last 2 episodes will probably have to be run at 200% speed on default to end all the plot threads of the show.

Btw very first post:

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc5c68ed2fe6 View Post
    Mod edit: Spoiler tags aren't necessary in this thread. It's actually preferred if you please don't use them as the big chunks of black blocks are rather distracting.

If you haven't read the books, it's greatly recommended that you use the spoiler free thread.

Well since I've seen a few complaints on the main thread, I figure that those of us who have read the books and want to discuss possible scenarios appearing in the TV without spoiling it for those who haven't read the books or seen the current episodes.

Spoiler tags are not to be used in this thread. Attempts to use them to troll or annoy other users can and will result in infractions.
    Time to start the fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Oh my gosh, [SPlol]Jaimie and Brienne have sex[/SPlol.
    Oh my god, here we go again.

All I can say is that if they really [SPlol]end the show with Daenerys going full Mad Queen, Jon taking the Black again and BRAN becoming the next king (possibly with the Iron Throne itself being destroyed)[/SPlol], I'm peronally going to pretend that this season didn't exist.
    Why even bother with speculation?

Nope, he's going to King's Landing to save her.
    According to the leaks that predicted Missandei's beheading, Rhaegal being shot down and many other things from this episode, Jaime [SPlol]will get captured trying to get to Cersei. Then Tyrion will free him in an attempt to get both Jaime and Cersei out of the city. This is likely what gets Tyrion arrested. On the way to Cersei, Jaime will fight Euron and get mortally wounded. As he gets to Cersei, she is already dying - most likely killed by Arya. Then they both die in each other's arms. This is most likely the final scene of the next episode, imo.[/splol]

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    They're really going to rob me of [Splol]Jaime killing Cersei, just so Quasimodo can get another kill she has no right to,[/splol] aren't they?
    Once more to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Brann did nothing so far, absolutely nothing. And according to the leaks [SPlol]there has been no mention about him, all his arc in the north to become the three eyed raven was for nothing[/splol]
    Gosh half the pages filled with black. It's a spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    And again, why does the NK even GAF about him considering that he isn't capable of anything all that worthwhile?

[splol]And if the spoilers are true, I'd imagine Jon ends up killing Dany after she loses her fucking marbles regardless of knowing about his true lineage. If anything, her being frustrated with this knowledge made the situation worse and contributed to her losing her shit and massacring king's landing next week.[/splol]

Even something like [SPlol]have Bran become the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms[/SPlol]?
    It's a field day. Reminds me of good old season 6 battles of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    [splol]The knowledge of Jon's heritage was bound to get out eventually. You saw how careful Jon was while being true to Jon's character, of course he would have to tell his family, that's what Stark's do. And of course Sansa would use this, because that's what Sansa is like now. And Jon's heritage is a BIG DEAL, whether he kills Dany or not. If anything this again shows how pivotal a role Bran played in bringing all that to light.[/splol]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronklez View Post
    Anyone else notice the coffee cup? [splol]https://i.imgur.com/7OYjYq4.jpg[/splol]

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    [splol]I'd be okay with Bran becoming king if they do it smartly and explain how he was playing the long-game 4-d chess this whole time. It would have to be some utilitarian reason and not just because he wants it. He'd also have to drop the autism act if he wants to be taken seriously as a ruler.[/splol]
    [Splol]The version I've heard is that Jon kills Daenerys, which leads him to take the Black and go back to the Wall. In a power vacuum that's left after both Cersei and Daenerys are killed, a council is formed to decide who will be the next king and they choose Bran[/SPlol].

Personally, I don't like this at all. At this point I'm rooting for an ending where [splol]the Iron Throne is melted by Drogon and the realm splits, so effectively no one wins the game of thrones.[/splol]
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I've read all the spoilers for the end... [splol] Daenerys wins easily, executs bunch o' people, Clegane and Mountain die together, Jaime dies trying to get to Cersei, Jon kills Dany in the end and goes to remake the Night's watch [/splol]

Been a fan for 8 years, and read the books. It's a good ending.. How it got there is messy AF though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Why would we [splol] need a new Nights Watch? Um, NK is dead and the whats left of the Wildlings are friends and wont be any kind of force again for at least 30 years.......[/splol]
    Come on, half of this isn't even spoiler anymore, just discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    [splol]This is what I'm having trouble with as well. Not sure what would even be the purpose of a Night's Watch anymore.[/splol]
    Last edited by Wilian; 2019-05-06 at 03:10 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Guys, we've had this fight for several seasons now, you can manage few episodes more.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    If they needed to kill another dragon to make cersei seem more dangerous, why not have it killed by the dragon it was fighing last episode? These scorpion ballistae or whatever are absolutely absurd, as is not scouting ahead of your fleet, especially when you have two dragons.

I'm not certain why Tyrion acts as if Cerse's fate is doomed. He does realize that Dany's army was decimated by the Night King, and that Cersei not only has 20K reinforcements but is blackmailing Dany by having people be her meatshield, right? Without even counting the dozens of ballistas she has at her disposal. It seems to me as if Cersei is the winning side.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-05-06 at 03:34 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They are so fucking bad at scouting, lets miss an entire fleet, and the writers just say she just kind of forgot the enemy had a huge ass fleet. How about sending a few ships a head to scout.
    I don't think that's that big of a stretch. Daenerys and her fleet were on her way to Dragonstone, her "base of operation". They didn't expect counterattack, well, before they even attacked. Also, naval strategies with entire fleets being hidden in bays and behind islands were extremly common, the famous Battle at Salamis has been won by Greek soldiers mainly due to such manouver, at way closer distance too. OP ballistas seemed a bit odd, yeah, but remember, book Euron was supposed to be ultra powerful too, just with magic artifacts. I'm fine with him in the show being ultra powerful in another way, with superior technology and military skills.

Still, screw them for no eyepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I don't think that's that big of a stretch. Daenerys and her fleet were on her way to Dragonstone, her "base of operation". They didn't expect counterattack, well, before they even attacked. Also, naval strategies with entire fleets being hidden in bays and behind islands were extremly common, the famous Battle at Salamis has been won by Greek soldiers mainly due to such manouver, at way closer distance too. OP ballistas seemed a bit odd, yeah, but remember, book Euron was supposed to be ultra powerful too, just with magic artifacts. I'm fine with him in the show being ultra powerful in another way, with superior technology and military skills.

Still, screw them for no eyepatch.
    Dany is flying, she should have spotted them easily.